Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Lovely Linda Shelton  (Read 35107 times)

Fran

• Veteran Member
Re: Lovely Linda Shelton
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 10:49:12 PM »

Oh, I am so sorry I did not go!  I would have loved to see all three and give them the welcome they deserve!

I don't usually go to the smut sight, but I did and posted!  I will probably be deleted!

I am so proud of them.  Back they went to face their false accusers!  I am surprised they did not get banned by the local Danny patrol! 

I would have loved to see what Brenda did!  She is the one that should be hiding her head with Danny and Walt plus others!

Did anybody get a picture?

Emma

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 03:47:47 AM »

Surely if Linda and the doctor had a 'relationship' beyond friendship they would have taken things a few steps
further way before this - technically I think both would be free to do so.

christined

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 05:34:37 AM »

Fran, I was just to the "other site" and saw that what you wrote was deleted.  :oops: Maybe you could post the "garbage" here so we can see what they can't allow others to see.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 07:47:54 AM »

So, Sunny says "4 or 5" people came up and talked to Linda? How many would be willing to guess that this is most likely a gross understatement?

Also, I wonder how Linda "incriminated" herself by showing up with the doctor? What crime did she commit?

Why did it upset so many that Linda was there to start with? If there were "well over a thousand" there, why did 3 people create such unrest? It appears that certain attendees were focused on other people rather than God.

But....these are just observations. ;)
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

anyman

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 08:49:17 AM »

DC,

That number has been corroborated by four other individuals. They are all referencing her contacts within the facility itself. If she made contacts outside the 3ABN property is not known. Might she have staked out a watch post in an area hotel where she could ambush attendees to the Campmeeting, it is reasonably possible, though no one has made that accusation.
     It is interesting to note, in regards to your second question, more than once while attending two of the weekends services, Dr. Abrahamson (sp?) was observed sitting next to Linda, but then moving one seat away from her. There was no obvious reason for such an action so one is left to draw their own conclusions. Did he move because he realized that his actions belied his claims in regards to an inappropriate relationship with Linda? Possibly, but no one, save himself, knows for sure.
     Your third question evidences your own bias. You ask, "[] why did 3 people create such unrest?" I don't think you are naive, nor lacking in intellectual capabilities, rather you approach this situation for a hyper-emotional point of view. I wonder if you would ask the same question if the scenario had been the appearance of three gang members at the funeral of a member of a rival gang whom they had killed in a drive by shooting.
    The answer to your question is obvious. Linda, arguably, could be the source of origin for the accusations made publicly by the GAJ/RP Consortium. Even if she is not, she held the influence necessary to put their endeavors on ice. Additionally, if she did attempt to put a stop to their efforts, and they refused, she still had a moral obligation to distance herself from their work, and she did not. Their direct connection to the efforts (Johann's being the most public via his postings) to vilify 3ABN, Danny Shelton, the Board of Directors, and numerous other dedicated Christians involved in the work of God automatically makes them a disruptive presence at 3ABN Campmeeting. I truly do not believe that truth is lost on you.
     Your last statement is curious. You wonder why the presence of these three individuals would be disruptive and then you appear to answer your own question. They drew peoples attention away from the messages being shared with the attendees and to themselves. In essence, they knew all eyes would be on them. This calls into question their motives. They are intelligent, they knew what the result would be, so why would they intentionally take action that would draw minds and hearts away from the message of God's love?

anyman

So, Sunny says "4 or 5" people came up and talked to Linda? How many would be willing to guess that this is most likely a gross understatement?

Also, I wonder how Linda "incriminated" herself by showing up with the doctor? What crime did she commit?

Why did it upset so many that Linda was there to start with? If there were "well over a thousand" there, why did 3 people create such unrest? It appears that certain attendees were focused on other people rather than God.

But....these are just observations. ;)

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 09:05:50 AM »

anyman,

It might be good for the people to get used to seeing Linda again as she would be the better take over as DS and Brandy crumble in their bread ($$).

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »

It is interesting to note, in regards to your second question, more than once while attending two of the weekends services, Dr. Abrahamson (sp?) was observed sitting next to Linda, but then moving one seat away from her. There was no obvious reason for such an action so one is left to draw their own conclusions. Did he move because he realized that his actions belied his claims in regards to an inappropriate relationship with Linda? Possibly, but no one, save himself, knows for sure.

So based on that logic, I guess I have had an "inappropriate relationship"...??... with any man I have ever sat next to in church...??...???  Or is that actually considered "spiritual adultery"??  Hey - maybe that is what "spiritual adultery" really is!!  It means sitting next to a member of the opposite sex in church!!

Uh-oh.

childoftheking

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 09:15:05 AM »

When a person has been publicly humilated it is often healing to return to the scene of one's trauma. Just to be able to return with one's head up, facing those who caused his or her pain and forgiving them can do much to help one deal with post traumatic stress.  (as in Corrie TenBoom's book) Obviously Linda did not try to make an uproar. Why in the world are the worst possible motives always attributed to her when her actions do not bear that out. Reminds me of the paranoia of the Jim Jones, Jonestown minset. 

And why do they always think she can control everyone else's actions. She can't control mine. My focus for one has always been just to determine the truth. If the facts and documentation had borne out the accusations against her, believe me I would have posted it.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 09:29:11 AM »

anyman, someone in Florida told me that the rumor was that Walt Thompson's son was let go for an inappropriate relationship, though they also said they weren't sure because kids will talk and don't always get their facts straight.

Now if Walt Thompson's son's conduct has always been stellar and beyond reproach, then I might more easily buy into the idea that anyman is truly concerned about the impropriety of two people sitting next to each other around four years after Danny allegedly gave Linda grounds for remarriage after he allegedly engaged in OS outside of wedlock.

Maybe that's another reason why Danny wanted the lawsuit dismissed, come to think of it. Would he really want Pickle pro se asking him questions about OS on the witness stand? Not that I would want to do that. But he did put the general topic into the lawsuit.

Let's get the facts straight: Danny's failure to deny the OS allegations suggests that Danny around four years ago gave Linda the moral right to sit next to any man she chose to sit next to.

GRAT

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 09:47:17 AM »

If this was a public meeting where the public was invited and all there are claiming to be God's children who love everyone then why would only 3 or 4 people speak to her.  Was that showing the real character of those attending and those who were in charge? 

childoftheking

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 09:51:25 AM »

Since they were being watched so closely perhaps they were afraid of being fired or their reputations trashed if they greeted Linda. Not that that sort of thing has happened before of course.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2009, 11:24:40 AM »

If this was a public meeting where the public was invited and all there are claiming to be God's children who love everyone then why would only 3 or 4 people speak to her.  Was that showing the real character of those attending and those who were in charge? 

I was think the same thing, GRAT, but I couldn't articulate it as well as you did.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »

The True character of all of 3ABN was showing!

Where was forgiveness?  Danny and Brandy and the board should have greeted them with open arms!  They should have invited Linda to sing!  Danny was sheltered and allowed to be the true adulterer in this situation.  He was allowed to be on TV and never repent!

Linda came with greetings to members there.  Where was 3ABN with their forgiveness.  Linda did not cause all this mess!  Danny did!

3ABN is not Gods vessel of forgiveness at all!  Never has been!  They are still breaking people, not healing for sure.  They showed me they lack true Christianity.  I truly see them being downright evil!

May God use his power to continue to reveal the hatred and evilness of 3ABN, Danny, Brandy and Danny's followers!

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »

The Bible teaches us about the prodigal son.  One son left home and took money with him.  Years passed and he decided to come home.  The father killed the fatted calf and had a big feist!  He celebrated the return of His son.

Why wasn't Linda, the doctor, and Johann accepted with open arms?  Did they have a celebration?  No, all they can do after 5 years is still spread hate and lies!  I am so disgusted it is unread!

This is like stabbing me on the heart because I am undone buy the courage of all three of them.  They are exhibits of Christ!  Linda, Johann, and the doctor have broken my heart with love for their fellow man.  I praise God he accepts them as they are, and knows they are innocent of any wrong doing what so ever!  They are the true example of my Jesus. :amen:

Then there is 3ABN.  Out to save a dying world!  NOT!  They are too worried about who sat by whom for how long.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:16:47 PM by Fran »

Johann

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 01:11:37 PM »

For several days I have not had access to the Internet. I find it interesting now to find an account of our visit to the 3ABN Camp meeting. It is not surprising that some of the information given is not accurate. Who would expect truthfulness from those quarters?

Dr. Walter Thompson came to us twice and told us we were welcome, and he even added the second time that we were always welcome. So we may come back less than 5 years form now. He also wanted to know if we had any special reason to be there. We told him it was now five years since we had been at a 3ABN Camp Meeting, and that we had returned to "celebrate".

Walt admitted that 3ABN had encountered serious difficulties. We told him that such a ministry will meet difficulties as long as they spread falsehood, because the Lord cannot add His blessings to such untruthfulness.  I told Walt that I know the Lord will some day show him what honesty is.

Anyman tries to inform you how many people spoke to Linda. Was he watching us all the time? I can tell you that we were watching Danny Shelton for quite a while, and would you believe it that more than twice as many people came to talk to Linda during that time than those who wanted to talk to Danny.

Linda and I ran into Pastor John Lomacang as well. Soon after his wife joined us. I reminded them I had been at 3ABN when they first arrived, and I had thought of them as such a nice couple, until. . . They remembered our first meeting, and Mrs. Lomacang tried to assure us they still were a nice couöle. John said something about things being very complicated. He seemed so disturbed he wanted to disappear, but his wife insisted on staying and hearing more. It was such a surprise to her that Linda had never been given the opportunity to defend herself against all the false accusations leveled at her, neither by the board nor the church. She wanted to know why? Linda told her how Danny had ordered her to stay away because it would be of no use to her, since they had all the answers anyhow. This was too much for John, and he finally managed to get his wife away so she would not be exposed to more. Truth can hurt when it hits in a sore spot.

Quite enlightening!!!

Linda warned one of those who wanted to talk to her that Mollie was watching intently, so it might endanger her employment. But that did not deter this person from wanting to talk to Linda.

It was encouraging meeeting people right there at the 3ABN Camp Meeting who had watched the whole drama right from the beginning, people who stated that the speed with which Linda was expelled with what looked like vengeance, showed clearly that someone had an agenda against her which was not honorable.

On my way home I was pondering why some of those people in high positions had so long been telling lies. The words of another wife to someone still in a high position at 3ABN were ringing in my ear. In spite of the welcome by Walt she said clearly and loudly that Linda with all of her lies was not welcome. What lies? Has any of them ever been able to point out a single lie that Linda has uttered? Thus far I have never had them point at anything she has said that is not true, nor have they succeeded in proving it.

Is there an excuse? Yes there is, provided you have a greater belief in expediency than in following the example and teachings of Jesus Christ. Those who tell the truth may loose what they like to keep.

John Lomacang might well have lost his job if he had stuck to the truth rather than defending his boss.

Dr. Walter Thompson might not be the chairman of the board now if he had not defended his president.

Millions have lost their lives because the Words of Christ meant more to them than following their church leaders. Scripture refers to the time we are approaching as the time of trouble. It tells us that there might well be trouble in ministries we have loved and admired. Do we worship God or the ministries?

Some might still be hiding. It was dark outside when we went to the car. Suddenly I heard a voice out of the darkness,  but did I hear right? Then it was repeated: "Johann!" It was a clear call. I looked into the shadow and as my eyes got used to the dark I saw a whole family standing there. There was one of those men I had not always agreed with while I was working for 3ABN, but I know he was a kind man. I know he has devoted his whole life, his knowledge, his energy, to what he believed was a true ministry, and which is still proclaiming a great deal of the Advent Message for today. There we stood and embraced each other in the dark. The father, the mother, and then also the children.

- You want to see Linda too, don't you?  Yes, they sure did, and so they moved in the darkness to the car where Linda was, and each of them embraced Linda whom they had not talked to for more than five years. Just like Nicodemus they came out in the dark. That whole family escaped the count of the reporter cited elsewhere.

Are you still asking if the visit to the 3ABN Camp Meeting five years later was worth the trouble? Thank God, it was!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up