Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN settles with Alex Walker over Tommy Shelton's pedophilia  (Read 75992 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN settles with Alex Walker over Tommy Shelton's pedophilia
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »

I have already answered why I didn't take action. I said i didn't want it public. Dryden should have minded his own business. He didn't, and now he will suffer the cnsequences.  I have chosen not to do anything on my own behalf. That is going to have to be good enough for you. I owe you no explanation,  and you will get none.

Exactly. Who does he think he is? Duane, he wasn't a victim. He has no idea......he can run at the mouth all he wants. We know the truth.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »

There may be some misunderstandings. If one doesn't want it public, one should never report it to law enforcement, since if there is a prosecution it certainly will be public. But never reporting it to law enforcement is the kind of thing that enables perpetrators. I assume you aren't meaning not urging law enforcement to prosecute?

No, there's no misunderstanding at all. Gailon is basically accusing me of letting them "get away with it" because I haven't filed a lawsuit, or joined one. I have had it with this whole ordeal, and I just don't want to be bothered with it anymore. I don't appreciate the bullying.

Secondly, it has come to my attention that there has been some question as to how much Dryden gave us that we then published. We did obtain his letter to Walt Thompson, and I think Riva's letter to Dryden and Dryden's response to Riva, and we did get an edited version of his announcement of new allegations in Virginia. But most of what we obtained from Dunn Loring and Dryden we got via subpoena after we were sued, not before. Certain key documents that were quite incriminating we never got until we subpoenaed Dryden.

I have never questioned that. My problem is Dryden's involvement AT ALL. This whole thing is NONE of his business. Take, for instance, his "announcement of new allegations in Virginia." He has no place to be "announcing" anything. If he has information about sexual abuse allegations, his job is to report that to the authorities and help the victim if they want his help. Other than that, he is to keep his flapping jaws shut. Making announcements and sending out letters everywhere is just an attempt to insert himself into the situation. After destroying 2 churches, I guess he was trying to find something else to occupy his sorry excuse for an existence.

Those who followed our case know that we pursued subpoenaing Remnant's documents quite aggressively. If the CCoG and Dryden wanted an expensive court battle, they could have fought our subpoena. But it isn't likely that they would have won. While 3ABN fought our getting documents from Remnant, the auditor, Danny's bank, and 3ABN and Danny themselves, they didn't bother fighting our getting documents from the CCoG or from Dryden.
That's fine, but I don't see what that has to do with what I said.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2013, 06:28:31 AM »

The problem is, there is nothing new here!!! More of the same old, same old!!! Someday consider where pro-active process got Mr. Walker versus your inaction!!! And you have similar complaint with similar situs. Think long and hard on this while you ply the roads of America!!! And then hire a bloody lawyer!!!

And by the way, it is you and Alex that raised the Dryden Issue. What Dryden did or did not do is nowhere near what Tommy Ray and Danny Lee allowed to go on for over forty years. At best, Dryden was just one of MANY ENABLERS. You have particular hatred for the former "pastor" who at least made some attempt to deal with the issue. In the geo-politics of churches it does not surprise me that administrators in various capacities grant various credentials when they should no do so. Like it or not, it is a living breathing example of Laodicea at work!!! But be careful and when pointing the finger consider the image in your mirror and what decisions you made that "enabled"!!!

And if that is "bullying", so be it!!! The truth cannot be ignored, like it or not!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I have already answered why I didn't take action. I said i didn't want it public. Dryden should have minded his own business. He didn't, and now he will suffer the cnsequences.  I have chosen not to do anything on my own behalf. That is going to have to be good enough for you. I owe you no explanation,  and you will get none.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:40:22 AM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2013, 02:45:14 PM »

Hire a lawyer? Are you threatening me, Gailon? If so, it's not working. I'm NOT afraid of you or the liar, meddler and failed pastor Glenn Dryden. You forget, I sat under his alleged "pastorate" for years. I know him. You don't.

You're right. I DID raise the Dryden issue. He wanted publicity so he got it. Again, his responsibility was to go to law enforcement and then shut his mouth. He didn't, because he wanted to be a hero. To be honest, he seems to have a sick obsession with getting the details.

So, if you want to sue me, you go right ahead. I'm not one bit afraid of either of you. Sorry.
Duane Clem

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »

I'm not afraid of being sued either. They won't win....Everything that has been posted has been truthful and CAN be backed up. So sue me!!! .Like you have said many times before Gailon.......MAKE MY DAY!
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »

Hire a lawyer? Are you threatening me, Gailon? If so, it's not working. I'm NOT afraid of you or the liar, meddler and failed pastor Glenn Dryden. You forget, I sat under his alleged "pastorate" for years. I know him. You don't.

You're right. I DID raise the Dryden issue. He wanted publicity so he got it. Again, his responsibility was to go to law enforcement and then shut his mouth. He didn't, because he wanted to be a hero. To be honest, he seems to have a sick obsession with getting the details.

So, if you want to sue me, you go right ahead. I'm not one bit afraid of either of you. Sorry.

I know a few good lawyers. lol
Alex L. Walker

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2013, 08:44:47 PM »

There may be some misunderstandings. If one doesn't want it public, one should never report it to law enforcement, since if there is a prosecution it certainly will be public. But never reporting it to law enforcement is the kind of thing that enables perpetrators. I assume you aren't meaning not urging law enforcement to prosecute?

No, there's no misunderstanding at all. Gailon is basically accusing me of letting them "get away with it" because I haven't filed a lawsuit, or joined one. I have had it with this whole ordeal, and I just don't want to be bothered with it anymore. I don't appreciate the bullying.

That's good that you haven't misunderstood. But someone somewhere has and thought that Dryden had given us a particular document which we then published.

Secondly, it has come to my attention that there has been some question as to how much Dryden gave us that we then published. We did obtain his letter to Walt Thompson, and I think Riva's letter to Dryden and Dryden's response to Riva, and we did get an edited version of his announcement of new allegations in Virginia. But most of what we obtained from Dunn Loring and Dryden we got via subpoena after we were sued, not before. Certain key documents that were quite incriminating we never got until we subpoenaed Dryden.

I have never questioned that. My problem is Dryden's involvement AT ALL. This whole thing is NONE of his business. Take, for instance, his "announcement of new allegations in Virginia." He has no place to be "announcing" anything. If he has information about sexual abuse allegations, his job is to report that to the authorities and help the victim if they want his help. Other than that, he is to keep his flapping jaws shut. Making announcements and sending out letters everywhere is just an attempt to insert himself into the situation. After destroying 2 churches, I guess he was trying to find something else to occupy his sorry excuse for an existence.

His Nov. 19, 2006 "announcement" was originally to the CCoG board of trustees. If he had never told his board that, I would think he was remiss in his pastoral duties, and could rightly be accused of being involved in a coverup. Whether he should have passed on an edited version to us would be a different question.

Those who followed our case know that we pursued subpoenaing Remnant's documents quite aggressively. If the CCoG and Dryden wanted an expensive court battle, they could have fought our subpoena. But it isn't likely that they would have won. While 3ABN fought our getting documents from Remnant, the auditor, Danny's bank, and 3ABN and Danny themselves, they didn't bother fighting our getting documents from the CCoG or from Dryden.

It has more to do with someone else's misunderstanding which I referred to above. Dryden had to turn over the documents that he hadn't given us before.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2013, 08:48:19 PM »

He didn't threaten you at all. Read again what he wrote:

Someday consider where pro-active process got Mr. Walker versus your inaction!!! And you have similar complaint with similar situs. Think long and hard on this while you ply the roads of America!!! And then hire a bloody lawyer!!!

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »

Well, it sure sounds like a threat to me. I don't need a lawyer. I have done nothing wrong. I'm tired of being faulted because I don't want to file or join any kind of civil action. If others have chosen to, that's their choice and I fully support them in that. However, it's also my choice if I choose not to. I don't need to be constantly berated about my "inaction." If Dryden had kept his mouth shut, no one would have even known about my past. Believe me, I know several things on him that he doesn't want public. The difference is, I'm not going to broadcast them under the guise of "just trying to help."
Duane Clem

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2013, 11:34:53 AM »

That's good that you haven't misunderstood. But someone somewhere has and thought that Dryden had given us a particular document which we then published.

His Nov. 19, 2006 "announcement" was originally to the CCoG board of trustees. If he had never told his board that, I would think he was remiss in his pastoral duties, and could rightly be accused of being involved in a coverup. Whether he should have passed on an edited version to us would be a different question.

It has more to do with someone else's misunderstanding which I referred to above. Dryden had to turn over the documents that he hadn't given us before.

No, he should not have passed it on to you! He should have passed it on to authorities not you. And after he did that he should have kept his big mouth shut.
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »

I also had to send Dryden an email recently telling him to shut up. I received a call from a former CCOG member telling me Dryden was still being a busybody and telling things about me that was none of his business. Of course, the coward didn't respond. I don't see how a man who has taken 2 thriving congregations and literally destroyed them credible anyway. But, maybe if he preached out of the Bible and not books hes read he may have had more success.
Alex L. Walker

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »

THAT IS A MATTER OF OPINION!!!

As to your earth shattering revelations for Pastor Dryden, we all understand that seven figure settlements can add greatly to ones WISDOM and make one as "ALL POWERFULL" as the wizard of Oz...but then, the Dryden Revelations best be earth shattering...or is it "much ado about nuttin"???

We eagerly await your astute wisdom and revelation!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I know a few good lawyers. lol
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:28:50 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

horsethief

« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2013, 05:33:49 PM »

Let's not lose sight of what is important here and what concerns those of us who are SDA. The Dryden situation has got to be a matter that is handled by the Church of God. If he needs to be exposed, then fine. But this is not the place because this sight deals with matters involving the SDA church.

Alex, this isn't meant to discourage you. You're help is still needed.

Our quest is to make our church aware, and free of the deceit that continues to be put upon them by Danny Shelton and 3abn. We cannot lose sight of that. We need to be united in our efforts.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:58:10 PM by horsethief »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »

That is an INCREDIBLE allegation and one which is most certainly is disputable. It would seem that we have lost sight of damage done by Tommy Lee Shelton and that Dryden became the "clean-up" pastor after both churches were immersed in controversy, scandal and maladministration.

I do not believe even your learned knowledge is in any position to support this outrageous allegation!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I also had to send Dryden an email recently telling him to shut up. I received a call from a former CCOG member telling me Dryden was still being a busybody and telling things about me that was none of his business. Of course, the coward didn't respond. I don't see how a man who has taken 2 thriving congregations and literally destroyed them credible anyway. But, maybe if he preached out of the Bible and not books hes read he may have had more success.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2013, 05:45:45 AM »

No, he should not have passed it on to you! He should have passed it on to authorities not you. And after he did that he should have kept his big mouth shut.
[/quote]

I'm interested in knowing just how far you think Dryden should have pursued such a refusal to respond to a subpoena issued by the clerk of a federal court. (A federal court clerk certainly sounds like an authority to me.) How many thousands in legal fees should he have been willing to spend? What sorts of penalties should he have been willing to shoulder if the judge had found him in contempt of court for refusing to obey a lawful subpoena?

Your attorney subpoenaed me. Should I have refused to respond, telling him that since he wasn't a policeman I wasn't going to give him anything, because it was none of his business? That he wasn't an "authority" even though federal law considers the attorneys on the case to be "officers of the court"?

And if every one of your witnesses pursued the same course, telling you and your attorneys that it was none of your business, that they would only speak with law enforcement, would you have ever been able to settle your case, and if so, for how much?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up