Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton pleads guilty to four felony counts!  (Read 46953 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Tommy Shelton pleads guilty to four felony counts!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 02:08:41 PM »

Thanks, Bob... so what happens next?

This is the civil case, right?

So 3ABN is not involved here, or what?

I'm confused!
The Fairfax case is criminal, not civil.

This is the criminal case...for just one victim, or both?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

JustWondering

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »

Sources tell me that (a) today Tommy pled guilty to four felony counts, (b) the judge revoked his bail, (c) he is now in jail, (d) sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 24, and (e) he faces up to 20 years.

Some of this can be verified at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuitcourtdocket/Default.aspx, but only today. This confirms that Tommy did appear in court today, and that four felony counts were under consideration.

Here are partial screen shots of the information at the above page. The first is the info for Tommy, and the second is the info for his attorney, Kimberling Irving:

Which case is this for?  The January 23rd case for crimes against DT, January 30th case for cimes against AW, or does this include both cases?

I assume this means that TS traveled from MS to VA and is in the Fairfax County Jail.  Is this correct?

Do you know any of the details of the plea deal?  It may include prison time since TS's bail was revoked.

Will the 01-24-2012 hearing be the same type as the 11-15-2010 hearing (Hearing Type was "Report and Sentencing"), which is when Judge Bellows rejected the plea deal?  If so, this plea deal could get rejected as well.

Who will the judge be for the 01-24-2012 hearing?

Thanks Bob, Vested Interest, Alex and others for any answers or information.  There is much to pray about.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 04:10:24 PM »

Comparing Tommy Shelton to Jerry Sandusky would be very reasonable.

I think I did that somewhere.  Now I'll have to go looking!!

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »

Quote from: Post by Lilly » Thu Jan 19, 2012

Well as usual, Pickles MO of uncredible sources and his own personal embellishments, rise again. What Bob wrote today is totally wrong. Tommy took an Alford plea which says "I am not guilty of these charges, but (paraphrased) everything is against me so I am taking this plea." 3 attorney's tell me this is completely different than pleading guilty.

Also he is not facing 20 years! Nothing even close to that. In fact, they are talking months, not years. Bob where do you get your information?

Why Bob did you not mention that Alex's case was completely dropped by the DA? Did your sources mess that up too or did you leave it out purposely? My guess would be purposely since the guy that you have backed for 2 years (as a means to get to Danny) has proven not to be credible at all. Otherwise, why would the DA drop a case unless she knew she couldn't win? Of course she couldn't. Alex has lied too many times and changed his story repeatedly...not the kind of witness you want on the stand. Remember all those times Alex denied his parents were against him? There will be proof shown that he lied about that also.

It's all falling apart Bob. Your precious gossip site has turned into a bunch of mad dogs snarling at each other with nobody telling the truth about anything.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 04:18:04 PM »

Sources tell me that (a) today Tommy pled guilty to four felony counts, (b) the judge revoked his bail, (c) he is now in jail, (d) sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 24, and (e) he faces up to 20 years.

Some of this can be verified at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuitcourtdocket/Default.aspx, but only today. This confirms that Tommy did appear in court today, and that four felony counts were under consideration.

Here are partial screen shots of the information at the above page. The first is the info for Tommy, and the second is the info for his attorney, Kimberling Irving:

Which case is this for?  The January 23rd case for crimes against DT, January 30th case for cimes against AW, or does this include both cases?

I assume this means that TS traveled from MS to VA and is in the Fairfax County Jail.  Is this correct?

Do you know any of the details of the plea deal?  It may include prison time since TS's bail was revoked.

Will the 01-24-2012 hearing be the same type as the 11-15-2010 hearing (Hearing Type was "Report and Sentencing"), which is when Judge Bellows rejected the plea deal?  If so, this plea deal could get rejected as well.

Who will the judge be for the 01-24-2012 hearing?

Thanks Bob, Vested Interest, Alex and others for any answers or information.  There is much to pray about.

Is Tommy Shelton in jail in Virginia?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 04:18:59 PM »

Yup!  Here it is:

http://www.adventtalk.com/forums/index.php/topic,2206.msg33826.html#msg33826

Apparently the real "Sam" is too humiliated to admit personally that her account was hacked.  Sam, if that's really the case, please don't take it as a personal reflection on you!!  You are the victim here and cannot be blamed for the actions of the perpetrator.  I've had an account hacked before and it is not a good feeling...a feeling of being violated in a weird sort of way.

Sam, you might take a lesson from Alex, who was violated in the worst sort of Sandusky way.  Instead of hiding himself as you have done, Alex took a courageous step forward to bring the perpetrator to justice!!  Way to go, Alex!

Walker v. Shelton!!!  Take two...

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »

Sources tell me that (a) today Tommy pled guilty to four felony counts...

Misreporting.. unreliable sources...

http://crime.about.com/od/g_criminal/g/alfordplea.htm
Definition: In the law of the United States, an Alford plea is a plea in criminal court. In this plea, the defendant does not admit the act and asserts innocence, but admits that sufficient evidence exists with which the prosecution could likely convince a judge or jury to find the defendant guilty.

Upon receiving an Alford plea from a defendant, the court may immediately pronounce the defendant guilty and impose sentence as if the defendant had otherwise been convicted of the crime. However, in many states, such as Massachusetts, a plea which "admits sufficient facts" more typically results in the case being continued without a finding and later dismissed.

It is the prospect of an ultimate dismissal of charges which engenders most pleas of this type.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »

Yup!  Here it is:

http://www.adventtalk.com/forums/index.php/topic,2206.msg33826.html#msg33826

Apparently the real "Sam" is too humiliated to admit personally that her account was hacked.  Sam, if that's really the case, please don't take it as a personal reflection on you!!  You are the victim here and cannot be blamed for the actions of the perpetrator.  I've had an account hacked before and it is not a good feeling...a feeling of being violated in a weird sort of way.

Sam, you might take a lesson from Alex, who was violated in the worst sort of Sandusky way.  Instead of hiding himself as you have done, Alex took a courageous step forward to bring the perpetrator to justice!!  Way to go, Alex!

Yes, I agree that a Tommy Shelton/Sandusky comparison is reasonable indeed.

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »

you might take a lesson from Alex, who was violated in the worst sort of Sandusky way.  Instead of hiding himself as you have done, Alex took a courageous step forward to bring the perpetrator to justice!!  Way to go, Alex!

His case didn't hold water. The Virginia prosecutor dropped it like a hot potato.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 05:04:28 PM »

If there is a January 23rd case and a January 30th case for Tommy Shelton, what happened today?

childoftheking

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »

Evidently this was not a trial. It was an attempt by Tommy and his lawyer to avoid a trial and/or to get a lesser sentance by means of Tommy making a plea. The following are currently listed on the preliminary Friday motions docket. So this Friday a judge may decide whether or not to accept the plea. We will see whether it is accepted. At this point it has been posted publicly that a plea was made but the wording of the plea has not been posted yet.

Shelton, Tommy FE-2010-0000786   1/20/2012 10:00:00 AM Motion Hearing - Criminal
Shelton, Tommy FE-2010-0000787   1/20/2012 10:00:00 AM Motion Hearing - Criminal 
Shelton, Tommy FE-2010-0001987   1/20/2012 10:00:00 AM Motion Hearing - Criminal
Shelton, Tommy FE-2010-0001988   1/20/2012 10:00:00 AM Motion Hearing - Criminal

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »

If there is a January 23rd case and a January 30th case for Tommy Shelton, what happened today?

Those court dates are cancelled now. The Prosecutor along with Alex, Dennis and Tommy agreed to a deal.

So today Tommy Shelton made the Alford plea in the state of Virginia's case in regards to Dennis Turley maintaining his innocence but agreeing to a lessor sentence and charges, and the Prosecutor dropped the State's case in regards to Alex Walker entirely.

The court isn't revealing information beyond that, but I am guessing that if Tommy is in jail awaiting sentencing ( possibly a couple of months) then the Judge agreed also.  To find out more you'll need to ask Alex.

I've told you all I know, so am done posting about this.

Have a good night.

childoftheking

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »

The following is from a July 29 2011 post here on Adventtalk: Reply #72
Topic: Tommy R. Sheltons trials are upon us.

Ms. Stott (assistant Commonwealth atty.) said the Circuit Court judge had to set the cases all the way into next year because of "calendar conflicts" on the part of Tommy's attorneys.

Four cases involving Tommy Shelton appeared on today's docket.  Ms. Stott has explained the two additional cases (FE-2010-0001987 and FE-2010-0001988) are re-indictments of counts which as part of the July 2010 plea agreement she had asked not be prosecuted

Allegations by Dennis Turley:
Case # FE-2010-0000786
Case # FE-2010-0001987

Allegations by Alex Walker:
Case # FE-2010-0000787
Case # FE-2010-0001988

So it would appear that two of the cases regarding Alex Walker and Dennis Turley which were dropped earlier have been reinstated. (Check the case numbers, please). And the other two were never dropped.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:10:39 PM by childoftheking »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 06:14:24 PM »

Those court dates are cancelled now. The Prosecutor along with Alex, Dennis and Tommy agreed to a deal.

So today Tommy Shelton made the Alford plea in the state of Virginia's case in regards to Dennis Turley maintaining his innocence but agreeing to a lessor sentence and charges, and the Prosecutor dropped the State's case in regards to Alex Walker entirely.

The court isn't revealing information beyond that, but I am guessing that if Tommy is in jail awaiting sentencing ( possibly a couple of months) then the Judge agreed also.  To find out more you'll need to ask Alex.

I've told you all I know, so am done posting about this.

Have a good night.

Don't get too excited about the "reduced charges"!!

From the U.S. Supreme Court in the Alford case:

"Nor can we perceive any material difference between a plea that refuses to admit commission of the criminal act and a plea containing a protestation of innocence when, as in the instant case, a defendant intelligently concludes that his interests require entry of a guilty plea and the record before the judge contains strong evidence of actual guilt. Here the State had a strong case of first-degree murder against Alford. Whether he realized or disbelieved his guilt, he insisted on his plea because in his view he had absolutely nothing to gain by a trial and much to gain by pleading. Because of the overwhelming evidence against him, a trial was precisely what neither Alford nor his attorney desired. Confronted with the choice between a trial for first-degree murder, on the one hand, and a plea of guilty to second-degree murder, on the other, Alford quite reasonably chose the latter and thereby limited the maximum penalty to a 30-year term. When his plea is viewed in light [400 U.S. 25, 38]   of the evidence against him, which substantially negated his claim of innocence and which further provided a means by which the judge could test whether the plea was being intelligently entered, see McCarthy v. United States, supra, at 466-467 (1969), 10 its validity cannot be seriously questioned (North Carolina v. Alford (1970))."

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=400&invol=25

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 07:03:55 PM »

The following is from a July 29 2011 post here on Adventtalk: Reply #72
Topic: Tommy R. Sheltons trials are upon us.

Ms. Stott (assistant Commonwealth atty.) said the Circuit Court judge had to set the cases all the way into next year because of "calendar conflicts" on the part of Tommy's attorneys.

Four cases involving Tommy Shelton appeared on today's docket.  Ms. Stott has explained the two additional cases (FE-2010-0001987 and FE-2010-0001988) are re-indictments of counts which as part of the July 2010 plea agreement she had asked not be prosecuted

Allegations by Dennis Turley:
Case # FE-2010-0000786
Case # FE-2010-0001987

Allegations by Alex Walker:
Case # FE-2010-0000787
Case # FE-2010-0001988

So it would appear that two of the cases regarding Alex Walker and Dennis Turley which were dropped earlier have been reinstated. (Check the case numbers, please). And the other two were never dropped.

It appears there are a couple of more things to say...

COTK:

It may appear that way to you ( I don't doubt it does) but despite Pickle's lurking silence and Alex's convenient withdrawal from the discussions here, and their apparent inability to set the record straight, that is NOT true. You can continue to attempt to talk over the truth and argue otherwise but you will just appear more foolish because you are just guessing and surmising rather than checking and verifying . The facts are not disputable and time will prove that.

The facts are, Tommy appeared in court this morning and the Alford plea was accepted by the court. Alex's case is gone. It was full of inconsistencies and unprovable statements and the state's Attorney dropped it. All that remains is the sentencing for Dennis Turley's case as the Judge chose not to sentence TS today.

His enemies may gloat or ridicule and scoff about him being taken out of court and to jail in a wheelchair but I am heartsick for him and for those here who can't let go of their hate. 

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:32:26 PM by Nosir Myzing »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up