Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Voter fraud showing up in early voting.....  (Read 8653 times)

reddogs

Voter fraud showing up in early voting.....
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:36:30 AM »

They registering everything in Florida that has a pulse and even some that doesnt, but this is amazing they would go this route...

"...Less than four days until the election and charges of voter fraud arise in South Florida.

A Collier woman claims someone registered her two mentally-handicapped adult children without her permission.

Griselle Gonzalez says her son and daughter don't know how to read and they can't even tell you where they live.

"It is voter registration fraud because they are not capable of being registered to vote," she said.

Her son, Michael, 19, and daughter Jenniffer, 32, live in a group home for adults with special needs.

Gonzalez says she's the court-appointed guardian. She claims someone at a Broward-County group home registered them to vote and also told them for whom to vote.

"They don't even know who the President is or what a President is.".....

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/33668204.html

Johann

Re: Voter fraud showing up in early voting.....
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 03:48:19 AM »

Is the brother of George Bush still the Governor of Florida?

Knight

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 04:30:08 AM »

No. Jeb Bush is no longer Governor of Florida. He has not been for some time.

reddogs

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 04:32:47 AM »

No they have Charlie Crist in office, but this seems to be a abuse such as the Acorn registering. They went into the group homes and registered everyone and told them who to vote for and may have had some transportation, but the mother found out about it and put a stop to it by going straight to the media. The news media is checking on it but running into a brick wall so far....

Knight

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 04:34:40 AM »

Charlie Crist  a republican has been governor of Florida since Jan 2 2007.

reddogs

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 04:48:10 AM »

Charlie Crist  a republican has been governor of Florida since Jan 2 2007.

He is not very good, and looks like we will have to throw him out as he is beholden to big business, banking and insurance..

Johann

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 05:35:20 AM »

Are the Democrats or Republicans cheating in Florida? Or both?

reddogs

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 06:47:42 AM »

Are the Democrats or Republicans cheating in Florida? Or both?

You know Repulicans never cheat, they just 'miscount' a little...... :wave:

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 09:00:14 AM »

Are we giving birth to more "pregnant chads" in Florida this time around?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 09:22:36 AM »

Hmmm,
I always thought that a good American that cared for his country, what happens to it and what has been provided for freedoms sake, cares of responsibility to know what is happening on the land we live, share the responsibility to vote the best we could for which this country was built on. EGW says to fight for liberty right down to the end. As an American and a person who cherishes what God gave us. I believe we have responsibility to protect what has been given for as long as we use it.  Do we have the attitude to send someone in our place. After all soon we will be part of something......whether we like it or not....Former Secretary of State. says that the only joy he will get if Obama is in is to write letters to his friends to say "I told you so" He says that Obama is the biggest con man in the History of US and the people are about ready to put him in.  I realize beyond a shadow of doubt that both sides are corrupt. Somehow with the choice I want to give McCain the chance to be the Maverick....I do like Sarah much -even thou I think women have a differnt job to do. I realize her gift. The same with my amazament when I read EGW as a messanger. I do not go to listen to ordained women preachers. Although I know EGW speaks of women in the pulpitprobaly in future BUT NOT ORDAINED.  I don't care who does not likes that statement but I just can't get into it.

Johann

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 09:49:24 AM »

As I remember Adventism about 50-60 years ago our members read Ellen White to say that we should not take part in politics, so church member in good and regular standing would not vote. Now we are much more liberal and fight for the candidates of our choice, and try to find a EGW quote to justify our behavior.

A well known pastor in this part of the world, who believes firmly in the Spirit of Prophecy, makes statements in his sermons to the effect that no sincere Christian would support a party with a program like the Republicans. . . Without endorsing that statement I just refer to it to show how the Lord seems to impress different people.

It is also an interesting observation of Dr. Bacchiocchi that persecution will not come from the liberals, but from the conservative - like the Republicans.

Then you have the problem that the Democrats do not seem to support our understanding of Biblical moral behavior.

I believe this is the problem with politics and possibly the reason some solid Adventist of the past would not vote. . . Is it much better today?

reddogs

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 10:45:20 AM »

As I remember Adventism about 50-60 years ago our members read Ellen White to say that we should not take part in politics, so church member in good and regular standing would not vote. Now we are much more liberal and fight for the candidates of our choice, and try to find a EGW quote to justify our behavior.

A well known pastor in this part of the world, who believes firmly in the Spirit of Prophecy, makes statements in his sermons to the effect that no sincere Christian would support a party with a program like the Republicans. . . Without endorsing that statement I just refer to it to show how the Lord seems to impress different people.

It is also an interesting observation of Dr. Bacchiocchi that persecution will not come from the liberals, but from the conservative - like the Republicans.

Then you have the problem that the Democrats do not seem to support our understanding of Biblical moral behavior.

I believe this is the problem with politics and possibly the reason some solid Adventist of the past would not vote. . . Is it much better today?

Not so fast there my brother, I dont think Ellen White advocated not voting......

"... I drew three conclusions from inspired counsel on the subject of voting. These were: (1) we are to cast our vote "on the side of temperance and virtue"; (2) if we vote, "keep your voting to yourself. Do not feel it your duty to urge everyone to do as you do"; and (3) we are to stand free from political strife and corruption...."

http://www.whiteestate.org/issues/Voting.html
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 10:48:59 AM by reddogs »

Johann

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 11:03:44 AM »

This is what I refer to, my brother. as I gew up it was taught that if we did vote we should be sure that the candidate was a total abstainer. Do we follow this today?

Are we quiet about how we vote? Or are we trying to get others to vote for the same party?

reddogs

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 11:51:18 AM »

This is what I refer to, my brother. as I gew up it was taught that if we did vote we should be sure that the candidate was a total abstainer. Do we follow this today?

Are we quiet about how we vote? Or are we trying to get others to vote for the same party?

Well I try not to tip my hand as to who I voted for. However, I try to be even handed on how I treat either party or candidate in the discussions. As for "Total Abstainer", it was for the specific issue of the day back then, there are many other relevant issues that need to looked at in the leaders today. We have to apply the principles not just the specific issue..

reddogs

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 01:39:03 PM »

Are we giving birth to more "pregnant chads" in Florida this time around?

They say these 'votes' will be stopped or caught by the verification process so we shall see...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up