Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Why, oh Why.....  (Read 34820 times)

christian

Re: Why, oh Why.....
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »

While it is true that others may believe they are right while at the same time worshiping baal; by the way David was a king not a priest, somehow people forget that. Howbeit we are talking about false teachers and preachers who assume to be the mouth piece for the voice of the Lord. Again, the Lord had appointed in the Kingdom of Israel priest to lead the people in the ways of the Lord. Yes, but again David was an example of all who have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God yet forever seek forgiveness and honour at the end of the day. Sorry my writing is disjointed but I have been working like for 18 straight hours (lol). Okay so Princess lets see if you can figuire out what I am trying to say (smile)

Christian , when you are aupposed to be the leader of the People of God, you lead your by words  AND by example.  Your actions speak a whole lot louder than your words.  While David may not have conned money or verbally misguided the people, but he did have Bethshebaq brought to him, by his words and had her husband killed.......by the word of the King, David.  You think when David wwas running from Absolom, the country was not in disarray, the COI were not affected?  You don't believe that David's actions were not a stumbling block?  How much more destructive can anyone's words be? He definitely mislead them by example.  Take his son Solomon, the country went into serious moral decline because of Solomon's actions.   You can't make the distinction because you disagree with the televangelists theology.  He believe his doctrine to be as biblically sound as you believe yours to be.

For the record, both are equally wrong, because they have taken the charge tobe spiritual leaders of the people of God, and have failed them by their actions.  However, the story we get from David is that God is merciful and forgiving, and like the rest of us they can fall down, and get up and walk in the glory of God. We dont' need to sugar coat David's story because we know the overall lession is a positive one.

David as recorded in the bible was a man of God as the bible would state. As I have stated many time (most people) do not understand what the word of God is trying to say about David. David never lead the people astray except on two occasions numbering the Children of Israel (Satan stood up against him) and in the matter of Uriah and the Lord records with the exception of what he did, had done to Uriah, would say David was a man after his own heart . The television evangelist that we have have a false message from God neither have rightly divided the truth, or stood for the complete truth. I did a study on the pagan religions and very many of them were very close to the Christian religion in worship and practice. Often we think it such a strange thing that king Ahab would see the pagans and after God had blessed him to destroy them copy them and their style of worship. God was not trying to justify or excuse the personal faults of David but rather magnify the fact that David did not lead the children of Israel into rebellion against God. You cannot lump these people and their false message into the same category as David and him being lead by God. These men and woman are murdering more people than David ever did murder and in the judgment you will see that their crimes are far far worse. They in essence have put a stumbling block in front of the people and so distorted the message that many will never recover from it.

Sorry Guys, Ihave to go "there" on this one........One question, christian.  Do you believe that David was every a Man of God?  I mean he not only had an affair, but a child with this married woman and killed her husband.   I haven't read where any of these men went as far as murder yet?  Can we really make this kindof judgement?

That said, I had to laugh when he and his wife(who made th announcement on their network) said with all the righteous indignation they could muster, that they could not believe the blackmailers would ask for that much of the Lord's money.   LOL!!!

The problem, as I see it is this; these men were never the men of God from the beginning. We, lost souls, heap to ourselves men and women confessing to be leaders when in fact they a wolves in sheep's clothing. Then in the end when they finally show there fangs we say "see what happen to the man of God." Meek and lowly of heart they have never been from the beginning riding around in luxury cars and flying on jets with the approval of the masses that want to do the same thing just don't have the money. We, the fools don't realize that 99% lie is still a lie. The prosperity message and the like preach and lived by the majority of these men and women have there origin in the pits of hell, it is Satan that said he will be like God and own everything himself. God in his wisdom reveals the true character of the false prophits and we uphold them to the end like the rebellious children of Israel upheld the cousin (or uncle) of Moses, who God had not chosen. They to a very large extent are creating people in there own image, with the desire to gain worldly wealth instead of the precious heavenly wealth that last forever. Open your eyes and see what is directly in front of you these people are the exact opposites of God (Jesus) the example that was here on earth. Jesus would say "foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nest but the son of man does not have a place to lay his head."

OK?   I saw this on Good Morning America this morning.

You know that pastors, evangelists, and especially televengelist who reach millions of people daily, are on the front lines, so to speak.  I believe that the enemy has more intense and most evil plots for them.  Of course, this by no means takes away their responsiblity to 'walk circumspectly(sp)", but I know that the enemy's plan is to take all those millions down along with that evangelist, or as many as he can. 

This is why it is soooo important to point people to Christ, and not to man, not even the pastor.  Also, to take seriously the name "CHRISTian" when we take it on, as it will be the first "Christ" most people will see and maybe for a long while to come in some areas, as they grow in Christ themselves.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 12:12:22 AM »

Preach that!   

Danny Shelton is neither no more nor no less than everyone of us (you and I) could be but for the grace of God.

All of us (you and I) could descend to the actions that we charge Danny Shelton with performing and go beyond those.  We deceive ourselves if we think that absent the grace of God in our lives we would never do such. Without the grace of God in our lives, there is no limit to what we could do.

If we think that either association with the SDA Church, or actively proclaiming it's message, will protect us from such folly, we either forget or are not aware that the history of our denomination demonstrates the falsity of such a premise.

Does this mean that we excuse the sin of others?  No!  Sin has it's consequences--both logical and natural.  Let us remember that the response that we make to what we see in others is a statement as to the response that believe should be made to us should we also fall into similar sin.

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 12:21:17 AM »

...yes he did(loads of times), but in this case ONLY after he was "caught".  Did he know what he was doing was wrong all along?  of course, but he acted as if it was the thing to do until God sent the Prophet to him.  What does that say?  Now I know the issues is that TS and DS don't' seem to be repenten in the very least, even after being caught, but let's still not minimize David's issues.  Don't get me wrong he is defintitely one of my favorites Bible characters, but because of the goodness, faithfulness, and grace of God, even when David was nto acting like a man after God's own heart, God still saw him that way.  Is there a lesson somewhere is there for us?

Look it up.  David spen a week on his face before the Lord. 1 John 1:9.

Harold
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »

It is a song by Donnie McClurkin.  "We fall down, but we get up"  simple but great song.  Amen, Mrst!

There was a song out a few years ago and some of the words were " we get up". The gist of the song was that as Christians when we fail,with the help of Jesus Christ, we get back up and keep going. That's the only way we can make it. Without Jesus, we are lost. It doesn't mean we deliberately sin, but when we do, we ask for forgiveness and  keep on going.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 12:30:16 AM »

I totally understand what you are trying to say, no worries!  Howqever, I will add that David was a King annointed and chosen by God Himself, not at all like Saul chosen by the people.  I believe there is a difference, and David should have been more keenly aware of that fact.  He was chosen to lead the then Chosen People of God, grapping married girlfriend, knockingher up,a nd killing her husband, was just not the thing to do and David knew that long before the Prophet came, but tried to get away with it, right?

While it is true that others may believe they are right while at the same time worshiping baal; by the way David was a king not a priest, somehow people forget that. Howbeit we are talking about false teachers and preachers who assume to be the mouth piece for the voice of the Lord. Again, the Lord had appointed in the Kingdom of Israel priest to lead the people in the ways of the Lord. Yes, but again David was an example of all who have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God yet forever seek forgiveness and honour at the end of the day. Sorry my writing is disjointed but I have been working like for 18 straight hours (lol). Okay so Princess lets see if you can figuire out what I am trying to say (smile)

Sorry Guys, Ihave to go "there" on this one........One question, christian.  Do you believe that David was every a Man of God?  I mean he not only had an affair, but a child with this married woman and killed her husband.   I haven't read where any of these men went as far as murder yet?  Can we really make this kindof judgement?

That said, I had to laugh when he and his wife(who made th announcement on their network) said with all the righteous indignation they could muster, that they could not believe the blackmailers would ask for that much of the Lord's money.   LOL!!!

The problem, as I see it is this; these men were never the men of God from the beginning. We, lost souls, heap to ourselves men and women confessing to be leaders when in fact they a wolves in sheep's clothing. Then in the end when they finally show there fangs we say "see what happen to the man of God." Meek and lowly of heart they have never been from the beginning riding around in luxury cars and flying on jets with the approval of the masses that want to do the same thing just don't have the money. We, the fools don't realize that 99% lie is still a lie. The prosperity message and the like preach and lived by the majority of these men and women have there origin in the pits of hell, it is Satan that said he will be like God and own everything himself. God in his wisdom reveals the true character of the false prophits and we uphold them to the end like the rebellious children of Israel upheld the cousin (or uncle) of Moses, who God had not chosen. They to a very large extent are creating people in there own image, with the desire to gain worldly wealth instead of the precious heavenly wealth that last forever. Open your eyes and see what is directly in front of you these people are the exact opposites of God (Jesus) the example that was here on earth. Jesus would say "foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nest but the son of man does not have a place to lay his head."

You know that pastors, evangelists, and especially televengelist who reach millions of people daily, are on the front lines, so to speak.  I believe that the enemy has more intense and most evil plots for them.  Of course, this by no means takes away their responsiblity to 'walk circumspectly(sp)", but I know that the enemy's plan is to take all those millions down along with that evangelist, or as many as he can. 

This is why it is soooo important to point people to Christ, and not to man, not even the pastor.  Also, to take seriously the name "CHRISTian" when we take it on, as it will be the first "Christ" most people will see and maybe for a long while to come in some areas, as they grow in Christ themselves.

[/quote]
[/quote]

childoftheking

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 04:35:01 AM »

There are those who fall to temptation and get up (repent) and there are those for whom cherished sin is a way of llife. They love to wallow in the mire but think that their good works balance out their bad works and so they think they are ok.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 7:22

The thing that amazes me about this is that it implies that they actually did wonderful miracles, that they were spokesmen or prophets for God and did cast out devils and that they worked hard for God. It implies that their work was good work. But this didn't earn them salvation because God says He never knew them. Wrong motives for their work? Clinging to sin? Not loving others as themselves? Not loving the Lord with all their heart and soul? Pride?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:43:08 AM by childoftheking »

HaroldT

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 05:45:38 AM »

When someone firmily believes that he is doing the will of God, no matter what, no amount of talk can change his mind.
Harold

Johann

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 07:35:07 AM »

An Icelandic Supreme Court lawyer told me today that if you are able to convince the Supreme Court that what you have told them is the truth, there is no power which can revert that, regardless of how much you lied.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 11:24:44 AM »

The greatest enemy of truth, is firmly held conviction.

When someone firmily believes that he is doing the will of God, no matter what, no amount of talk can change his mind.
Harold

christian

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »

Which one do you understand princess the 18 hours of no sleep or the part about David (smile). Again, as you have stated David was chosen by God to be king not a priest. And you are right but Danny is not David though there names both start with D. And the televangelist are not kings even though they act like they are sometimes. You cannot apply situations to circumstances that do not apply, I mean you can if you want but you will reach a wrong conclusion.

I totally understand what you are trying to say, no worries!  Howqever, I will add that David was a King annointed and chosen by God Himself, not at all like Saul chosen by the people.  I believe there is a difference, and David should have been more keenly aware of that fact.  He was chosen to lead the then Chosen People of God, grapping married girlfriend, knockingher up,a nd killing her husband, was just not the thing to do and David knew that long before the Prophet came, but tried to get away with it, right?

[/quote]
[/quote]

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 11:51:14 AM »

Both, Christian.  I understand your point about David, but I just disagree.  If he was annointed by God to lead His people, then David had the same responsiblity as the priensts to walk in that annointing.  The standrads are not different.  We know this because even though proclaimed by God to be a "man after His own heart", he paid dearly in consequences for his actions and/or lack thereof.   Because he did not walk in that annointing.  David was not saved from the consequences of his sins. While being a extrememly blessed as warrior/king, David's household was a complete mess.  He was not a good father or husband, and his household showed it. 

I am really moving beyond titles, and talking about the most important thing which is that when God annoints us to do a job for Him, we are representative of Him, and we need to act like it.  Especially when it comes to any kind of leadership position.  David did not get a pass of the area of morals, because God annointed him a "political" leader and not a priest.  The expectations are the same in how we represent God.

I don't believe there is anyone here that will argue with the fact that God did annoint and appoint Danny(and Linda) to start 3ABN.  The ministry will still continue to bring souls to Christ, because it is God' plan, not Danny's.  So it will prosper, in spite of Danny's failings.  And yes, it is the same fo Danny.  He was annointed and appointed to do a work for Christ.  He fail to continue to walk in that annointing and be a good respresentative for God. No matter the title or job, when we are to represent God, once again, the expectation is the same.

Which one do you understand princess the 18 hours of no sleep or the part about David (smile). Again, as you have stated David was chosen by God to be king not a priest. And you are right but Danny is not David though there names both start with D. And the televangelist are not kings even though they act like they are sometimes. You cannot apply situations to circumstances that do not apply, I mean you can if you want but you will reach a wrong conclusion.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 01:47:56 PM »

I appoint myself to annoint myself. I done been appointed and annointed. And the annointing is upon me, as the appointed one, so if you can say amen to that, I appoint you as annointed.

christian

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 09:14:16 PM »

Princess,

Both, Christian.  I understand your point about David, but I just disagree.  If he was annointed by God to lead His people, then David had the same responsiblity as the priensts to walk in that annointing.  The standrads are not different.  We know this because even though proclaimed by God to be a "man after His own heart", he paid dearly in consequences for his actions and/or lack thereof.   Because he did not walk in that annointing.  David was not saved from the consequences of his sins. While being a extrememly blessed as warrior/king, David's household was a complete mess.  He was not a good father or husband, and his household showed it. 

I am really moving beyond titles, and talking about the most important thing which is that when God annoints us to do a job for Him, we are representative of Him, and we need to act like it.  Especially when it comes to any kind of leadership position.  David did not get a pass of the area of morals, because God annointed him a "political" leader and not a priest.  The expectations are the same in how we represent God.

I don't believe there is anyone here that will argue with the fact that God did annoint and appoint Danny(and Linda) to start 3ABN.  The ministry will still continue to bring souls to Christ, because it is God' plan, not Danny's.  So it will prosper, in spite of Danny's failings.  And yes, it is the same fo Danny.  He was annointed and appointed to do a work for Christ.  He fail to continue to walk in that annointing and be a good respresentative for God. No matter the title or job, when we are to represent God, once again, the expectation is the same.

christian

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »

Princess,

I now understand you and your point of view I just disagree. I don't know as a fact that God appointed or anointed Danny or Linda to do anything. Now I see some reasoning to the fact that 3abn has enlightened and brought some to a realization of the sabbath and ten commandments. Does God sometimes use people who are not qualified or fit to pass his message yes, but whether God anointed or appointed them to that task is another thing. As to whether 3ABN is God's plan is also another point of debate and in my eyes is not a fact. The fact that something or someone is is not in and of itself proof of Gods leading or Gods anointing or appointed will. There are multitudes of individuals who proclaim to be anointed and they preach and souls are brought to the kingdom of God who absolutely have never been anointed or appointed to do Gods will (except in their own tiny minds). I am sure we both will be shocked to find out the truth as to what God actually ordained or had a hand in when we meet him in the air. 

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 09:53:28 PM »

Amen, bro! Anyone can appoint themselves as an annointed one. It is very easy to memorize the words and phrases that people react to. In matters of religion and politics people are emotionally charged, and that is something very easy to take advantage of. Music and prayer bypass the part of our brains that exist on logic. phraseology that touches on the foundations of a belief system do the same. And the faithful flock together to call the self-appointed one, the annointed one. They see the signs and here the words that they are programmed to follow, and they can do nothing else. It is what it is.

Christian , when you are aupposed to be the leader of the People of God, you lead your by words  AND by example.  Your actions speak a whole lot louder than your words.  While David may not have conned money or verbally misguided the people, but he did have Bethshebaq brought to him, by his words and had her husband killed.......by the word of the King, David.  You think when David wwas running from Absolom, the country was not in disarray, the COI were not affected?  You don't believe that David's actions were not a stumbling block?  How much more destructive can anyone's words be? He definitely mislead them by example.  Take his son Solomon, the country went into serious moral decline because of Solomon's actions.   You can't make the distinction because you disagree with the televangelists theology.  He believe his doctrine to be as biblically sound as you believe yours to be.

For the record, both are equally wrong, because they have taken the charge tobe spiritual leaders of the people of God, and have failed them by their actions.  However, the story we get from David is that God is merciful and forgiving, and like the rest of us they can fall down, and get up and walk in the glory of God. We dont' need to sugar coat David's story because we know the overall lession is a positive one.

David as recorded in the bible was a man of God as the bible would state. As I have stated many time (most people) do not understand what the word of God is trying to say about David. David never lead the people astray except on two occasions numbering the Children of Israel (Satan stood up against him) and in the matter of Uriah and the Lord records with the exception of what he did, had done to Uriah, would say David was a man after his own heart . The television evangelist that we have have a false message from God neither have rightly divided the truth, or stood for the complete truth. I did a study on the pagan religions and very many of them were very close to the Christian religion in worship and practice. Often we think it such a strange thing that king Ahab would see the pagans and after God had blessed him to destroy them copy them and their style of worship. God was not trying to justify or excuse the personal faults of David but rather magnify the fact that David did not lead the children of Israel into rebellion against God. You cannot lump these people and their false message into the same category as David and him being lead by God. These men and woman are murdering more people than David ever did murder and in the judgment you will see that their crimes are far far worse. They in essence have put a stumbling block in front of the people and so distorted the message that many will never recover from it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up