Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: new subpoena news???  (Read 53240 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: new subpoena news???
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 07:53:34 PM »

That is absolutely ludicrous.

Why would I say this? Well there aren't even any alleged children who have been molested at 3ABN... or while TS was working there... or even within the SDA Church, nor is TS even a member of the SDA Church and subject to investigation or discipline by our Church.

[Incidents at 3ABN with male employees would be SEXUAL HARRASSMENT not pedophilia, and if the President was made aware and failed to take corrective actions, then the corporation has clear accountability ]

Pickle and Joy have allegedly gathered the info and the facts, but have they taken them to the police or the Prosecutor? Have they encouraged the "alleged" victims to proceed with any kind of action?

[Joy and Pickle are journalists...not criminal investigators...nor were we directors of 3ABN...nor were we officers of 3ABN...these are the people responsible to oversee what went on at 3ABN and miserably failed...and it is out responsibility to report findings, findings you clearly do not like but must face sooner or later ]

Truth is Tommy Shelton is a member of the Church of God, the allegations were brought up there, and investigated there and by the police over 20 years ago.  As far as I know regarding any new allegations goes (and I don't count old accusations being brought back up as new allegations like Pickle does) , well last I heard Dryden, the one who brought all this up, and Pastor of the Church of God, (who would have the right to act in this matter,)   still hadn't even told his Church board who any victims even were.. so even they could not act, and nor could TS explain or defend himself with any specifics.  And last I heard the DA knew about all this junk and said there was nothing to act on...

[1) The legal authorities did receive a complaint, as did the police in many of the priest complaints and did nothing without rock solid evidence... but does not mean there was nothing there, anymore than Simpson beating the wrap made him innocent. And by the way, we are told that it was Danny's direct intercession with his friends in the Sheriff and police departments that is reportedly a big reason no chargs were filed. Remember, the criminal test is always a steeper hill to climb than a civil action (beyond a reasonable doubt versus a preponderonce of the evidence)

And by the way...the pastor did identify to his directorate some of the victims in Virginia and we had to advise them of at least one other (yes, Ian, we have a written ststement regarding incidents in Virginia).
]

When it was brought to the attention of the 3ABN board, their Chairman investigated and found nothing to act on, and told Pickle that, but that wasn't good enough for Pickle...

[Wrong again...the Chairman DID NOT INVESTIGATE and if he had, Tommy would not have replaced Linda Sue Shelton...I would hope???]

Them's the known facts people.

[Them's the spin...the facts are that several victims have made clear and concise allegations and cannot be ignored, regardless of the blinders...they are real victims and real allegations and should not be ignored but INVESTIGATED to avoid further liability...but such has never been the case at 3ABN until recently...and Tommy's own Church found the allegations not only worthy of INVESTIGATION but had a clear basis for their action to defrock Tommy...something a Seventh-day Adventist supporting Ministry simply ignored and hoped the entire issue would GO AWAY...but it did not and it will not!!!

If Pickle and Joy know something they haven't told, if the Pastor of the COG, Glenn Dryden does, and they aren't doing anything about it, or trying to help any 'alleged" victims, then they are the ones covering up and hiding things, and they are the guilty ones. And if they do not have allegations with substance which can be verified by identified victims accounts and such, then they have done a terrible wrong to not only DS and 3ABN, but to Tommy Shelton himself who has been maligned and vilified and not able to address or answer any specific accuser or evidence... as it's all just done in the dark and from the shadowns anonymously.

That is terrible.

[Tommy has had every chance to respond...AND HUNG UP...but did choose to have his attorney write intimidating letters and did write an open letter that is far from convincing and fails to be supported by the evidence...and did also joinder in the original case that is part of this action but got cut...wonder if Tommy got a clean bill of health from the 3ABN lawyers???

Again, we are journalists...we are not prosecutors...but, let me assure you that when the time is right the victims can pursue their claims...in the interim the statute of limitation tolls away waiting for just the right moment.
]

That's why I get so sick of the way Mr Pickle keeps bringing this up and finding fault with others. He and Joy took it on themselves when they decided to investigate, now they are accountable.

[Accountable for what, reporting the facts that we have been presented with? Again, we investigate and report the findings, unless they prove that the reports were seriously erroneous and maliciously so, then the preponderence of the evidence will leave the wrong people holding the jury verdict bag. So, you will get a lot sicker before this is over, particularly as you sit and see the evidence. Again, keep very good notes. I will provide the emisis basin ]

Gailon Arthur Joy

NOTE:  Edited by Snoopy to separate quotes from responses
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:07:00 PM by Snoopy »

Sam

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2008, 12:00:52 AM »

I think so.  I've thought of doing a mailing...

Well, you can if you want but tons of people in the churches, conferences and GC have heard all about the lawsuit and most are in complete agreement after becoming aware of what has been written and alleged.

SAM, do you have a reference to this poll? It is critical to our defense. You see, 3ABN claims they have been damaged and if that can be proven not to be the case...then 3ABN has no case...but then,
does that mean the dog has been chasing his own tail?

And how about all those legal fees for nothing?

Hey, Bob, did you get that...SAM is now a key witness...wonder if he qualifies as an expert?

Gailon Arthur Joy

The "other" spin master speaks again. Please provide some sort of explanation of how you could tie the fact that a lot of people would sue you, as 3abn did, with your statement that 3abn wasn't hurt?  Let me explain.  These are 2 different subject matters and have no correlation whatsoever. So, spin away, but it's not workin.

Oh speaking of working, how exactly are you living these days?  According to your public bankruptcy, you have no money and you haven't had a "real" job in quite sometime so how are you feeding your family and keeping a roof over your head?  This may or may not apply here but the Word says a man who won't work and take care of his family is worse than an infadel.  I bet that applies even when a person claims they are so busy fighting for the "cause of God" they don't have time to work.  Normally your financial state would be nobody's business but since you are trying to make a name for yourself by nosing into everyone else's business I think it only fair you account for your mode of living since you are supposed to be the priest of your household.

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2008, 12:36:26 AM »

Oh speaking of working, how exactly are you living these days?  According to your public bankruptcy, you have no money and you haven't had a "real" job in quite sometime so how are you feeding your family and keeping a roof over your head?  This may or may not apply here but the Word says a man who won't work and take care of his family is worse than an infadel.  I bet that applies even when a person claims they are so busy fighting for the "cause of God" they don't have time to work.  Normally your financial state would be nobody's business but since you are trying to make a name for yourself by nosing into everyone else's business I think it only fair you account for your mode of living since you are supposed to be the priest of your household.

A loving and loveable Christian are you Sam?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2008, 05:01:19 AM »

The "other" spin master speaks again. Please provide some sort of explanation of how you could tie the fact that a lot of people would sue you, as 3abn did, with your statement that 3abn wasn't hurt?  Let me explain.  These are 2 different subject matters and have no correlation whatsoever. So, spin away, but it's not workin.

Sam, he wasn't spinning. He was simply basing what he said on what you said:

Well, you can if you want but tons of people in the churches, conferences and GC have heard all about the lawsuit and most are in complete agreement after becoming aware of what has been written and alleged.

So according to you, if all these people are in complete agreement with Danny Shelton and 3ABN's actions as you claim, which I would think is about akin to declaring the Adventist Church to be in apostasy, and so I don't believe it, if all these people are in complete agreement, then 3ABN and Danny Shelton's reputations are not hurt and they are not damaged.

You can't have it both ways. Either they are damaged or not. If they are damaged, then they believe things are awry. If they aren't damaged, then they believe things are not awry.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2008, 11:24:11 AM »

Oh speaking of working, how exactly are you living these days?  According to your public bankruptcy, you have no money and you haven't had a "real" job in quite sometime so how are you feeding your family and keeping a roof over your head?  This may or may not apply here but the Word says a man who won't work and take care of his family is worse than an infidel.  I bet that applies even when a person claims they are so busy fighting for the "cause of God" they don't have time to work.  Normally your financial state would be no body's business but since you are trying to make a name for yourself by nosing into everyone else's business I think it only fair you account for your mode of living since you are supposed to be the priest of your household.

Sam;

I don't know Gailon or Bob personally as friends; therefore I know nothing about the finances of either one.  However, I do know that they are spending their time trying to fight the suit brought against them by Danny Shelton and 3ABN.   They started hunting and they are still to this day finding new information.

They were forced to do this to prove that they were not the cause of the beginning of reduced income for 3ABN.  I have seen the 90's and find that income was affected long before Gailon and Bob were ever heard of. 

There is another way to see this situation.  IF indeed, Gailon has no income.  Could it be he has no time to work because he is "David against Goliath ( Danny Shelton and 3ABN)?"  They have been forced to defend themselves against false accusations.  It is fact that 3ABN's income began a downfall way before anyone ever heard of Gailon or Bob.  3ABN and Danny Shelton will have to compensate all of the losses pushed on Gailon and Bob when this is over.  In my perception, I see this as a great loss to 3ABN.  Could it be that the lawsuit is actually hurting 3ABN? 

I am still trying to figure out why 3ABN sued the Property Tax Lawsuit against IL!  That was 3ABN's downfall!  The findings of that Lawsuit  caused serious losses to income at 3ABN.   The audit of 3ABN was so revealing!  All the lawsuit did was cause anyone reading it to pause and reconsider giving to 3ABN.  I believe that this was the pivotal point in the history of 3ABN.

They lost the suit they filed against IL.  What were the legal fees for that lawsuit?  The findings of the Judge Rowe were harsh and unkind.  3ABN's lawyers thought they had an open and shut case.  I believe it was the making statements that did not match someone else's testimony.  The inconsistencies in sworn testimony, and the choice to not provide what was asked for during the audit, caused the great loss to 3ABN.  They had to pay the lawyers for the loss.  Then 3ABN poured good money after bad to fight the first findings of round one.  Again there is a loss!  More attorney fees had to be paid, and now all those taxes that had not been paid since the lawsuit began, have to be paid.

We now have another lawsuit against Bob and Gailon, filed by Danny Shelton's and 3ABN.  They are suing their Christian brothers for something they had nothing to do with at all.  It was the Property Tax Lawsuit that cause this mess to begin.

Then there was the divorce without Biblical ground. Then in July, maybe a month after the divorce, Danny's current wife appears on the scene.  Just like clockwork.  The Internet discussions started in 2004.  Could this be another cause for donors to be leaving rather quickly?  Could this be the true cause in income dropping? 

Also, reading the IRS Form 990's for 3ABN shows a completely different story. 

Now, Sam, help me understand why 3ABN/Danny Shelton filed the suit in the first place?  Could it have been the information on the then website http://www.save3abn.com was revealing too much information supporting Bob and Gailon?  Was the suite filed to get rid of the website? 

In any business, the person that has the greatest interest in the finances, will do several cost/benefit analyses of certain aspects of the business.  Many businesses merge and both are controlled by the buyer.  Before the purchase, they run a very serious cost/benefit analysis.  They are careful not to purchase a looser UNLESS they have a very high confidence they can turn the company around,  It must become a superior income entity so there will be a synergy between the two business.  However, there are times the entity is purchased, but the cost/benefit analysis was calculated on erroneous information!  They have made a mistake!  They find the new company that was added has become seriously dipping into the cash reserves.  The company is a looser, but the owner decided to get the company out of the loosing streak.  Many dollars are spend in support.  The buyer will try to find out exactly what the cause of the downfall is.  Then they must stop the hole in the dyke!  The cash draining must stop at a certain point.

When, or how long will the financier allow the block to remain causing further damage.  It is an act of last resort, but when a financier sees that things will not happen, they realize that the cash drainer as a purchase was a total loss.  They will then pull out and let the business sink or swim!   Then, again, they may be forced to continue throwing good money after bad because they are being blackmailed.  That has happened before.

So Sam, If you look closely you will see that Gailon and Joy had nothing to do with the reason 3ABN has been loosing cash, when, in fact, they had financial GAIN since Gailon and Joy came into the scene.

Thank you for your comments.  If, in truth, Gailon has no income, should 3ABN let Bob and Gailon alone so they CAN take care of their families?  What would Jesus do?

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2008, 01:03:10 PM »

That is absolutely ludicrous.

Why would I say this? Well there aren't even any alleged children who have been molested at 3ABN... or while TS was working there... or even within the SDA Church, nor is TS even a member of the SDA Church and subject to investigation or discipline by our Church.

[Incidents at 3ABN with male employees would be SEXUAL HARRASSMENT not pedophilia, and if the President was made aware and failed to take corrective actions, then the corporation has clear accountability ]

You mean "one former male employee" claimed that?

One male employee who's wife said that was false, one who's children aren't allowed to be alone with him, and are not even supported by him? ( But don't accept hearsay, whether from me or your "source"!  Go to the court and get the records for yourself Gailon! prove all things!) and one who was himself fired from 3ABN? You really ought to examine the source of this claim and his reliability and whether he is quilty of the things another has been accused of b4 you take up his cause and trumpet his accusations to the world as fact. And you really ought to know if it was reported, and what he did and said when confronted with his story. before you put your reputation, and credibility on the line with this. Because I'm quite sure if you and Pickle get your way and all this is brought up in court, all of what I referred to is going to be documented to rebut your claims...

But, thank you for clearing up one issue here, "it's not pedophilia" So we can all put that to rest once and for all.

I already knew there was no child molestation or even allegations of child molestation, except from your little group.  And there's a big problem here Gailon. For your Partner, Pickle and so many others have been consistantly claiming children were molested, and that there are allegations of child abuse,  ie; pedophilia and that DS and 3ABN  covered up allegations of child molestation, and clearly 3ABN should have instituted precautions to protect children and since they didn't they endangered children. etc etc etc...

And "child molestation" and Pedophilia, is what your website, and Adventist Today, and the forums via your partner Pickle has reported to the world. And so many posters and readers have believed it and repeated it, especially those who jumped on the bandwagon  because they have a history of being abused or molested, and are concerned about those issues. So they in turn have attacked and maligned all who tried to speak up and say this wasn't true, and accused us of protecting a child molestor and not caring about the children who were molested, when there is in fact no children who were molested, and no child molestor.

2 b continued...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:07:49 PM by Ian »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »

Ian, do you also believe that the Holocaust didn't happen?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2008, 01:57:27 PM »

Ian has trouble keeping her facts straight. So Gailon refers to complaints by one former employee, and Ian appears to take that to mean that Roger Clem and the sons of Moms in Pain #1 and #2 never existed.

Ian, the son of Mom in Pain #1 personally told me that he thought he was 8 at the time. Would that classify as an allegation of child molestation?

If you have court documents stating a fellow can't be alone with his kids, then post them.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »

So they in turn have attacked and maligned all who tried to speak up and say this wasn't true, and accused us of protecting a child molestor and not caring about the children who were molested, when there is in fact no children who were molested, and no child molestor.

How can you say that, Ian?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Cindy

• Veteran Member
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good"
    • 3A Talk Forum
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2008, 02:43:26 PM »

Ian:
Pickle and Joy have allegedly gathered the info and the facts, but have they taken them to the police or the Prosecutor? Have they encouraged the "alleged" victims to proceed with any kind of action?

Gailon Joy:
Joy and Pickle are journalists...

Ian:
Only if you each keep a diary or a journal, for you certainly don't write for any magazines or newspapers...

Gailon Joy:
not criminal investigators...

Ian:
hmmm...

You are aware that your partner Pickle admitted to doing a interview with Adventist Today regarding these very allegations and that they published that, and then you also published the following on your website?

Adventist Investigators

Much of the pressure that Tommy Shelton now faces has come from the efforts of a small, informal network of Seventh-day Adventist individuals. Many in the group categorize themselves as conservative Adventists, a constituency 3ABN has long relied on for key support. For the past five months, this unpaid volunteer group has investigated a number of allegations against Danny Shelton and 3ABN. Some they have found to be true, while others have proved to be false. Doing their work primarily via telephone and e-mail, the group has interviewed dozens of people who have had connections with 3ABN and the Shelton family over the last 20 years.

Two members of the network—Gailon Arthur Joy, a loan officer trainer from Sterling, Massachusetts, and Bob Pickle, a webmaster and Adventist apologist from Halstad, Minnesota—have posted the findings of their investigation on the Internet.... Joy has registered a website at www.save3abn.com that contains documents and statements from various sources involved in the group's investigation of Tommy Shelton. As of press time, the site had received more than 1,900 hits.

Gailon Joy:
nor were we directors of 3ABN...nor were we officers of 3ABN...these are the people responsible to oversee what went on at 3ABN and miserably failed...and it is out responsibility to report findings, findings you clearly do not like but must face sooner or later

Ian:
No these are claims you must face and prove in court Gailon...

Ian:
Truth is Tommy Shelton is a member of the Church of God, the allegations were brought up there, and investigated there and by the police over 20 years ago.  As far as I know regarding any new allegations goes (and I don't count old accusations being brought back up as new allegations like Pickle does) , well last I heard Dryden, the one who brought all this up, and Pastor of the Church of God, (who would have the right to act in this matter,)   still hadn't even told his Church board who any victims even were.. so even they could not act, and nor could TS explain or defend himself with any specifics.  And last I heard the DA knew about all this junk and said there was nothing to act on...

Gailon Joy:
 The legal authorities did receive a complaint... And by the way, we are told that it was Danny's direct intercession with his friends in the Sheriff and police departments that is reportedly a big reason no chargs were filed....

Ian:
That says it all again, You were told...
Reminds me of that old song "Heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend..."

Who was Danny back then that he could influence a whole Sheriff's and Police department to void their conscience and do wrong?  He was a carpenter, Gailon.

Has it ever occured to you that your constant reliance on suspicions, surmisings, and questionable hearsay, and your constant claims that any time, and actually everytime, anyone , (no matter who they are, whether that be conference officials, publishers, other ministries, board members, ASI, 3abn employees, police, etc. etc etc..) supports or backs up anything 3ABN says in contradiction of that hearsay/slander or your opinions and judgments based on such, that they are liars, crooked or have some thing wrong with them, and only you have the real facts and truth (despite not being a witness, or involved, and not having the information that they have)  are a bit hard for rational thinking people to accept?

Gailon Joy:
And by the way...the pastor did identify to his directorate some of the victims in Virginia and we had to advise them of at least one other (yes, Ian, we have a written ststement regarding incidents in Virginia).

Ian:
  I do hope that's not a written statement from Pastor Glenn Dryden of the Church of God.

Duane Clem:
"Your "informant", Glenn Dryden, is not a credible source of information. He also made some hideous accusations against me a few years back. They were for the same reason as the ones he is leveling against Tommy Shelton: JEALOUSY. Glenn Dryden is a spiteful, vindictive backstabber when someone crosses him. He has done this with numerous people over the past several years, and took the Ezra Church of God down nearly to the point of closure. I had to threaten him with legal action myself to get him to shut his mouth."

To:  Glenn Dryden
Date:   Sat, 30 Dec 2006 06:44:54 +0000

Let this serve as a warning. If you mention my name in any of the letters and emails you're sending to anyone in your latest attack on Tommy Shelton, you WILL regret it.

Duane Clem

Ian:
In light of Joy's new claims here, I'm writing to the church of God in Dunn Loring, Virginia again, and will get back to this forum when and if I hear anything.

Ian:
When it was brought to the attention of the 3ABN board, their Chairman investigated and found nothing to act on, and told Pickle that, but that wasn't good enough for Pickle...

Gailon Joy:
Wrong again...the Chairman DID NOT INVESTIGATE...

Ian:
YES, he most certainly did.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Possible way to win 3ABN critics.
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:04:53 -0600

Dear Bob,

Thank you for you attempt to understand my sensitivity and that of 3abn administratin and board. We believe we have acted responsibly and wisely, appropriate to the circumstances. While one can always be criticized after the fact and without all of the evidence then available for consideration, often those same critics would have made similar judgments had they been there.

As I recall the events of 2003, I received a call from Brad Thorp from the General Conference telling me of Pastor Dryden's accusations. Brad appropriately told me that it was not his concern, and that it was ours to handle. As I recall, I contacted pastor Dryden and heard his side of the story following which I received the letter that is circulating. I was at 3abn at the time and spoke at length with Danny about the matter. He shared with me the details as he understood them. Whether or not I was aware of what generated the letter at that time, I do not remember. Based upon my understanding that Dryden had had a long standing feud with Tommy over factors unrelated to the above accusations, it did not seem indicated to approach the boys in question directly, having been informed that no case had ever been filed with the courts or legal disposition made. We then discussed the situation with the full board. Given the alleged events had occured many years before, attempts had been made to make things right, and no legal action had been taken, we did not see any reason to pursue the issue further nor to follow through with his recommendations. In my reply to pastor Dryden I merely thanked him for fulfilling his obligation to us. (I will make this one further comment. Whereas there are many accusations on the Internet alledging that Danny cannot be trusted, I disagree. I have known Danny now since the beginning of the ministry. Now more than 23 years. I have been fully appraised of many of the difficulties that he has faced during that time. While Danny sees things from his perspective, as we all do, he is honest and trustworthy. I have found no reason to distrust his reports to me. Yes, there are occasions when after having spoken with both sides of an issue it has been a matter of he said vs she said, but in all situations where I could know the facts, Danny has proven true.)

Subsequently, after this issue has been brought back to the forefront (I think there is only one person who could have known about this and brought it to world wide attentionm, and that person was then on the board and voted with the concensus) I contacted the only person from the Chruch of God that I could find that knew about the situation, and who had been present and witness to the events. (Accept for pastor Dryden's personal accounts, there are apparently no other records of the allegations) The picture that was painted by that leader of the Church was exactly as portrayed earlier by Danny. Dryden was jealous of Tommy and was out to get him - a jealousy that has continued to the present. I was again informed that the DA knew about the allegations and not finding a basis, refused to act against Tommy. I have been informed that the Church of God is a congregational type or organization with different jurisdictions in different states and that there was no higher authority that I could speak with to resolve the issue further. It was not entirely clear to me how that worked. I was also told that one leader pestered Tommy over and over again until Tommy voluntarily gave up his ministerial license. These are the facts as I have been able to sort them out.

I will not comment regarding ****** except to say that good people sometimes see things from differing perspectives. We ******. We continue to have communication with ****** and consider ****** a friend of 3ABN.

Since you have not described the other allegations against Danny, I am unable to know what you are referring and therefore unable to comment on them.

I hope this is helpful to you.

I would like to request that you not circulate this letter, but that you merely summarize and varify its contents.

Sincerely,

Walt

And even Duane Clem backed him up:
I will say that I agree with what the unnamed individual from the Church of God reportedly told Dr. Thompson, but it was NOT me, and I can honestly say I have no idea who it was. That's one issue you can finally put to rest.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 03:21:48 PM by Ian »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2008, 03:06:10 PM »

OK.  I had a hard time following this post, but are you saying that you plan to write to the Church of God in Dunn Loring, Virginia??

For crying out loud -  leave those poor people alone!!  They have suffered enough over this mess!!!

Gailon/Bob - would such an action qualify as witness tampering??

Ian:
In light of Joy's new claims here, I'm writing to the church of God in Dunn Loring, Virginia again, and will get back to this forum when and if I hear anything.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:51:53 PM by Snoopy »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2008, 06:06:15 PM »

Ian:
YES, he most certainly did.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Possible way to win 3ABN critics.
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:04:53 -0600

Dear Bob,

Thank you for you attempt to understand my sensitivity and that of 3abn administratin and board. We believe we have acted responsibly and wisely, appropriate to the circumstances. While one can always be criticized after the fact and without all of the evidence then available for consideration, often those same critics would have made similar judgments had they been there.

As I recall the events of 2003, I received a call from Brad Thorp from the General Conference telling me of Pastor Dryden's accusations. Brad appropriately told me that it was not his concern, and that it was ours to handle. As I recall, I contacted pastor Dryden and heard his side of the story following which I received the letter that is circulating. I was at 3abn at the time and spoke at length with Danny about the matter. He shared with me the details as he understood them. Whether or not I was aware of what generated the letter at that time, I do not remember. Based upon my understanding that Dryden had had a long standing feud with Tommy over factors unrelated to the above accusations, it did not seem indicated to approach the boys in question directly, having been informed that no case had ever been filed with the courts or legal disposition made. We then discussed the situation with the full board. Given the alleged events had occured many years before, attempts had been made to make things right, and no legal action had been taken, we did not see any reason to pursue the issue further nor to follow through with his recommendations. In my reply to pastor Dryden I merely thanked him for fulfilling his obligation to us. (I will make this one further comment. Whereas there are many accusations on the Internet alledging that Danny cannot be trusted, I disagree. I have known Danny now since the beginning of the ministry. Now more than 23 years. I have been fully appraised of many of the difficulties that he has faced during that time. While Danny sees things from his perspective, as we all do, he is honest and trustworthy. I have found no reason to distrust his reports to me. Yes, there are occasions when after having spoken with both sides of an issue it has been a matter of he said vs she said, but in all situations where I could know the facts, Danny has proven true.)

Subsequently, after this issue has been brought back to the forefront (I think there is only one person who could have known about this and brought it to world wide attentionm, and that person was then on the board and voted with the concensus) I contacted the only person from the Chruch of God that I could find that knew about the situation, and who had been present and witness to the events. (Accept for pastor Dryden's personal accounts, there are apparently no other records of the allegations) The picture that was painted by that leader of the Church was exactly as portrayed earlier by Danny. Dryden was jealous of Tommy and was out to get him - a jealousy that has continued to the present. I was again informed that the DA knew about the allegations and not finding a basis, refused to act against Tommy. I have been informed that the Church of God is a congregational type or organization with different jurisdictions in different states and that there was no higher authority that I could speak with to resolve the issue further. It was not entirely clear to me how that worked. I was also told that one leader pestered Tommy over and over again until Tommy voluntarily gave up his ministerial license. These are the facts as I have been able to sort them out.

I will not comment regarding ****** except to say that good people sometimes see things from differing perspectives. We ******. We continue to have communication with ****** and consider ****** a friend of 3ABN.

Since you have not described the other allegations against Danny, I am unable to know what you are referring and therefore unable to comment on them.

I hope this is helpful to you.

I would like to request that you not circulate this letter, but that you merely summarize and varify its contents.

Sincerely,

Walt

And even Duane Clem backed him up:
I will say that I agree with what the unnamed individual from the Church of God reportedly told Dr. Thompson, but it was NOT me, and I can honestly say I have no idea who it was. That's one issue you can finally put to rest.

Cindy, just stop. I only agreed that there was jealousy, and nothing else. You know full well what I meant. Stop trying to twist what I said.

Dr. Thompson did NOT investigate the claims, he only hunted around until he got someone to say what he wanted them to say. That's not an investigation, that's attempted vindication. Dr. Thompson has never spoken to myself or any of the other victims that I know. Kinda hard to investigate without interviewing witnesses, don'tcha think? :dunno:

Why do you get so bent out of shape about this issue? I can't figure it out. You say you don't even know Tommy and have never spoken to him. How can you be so sure that all this never happened?
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2008, 06:48:43 PM »

Spin MAster or fact analyst? You have to spin when the weight of the evidence is against you. You simply have to analyse when the weight is in your favor...

Now, talking of SPIN, is this INFIDEL (yup, you mis-spelled - infadel [careful, the syntax and spelling errors can give you away]) argument the best you can throw around? Apparently you did not carefully read the Bankruptcy Documentation, and I refer you back to the schedule of income and expenses...a bit tight in this market compared to the income we have been use to, but we have tightened the belt, like most American Families...and for those who live off OTHER PEOPLES MONEY...like donors,  I wouldn't be throwing stones...particularly with the bankruptcy history of your fearless leader.

I was always taught that you NEVER THROW STONES WHEN YOU LIVE IN A GLASS HOUSE. You always make it dynamite so they cannot throw it back.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2008, 07:31:14 PM »

You mean "one former male employee" claimed that?

Answer: I did not say ONE...rather there are multiple male on male incidents alleged

One male employee who's wife said that was false, one who's children aren't allowed to be alone with him, and are not even supported by him? ( But don't accept hearsay, whether from me or your "source"!  Go to the court and get the records for yourself Gailon! prove all things!) and one who was himself fired from 3ABN? You really ought to examine the source of this claim and his reliability and whether he is quilty of the things another has been accused of b4 you take up his cause and trumpet his accusations to the world as fact. And you really ought to know if it was reported, and what he did and said when confronted with his story. before you put your reputation, and credibility on the line with this. Because I'm quite sure if you and Pickle get your way and all this is brought up in court, all of what I referred to is going to be documented to rebut your claims...AND THEY BETTER PRODUCE THE EVIDENCE BEFORE TRIAL OR THEY WILL FIND THEMSELVES WITH A MOTION IN LIMINE, SO WHEN CAN WE EXPECT ALL THIS EVIDENCE?

Answer: You have the audacity to accuse others of viciousness: Now again for the facts-
1) The employee's wife is not a RELIABLE SOURCE and in fact was the REASON for the Divorce, not to mention that I doubt the ex-spouse was a party to the incident- and why do you suppose that an employee was assigned the job of sitting by the fax machine for several weeks to intercept what was an anticipated lawsuite by the man and his wife in 1991 and what about that multi-page letter THE WIFE wrote to BJ CHRISTIANSEN in 1991...careful IAN, again you are in a sink-hole?;
2) And why was he FIRED from 3ABN? Because he was perceived as supporting Linda's innocense?
3) You have just defamed the the man the more as you have MIS-READ the stipulated Decree - as he did not require overnight visits, but why would he as he was a resident of West Frankfort at the time and has in fact frequently flown home to take care of the children, overnight, to accomodate her travel plans;
4) And getting fired by a miscreant vengeful administrator sounds like a good reason to suspend child support payments, but did not even request modification and has NOW CAUGHT UP, hardly the tall tale you have been told by the ANNOINTED ONE, who repeatedly spins tales like a demon!!!

Now lets discuss the damages this man has suffered? Think he also has a claim, or two. or three?
I do and the man really ought to sue the pants off 3ABN, it's officers and directors to recover his damages, which, by the way, would by far exceed any arrearages.

And there's a big problem here Gailon. For your Partner, Pickle and so many others have been consistantly claiming children were molested, and that there are allegations of child abuse,  ie; pedophilia and that DS and 3ABN  covered up allegations of child molestation, and clearly 3ABN should have instituted precautions to protect children and since they didn't they endangered children. etc etc etc...

And "child molestation" and Pedophilia, is what your website, and Adventist Today, and the forums via your partner Pickle has reported to the world. And so many posters and readers have believed it and repeated it, especially those who jumped on the bandwagon  because they have a history of being abused or molested, and are concerned about those issues. So they in turn have attacked and maligned all who tried to speak up and say this wasn't true, and accused us of protecting a child molestor and not caring about the children who were molested, when there is in fact no children who were molested, and no child molestor.

Answer: THERE IS NO PROBLEM AND WE STAND BEHIND THE REPORTS...THE WEIGHT OF THE EVIDENCE IS AT LEAST AS COMPELLING AS ANY EVIDENCE AGAINST ANY PRIEST IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND SHOULD BE SIMILARLY ADJUDICATED. IN FACT, 3ABN SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AS THEY, THE 3 ANGELS MESSAGE, THE FACE OF ADVENTISM AND THE ENTITY THAT PRIDES ITSELF ON EXPOSING THE PAPACY, ACTS LIKE THE OLD PAPAL STATE

2 b continued...
[/quote]

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2008, 07:51:35 PM »

This is a typical 3ABN INVESTIGATION...Lord forbid they find probable cause to eliminate the Annointed One or his defrocked brother...and is this how they investigated Linda? They Listened to Danny's side?

"...I was at 3abn at the time and spoke at length with Danny about the matter. He shared with me the details as he understood them. Whether or not I was aware of what generated the letter at that time, I do not remember. Based upon my understanding that Dryden had had a long standing feud with Tommy over factors unrelated to the above accusations, it did not seem indicated to approach the boys in question directly, having been informed that no case had ever been filed with the courts or legal disposition made. We then discussed the situation with the full board. Given the alleged events had occured many years before, attempts had been made to make things right, and no legal action had been taken, we did not see any reason to pursue the issue further nor to follow through with his recommendations...." Dr Walter Thompson, Chairman and Inquisitor of 3ABN

And now we know THE REST OF THE STORY!!! They should be ashamed...and they owe the world an apology.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up