Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anchors of Truth series on 3ABN...no Walter Pearson?  (Read 7994 times)

mfc10

Anchors of Truth series on 3ABN...no Walter Pearson?
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:00:07 AM »

I have been eagerly awaiting the Anchors of Truth series with Walter Pearson, Jr., that was to air tonight through Sabbath, June 25. However, when I looked on 3ABN's website, the schedule shows that Jim Gilley is the speaker. I called them, and it was confirmed that Jim G. is speaking. The representative said they had no idea why Walter Pearson was not the speaker as listed--and pictured--in 3ABN World magazine this month. I hope he's not ill again! Anyone know anything?  :scratch:

Maggie

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Anchors of Truth series on 3ABN...no Walter Pearson?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:34:17 AM »

When was the change made? Can you find out?

mfc10

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »

http://news.3abn.org/?tag=anchors-of-truth

This was posted on June 7th, so I guess the change in speakers dates at least back that far. Hope Walter P. has not encountered more health problems....I have missed seeing him since his stroke a couple of years back.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »

I didn't even know he wa supposed to be on 3ABN. That was good...too bad I dont' have 3ABN.  I, also, pray that he is not ill again.  He was at my church a few years back.  He is an excellent preacher!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 09:37:47 PM »

So sorry to hear this news about Pearson and could not understand why he was not on and absolutely could not believe the replacement. Now who would that be? My mouth was open too long when the big Catholic robes, flamboyant sleves in array of more then the Pope with big Crosses hanging from his neck or on the material. I gasped and then heard the bellowing of Pentacostal cadence and about flipped my brain into madness. Who does he think he is anyway but I clicked off and did not want to believe what I saw. Talk about a mess and this is now supposed to be something coming out of SDA. You got to be kidding. But then I been on heavy medication and did I really see this. I think I did!!!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 10:54:28 AM »

Wow!  Jim Guilley had a "pentacostal cadence"?!  I am impressed!  LOL!!!

So sorry to hear this news about Pearson and could not understand why he was not on and absolutely could not believe the replacement. Now who would that be? My mouth was open too long when the big Catholic robes, flamboyant sleves in array of more then the Pope with big Crosses hanging from his neck or on the material. I gasped and then heard the bellowing of Pentacostal cadence and about flipped my brain into madness. Who does he think he is anyway but I clicked off and did not want to believe what I saw. Talk about a mess and this is now supposed to be something coming out of SDA. You got to be kidding. But then I been on heavy medication and did I really see this. I think I did!!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 05:48:35 PM »

lol Di, Read again my post..

I would have known Gilly, this guy I asked who in the world he was. I don't think that Gilly would come out looking like that all dressed up in the flowing, flamboyant bafooned big sleeves decorated with big crosses hanging off his neck or imprinted on the material of "Popes Robes". and doing a pentacostal cadence. It was beyond a clown and circus. I think he might have been practicing on 3abn to get calls from the other stations to "come on down" for the show. Something sure was screwy about it. Let me tell you if it would have been Gilly the house might have come down in laughter. He was on several times before --Gilly is now taking over that. I just did not know what happend to Perason cause I did watch him. and low and behold this thing came on and like I said....above I clicked off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up