Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tommy Shelton pleads guilty to four felony counts!  (Read 46950 times)

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Tommy Shelton pleads guilty to four felony counts!
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2012, 10:32:27 AM »

I acknowledge my ignorance.  Thank you for the correction.  I have never claimed perfect knowledge.

:)  :) 

Maybe someday I can visit Australia.

We seem to fit in the same boat

So, Johann and Gregory are going by boat to Australia??    :dunno:

:dogwag:

Would love to have you all visit. We can always move over and make more room  :australia: :purr:

Johann

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »

My reason for bringing up something (Duane, Kenny, Tammy) that happened more than 20 years ago was to establish a pattern that DS has shown.  A pattern of twisting the truth to fit his own agenda.  Yes, I know Kenny and Tammy are back in Danny's good graces.  I have talked with one of Tammy's sons.  The "right to fire" law does not make it OK for a Christian to fire someone for a personal reason.  A Christian should be Christ-like even when the law doesn't require.  DS said Duane was fired for a bad attitude.  If he had one it is somewhat understandable considering he had to work with TS now and then.  He was really fired for turning 3ABN in to the Department of Labor & Industries for forcing volunteer labor from Fri sundown to Sat sundown and for refusing to pay overtime for an hourly position.  3ABN administration (including DS) could have and should have known that was illegal.  As for my knowing nothing about what is currently happening; I still have friends who work for 3ABN.  I won't name them because I don't want to get them in any trouble.  I also have friends that watch 3ABN regularly and tell me what is happening.  I also receive regular e-mails from 3ABN giving updates on what they are doing.

Since leaving 3ABN I have remained active in TV and radio ministry.  I was an engineer for Life Talk Radio when they first went on the air in Yakima, WA.  I volunteered as an engineer and video director for Blue Mountain TV for 3 years.  Currently I produce a weekly TV program for the Central SDA Church in Salem, OR and am friends with the producer/director for Better Life Television.

Keith Owen

I understand your ministry includes membership in the www.oamc.org

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »

Thank you, vestedinterest.  It is interesting to see the media's view of the details.

Johann

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2012, 12:52:54 PM »

From the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/please-deal-for-fairfax-pastor-accused-of-sex-abuse/2012/01/23/gIQA4785NQ_blog.html

Is the news writer stating that in spite of the Alford plea TS faces up to 5 years on each of 3 charges, making it a total of 15 years? Is that up to the judge? I'm asking because it seems that way, but I do not know how this works in Virginia.

vestedinterest

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2012, 02:32:27 PM »

up to 5 years on each of 4 charges, i.e. up to 20 years max.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2012, 08:24:27 PM »

Unless otherwise provided for by the statute, sentences for multiple charges begin at the same time.  IOW, they are concurrent.  If this is the case with TS, the most prison time he would face would be five (5) years.  However, in the case of convictions on multiple charges, the judge would often be allowed to order the sentences to be consecutive.  If this is the case, TS could face 20 yers.

NOTE:  In each event, the prison time would be reduced for good behavior.  It may be assumed tht TS would have good behavior.

So, how will the judge order, concurrent or consecutive; and for how long?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »

Well apparently either Tommy or 3ABN has summoned their insurance company to pay for their representation against me in the civil suit.

The insurance company is saying NO! They are saying they are not responsible for tort claims.

Because of this the insurance company has served Tommy, 3ABN and myself with papers.

They are petitioning the court to make a ruling that they are not responsible.

Alex, are you at liberty to say who the insurance company is?

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2012, 04:57:30 PM »

Well apparently either Tommy or 3ABN has summoned their insurance company to pay for their representation against me in the civil suit.

The insurance company is saying NO! They are saying they are not responsible for tort claims.

Because of this the insurance company has served Tommy, 3ABN and myself with papers.

They are petitioning the court to make a ruling that they are not responsible.

Alex, are you at liberty to say who the insurance company is?

I have not seen the complaint. I called my attorneys and asked them to send me a copy of the complaint. I have not received it yet, but no I'm not sure who the insurance company is yet. Hopefully I will have an answer tomorrow.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »

It is the Virginia Surety Company.
And it was 3ABN's insurance not Tommy's!
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »

That is what I expected - that 3ABN is the insured party making the insurance claim.

Johann

« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »

Founded in 1927, Virginia Surety Company, Inc. (VSC) (rated A- by A.M. Best Company, November 23, 2010), is the principal U.S. property and casualty insurance company of The Warranty Group. In conjunction with The Warranty Group, VSC's focus is to implement profitable, innovative solutions that deliver benchmark results. Offering a wide array of insured service plans and warranty products to the auto, recreational, consumer electronics, appliance, home and commercial industries, each product uniquely benefits from VSC's underwriting expertise and customer focus. VSC and its affiliate companies have built a leadership position as one of the largest underwriters of insured service plans and warranty products in the world.

Johann

« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2012, 08:00:10 AM »

That is what I expected - that 3ABN is the insured party making the insurance claim.

Expecting that they may have to pay? Why else?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up