General Category > General Discussions

Evolution at La Sierra?

<< < (8/9) > >>

Artiste:

--- Quote from: Johann on June 07, 2009, 02:30:27 PM ---A friend in charge of pastoral training in one of the world divisions assures me that most theologians in our Church are firm believers in the 6-day creation which is our official stand and teaching.

--- End quote ---

I've heard otherwise, but that would apply only to the North American Division.

Gailon Arthur Joy:

--- Quote from: Bob Pickle on July 09, 2011, 07:54:05 PM ---

--- Quote from: Gailon Arthur Joy on July 09, 2011, 07:17:33 PM ---Erv IS ATODAY ....
--- End quote ---

My understanding is that he isn't anymore. He's still there, but he isn't executive publisher.

--- End quote ---

And Clinton is no longer President anymore, but when Bill Speaks, they listen!!! When ERV speaks, everyone at AToday listens!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gailon Arthur Joy:
I forgot to mention that ERV TAYLor is still on the Editorial Team and is a Blog Editor as well. He is an ever present force and one committed to undermining the Faith.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

--- Quote from: Gailon Arthur Joy on July 09, 2011, 08:57:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bob Pickle on July 09, 2011, 07:54:05 PM ---

--- Quote from: Gailon Arthur Joy on July 09, 2011, 07:17:33 PM ---Erv IS ATODAY ....
--- End quote ---

My understanding is that he isn't anymore. He's still there, but he isn't executive publisher.

--- End quote ---

And Clinton is no longer President anymore, but when Bill Speaks, they listen!!! When ERV speaks, everyone at AToday listens!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

--- End quote ---

princessdi:
GJ, it takes discernment to know when to apply faith.  Some questions have very good answers, you don't need faith when you have the answer, with it being "the evidence of things unseen".  I believe we misuse faith when we are supposed know the answer and don't.   

Then there are things  that have been represented as biblical, but aren't, and we claim that you just need faith to believe them.  These things have a lot more to do with conformity within church culture, and less to do with biblical principle.  God asks for our faith, GJ, He gave us five senes and a brain, He definitely doesn't expect stupidity or continued, neverending, blissful ignorance.  Remember the Bible says to study......that takes using our brains.

--- Quote from: Gailon Arthur Joy on July 09, 2011, 07:49:45 PM ---"FAITH" is the entire answer!!! You either have Faith or you do not...no Faith, you cannot cling to the unique message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church...Faith and Study are connected...study false theology and erroneous teachings and you become what you read. Study and cling  to the Bible and the "lesser light" and Faith will become absolute and Resolute. The beauty of the interlocking message and theology, when properly studied,  brings absolute Faith in the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy and the Saviour that gave us this special message and we must cling resolutely to that Faith lest we be on the outside looking in!!!

The Bereans found the answer..."study to show theyself approved..." and you are what you study!!!
If you lack FAITH, you need to promptly change your lifestyle and immerse yourself in the message given to the Seventh-day Adventist church lest your very sould be at stake!!!

There are troubling times ahead and anyone who reads their Bible and The spirit of Prophecy recognizes where we are and where we are headed...now we need to dedicate even more time studying those specail messages put one precept upon another and asking God's divine leadership as we study that we be not turned aside from the Faith...this is quickly moving to the time of Jacobs Trouble and FAITH WILL BE THE KEY TO VICTORY.

Either Find and Have FAITH or recognize just how sandy the soil is that we stand upon and know that one cannot withstand the storm ahead.

ANd we should return to our foundational "Yours in the Blessed Faith"!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

--- Quote from: princessdi on September 04, 2009, 10:40:40 AM ---George, I tend to believe that this is generational...beginning to Baby Boomers.  When you present something as total truth to us, it had better be total truth.  We cannot find some fault in your teaching, and then you have no answer for the inaccuracies found.

With Adventism, as well as other religions, we have settled for conformity, teaching in our schools, encouraging it in our churches.  It ismuch easier not to have a ot of free-thinking folks with questions running around.  The problem is that the inaccuracies in our teachings hit them in them face the moment they step outside that "controlled" environment, and "we just have to have faith" is not always the answer. In fact it is most often not the answer.  The other unfortunate consequence is that people often make real life decsions based on information taught them as total truth.  Far too many have found that they have simply missed out on extraordinary once in a life time opportunities. 

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Gailon Arthur Joy:
The use of that Brain and our senses should not lead to the abrogation of the Foundation of Our Faith, very specifically, the ENTIRE BIBLE and the SPIRIT OF PROPHECY.

Humanism relies upon intellect and our own proud conclusions and when these collide with the Biblical record and results in the abbrogation of that Foundation, you are on sand and will be washed away with the first storm.

Denial of Faith will result in denial of the Truth in exchange for the theories and sophistries of man and will lead to into hell and damnation...the Bible Tells me so!!! And I BELIEVE IT, unwaveringly and with resolute FAITH.

I plead with you to do the same that you not be on the wrong side of that wall at the end of the Millenium.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Gailon Arthur

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version