Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Columbia Union Conference Votes  (Read 17858 times)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Columbia Union Conference Votes
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »

Let me go on the PUBLIC RECORD declaring that ordination of women is the "Tip of THE ICEBURG" and predict it will be followed by a call for tolerance of practicing gays and Lesbians within the fellowship of SDA churches. We have already abrogated the concept that open "adultery" is no longer a basis for discipline or the loss of ordination, unless the party under discipline has the "INTEGRITY" of the bible standard as his basis for Faith.

And it does indeed speak for itself, just as you have spoken for YOURSELF and not the BIBLICAL standard.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Bob, so you compare the ordination of women with that of a dog and a sodomite.  Quite the comparison, which I will suggest speaks for itself.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 09:02:09 PM »

Let me go on the PUBLIC RECORD declaring that ordination of women is the "Tip of THE ICEBURG" and predict it will be followed by a call for tolerance of practicing gays and Lesbians within the fellowship of SDA churches. We have already abrogated the concept that open "adultery" is no longer a basis for discipline or the loss of ordination, unless the party under discipline has the "INTEGRITY" of the bible standard as his basis for Faith.

And it does indeed speak for itself, just as you have spoken for YOURSELF and not the BIBLICAL standard.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Bob, so you compare the ordination of women with that of a dog and a sodomite.  Quite the comparison, which I will suggest speaks for itself.

Some Adventist churches of my acquaintance (well at least one) already have tolerance where gays are concerned.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 09:24:34 PM »

There are some in ----- who ought to be men instead of boys and heavenly minded instead of earthly and sensual; but their spiritual vision has become obscured; the Saviour’s great love has not ravished their souls. He has many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now. You are children in growth and cannot comprehend the mysteries of God. When God raises up men to do His work, they are false to their trust if they allow their testimony to be shaped to please the minds of the unconsecrated. He will prepare men for the times. They will be humble, God-fearing men, not conservative, not policy men; but men who have moral independence and will move forward in the fear of the Lord. They will be kind, noble, courteous; yet they will not be swayed from the right path, but will proclaim the truth in righteousness whether men will hear or whether they will forbear. {5T 263.1}

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 05:05:06 PM »

lot of interesting stuff there.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up