Specialty Forums Category > Pet Lovers

The lesson from the goats....

<< < (3/3)

bonnie:

--- Quote from: reddogs on May 21, 2008, 02:54:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: bonnie on May 21, 2008, 12:36:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: reddogs on May 21, 2008, 12:05:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lil Star on May 10, 2008, 09:44:13 AM ---Aww mannn, I didn't read this until just now!  LOL-- odd how we both had angora animals!   :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---

Here's our Angora Goats...

--- End quote ---

Where did the color come from. Are they crossed with the dairy goat. Angora's are white. Usually color comes in with some pretty intensive cross breeding outside angora lines

When we had angora's it was difficult to find any with a decent fleece that was not white

--- End quote ---

Good question, when we first got goats the mother was Angora and we were just learning, but I would have to ask my wife on the father as he was smaller.

--- End quote ---

I was just wondering as color is hard to come by in angora goats. I know they now have colored angora registry,but that is mote recent. Was wondering if colored angora's are larger because of the cross breeding . Those pictured seem larger and not as fine boned as your typical angora.

Wold like to see a colored angora in full fleece

reddogs:

--- Quote from: bonnie on May 21, 2008, 04:12:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: reddogs on May 21, 2008, 02:54:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: bonnie on May 21, 2008, 12:36:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: reddogs on May 21, 2008, 12:05:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lil Star on May 10, 2008, 09:44:13 AM ---Aww mannn, I didn't read this until just now!  LOL-- odd how we both had angora animals!   :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---

Here's our Angora Goats...

--- End quote ---

Where did the color come from. Are they crossed with the dairy goat. Angora's are white. Usually color comes in with some pretty intensive cross breeding outside angora lines

When we had angora's it was difficult to find any with a decent fleece that was not white

--- End quote ---

Good question, when we first got goats the mother was Angora and we were just learning, but I would have to ask my wife on the father as he was smaller.

--- End quote ---

I was just wondering as color is hard to come by in angora goats. I know they now have colored angora registry,but that is mote recent. Was wondering if colored angora's are larger because of the cross breeding . Those pictured seem larger and not as fine boned as your typical angora.

Wold like to see a colored angora in full fleece

--- End quote ---

I checked with my wife who knows each type, these are the "Boer" goats, she said the Angora goats we had some, so I'll see if I can get some pictures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version