Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: You might be interested reading, tobeone.blog.com  (Read 20304 times)

childoftheking

Re: You might be interested reading, tobeone.blog.com
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 10:06:53 AM »

Calvin, I will tell you what I get out of this. It is one more person bearing witness to his or her own experience. Numbers of people telling essentially the same thing impress me. They all have different agendas but they experiences tend to support of each other's testimony though they don't appear to have checked out their stories with each other beforehand.

Not only this but each gives testimony from his or her own point of view. And most give details that can be checked out to verify the truth of his or her own statement.

And yes, it is getting old. And no, Maybe the national press doesn't appear to be that interested. But the story isn't over yet. And I and some others still want to find out how it ends.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 10:20:36 AM »

It matters a great deal to me because there are many wrongs out there that have not been righted, many victims who deserve but have not yet received apologies and restitution.

It is troubling that so many take the attitude of "its old news - so what"?  If they or their loved ones had been affected, they might take a different tone.  To me its the same as saying "That unsolved murder is over three years old and there are no new facts so lets just forget it."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 10:24:47 AM by Snoopy »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 10:30:44 AM »

Oh skiguy, don't pay "no nevermind" to the comments at 3abntalk!  I go look over there when I need some entertainment!!  It's a small group of dannyclones who grow increasingly angry with each new incriminating revelation about the Shelton/3ABN history.  I am thankful for your parable.  As for its timing, you bring to mind the name of a song I recall singing at a wedding years ago..."In His Time"!!

it still works for me, but if you can't bring it up, it is the same on, parable.blog.com

All what I did was told a parable.  You ought to see the response to it on 3abntalk.  I am getting famus over there with their hating me.  Coming out with my real name put a bullseye on me. I never encounter such evil over there.  When I came out with my real name on the parable, I better get use to it being attack, as Jesus said, John 15:18 "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you."  I had to write out the parable, even though it brought me a list of people hating me over it.  Ha, if I only knew I would have that kind of an effect over a parable, I should have written it long ago! Michael

Below is just one of the examples what is on 3abntalk,

Re: Michael J. Diamond, Author
Breezy,
“I have gone to the site. It can also be accessed via http://tobeone.blog.com/. Maybe it was under construction. Right now it's up and just rehashes the same lies and dirt that the PickledJoy crowd have tried their best to sling. What becomes interesting is that this person is so right-wing cuckoo that I believe everybody should read his zany posts...”

“First read about him at : http://bornsaved.com/aboutmichaeldiamond.html. Then read his absolutely whacko post in: http://bornsaved.com. If this is another PickledJoy supporter, then another loony has just joined the bin!” steffan 

Emma

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 11:46:08 AM »

As for its timing, you bring to mind the name of a song I recall singing at a wedding years ago..."In His Time"!! 

Warning - Off topic

Snoopy, that is interesting - In His Time was the song my husband and I chose for our guests to sing at our wedding.  I had not heard of it sung at any other wedding.

One of the long term lessons I have learned is that things do happen  "In His Time". 

And that statement is not off topic.

Please resume normal programming. :D

Johann

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »

I really enjoy such "off topics". Wouldn't mind some more of them.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »

That is interesting, Emma!  I had never even heard the song before, but when the bride told me what she wanted it seemed an unusual choice since it is such a simply chorus rather than a sappy love song!  However, the ceremony was beautiful and the song was perfect especially given their situation!  And happily, it has been running through my head since I read your post!  Even just the title is so simple but so deep.

As for its timing, you bring to mind the name of a song I recall singing at a wedding years ago..."In His Time"!! 

Warning - Off topic

Snoopy, that is interesting - In His Time was the song my husband and I chose for our guests to sing at our wedding.  I had not heard of it sung at any other wedding.

One of the long term lessons I have learned is that things do happen  "In His Time". 

And that statement is not off topic.

Please resume normal programming. :D

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 09:14:27 PM »

It was sung at my wedding. Quite appropriate, with me in my wheelchair, cast or two, 1/10th the guests we had planned for, in the hospital chapel. During the entire service, managed to get one picture where the preacher, groom, and bride were all smiling at the same time.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 09:25:20 PM »

Wow, Bob - that's quite a story.  But it sounds like your vows "took" just fine!!

It was sung at my wedding. Quite appropriate, with me in my wheelchair, cast or two, 1/10th the guests we had planned for, in the hospital chapel. During the entire service, managed to get one picture where the preacher, groom, and bride were all smiling at the same time.

Emma

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 12:43:14 AM »

Your story is way more impressive than ours, Bob.  It was second time round for both of us, and a succession of events came together
and so did we.

I first heard the song about 1988 at a camp meeting in Christchurch, New Zealand, it has been round for a while.

skiguy

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 07:30:17 AM »

snoopy,
"Oh skiguy, don't pay "no nevermind" to the comments at 3abntalk!  I go look over there when I need some entertainment!!  It's a small group of dannyclones who grow increasingly angry with each new incriminating revelation about the Shelton/3ABN history.  I am thankful for your parable.  As for its timing, you bring to mind the name of a song I recall singing at a wedding years ago..."In His Time"!!"

Thank you, snoopy, :amen: to that!  I need to hear.  Lately, I have been tempted just to take it off!   You know, it is the saying, "Stone the messenger, we hate the message!"  Ha, I am getting a little too old to, keep on ducking!  And that is a great song, "In His Time!"  Bob, you being in a weelchair, cast or two on your wedding day?  Hmmm, that was not, what I would call, great timming!  :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 08:06:07 AM by skiguy »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 09:36:48 AM »

I hope you don't remove your parable, skiguy.  The way I see it, the amount of negativity one receives at the other forum is directly correlated to the truth of the message shared...no matter how unpleasant or uncomfortable it may be for some.

Thank you, snoopy, :amen: to that!  I need to hear.  Lately, I have been tempted just to take it off!   You know, it is the saying, "Stone the messenger, we hate the message!"  Ha, I am getting a little too old to, keep on ducking!  And that is a great song, "In His Time!"  Bob, you being in a weelchair, cast or two on your wedding day?  Hmmm, that was not, what I would call, great timming!  :)

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »

In His Time is one of my favorites too.  It gives great promises.

Skyguy;

3ABNTalk is great advertising!

skiguy

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 11:57:21 AM »

Skyguy;

Fran, so true.  I thank you, 3abntalk for promoting the tobeone.blog.com site!   :)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »

How very true, Fran!!  Our very own "Breezy Sam" has been catching up on her reading and finally found the invoices submitted for work performed in connection with the lawsuit that 3ABN INITIATED!!  She seems very troubled by the fact that in the legal world, professionals earn their living by submitting invoices!  I guess she thinks we should work for free!  Maybe I should become my own 501(c)(3) organization and try to get unsuspecting donors to contribute to my livelihood instead of trying to earn a living honestly.  But it is nice that Breezy Sam is willing to promote my work for me! 

:TY:

Maybe I should rethink my strategy and hire her to advertise for me instead of suing her for defamation!!

Skyguy;

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 12:30:09 PM by Snoopy »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 12:38:44 PM »

She seems very troubled by the fact that in the legal world, professionals earn their living by submitting invoices!  I guess she thinks we should work for free!  Maybe I should become my own 501(c)(3) organization and try to get unsuspecting donors to contribute to my livelihood instead of trying to earn a living honestly. 

Yes, it is interesting that 3ABN defenders not only think that the people who were sued by 3ABN should not get the most minimal compensation for their time, effort, and expenditures in defending themselves, (thinking especially of Bob Pickle, who is charging practically nothing for his time), but also represent that it is unreasonable for professionals to be paid for their work--unlike 3ABN luminaries who ask people to send them money at will.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up