Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN settles with Alex Walker over Tommy Shelton's pedophilia  (Read 76035 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN settles with Alex Walker over Tommy Shelton's pedophilia
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2013, 02:45:32 PM »

It looks like the mention of Danny Shelton's pedophilic tendencies has struck a nerve with the 3ABN defenders.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2013, 07:06:12 PM »

If Danny denies such allegations, will his denials be worth more than his denials of the allegations against Tommy? That's the unfortunate thing. If he had always told the truth about Tommy and not tried to cover up anything, his word would be more easily accepted about these new, but actually rather old, allegations.

People wondered if Danny stepping down from being 3ABN president was just a charade, and whether he was still very much in control. Seems like "Truth" has now given support for the idea that Danny never really relinquished control.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2013, 11:28:40 PM »

It looks like the mention of Danny Shelton's pedophilic tendencies has struck a nerve with the 3ABN defenders.
It also looks like the fact that Danny lost is also hard for them to take. he DID lose, BTW. That's why the case was settled. By the way, Alex, good job on not taking the bait. "Truth" is trying to get you to disclose the amount of your settlement.

You know, that brings up another point. If the amount of the settlement was not supposed to be discussed, how does "Truth" know how much money Alex does or does not have? Has Danny been discussing it, or perhaps "Truth" just revealed their identity? Hmmmm.....
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2013, 05:59:54 PM »

I didn't realize the amount of the settlement wasn't supposed to be discussed.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »

I didn't realize the amount of the settlement wasn't supposed to be discussed.
From what I understand, that was part of the agreement.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

horsethief

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2013, 09:34:25 PM »

As well it should. Justice is coming to Southern Illinois.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2013, 10:43:22 AM »

Darryl, you have asked the question of the century and the answer is simple enough: DLS Claims he created 3ABN "to counter-act the counterfeit"...with all the evidence that is NOW READILY AVAILABLE one must ask "WAS 3ABN the COUNTERFEIT or was it simply a masterful hypocracy?"

I am sure there have been board members, administrators, and employees over the 25 year history  that sincerely believed in it's purpose, but those of discernment have quietly left without comment and in effect perpetuating the fraud. Slowly, but surely, the evidence mounts and 3ABN must face the whirlwind of ignoring clear and un-controverted evidence that the "annointed one" was NEVER ANNOINTED, at least by the Hands of the Lord!!!

SO, WHO DID ANNOINT HIM? A simple conclusion must be considered if one believes in the Great Controversy between Good and Evil!!! And we must conclude the imposter is in our very midst!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Why would God choose/impress such a person to be the creator/founder of 2ABN?
Who knows? Either one is possible. I think that was made clear to them. Danny is keenly aware there is evidence of pedophilia against him.  Trust me I know.

So could be either one.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2013, 10:53:36 AM »

Pastor Dryden filed a complaint with the board at 3ABN that largely went un-noticed and was,  in fact, suppressed (covered up) by board members and DLS.

No-one is known to be a pedophilic victim of Pastor Dryden!!! Post all you want, it is MEANINGLESS compared to the 3ABN cover-up!!!

Let's concentrate on getting victims to have sufficient backbone, male and female, to step forward and expose the Man of Sin!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

May I go on a rant for a minute?

I LOVE how Duane and I are the only ones who are willing to publicly stand up against Glenn Dryden. Are you all aware of the part he played in this? This man deserves just as much attention as Tommy, Danny or 3ABN.

I intend to make it known to ALL, about his role in this Sega.

Duane and I PERSONALLY know Glenn Dryden and know what type of person he is. Now, his church members can come on here and say otherwise, but REMEMBER there IS proof. You can twist it and turn it all you want, but at the end of the day it is what it is!

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2013, 11:00:21 AM »

And you are absolutely correct, this is about 3ABN, not the COG. This is about pedophilia, not clergy malfeasance or malpractice. This is about Open Sin in the camp of Israel, not fallen protestantism.

And it is not a "personal" agenda, it is, in fact, a Church Agenda specific to the Seventh-day Adventist church.

You can storm and pout and take your marbles (and Lord knows you have plenty thanks to the many SDA's that built a foundation for you) and go home, but it will not change the focus of "ADVENTTALK".

Have a great life!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I am thoroughly convinced this site is focused  on one and only one objective and that is to focus on  Danny Shelton and 3ABN. Perhaps, there is some legitimacy to the claims of those who defend 3ABN. If we are going to throw fingers at people who have been involved in this situation.....why not everyone? :dunno: Why only Danny and 3ABN?  :help: :scratch:

For that reason......I will make no further comments on this site until I notice that there is a change. Glenn Dryden is simply ignored, his church is ignored, what about their role in this mess? Now, I have been very patient. Well my patience has ran out. THOMAS GLENN DRYDEN will be exposed one way or another.

I suppose it is easier to ignore certain facts and broadcast others to support certain personal agendas. 

:wave:

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »

Pastor Dryden filed a complaint with the board at 3ABN that largely went un-noticed and was,  in fact, suppressed (covered up) by board members and DLS.

No-one is known to be a pedophilic victim of Pastor Dryden!!! Post all you want, it is MEANINGLESS compared to the 3ABN cover-up!!!

Let's concentrate on getting victims to have sufficient backbone, male and female, to step forward and expose the Man of Sin!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I LOVE how Duane and I are the only ones who are willing to publicly stand up against Glenn Dryden. Are you all aware of the part he played in this? This man deserves just as much attention as Tommy, Danny or 3ABN.

Duane and I PERSONALLY know Glenn Dryden and know what type of person he is. Now, his church members can come on here and say otherwise, but REMEMBER there IS proof. You can twist it and turn it all you want, but at the end of the day it is what it is!

I'm not Seventh Day Adventist and neither is Duane. However, we was both pulled into this mess by no choice of our own. We was pulled into it due to what occured to us. Now, Glenn Dryden is not Seventh Day Adventist either. BUT.... He pulled himself into this mess! He needs to own up to what he has done.

Oh by the way, have you forgotten the statement that Glenn himself posted on here? He opened the floodgates then. He brought himself into Adventtalk discussions.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:38:35 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2013, 01:46:12 PM »

It may be meaningless to you Gailon, but it is not for us.

So Glenn Filed a complaint before or after signing Tommy's ordination license? He wasted no time sending letters out to fellow pastors about Tommy. Yet he signed his name to Tommy's certificate as long as 5 years after the first letter went out!!.So he sends letters out to churches and pastors telling them about Tommy then 5 years later he signs Tommy's certificate, and you're ok with that? lol. Well I AM NOT.

So was this supposed complaint before or after he signed Tommy's certificate? I'm willing to wager it was before.

I mean the simple fact that a majority of Tommy's victims have threw Glenn under the bus and want no part of him should tell you something! He thinks he's a hero.....huh? Well, most of us disagree.

So let me ask you Gailon. Do you think Glenn Dryden was right for signing that certificate in 2001? Do you believe we do not have the right to be outraged? Some of us trusted Glenn Dryden then to find out he did that are we to just ignore it and keep our mouth shut?

I mean, how could anyone say they agree it was right? Here is a man who was on Tommy's trail as early as 96 if not before. Then he himself in 2001 signs a certificate allowing him to continue to preach and do harm?

Then Glenn Dryden comes on "ADVENTTALK" and posted what he did on here. But, we shouldn't discuss him?

Have we forgotten what Glenn wrote? I will use quotes and address each one:

"It appears a purported victim, who by his admission was an adult when trysts took place, is attempting to deflect criticism for his lack of action – again, lack of action by his admission.  Indeed, a competent adult, had he gone to authorities, it reasonably may be presumed that a number of adolescent victims would have been spared the anguish they have endured."

Now what is he saying here? He is talking about Duane. Basically blaming Duane for the abuse of other victims. Insinuating that there was this "love affair" between Duane and Tommy. Totally ignoring the fact that Duane was a victim himself. Tottaly ridiculous. Is this acceptable? I mean it's a good statment if you're a defense attorney or Greg Simpson. However, Glenn is not a defense attorney.
Next quote:

"With respect to the Ministerial Council of the Church of God, Inc., the hearts of the ministers who make up this Ministerial Council are grieved as a consequence of the suffering each victim has endured and continues to endure.  As to Pastor Tommy Shelton’s relationship with this organization, I trust the foregoing expression of sentiment is not soured when I say we too were groomed, deceived and taken advantage of.  In the time leading up to his ordination by our organization, Pastor Shelton was not forthright with those in the Ministerial Council's leadership.  Regarding his past, he was manipulative and misleading.  By giving the impression he had been mistreated by some in Illinois, he was able to play upon the sympathy he generated toward himself.  It appears he did not withhold information that accusations of some kind had been brought against him in Illinois.  He pronounced, however, upon the fact that these allegations were reviewed by law enforcement and not pursued.  The impression left was that the allegations were motivated by jealousy and were unfounded."

What is he saying here? He's basically saying that he and the other members of the counsel was victims of Tommy, right? Well let me get this straight, aren't these GROWN men? In his previous quote he basically says that there is no way Duane could be a victim, he actually puts the Blame of Tommy on Duane. So using Glenn's logic how could he and the other members be a victim?

Next quote:

" I was serving as secretary-treasurer of the Ministerial Council when Tommy Shelton mailed me his 2001 minister's card in March of 2001.  A responsibility of the secretary-treasurer of our Ministerial Council is to periodically issue each minister a "Minister's Card" which states the minister is "in good standing with the Ministerial Council of the Church of God."  That is to say the minister is in good standing with the ministers of the organization.  Pastor Tommy Shelton had been in good standing with the ministers of the organization as of late fall of 2000 when the 2001 Minister’s Card was mailed to him."

Here he acknowledges he did in fact send out that card. He attempts to make excuses as to why he signed it. So what is he saying? Basically that because Tommy was in good standing with the other ministers he had to sign it? Excuse me why I die laughing. That's ridiculous. Gailon, people, this was 5 years after the 96 letter to Pastor Byron Wood telling them they should not hire Tommy as pastor due to sexual relationships with boys. But here in 2001 he signs it because he's in "good standing"? Well, I for one would never had signed that knowing the allegations of sexual misconduct in the past. It's not the fact Glenn didn't believe the allegations was true, because he did! Yet, he still signs it allowing Tommy to continue Pastoring. Yet, I am to be OK with this? Dennis is to be ok with this? Duane is to be ok with this? Duane is to be ok with Glenn blaming him for further cases of molestation???

I know Glenn as does Duane. I know what type of person he is. He is not what he seems. This is evidence. If anyone is OK with this I would like to know who?

But Let's continue:

This was Duane Clem's reply to Dryden's post on Adventtalk.

Re: Glenn Dryden will you resign as pastor of the Community Church of God?

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:18:33 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Not only is he not sorry for his attack on me, he has now repeated it. What a great man of God.

So, you're telling us that Tommy Shelton was in good standing with the Ministerial Committee as of 2001. Is that correct? Could you please explain, then, why you resurrected the allegations in the late 1990s while pastor of Ezra Church of God, even going so far as to issue a letter of apology to the  Church of God general offices in Illinois for past actions by the church and some of its members? I do have witnesses who will corroborate what I am saying. You've been caught in a lie, and you're attempting to cover it with another lie. You've started something that you can't control. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

By the way, your attack on me is being publicized.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Duane is asking a reasonable question here. Why was Dryden issuing letter of appology to other churches in the 90s? Why 10 years later he did he sign his name?? This question needs to be answered.

Then you have Bob's reply to Dryden's comments. Bob, understands our point.

Re: Glenn Dryden will you resign as pastor of the Community Church of God?

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pastor Glenn,

In hindsight, would it not have been better to inform the ministerial council that you could not in good conscience sign Tommy's 2001 ministerial credentials? Then, if they still wanted to issue them, someone else could have signed that card.

Was the letter of apology Duane refers to an effort on your part outside of the ministerial council to deal with the allegations against Tommy? If so, then signing that card comes across differently to me, since you then would not have been ignoring the allegations. Still, in hindsight, I think it would have been wiser not to sign that card.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See? Bob sees the point. People, this was not a simple mistake.

So please Gailon.....Tell me what part should I not discuss about him? He's innocent? So let me ask you again, you're OK with all this? If so......WOW.

Oh, by the way, how come Pastor Arnold Edmondson who was a defender of Tommy and also served as a member of the Ministerial Counsel Glenn mentions.....How come he can appologize to the victims for being wrong, but Glenn can't? Afraid he may be sued? Well, so could have Edmondson and the other members, but he has asked for repentance. Guess what? We have forgiven him. Why can't Glenn be man enough to appologize???

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:18:25 AM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

horsethief

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2013, 05:38:28 PM »

I'm convinced that 'Truth' on the other site is Danny or someone who is typing out what he dictates...

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2013, 08:52:50 PM »

Whoever "TRUTH" is, it is yet another OXYMORON just as Three Angels Broadcasting is an OXYMORON.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I'm convinced that 'Truth' on the other site is Danny or someone who is typing out what he dictates...

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2013, 09:24:32 PM »

Or, Mollie Steenson.
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2013, 12:15:06 AM »

In regards to my previous post on this thread: The quotes I used can be found under the thread: "Pastor Glenn Dryden will you resign as Pastor of the Community Church of God." I did not have time to fix them.

My hope is that the previous post does more to explain why we have issues with Dryden. Gailon, I hope you understand our position.

Alex L. Walker
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up