Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN Annual Membership Meeting and First Board Meeting of 2008  (Read 104418 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: 3ABN Annual Membership Meeting and First Board Meeting of 2008
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2008, 07:00:39 PM »

"......and not have any scruples about what is legal or not" are strong words.

Ozzie

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2008, 10:04:28 PM »

I have had some conversations with a person who had that position in the past, who left because it was impossible to follow neither one's education nor conscience. That person was told to do things exactly according to the directions of Danny Shelton and Walt Thompson and not have any scruples about what is legal or not. This person therefore had to leave, just like Larry seems to be doing now - although I do not know why Larry is leaving. In my opinion he has a rather pleasant personality, but he has never been my boss.

I have personally been in this situation and it's a terrible situation to be caught up in. But, one has to live with their conscience. Mind you, 'whistleblowers' get a really rough deal for the rest of their lives; whether that be in Church, Government or private enterprise. The idea is to destroy not just the person, but also their family. That's quite an emotional pull, to know that if one goes ahead with what they know is 'right', it can also destroy their family.This takes a lot of courage to stick with it. I can understand why many people do not follow through with 'blowing the whistle'.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2008, 12:07:24 AM »

Strong words, but true words...Johann and I have the same understanding on this issue.

Ozzie

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2008, 09:15:19 PM »

In my experience, those words are absolutely true. Won't it be wonderful when we get to the Glory land and no longer have to live in situations where those words are so true and are more common than perhaps, many people would like to believe.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Johann

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2008, 08:57:46 PM »

Is it ethical right to spend millions of dollars in an attempt of defaming those who question such things? Why not rather spend those funds improving and making open the current system?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2008, 07:40:49 PM »

Is it ethical right to spend millions of dollars in an attempt of defaming those who question such things? Why not rather spend those funds improving and making open the current system?

Because systems are about self preservation, not common sense, integrity and ethics. However, when whistleblowers stand up, frequently they find many others will stand with them and you develop the Enron affect: the "system" is brought to justice in time.

Someone just has to take that very first step...and you certainly know what that is all about, don't you, Johann...Linda has much to thank you for or we would not be where we are today without your efforts...too bad Linda doesn't recognize that and do us the justice of supporting the effort!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Doodle

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2008, 08:09:08 AM »

Because systems are about self preservation, not common sense, integrity and ethics. However, when whistleblowers stand up, frequently they find many others will stand with them and you develop the Enron affect: the "system" is brought to justice in time.

Someone just has to take that very first step...and you certainly know what that is all about, don't you, Johann...Linda has much to thank you for or we would not be where we are today without your efforts...too bad Linda doesn't recognize that and do us the justice of supporting the effort!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Sabbath Blessings Gailon,

I don't really understand what you are saying here, but am trying to. So I  hope you won't be offended or take it amiss if I ask you to clarify, and explain further what you mean exactly, when you say:

"...too bad Linda doesn't recognize that and do us the justice of supporting the effort!!!"

What exactly do you mean by "too bad Linda doesn't recognize that"? Linda doesn't recognize what? and what do you mean by "(Linda) doesn't do us the justice of supporting the effort"? And how exactly do you define "the effort"?

I would also appreciate hearing more about what you mean by this, and the same kind of clarifications and explanationes here:

"...Someone just has to take that very first step...and you certainly know what that is all about, don't you, Johann...Linda has much to thank you for or we would not be where we are today without your efforts..."

Thank you in advance for attempting to further the members and readers understanding here. :)

-- Just a doodle

« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:57:10 AM by Doodle »

Doodle

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2008, 08:27:47 AM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

Blessings to you too Bro Johann, :)

If you don't mind, I would also like your response to what Joy posted, and in direct repsonse to what he posted, according to your personal understanding and view.

Thank you, as above it helps others to understand. :)

-- Doodle

Fair Havens

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2008, 06:21:07 PM »

Blessings to you too Bro Johann, Smiley

If you don't mind, I would also like your response to what Joy posted, and in direct repsonse to what he posted, according to your personal understanding and view.

Thank you, as above it helps others to understand. Smiley

-- Doodle

Hi Doodle Lee S

What was the question? ???

ImaAnt

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2008, 09:06:19 AM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

-- Doodle

Johann,

Do you agree or not with GAJ's statement or not?  A simple yes or no is sufficient.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2008, 10:28:34 AM »

And the "spectators"  wait with baited breathe!!!

And what would give you the right to an answer?

Would the answer given be satisfactory?

I rather doubt it and now you are left to your speculation!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Doodle

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2008, 12:15:36 PM »

And the "spectators"  wait with baited breathe!!!

maybe they do, maybe they don't,

And what would give you the right to an answer?

uuuuhhh.....

Maybe the fact that you first brought it up here to the public, and people want to understand what you were referring to and what your meaning is, so they don't misjudge you or any other (Linda)?

Would the answer given be satisfactory?

Who knows? No ones heard it. You seem unable or unwilling to explain what you, yourself, have said and posted publicly.  That naturally raises questions.

I rather doubt it and now you are left to your speculation!!!

Some questions are for clarification, because some don't like to specualte and prefer to be honest in their dealings, and unbiased in their search for all needed in order to make a educated, wise and informed judgment.
Giving anyone the benefit of the doubt is a good thing. Not doing so indicates what?

Are you a phychic in addition to all else you claim?

For the record, I am disapointed in your lack of a response to what was asked of you, and  I cannot believe I am alone in that.

You injure yourself, and your own cause(?) here as far as I can tell.

-- Just a doodle
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 12:22:33 PM by Doodle »

Johann

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »

Johann,

Do you agree or not with GAJ's statement or not?  A simple yes or no is sufficient.

Considering your previous outstanding contributions I'd be tempted to discover to what extend you are capable of spinning a "yes" and also to see your tremendous missiles launched to explode any "no" I'd muster. I must admit those wishes
evaporate as I consider the possibilities of experiencing your reactions to my refusal to given any reply to your question. You are a great artist and I look forward to watch your colorful verbal splattering on the Sheltonian horizon. My question is how much light and understanding they will reveal this time.  :cat:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 12:51:37 PM by Daryl Fawcett »

Johann

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2008, 12:37:55 PM »

-- Doodle

Brother Doodle,

A reply demands a book. It may be available in the future for those who want to know, and the dismay of those who'd rather not.

Doodle

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2008, 12:40:50 PM »

Johann,

Considering your previous outstanding contributions I'd be tempted to discover to what extend you are capable of spinning a "yes" and also to see your tremendous missiles launched to explode any "no" I'd muster. I must admit those wishes evaporate as I consider the possibilities of experiencing your reactions to my refusal to given any reply to your question.

-- Doodle

Brother Doodle,

A reply demands a book. It may be available in the future for those who want to know, and the dismay of those who'd rather not.

Another psychic? or an alleged Christian who claims to  know motives and intents?

Eithor, or? Doesn't matter, it's apparently accompanied by a refusal, and lack of willingness to answer honest questions.

:(

-- a disgusted doodle
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 01:24:25 PM by Doodle »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up