Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeff Anderson prototype clergy abuse/RICO complaint  (Read 3853 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Jeff Anderson prototype clergy abuse/RICO complaint
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:06:17 PM »

The attached may be the type of complaint that Jeff Anderson will file against 3ABN, Walt Thompson, Danny Shelton, and whoever else is in his sights. Take a look and see what you think.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Jeff Anderson prototype clergy abuse/RICO complaint
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 04:53:07 PM »

Seems like nobody is replying in this thread, except for me, as I am wondering why nothing is being said here.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:18:33 PM »

Patience, my Canadian Friend, the real McCoy will liven things up!!!

Have to post it count by count!!! Too long for the 50000 character post limit.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:37:38 PM »

How about a synopsis?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 09:13:29 AM »

How about a synopsis?

Augustine of Hippo who succeeded St.Paul as a founding theologian of the Catholic Church formed the doctrine of original sin to justify two things the Church had already introduced for which there was no clarification in Scripture:

1. Infant baptism
2. Celibacy of the priests, monks, and nuns.

When I read through a number of Augustine's sermons it became clear to me that Augustine redefined the definition of "sin" as being primarily the act of conceiving a child. This was how sin then was transmitted from parents to child and was defined "original sin".

The original sin had to be washed away as soon as possible through the water of baptism. In order not to fall back into sin it was important that the person remained single as long as life lasted. This was the reason the priest could not marry. In order to keep up the population it was necessary for the common people to commit the sin so it was essential to have many monks and nuns who also lived so far from sinning that some of their piety could be transmitted to the sinners.

Augustine clearly admonished the common people to perform the act of sinning without enjoyment to make the sin less grievous, and I suppose not as costly.

Although Augustine became so important to the Church that no theologian during the Middle Ages would write an article about religion which did not include 75% quotations from the writings of Augustine, the real issue was never resolved.

This is why the Church today has to pay for the sins of their priests by the hundreds of millions of dollars. Does the proclamation of the Advent message on TV provide a better solution to the viewers or their own producers?

Pages: [1]   Go Up