Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Wall  (Read 3739 times)

RBF

The Wall
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:16:55 AM »

I have learned a valuable lesson from my son’s blanket.  He calls one corner of the blanket his wall.  Who know why?  The other morning, when we were visiting family for Christmas, he woke up in the middle of the night and, being disoriented, ran into a book shelf.  He began to cry and say, "I want my wall."  He would not be contented without his wall. 

The Law of God is a wall of protection.  That wall should be my friend.  I should long to not be separated from it.  Have I come to Jesus acknowledging that the law declares me unholy?  Do I long to be with Jesus as much as my son wants the little corner of his blanket?  These were just some of the questions that came to my mind as I thought and prayed.

The other morning he tried to sneak in bed with us.  I asked him where his blanket was.  He had left it in his room.  I tried to convince him that he should go back to where his wall was.  He didn’t want it.  He was carried back to his room/blanket.  Indeed we, in our sinful minds, resist that Law and need a Savior.  Praise God, the Good Shepherd is always looking for His sheep.  I am thankful for the Wall. 

RBF

WillowRun

Re: The Wall
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 08:14:27 PM »

RBF thank you for sharing that.   We all need a "wall" to cling to.
Respectfully,

Willow
Pages: [1]   Go Up