Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Law suit is Imminent  (Read 106536 times)

Johann

Re: Law suit is Imminent
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2011, 04:46:02 AM »

Principles vs. Possibilities?

:-\

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2011, 05:29:49 AM »

The enablers, Mr Gregory, would be the victims that allowed Tommy Ray Shelton to, once again, evade accountability.

We have a judge that has denied a plea bargain because it did not include jail time...a preosecutor who has now gone
to great lengths to prepare for a trial on the merits, many witnesses that have agreed or been called to testify, and
the victims, who were the parties to press the issue, now want their 20 peices of Silver and move on, without regard
to their civic and social responsibilities?

I thought that the victims and their counsel would have more principles than that!!!

I have no question that the potential defendants and their "current counsel" have every interest in avoiding a head on
civil litigation case and would greatly benefit from a comprehensive and global resolution through a structured settlement,
but that does not absolve the victims of the duty to see Tommy Ray Shelton have accountability...after all, we all well
know that he will not shoulder the first farthing of any structured settlement, but rather various directors, insurers and
contributors.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2011, 07:14:01 AM »

It seems according to the previous posts here that the tolling agreement ends today?

It does not appear that a lawsuit has been filed by the deadline despite the posts announcing a big announcement, and the posts by Alex claiming he was waiting to read the copy of the complaint last week.

Surely the alleged complaint wouldn't even have been drafted if a settlement was in the works?

That said, I think all the what if's, surmising, and ire here is uncalled for at best, and premature at the least.

Alex is one of the complainants and party to both the criminal and the "alleged" civil case, or "settlement".

He's the one to ask. He is the one to answer.

A simple answer here would be helpful. You do not have to elaborate if you do not choose to. Of course you do not have to supply a simple answer either, but that will cause more questions and doubts about you I am thinking.

Alex, are you still wanting to proceed with and testify against Tommy in the criminal case as you have so often posted here? OR, have you changed your mind?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:23:08 AM by Nosir Myzing »

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »

Someone just pointed out to me that the previous posts I am referring to may not be known to all as they are spread out over different threads. To eliminate confusion, or to allow those who haven't read all here to catch up. The referred to posts are below.

Expect a huge announcement or (press release) in the coming weeks. :)

Let's not forget this either:

"In the event this matter proceeds towards litigation, we will not only be seeking substantial monetary compensation. We will also be seeking injunctive relief in the form of a mandatory broadcast announcement, on 3ABN, of Pastor Shelton's past sexual abuse of children, along with the creation of a staffed, toll free telephone line for all information regarding such to be reported by 3ABN patrons."

One could wonder if Jim Gilley is preparing this as we speak? It appears it's going to happen. :)

This announcement will come as early as two weeks from now. No later than the end of January. :)

I guess we will know something within two weeks...??

That is correct. At least that is what I am being told. I should have more news as of tomorrow. :)

Sources have told me that the law suit against Danny Lee Shelton and 3ABN should be filed as early as next week. My understanding is this will be filed in Chicago, Illinois.

Jeff Anderson will lead the charge in the objective along with Sarah Odegaard. They will be working with the attorney's from Manly and Stewart of California; John C. Manly (head atty) Vince W. Finaldi, and Michael Reck.

Should be interesting.

It appears that recent turn of events, may have pushed the filing date back a bit. However, these recent turn of event's are very positive for us, not so much for 3ABN and DS.

Hi Alex,
Sounds like they might move to possible settlement. The way they been pouring it on at 3abn would be such a reproach or embarrassment to all their bragging talk if made public. I Hope for the best outcome for you.

Just some suggestions, but....

"Perhaps" it would be better to not count on chickens before they hatch, or announce their arrival before they arrive?

"Perhaps" it would be good to consider all sides and scenarios, as in, maybe this all could clear or vindicate 3ABN as far as these allegations are concerned, in addition to considering or proposing that it will or could be an embarrasment, or reproach to them, or maybe find them at fault?

"Perhaps" and I do believe this, we should pray for ALL, and that it is the best outcome for ALL, not just one. Because, "Perhaps" God has a plan and knows all and the beggining and the end, and knows what is best for all? "Perhaps" we should pray for His will in Jesus name, rather than for our own or for him to bring our will about.

"Perhaps we should acknowledge that He is in control, and NOTHING happens without his permission, and give thanks to Him for all things according to His will, and give Him the glory in all, rather than focussing on or making it about someone else rather than ourselves, or casting the blame on the shortcomings or failures of man, or any earthly institution or office when we don't get our way, or things don't go as we think they should?

Who is this person? Seriously. Do you have no brain?

It has been stated that Tommy's plea agreement is admissible in the Civil Trial.  Let's be clear here; in a civil trial you only have to show the "majority of the evidence." Attorney's have stated 51%. They conclude that Tommy's admission of guilt will cover nearly 50% of that evidence. This is a shew win for the victim's attorney's.

You can play word Games "Pat Williams", but the truth is what is done in the dark will soon come to light. DLS will be held accountable and will the pirate club which consist of Walt Thompson and the rest of the "do nothing" people.

Greg Simpson has a fight on his hand. Are you sure he can tackle it? Um.... I don't think so. The best thing 3ABN and Danny Shelton could have done was settled with the victims. They chose the hard road.

Now use your brain the good Lord gave you, and quit spouting off nonsense.

Will this be filed before the tolling agreement runs out next month?

OK - I give.  A statute of limitations tolls.  What in the world is a "tolling agreement"?  Are you suggesting the statute of limitations runs out in March?

That is correct, Snoopy. The tolling agreement halted the statue of limitations. So, assuming this is correct they have no choice, but to file by the end of February.

Check on the URL Below if you want a clear explaination of a Tolling Agreement and how it can benefit both parties.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6391028_legal-definition-tolling-agreement.html

Gregory:

I am no familiar completely with the tolling agreement. I do know that I did sign one, under the advice of my attorney's.  I'm not completely aware of it's value. Thanks for the link.

Feb 14-15
Something seems to be boiling these days. Will we soon find out what it is?

Indeed! Something is definitely cooking and the kitchen is getting HOT!

The Batters are in the dugout and the opposition team is in the field! The umpire is behind home plate and if you listen carefully you can hear him say "Let's play ball!"

It's almost game time! Won't be long.

We have been hearing that for quite awhile now...

Dear Snoopy,

You are correct. However, due to recent events there was a delay. I cannot go into the details of that, but to say one key witness has been added or will soon be added to both the criminal and civil cases. I am not at liberty to reveal their identity as it could cause sever consequences for them.

It is safe to say that it is likely this will be filed this week. Possibly the next day or two. It is in the process that they call "Review Status". Meaning qualified attorney's are reviewing it. After that is complete the plaintiffs (myself and the other victim) will have the opportunity to review it. After that is complete it goes to he final step which is it's filing! Trust me we are keenly aware that time is running out towards the end of the month when one un-named agreement will expire.

The final steps are in the works and it is now not a matter of weeks, but days.

I'm still waiting to view the complaint. Hopefully tomorrow.

Still waiting..... :-\

When will there be some substantial news regarding this?

:dunno: Has to be soon! There is no time to waste.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2011, 12:02:19 PM »

In fact, a criminal conviction will likely enhance the civil settlement as much information will be presented that is not yet available to the pending defendants. I would propose that those revelations to most certainly come into the record at trial will result in the filling of the pants of several 3ABN directors and their insurers. Remember that Adventist Risk Management will have a serious interest to assess any liability of denominational representatives to the 3ABN board over the years.

Interesting, interesting. So a criminal conviction would likely result in a larger civil settlement.

Johann

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »

Someone just pointed out to me that the previous posts I am referring to may not be known to all as they are spread out over different threads. To eliminate confusion, or to allow those who haven't read all here to catch up. The referred to posts are below.
- - - - - -

Who are you trying to help in case such negotiations are actually taking place? Has Mr. Simpson, the 3ABN attourney, authorized this posting of yours?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2011, 01:26:17 PM »

Excellent question, Johann.

Yesir Myzing, would you care to answer that question?

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2011, 02:25:39 PM »

Who are you trying to help in case such negotiations are actually taking place? Has Mr. Simpson, the 3ABN attourney, authorized this posting of yours?
Excellent question, Johann.

Yesir Myzing, would you care to answer that question?

Don't be absurd. No one needs authorization to try and get to the truth by commenting on or for questioning public posts and claims, or for merely quoting posts for informational purposes.

FYI:

Re: Tommy...
Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:28 pm UTC

Bob Pickle
    « Reply #94 on: Today at 01:02:19 PM »

Quote from: Gailon Arthur Joy on Yesterday at 09:50:45 PM
        In fact, a criminal conviction will likely enhance the civil settlement as much information will be presented that is not yet available to the pending defendants. I would propose that those revelations to most certainly come into the record at trial will result in the filling of the pants of several 3ABN directors and their insurers. Remember that Adventist Risk Management will have a serious interest to assess any liability of denominational representatives to the 3ABN board over the years.

Interesting, interesting. So a criminal conviction would likely result in a larger civil settlement.

No one but an idiot would fall for this line of thinking, imo... First "Adventist risk management", has nothing to do with employees, volunteers, officers or board members of independent ministries like 3ABN despite the bellicose blusters of Gailon Joy. The denomination never appointed nor hired any of them in that capacity, nor is it liable for them in that capacity, even if fault existed, which it doesn't.

Joy and Pickle, as usual, have missed the point.. A larger civil settlement, or any settlement from 3ABN or DS at all doesn't appear possible based on what has been made known and posted-- if that is even correct, and so much isn't.

If Alex and Adam have been telling the truth, then the tolling agreement regarding the filing of a civil case against 3ABN(including DS and the board) expires today, well before a criminal conviction or exoneration in the criminal case in VA is even possible as that case hasn't even commenced. That means no lawsuit can be filed against 3ABN after this. (After this includes after a "criminal conviction" --which itself is very doubtful.) And the fact is, if 3ABN hasn't settled since Alex and Dennis sent their letter of demand in July or August of 2010 demanding a settlement by the end of that month, and they didn't, and if they still haven't up till the end of the "alleged" tolling agreement today, and no civil case has been filed? Well sorry,3ABN accusers, but wishful thinking isn't reality, and the chances of 3ABN ever paying it's accusers money are... well... let's put it this way, they really are not good...

Seriously? You'd really rather question me about this than Alex? If so? I think you need to examine your focus and priorities...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:47:28 PM by Nosir Myzing »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2011, 02:48:24 PM »

Tommy Defender/Yesir Mizing,

What evidence do you have that a tolling agreement expires today?

What evidence do you have that that would mean a lawsuit has to be filed by today?

What is the civil statute of limitations in IL?

What evidence do you have that Risk Management would not cover denominational employees on 3ABN's board?

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »

Tommy Defender/Yesir Mizing,

What evidence do you have that a tolling agreement expires today?

What evidence do you have that that would mean a lawsuit has to be filed by today?

Are you blind? The ONLY evidence posted about this is from Adam, Alex and All of you here. Are you saying that all of that as is quoted above in post 93 is lies, or is not evidence, Robert Jude Pickle? Look again. Others will I am sure.

What is the civil statute of limitations in IL?

You , imo, act as if you know all and you are the expert, so you educate us Robert Jude Pickle. Make sure to include "tolling agreements" and how that figures into it...

What evidence do you have that Risk Management would not cover denominational employees on 3ABN's board?

Again, you act as if you are the know it all and expert who can question all, so you tell us how conference insurance and risk management covers denominational employees in their private and independent acts and activities outside of their denominational employment, and appointments. If you have a link or reference I am sure all would like to see it to educate themselves.(including myself) If not, stop being absurd and pretending all have to prove their stand and claims except yourself...

I've wasted enough time here. Answer for others if you can. I'm not going to waste my time replying further, as in my experience it only spirals downward, and gets more futile and childish where you are concerned.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:34:58 PM by Nosir Myzing »

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2011, 04:55:32 PM »

This is ridiculous. There was no specific date given on the expiration of any "tolling agreement."

It's also ridiculous to say that there is no law suit pending, or any negotiations taking place.

It's also ridiculous to ask anyone to comment on things that you know they cannot.

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2011, 05:25:30 PM »

It is great having the GREAT SURMIZER back...and now we must make our case so the Master himself can see it in plain English!!! Or is it a mere waste!!! Because regardless of how logical and clear it is, well shall we say that he will have tremendous time SURMIZING the issues with any clarity!!!

Let's start with this: Greg Simpson has a fight on his hand. Are you sure he can tackle it? Um.... I don't think so. The best thing 3ABN and Danny Shelton could have done was settled with the victims. They chose the hard road.
Yes GREAT SURMIZER, it is your counsel that broke and ran for the hills, sharing his information with key players that must be included in any comprehensive and global structured settlement. And then to try one last time to prevent the inevitable publicity holocaust just in a nick of time, but forgot to bring his wallet, or should I say 3ABN and the Directors wallets.  I am privileged to know that Manly and Anderson do not manage cases with less than eight figure potential. And eight figures (THATS TENS OF MILLIONS) it must be, but Simpson does not have those resources at his disposal at this moment.
Now, one would demand, and we will provide, point by point and day by day the basis for this outstanding value to a "non-denominational ministry" with serious financial stresses already evident as they beg nearly every break for more "love gifts".

Of course, do I not recall that your cabal once asserted that 3ABN and Danny Lee Shelton had no liability on these matters? Well, we will not only revisit the history that lead to resounding liability but how they managed to involve the Illinois Conference, the Lake Union, the North American Division and even the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and the immutable ASI and the ASI Mission Board. But, do you really want to hear it?

Coming one installment at a time, want it or not…and then we will propose how we get to a Comprehensive Global Structured Settlement!!! But none for you, Sir Mizer!!!

Great having you back, really builds the EGO to have a couple of great sparing partners.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:38:19 PM by Gailon Arthur Joy »

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2011, 06:27:53 PM »

Now, Mr Gregory,

Let’s go back and look at the results of your pacifist “victim” advocacy.

Let’s look at Linda Sue Shelton:
You repeatedly, and in tandem with the now “sainted” but disbarred Attorney Cindy, encouraged  victim  Linda take the “high road” and not get involved in litigation, an opportunity made available by DLS vs Joy, and later the absolutely outrageous conduct of 3ABN directors in Walla Walla, Washington.

She was assured that if she took the “high road” and avoided litigation she could  rebuild a ministry in the church… a church in which, once blacklisted by the powerful ASI Mission Board, you are persona non-grata.  Did you not consider this part of the equation in your victim advocacy?

Linda is now six years older, and facing retirements without a career or a retirement account, facing retirement with only her social security and her memories. She is now past the statute of limitations for all the 3ABN issues, the outrageous conduct of the Directors in Washington and is unlikely to recover much from DLS and his crafty financial find my money games.  And rumor has it there are those determined to discourage even a book!!!

Yes, she is now a victim, not only of the perpetrators but those peaceniks “victim” advocates who filled her head with fear of the unknown and the value of pacifist inactivity guaranteed to leave her a loser and DLS a successful and unchallenged perpetrator.  Accountability fades and DLS continues his shenanigans unchallenged, taking Linda’s legacy without a second thought.

Now, you would advocate the victims of Tommy Ray Shelton’s virulent activity protected by Danny Lee Shelton and the assets of 3ABN simply take their  20 pieces of silver and move on, once again vacating the accountability for Tommy Ray Shelton.

Yes, it is always easier to avoid conflict and seek “peace and safety” but in the process, there is and will be a social and community cost that is in-estimatible. And a delayed battle inevitably has a higher cost to society. It is why we have had the Stalins, Hitlers and Yamamoto’s and a cost of nearly 60 Million lives because we did not stop Hitler at the Rhine in 1936.

I reject as unprincipled the idea that victims take the money and run and let the tyrants live on. Stop them here and now!!! And forget “peace in our time”…it is impossible until the second coming and we are to be the “CHURCH MILITANT”, not the church pacifist!!!

I am frequently asked, “whose side is Gregory on???” and I can only reply that “I do not believe even he knows!!!”

And that is the view from here!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2011, 08:34:01 PM »

Seriously? You'd really rather question me about this than Alex? If so? I think you need to examine your focus and priorities...

You stated certain things as absolute facts, and it is clearly appropriate to question you as to those assertions, particularly since you, not Alex, made them.

Yet you refuse to give your evidence in support of your assertions, because, in all likelihood, you have none.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2011, 02:33:05 AM »

Gailon said:
She was assured that if she took the “high road” and avoided litigation she could  rebuild a ministry in the church… a church in which, once blacklisted by the powerful ASI Mission Board, you are persona non-grata.  Did you not consider this part of the equation in your victim advocacy?

As to Linda, you clearly do not have the full story. As to what the full story is, at this time it still remains private between she and those who know and is not for publilcation. 

Gailon said:
Now, you would advocate the victims of Tommy Ray Shelton’s virulent activity protected by Danny Lee Shelton and the assets of 3ABN simply take their  20 pieces of silver and move on, once again vacating the accountability for Tommy Ray Shelton.

Gailon, I advocate neither that they take the money aren run, nor that they go to trial.  That  is their decision and I have not advocated what they should do.  I simply stated what could happen and you know that I tell the truth.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Up