Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Why, oh Why.....  (Read 34890 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Why, oh Why.....
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »

In comparison, Danny toward the end of 2007 acknowledged that things had gone awry in his personal life because of his lack of faith, and then he had the gall to criticize his listeners for a lack of faith demonstrated by their not sending in donations because of the problems they had heard about.

A lack of faith in not sending in donations, which could then get used to pay for his personal vendetta lawsuit against us, or put into his pocket in the form of kickbacks and royalties from Remnant?

Do we read anywhere in Scripture of David turning his misdeeds into fund raising pitches? How would that have demonstrated repentance?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2011, 11:13:41 AM »

So true, we agree, DAVID was anointed. However, I fail to see where him being anointed has anything to do with whether Danny was anointed or appointed by God?

Both are claimed to be annointed and appointed by God to do a task for Him.  For David, the authority is the Bible, which we believe to be true.  For Danny, at this point the authority is himself and his friends, both of whom you all have issues and believe to be the spawn of satan, so you don't beleive it.  Not saying that I agree or disagree, just stating the facts.

I still don't understand why you believe Danny was anointed or appointed except from the lips of Danny and his friends. And since he is and independent ministry and non denominational who anointed Him?

Ok so God on annoints SDA ministries?

We know from the Bible that the prophet anointed Samuel anointed David but who anointed Danny? We know that Ellen G. White had to meet the criteria of a prophet as set by the Bible in order for us to except her as sent and anointed.

So please tell me where you get any of the evidence that Danny was anointed. Unless you are using the fact that David's name starts with a D and so does Danny. (smile)

You are so funny, Christian.  This is why I like chatting with you.  Answer me this, before approximately 7 years ago and Danny's apparent mid-life crisis, did any of you have any problem with the fact that God had chosen Danny[and Linda] to establish 3ABN?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »

Answer me this, before approximately 7 years ago and Danny's apparent mid-life crisis, did any of you have any problem with the fact that God had chosen Danny[and Linda] to establish 3ABN?

In fact many church leaders and people who had been through 3ABN and knew it behind the scenes did.

childoftheking

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2011, 11:51:34 AM »

It apparantly didn't begin with Danny's midlife crisis but went back years and years to the time he claims he was annointed or appointed and even earlier than that. It is just that I for one was taking his claims at face value and believing what I saw on tv and had no reason to question them. It wasn't until he started accusing others that I wanted to find out if the accusations were true. Didn't have bias one way or the other but soon started to beleive that he was acting very suspiciously and did some investigating. Not only was very disillusioned by what I found out but soon found out that it was even worse than I feared.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »

and I believe your words in sincerity. Truth has a way of speaking.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2011, 04:03:31 PM »

The fact remains that you all had all confidence in Danny's[and Linda's] appointing and anointing by God to establish 3ABN, not only as a ministry, but a treasured and sacred SDA ministry.  It was not until you found out that Danny had "faults", that you questioned him, after 20 years.

God's anointing nor His appointment are never a mistake or wrong.  He clearly understands that He choses to deal with flawed man in His plans for the earth.  Man always has free will, even within that anointing and appointment to the cause of God.  We don't always make the right choices.  That doesn't mean that God didn't make the right choice.  i am almost positive if we all lived in the midst of David's mess, you all would also be questioning his anointing and appointment as king. 

So my final question to you all is, are you questioning God's choice based on the fact that Danny sinned.  Or God could not have chosen Danny based on the fact that his sinned?  If so, do you believe David was any less anointed and appointed by mistake.....because he sinned?  Don't like the Analogy to David. let's try Adam and Eve.  How much more chosen, appoint anointed can you get than to be created with God's own hands to begin the race of man, and the results?  How about Noah?  What a mighty task he was given, and at the end the first thing he does is plant a vineyard, make wine, get seriously drunk, and cuss out his own son.  Was that choice a mistake? 

I know some things come a bit slowly here, mainly because you all aren't really tryna' here this.  ALL of those mentioned above have two things in common.  First, they were anointed(appointed, chosen, set aside) to do a great task for God.  Secondly, they all "fell" in the course of accomplishing that task.  What you all have to decide is if you want to say that God made a mistake in His choice.  OR that God would never, ever choose anyone who would sin.  Simple question.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

childoftheking

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2011, 05:23:15 PM »

I don't think God chose Danny. I think that Danny chose to do what Danny chose to do and that since God uses anything and everything He can that any of us does - good or bad to work for the salvation of lost souls - well sure any positive things that Danny did God can use for the good of those who will ultimately be saved. So may some of the things that the roman emperors who threw Christians to the lions work for the good of the church. The blood of martyrs was the seed of the Christian religion.

Many Adventists want to convince others of the superiority of their religion. They are very comptitive. They may feel satisfaction and want the credit for their "wins". It is possible that they may be lost and be among those who question God saying " didn't we do this and didn't we do that?". God may say "I never knew you." Some of their converts may be baptized into the church unconverted. Yet some of the converts may truly converted and not just intellectually convinced. I would give the credit for this to the Holy Spirit not to Danny or to any person.

christian

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2011, 09:13:23 PM »

First, Princess you will never find where I have implied that Danny was a spawn of the Devil. Secondly, I never ever even before anything came out about Danny view him as the anointed one of God, I saw him only in the light of an Adventist Christian network, I never ever went that deep into him or Linda as it relates to David, or Samuel, Enoch, Elisha. I simply saw Danny and Linda as good people trying to spread the Gospel. It was only later that I began to think he was a spawn of Satan (just kidding) I hope that isn't true, is it?

So true, we agree, DAVID was anointed. However, I fail to see where him being anointed has anything to do with whether Danny was anointed or appointed by God?

Both are claimed to be annointed and appointed by God to do a task for Him.  For David, the authority is the Bible, which we believe to be true.  For Danny, at this point the authority is himself and his friends, both of whom you all have issues and believe to be the spawn of satan, so you don't beleive it.  Not saying that I agree or disagree, just stating the facts.

I still don't understand why you believe Danny was anointed or appointed except from the lips of Danny and his friends. And since he is and independent ministry and non denominational who anointed Him?

We know from the Bible that the prophet anointed Samuel anointed David but who anointed Danny? We know that Ellen G. White had to meet the criteria of a prophet as set by the Bible in order for us to except her as sent and anointed.

So please tell me where you get any of the evidence that Danny was anointed. Unless you are using the fact that David's name starts with a D and so does Danny. (smile)

You are so funny, Christian.  This is why I like chatting with you.  Answer me this, before approximately 7 years ago and Danny's apparent mid-life crisis, did any of you have any problem with the fact that God had chosen Danny[and Linda] to establish 3ABN?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2011, 11:40:57 PM »

LOL!!!!  Well, I said that, but it is more like personified sin.  Some are only seeing him in light of his sins.  That bothers me because I think about if god thought of us that way, and He could think of ALL of us that way.  Instead He sent His Son to die for our sins, while we were yet in our sins.  That means Danny, too.  this conversation is always a losing battle for me, but I have shope to help someone see ALL of their brothers and sisters in Christ through God's eyes.

First, Princess you will never find where I have implied that Danny was a spawn of the Devil. Secondly, I never ever even before anything came out about Danny view him as the anointed one of God, I saw him only in the light of an Adventist Christian network, I never ever went that deep into him or Linda as it relates to David, or Samuel, Enoch, Elisha. I simply saw Danny and Linda as good people trying to spread the Gospel. It was only later that I began to think he was a spawn of Satan (just kidding) I hope that isn't true, is it?

childoftheking

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2011, 04:45:00 AM »

In the end it is up to God to judge isn't it? When someone repents I figure God forgives them and frankly they do not have to repent for me to forgive what they may have done to me. But I am not going to be stupid and put temptation in their way. There is no indication that Danny has repented but even if he did considering his past history I would not allow him access to donor's money or to power within the church as it would be a temptation.

There was a time when I thought he was chosen by the Lord as a rebuke to those in power in the church because I took him at his word that he was a humble teachable person and I thought he needed encouragement. But I only looked at the outward appearance. No one claimed to have a work from the Lord on this.

Johann

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2011, 06:38:43 AM »

In principle I agree with you, PD. I have met a number of worse individuals during my life. I have tried to see them all as God sees them, and I'd like to do it in this case too. What makes this case so radically different is that the person involved here surrounds himself with people who not only ignore but defend his evil actions by attempting to transform the evil deeds into good. This is not how a loving and just God takes care of things. This is not justification by faith which is the core of a true Christian belief.

No wonder these people say bad things about you and me. May God forgive them for . . .

LOL!!!!  Well, I said that, but it is more like personified sin.  Some are only seeing him in light of his sins.  That bothers me because I think about if god thought of us that way, and He could think of ALL of us that way.  Instead He sent His Son to die for our sins, while we were yet in our sins.  That means Danny, too.  this conversation is always a losing battle for me, but I have shope to help someone see ALL of their brothers and sisters in Christ through God's eyes.

childoftheking

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2011, 11:01:31 AM »

I meant to say there was no Word from the Lord not work. Couldn't see how to modify the original post when I noticed it.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2011, 12:48:58 PM »

Agreed. Johann.  I am by no means even sugesting that bad behavior be ignored or even tolerated. Every choice has it's consequences, good or bad. That is the price of free will.  Sin carries it's own consequences more immediate than that of God's eventual judgement.  However, even in that we have to change our view, that they don't become personified sin, but a brother or sister who has sadly waundered from God.  THIS BY NO MEANS suggests that you, Linda, or anyone place themselves within Danny's line of fire while he is operating in his weakness.......hurting people hurt others.

In principle I agree with you, PD. I have met a number of worse individuals during my life. I have tried to see them all as God sees them, and I'd like to do it in this case too. What makes this case so radically different is that the person involved here surrounds himself with people who not only ignore but defend his evil actions by attempting to transform the evil deeds into good. This is not how a loving and just God takes care of things. This is not justification by faith which is the core of a true Christian belief.

No wonder these people say bad things about you and me. May God forgive them for . . .

LOL!!!!  Well, I said that, but it is more like personified sin.  Some are only seeing him in light of his sins.  That bothers me because I think about if god thought of us that way, and He could think of ALL of us that way.  Instead He sent His Son to die for our sins, while we were yet in our sins.  That means Danny, too.  this conversation is always a losing battle for me, but I have shope to help someone see ALL of their brothers and sisters in Christ through God's eyes.

christian

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2011, 11:42:17 PM »

Okay, Princess I will go there and see him in Gods eyes as I see God. I will love him I will exorte him I will plead with him out of love to repent. But, in the end if he dont repent he will burn in flames (though I will light the fire quickly as to hurt but be over quickly). there has to be a balance. I have often said if he had gotten off of 3ABN and not used it to be a prop for his sin we would not be involved. But he went so far as to defend his actions through the ministry even going as far as to marry the lady on the compound. So okay here it is DANNY WE WILL LOVE YOU BUT IF YOU DONT STOP YOU ARE GOING TO BE CRISPY FRIES OR CHARCOAL MEAT. AND YOU WILL STAND OUTSIDE THE NEW JERUSELM AND WATCH YOUR SINS AND SEE GODS MERCIES. THEN A GREAT WHITE THROWN WILL BE LIFTED UP AND FIRE AND BRIMSTONE WILL BE RAINED UPON YOU AND YOUR SINS.

LOL!!!!  Well, I said that, but it is more like personified sin.  Some are only seeing him in light of his sins.  That bothers me because I think about if god thought of us that way, and He could think of ALL of us that way.  Instead He sent His Son to die for our sins, while we were yet in our sins.  That means Danny, too.  this conversation is always a losing battle for me, but I have shope to help someone see ALL of their brothers and sisters in Christ through God's eyes.

childoftheking

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2011, 04:55:34 AM »

Folks, If you think of Jesus' life he forgave what people did to Him personally. He even prayed on the cross that His Father would forgive those who were crucifying Him.

However the people who He actually shouted at, the people who He called bad names and those whose sins He candidly pointed were those such as Herod (that old fox), the buyers and sellers in the temple and the scribes and pharisees because they used their positions within the church, their political power and their supposed sanctity to harm those they had power over, especially the poor people and those people who were not respected or were powerless. He stood up for others and was also zealous that His father and His Father's house be respected and reverenced.

He could do this because He was sinless and because He could read hearts. We cannot. But we can forgive what people do to us personally, we can stand up for others when their dignity and rights are not respected and we can speak up for God when His character is misrepresented.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up