SDA Media & News > Hope TV

Linda Shelton on TV

<< < (3/7) > >>

tinka:
Hmmm, maybe her ratings were more then the rest! It was the most enjoyable part except for one little charismatic thing that as oldies we were not used to and that was raising the hands for prayer.  I do not see a whole lot wrong except for the unstablest that tend to go charismatic at the mere point of seeing starts the roll moving. It would not be wrong except to get the charismatic going into basically what you are seeing more and more of now.

Now its worship music, disgusting repetitious, and over and over and over until I switch it off away from non melodious music. You will see this in some of the college students presentations.  The hymns that are melodious and stating worship still are reverence to God. As soon as I hear worship music with I, I,I I, I am no longer in tune as there is no tune except strum, strum strum. Now, the blues, the jazz, the contemporary,  and its all there. but not for me! It is only to show ones talent of bringing it into the church. The instruments of music can all be used properly to stay tuned with God's way and not mans. I cannot even imagine the angels of heaven sounding off like coming from worldly bar music.  Last I watched they were singing "this old house" by Rosemary Clooney on Sabbath if any remember lol...

http://www.greatdanepro.com/Pray%20For%20America/index.htm

princessdi:
Aaawww! Tinka! I didn't know you were not a fan of the Hallelujah Chorus by Handel. I kind of like that one.....call it a guilty pleasure.  Also, what do you propose to do about all those angels in Heaven that continually cry "Holy, Holy, Holy............you know there is real danger in that repetitious, disgusting worship music. How dare those angels "worship" God in such a fashoin!  Don't they know that God knows He is Holy, and don't feel like hearing that 24/7?  Telling Him once, maybe twice is good.  Even a third time would be pushing it, don't you think?  I can see why it gets on your last nerve.  Your solution is?  And will you require God to put an end to that blashphemy before you arrive, or do you suggest change from "within"?  Oh yes, and what exactly is music done "God's way"?  How do we keep from interjecting our own personal tastes(of course, this is of the devil, he did create the individuality within man, you know.) into it?      ;D

tinka:
I can't even imagine the heavenly sound of the angels singing Holy, Holy, Holy. But the angels are much smarter then we. They are not singing in repetition. They are giving homage 3 times only. One to the Father, One to the Son and One to the Holy Ghost. A whole different scenario. There is no excuse for our own inventions that please the worldly crowd.

Gailon Arthur Joy:

--- Quote from: Johann on February 27, 2010, 12:35:18 AM ---Here is the link:

http://www.khbatv.com/raysofhope.html

--- End quote ---

It is about time...in fact, long past due. I await her return to that front porch and speaking to us from the heart!!! EVERY DAY...

Gailon Arthur Joy

princessdi:
LOL!! I could not remember where I posted this response!  I found it!    Tinka, they have not said it only three times in history(as we know it) they sing it contiuously and constantly.  It is repetitious.  It doesn't matter why they are singing it, they are repeating it constantly.

Why can't humans also repeat or emphasize that which brings them closer to God, that describes what He means to them?  That is not vain. Especially since we also have the privilege of being redeemd by the blood of the Lamb.  Since we can eventually sing a song that the angles cannot sing!  We miss so many blessings when we don't realize the power and beauty in pure, sincere praise and worship to the Most High God!   

--- Quote from: tinka on March 04, 2010, 04:32:51 AM ---I can't even imagine the heavenly sound of the angels singing Holy, Holy, Holy. But the angels are much smarter then we. They are not singing in repetition. They are giving homage 3 times only. One to the Father, One to the Son and One to the Holy Ghost. A whole different scenario. There is no excuse for our own inventions that please the worldly crowd.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version