General Category > General Discussions

Members for Church Accountability

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bob Pickle:
No. No answer yet. Perhaps --- might take a stab at answering the question, or might suggest someone else who might want to give it a try.

Gailon Arthur Joy:
Like always, it all comes down to integrity...if there is a chink in that armor then the most important issue..."what must I say to make sure I get paid again for the next thirty years until I make partner and retire?"

We have seen several former big ten accounting firms virtually disappear because billable hours over-rode integrity and the truth, and far too many victims have been left in the wake...it is a result of the virtual moral decay in western society as religion and ethics have given sway to dollars and cents!!!

Snoopy:

Very true, Mr. Joy.

Interestingly, that article even brought Stefan back out from under his rock.     :wave:

Snoopy:
Hi Steffan!!!         :puppykisses:

Happy Sabbath!!

Bob Pickle:
I asked about this story at our conference town hall meeting yesterday. The treasurer had not heard of it, but he said that over the last 4 or 5 years, audits have become much more prosecutorial, so that it seems like they are being audited by an outside firm. If I understood correctly, stricter international auditing standards are being used. There are extra controls they are having to employ in their day-to-day operations.

The story in the article, do you know if it occurred around that time period, 4 or 5 years ago, after which things started getting stricter?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version