Issues & Concerns Category > Womens Ordination & Related Issues

Annual Council Meetings Opens October 11, 2012

(1/7) > >>

Daryl Fawcett:
The Adventist Review on Facebook posted the following earlier today:

--- Quote ---Good Morning, AR Facebook friends. Today, the Annual Council of the world church officially begins here at the world headquarters near Washington, D.C. Hundreds of representatives and leaders from all 13 world divisions are here. If you could send a message to these world church leaders, what would you say--in 20 words or less?
--- End quote ---

This was one of the responses posted there:

--- Quote ---Emmanuel Luis Anderson Quit wasting money with irrelevant and outdated ministry, and ordain women fully, stop letting a vocal minority contribute to the antiquating and ineffectiveness of our church.
--- End quote ---

Bob Pickle:
I'm not on FaceBook. Hopefully someone has posted a message of support for the 1990 and 1995 GC Session votes.

Can Annual Council vote to go contrary to the GC Session votes? I wouldn't think that would be appropriate. The best it can do is vote to recommend something to the next GC Session.

Artiste:
You are indicating that something about the Annual Council is on Facebook?

Daryl Fawcett:
Adventist Review has a Group or Page of its own in Facebook.

Any Facebook Member can create their own Groups and Pages in Facebook.

Black SDA has their own Group in Facebook.

Administrators can be set up in each Group and Page.

I created an Adult Sabbath School Discussion Group there.

Anyway, Adventist Review is posting about the Annual Council there.   They may be posting daily updates on what is happening at Annual Council there.  Time will tell, but I will be watching that Group or Page, whatever it is.

Daryl Fawcett:
Here are more quoted responses from Adventist Review at Facebook that Johann posted over at Maritime:

--- Quote ---David Lamoreaux  Please don't divide the church by banning women's ordination where it is needed.

Cherilyn Clough  Women's equality affects the rights of women everywhere!

Ray Tetz  Hebrews 6:1-3 1 Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, 2 instruction about cleansing rites the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3 And God permitting, we will do so.

Jóhann M Thorvaldsson  We keep you all in our prayers, prayer for unity based on equalty of all in faith and in service.

Lizzy Swane  Do not rebel against the Holy Spirit's leading. A Laodicean Church will be spat out of the mouth of Christ.

DeeDee Bindernagel  Do not ask us or our leaders to turn our backs on those God is sending to finish the work.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version