Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: IS the litigation Biblical, Part 2, Biblical aspects.  (Read 16578 times)

Gregory

• Veteran Member
IS the litigation Biblical, Part 2, Biblical aspects.
« on: August 21, 2008, 07:54:55 AM »

The Biblical teachings in regard to settling conflict generally are found in Matthew 18:15-19, Romans 13:1-7and in I Corinthians 6: 1-8.

The basic teachings of Matthew 18:15-19 include:

1)   Conflicts between church members should be settled within the church and by the church.

2)   There is nothing in this passage that suggests that the church can settle disputes where one of the parties is not a SDA, nor when an organization is not controlled by the denomination.

The basic teachings of Romans 13:1-7 include:

1)   Civil governments are established by God.

2)   Christians are subject to the rule of   civil governments as long as that rule does not violate God’s teachings.

3)   Civil governments have priority in civil matters such as the payment of taxes.  They establish the requirement to pay taxes and Christians must abide by that.

The basic teachings of I Corinthians 6: 1-6 include:

1)   The thrust of this passage is to deal with disputes between church members.  As in the Matthew passage it does not deal with a non-church member, or with an organization that is not controlled by the denomination.

2)   Vs. 1 deals with taking a dispute before the “ungodly.”  It should be noted that in the time this was written the judges were pagan.  I am not prepared to say that all civil judges in society today are pagan/ungodly.  As a matter of fact, many judges are Christians even if not SDA.  I am not prepared to call a Christian Baptist judge an ungodly person.

3)   Vs 3 suggests that one part of the context of this passage is a “trivial case.”  I am well aware that it could be debated as to the meaning of that verse.  But, I ask you: Do the parties to this litigation believe that the matters being litigated are trivial?  I think not.

4)   Vs. 4 states that in dealing with a trivial matter people of “little account” could be appointed in the church to deal with such a matter.  Again the meaning of that could be debated.  In any case, I will suggest that there is a principle that the people appointed to judge in a matter should be equal to the task.  In a trivial matter people of great knowledge and wisdom would not be needed.  In matters of great import people of knowledge and wisdom would be needed.

5)   Vs. 5 brings in another issue when it says:  “Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers?”  Here is a clear statement that the dispute is between members.  It asks if the dispute is complex enough that there would not be wise people in the church able to resolve it.  Well, in 1st Cent. Palestine that might have been true.  In modern society it would often not be true.  I suspect that the Thompsonville congregation did not have people within its membership competent to judge complex issues of trademark, copyright on the Internet, IRS issues and more.  In fairness to the accused parties, could it have judged the alleged behavior of a non-SDA?  Could it have judged alleged criminal conduct in a manner that would have been fair to all?  I do not think so.

I personally consider the issue above to be a major issue:  If a local congregation is to investigate charges against another the people who make the decisions should be competent, knowledgeable, fair and have the authority to make final decisions.  In our modern society it is often not the case where the local congregation (or any other level of the church) has the ability to do that.  As one example, in cases that involve insurance matters the local congregation has neither authority nor ability to enforce a decision.

Because of this lack of competent authority to decide, resolve and enforce the issues I believe that the lawsuit that 3-ABN and Danny Shelton filed does not violate Biblical teachings painful as that may be.  That lawsuit deals with issues that lie within the prevue of the civil government and it is within Biblical teachings for people who believe that they have been wronged to take their issues to the civil authorities for settlement.

NOTE: Even at this late date the parties to the lawsuit are not prevented from reaching a settlement outside of further litigation.  Such will not likely give anyone everything that they want.  But, continued litigation may not give anyone everything either—or it may.  No one really knows.  Sometimes it is best to get one-half of a pie rather than to get nothing.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: IS the litigation Biblical, Part 2, Biblical aspects.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »

The truth of the matter is that 3ABN and Danny Shelton did not try to resolve the issues outside of litigation. That, regardless of how one looks at the various issues, was unbiblical and wrong.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 09:38:39 AM »

Bob:

Back up and carefuly consider what you are posting.

As you well know there was a failed attempt to resolve issues that invovled ASI and Harold Lance.

Yes, that attempt failed, but it was an attempt.

Yes, I will say that the responsibility for the failure rests in part on the people involved.  But, even with responsisbiliy there was an attempt.

I have some opininons in regard to the attempt by ASI and the reasons for the failure.  I may post more on this later, perhaps a Part 3.  But, with failure there was an atempt.

As a matter of fact, there has been more than one attempt (more than two) to resolve the issues.  Each one has failed.  Again, in my opinion the responsibility for the failure rests upon the people involved.

The ASI attempt failed in part because it was to general.  That is to say it attempted to deal with to many issues at once.  Some people attempted to  limit and others attempted to expand it.  Agreement could nto be reeached aong the parties as to what issues to deal with.  It might have been better to have dwelt with the multitude of issues in a serial fashon--pick one leave the rest alone and when that had been decided move on to another.  But, that did not happen.  Since that failure there have been some who have  attempted to deal with specific issues and the only people involved in thise discussions have been those who were a party to the specific issues, others have not been aware of the discuession.  Yes, everyone of which I am aware has also failed.  Again, the responsibility rests upon the people involved.  In no way can you say that no attempts have been made prior to litigation.  Attempts were made prior to litigation and after litigation began.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 12:42:57 PM »

I disagree. I do not think the ASI process was an attempt on the part of Danny and 3ABN to resolve the issues.

First of all, there really wasn't a need to involve ASI if Danny and 3ABN had wanted to resolve the issues.

Second, the 3ABN Board voted to restrict the investigation, and then no one told us that for 10 weeks.

Third, Harold Lance used a go-between to contact Linda rather than Gailon. If this was really an attempt to resolve the issues outside of litigation, why in the world did he do that?

The above thoughts are based on the fact that someone connected with the GC asked ASI to look into the issues Gailon had uncovered, and the issues that individual understood would be considered definitely included the child molestation allegations against Tommy. Therefore, those allegations should have been on the table, and Gailon should have been contacted. At the very least, if there had been a change of plans, Walt, Danny, or Harold should have had the Christian courtesy to contact us and tell us rather than leave us hanging so long.

Then you have Danny's own statements that indicate that he was going to use the ASI process as a smokescreen to make everything else go away.

As far as Duffy's letter goes, I don't think an attorney who in essence says, "SHUT UP!!!!" is really attempting to resolve the issues.

Lastly, I know of no indication that Danny was really climbing on the litigation train until Walt Thompson spilled the beans on who told him what regarding the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations. That was after the ASI process got going, so it would be hard to imagine that the ASI process was really an attempt to resolve issues that didn't even exist until after that process had already commenced.

Perhaps I am wrong and Danny really was thinking about suing before Thanksgiving 2006? Suing over the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations?

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »

I disagree. I do not think the ASI process was an attempt on the part of Danny and 3ABN to resolve the issues.

First of all, there really wasn't a need to involve ASI if Danny and 3ABN had wanted to resolve the issues.

Second, the 3ABN Board voted to restrict the investigation, and then no one told us that for 10 weeks.

Third, Harold Lance used a go-between to contact Linda rather than Gailon. If this was really an attempt to resolve the issues outside of litigation, why in the world did he do that?

The above thoughts are based on the fact that someone connected with the GC asked ASI to look into the issues Gailon had uncovered, and the issues that individual understood would be considered definitely included the child molestation allegations against Tommy. Therefore, those allegations should have been on the table, and Gailon should have been contacted. At the very least, if there had been a change of plans, Walt, Danny, or Harold should have had the Christian courtesy to contact us and tell us rather than leave us hanging so long.

Then you have Danny's own statements that indicate that he was going to use the ASI process as a smokescreen to make everything else go away.

As far as Duffy's letter goes, I don't think an attorney who in essence says, "SHUT UP!!!!" is really attempting to resolve the issues.

Lastly, I know of no indication that Danny was really climbing on the litigation train until Walt Thompson spilled the beans on who told him what regarding the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations. That was after the ASI process got going, so it would be hard to imagine that the ASI process was really an attempt to resolve issues that didn't even exist until after that process had already commenced.

Perhaps I am wrong and Danny really was thinking about suing before Thanksgiving 2006? Suing over the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations?

Bob, this is a classic example of why your reasoning skills are losing credibility with some.

"Then you have Danny's own statements that indicate that he was going to use the ASI process as a smokescreen to make everything else go away."

What did Danny actually say (and was his email posted in its entirety on save-3abn?):

As you know we are letting ASI handle the situation regarding my divorce from Linda.

Did I have biblical grounds for my part in the divorce of Linda and me.

Many lies have been spread by Linda and others using people like Gailon Joy and others.

According to you and Gailon and several others, the 3ABN leadership including myself, have covered up my wrong doing by making Linda the scape goat.

Either this is true or it is not. Much has been said by Johann, Arild, Barbara K. and people who didn't even know Linda and me.

ASI will decide who is doing the cover up. Somebody is lying! After hearing the testimony and evidence from both sides ASI will make a decision. Should ASI decide that the 3ABN board and myself did not "scapegoat Linda" to cover up my sins, then, in my opinion it will become obvious to the public that maybe many of these other accusations are lies also.

If on the other hand ASI decides that me and the 3ABN board covered up my sins to scapegoat Linda, then I believe that it will become obvious that I am probably lying when I deny many of the other accusations coming from Linda and her group.

That's why I choose to wait until ASI handles this huge issue of mine and Linda's divorce before answering questions of all the other accusations manufactured by Linda, Gailon, Derrell Johann, Barbara Kerr and others who have or has had an ax to grind with 3ABN.

For every person accusing me and 3ABN of doing wrong I can show thousands who will testify of all the good that 3ABN in doing including nearly all of it's employees.

Danny

IMO it is a real stretch to manipulate the words of this partial email into any form that would indicate that Danny Shelton was going to use the ASI process as a smokescreen to make everything else go away. 

I believe his words are very clear in their meaning.  He was planning to let the ASI process  review the evidence and decide who was lying.

It would be of interest to see not only the complete email but also the email he was responding to.  Perhaps then the the conclusions one could logically draw would be different.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

anyman

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 06:15:19 PM »

IMO it is a real stretch to manipulate the words of this partial email into any form that would indicate that Danny Shelton was going to use the ASI process as a smokescreen to make everything else go away. 

I believe his words are very clear in their meaning.  He was planning to let the ASI process  review the evidence and decide who was lying.

It would be of interest to see not only the complete email but also the email he was responding to.  Perhaps then the the conclusions one could logically draw would be different.

Spot on! Over and over Mr. Robert Pickle has edited, manipulated, misrepresented, and misconstrued the words of others in an effort to make himself look right . . . as for providing context by posting emails in their entirety - that won't happen. To do so would mean trusting people to be intelligent and have the ability to discern the truth of the exchanges. As it is Mr. Robert Pickle has been able to mislead many with his "interpretation" of what is being said. In other words - there is no honesty in his presentation and redundant, repetitious posting (NLP) techniques.

Mr. Robert Pickle doesn't believe in presenting information and letting the reading public make their own decisions on what is being said, he wants to make sure and plant his own assumptions into people heads so he edits, manipulates, and misrepresents (puts words in peoples mouths that they never said) . . .therefore, he won't post emails in their entirety WITHOUT his personal commentary - too dangerous to his position.

As for this particular instance . . . it is obvious that Mr. Shelton was stating that he wasn't going to respond to anything as ASI had asked all parties to refrain from commenting until the process was concluded. Mr. Shelton took the wise course of action, while Mr. Robert Pickles spinning went contrary to any common sense participation . . . which leads one to wonder if he will ever go slinking behind the scenes to see if he can cut a deal before this goes to court?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:55:50 PM »

Bob, this is a classic example of why your reasoning skills are losing credibility with some.

"Then you have Danny's own statements that indicate that he was going to use the ASI process as a smokescreen to make everything else go away."

What did Danny actually say (and was his email posted in its entirety on save-3abn?):

Huh?

Where is there an ellipsis in that email? Why are you calling it a partial email?

As far as the email he was responding to goes, simply go to the email at "Seeking Verification About the Tommy Shelton Child Molestation Allegations As Requested by Dr. Walt Thompson" and click "< Prev" at the top.

And his words are clear. He was hoping to use a positive decision from ASI regarding the divorce and remarriage to make everything else go away.

He went so far as to say "this huge issue of mine and Linda's divorce." Huge? Compared to the cover up of child molestation allegations? And that's what he says in response to my attempts to verify what Walt Thompson had told me? His response was ludicrous! Thumbing his nose at the written request of his own board chairman. What's he think? That 3ABN is his own personal, private, family business or something?

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 08:57:18 PM »

Anyman;

Forget all those lies that keep coming from your corner.  Let's talk truth!

Why would Tammy lie to us about having an eBay store?

Why would Tammy get the money from items sold by her that were 3ABN items?

What was the split with Danny's family?

Did it start out as a way to get extra cash and soon blossomed into a lucrative side business?

eBay really was a very lucrative operation for Danny and his family until he found out I was really watching 3ABN eBay and other sellers of 3ABN.  

Then I figured out about nan_don and all of the missing feedback!!

Danny tried to hide all that feedback!  Why?  I know why.  Let's get to the truth of the matter here!

Are you ready for that?  The trial is coming soon.  My day in court is coming.  It isn't going to be pretty when all the donors hear about where the money went!  It will be entered into those law books that are used to study case law and will be used over and over again!  Danny will become famous, and not in a good way!

Now that you mentioned emails, what about all those emails between Danny and Gregory?  Let's talk about those!  Danny knows the ones I am talking about; the ones Danny does NOT want to hit the light of day.  I have read them!  I believe I even have copies.  Come on Anyman.  Forget allegations!  Let's talk truth and facts before we all have to go to court and expose the real Danny!

Danny knows how to stop that from happening.  Surely he doesn't want it to go public!  Tell Danny to scrap the lawsuit!  It may be time for me to call Jim, Garwin, and Walt to discuss these eBay matters.  This will be shameful for 3ABN in the end.  I want 3ABN to survive.  Will it survive all of this hitting the fan?  I don't believe 3ABN supporters will be kind in their giving after this gets exposed and written in FEDERAL LAW BOOKS!

It would really be best if 3ABN parted the waters with Danny in the Lawsuit!  Maybe if they distance themselves from Danny they can save 3ABN!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 09:02:36 PM »

Spot on! Over and over Mr. Robert Pickle has edited, manipulated, misrepresented, and misconstrued the words of others in an effort to make himself look right . . . as for providing context by posting emails in their entirety - that won't happen. To do so would mean trusting people to be intelligent and have the ability to discern the truth of the exchanges. As it is Mr. Robert Pickle has been able to mislead many with his "interpretation" of what is being said. In other words - there is no honesty in his presentation and redundant, repetitious posting (NLP) techniques.

Mr. Robert Pickle doesn't believe in presenting information and letting the reading public make their own decisions on what is being said, he wants to make sure and plant his own assumptions into people heads so he edits, manipulates, and misrepresents (puts words in peoples mouths that they never said) . . .therefore, he won't post emails in their entirety WITHOUT his personal commentary - too dangerous to his position.

As for this particular instance . . . it is obvious that Mr. Shelton was stating that he wasn't going to respond to anything as ASI had asked all parties to refrain from commenting until the process was concluded. Mr. Shelton took the wise course of action, while Mr. Robert Pickles spinning went contrary to any common sense participation . . . which leads one to wonder if he will ever go slinking behind the scenes to see if he can cut a deal before this goes to court?

I've already told you, maybe more than once, that I've never had NLP training.

Where is the ellipsis in that email? What is missing?

Your assertion regarding what Danny was stating is absurd. Why would he have to refuse to follow through on his own board chairman's request until ASI had finished NOT LOOKING AT ALL into the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations, since he had refused to allow them to look into that? If that be the case, how can the whole ASI process not be but a smokescreen to hide the child molestation allegations until at the very least the process was completed?

anyman

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 09:22:22 PM »

Let's talk truth!

Not going to hold my breath for you to start . . .

anyman

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 09:30:19 PM »

I've already told you, maybe more than once, that I've never had NLP training.

So you say. Not buying it Robert.

Where is the ellipsis in that email? What is missing?

Rather weak response as it is evident that the email is not being presented in it's entirety. A simply knowledge of the flow of conversation evidences that there are portions that have been edited out. You have been caught doing it over and over again - suck it up and admit that you have been less than honest in your presentation of what others have said - and have done so in an attempt to mislead others to join your side.

Your assertion regarding what Danny was stating is absurd. Why would he have to refuse to follow through on his own board chairman's request until ASI had finished NOT LOOKING AT ALL into the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations, since he had refused to allow them to look into that? If that be the case, how can the whole ASI process not be but a smokescreen to hide the child molestation allegations until at the very least the process was completed?

I can't believe anyone falls for this type of nonsense any more - they have to be blinded by their own desire for the destruction of others to buy in any more. Your argument is less solvent than the the mortgage industry. The Board Chair did not ask you to make a mockery of Matt 18 - rather he asked that you verify the information . . . that didn't include making a mockery of God's ministries and you have attempted to make of no account more than one in your two years of self-indulgence. It has been pointed out time and again, but your focus on Mr. T. Shelton raises many red flags about your motivations.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 07:26:14 AM »

Huh?

Where is there an ellipsis in that email? Why are you calling it a partial email?

As far as the email he was responding to goes, simply go to the email at "Seeking Verification About the Tommy Shelton Child Molestation Allegations As Requested by Dr. Walt Thompson" and click "< Prev" at the top.

I searched your save-3abn site with the keyword "smokescreen" and this is the version of the DS email that came up for me, among others, that was attached to the "smokescreen" characterization.  Knowing, from past experience, that you often use only portions of emails on the sites, the observations and questions in my earlier post came to mind.

No elipse in this particular email but it is partial; the "To:/From:/Date/Time" has been removed and the email it is replying to is not presented with it.  Also, I have bolded the sentence in the introductory paragraph for this email from Gailon to Harold that uses the often repeated "smokescreen" characterization

Due to the abrogation of the confidentiality agreement by Harold Lance, the following communications are provided for your perusal.

Not having heard back from Harold Lance, Gailon seeks an answer to his question: Has ASI and 3ABN decided that no other issues would be considered by the ASI panel? Gailon also points out to Harold that Danny Shelton on December 5 had made it quite clear that he intended to use a positive ASI decision regarding his divorce and remarriage as a smokescreen to cover up all the other allegations.

-------- Original Message --------
To:  Harold Lance
CC:  Linda Shelton
Subject:  Re: 2nd request for answers? FYEO - Confidential- Do Not Redistribute
Date:  Wed, 06 Dec 2006 01:06:49 +0000

Harold:

You have been noticably silent since my very specific inquiry to your written proposal. However, this is a response from Danny to a third party inquiry and seems to answer the question, except it seems to hyperbolate a rather strange hypothesis that is exactly our concern if other matters are not heard as well as the marriage debate, and would leave all other issues on the table to discover; except your very own counsel to 3ABN has now become the current curtain behind which they stand on the simplest questions that remain. May I suggest that your clear counsel will go far to impede the inquiry into other issues that you and ASI have simply brushed aside, unilaterally, and would require that we handle them as we see fit. I also need a response to my inquiry as to the appropriateness of addressing this with the Division of Assets case still pending, which by the way has spawned a rather interesting appeal pending the settlement, regarding the bizarre ExPatriot Divorce taken by the parties in Guam. And here was his statement dated Tuesday, Dec 5, 2006:

As you know we are letting ASI handle the situation regarding my divorce from Linda.

Did I have biblical grounds for my part in the divorce of Linda and me.

Many lies have been spread by Linda and others using people like Gailon Joy and others.

According to you and Gailon and several others, the 3ABN leadership including myself, have covered up my wrong doing by making Linda the scape goat.

Either this is true or it is not. Much has been said by Johann, Arild, Barbara K. and people who didn't even know Linda and me.

ASI will decide who is doing the cover up. Somebody is lying! After hearing the testimony and evidence from both sides ASI will make a decision. Should ASI decide that the 3ABN board and myself did not "scapegoat Linda" to cover up my sins, then, in my opinion it will become obvious to the public that maybe many of these other accusations are lies also.

If on the other hand ASI decides that me and the 3ABN board covered up my sins to scapegoat Linda, then I believe that it will become obvious that I am probably lying when I deny many of the other accusations coming from Linda and her group.

That's why I choose to wait until ASI handles this huge issue of mine and Linda's divorce before answering questions of all the other accusations manufactured by Linda, Gailon, Derrell Johann, Barbara Kerr and others who have or has had an ax to grind with 3ABN.

For every person accusing me and 3ABN of doing wrong I can show thousands who will testify of all the good that 3ABN in doing including nearly all of it's employees.

Danny

The "smokescreen" characterization attempt specifically tied to the ASI process and Danny shows up yet again in this email under the heading "Danny:"Linda Is My Smokescreen"

Please notice the bolded words of the heading as it appears on the actual site,  Danny:"Linda Is  My Smokescreen", and then read through the email.  Does Danny say the words "Linda is my smokescreen" anywhere in that email?  No, and yet those specific words were attributed to him as a quote.  The heading doesn't say "Danny infers that Linda is his smokescreen" or "It appears that Danny is using Linda as a smokescreen" or even "I have concluded that Danny is using Linda as a smokescreen".  Specific words were put into Danny's mouth that he did not say.

Danny: "Linda Is My Smokescreen"

Danny now makes it fairly clear that he will not allow ASI to examine anything other than his divorce and remarriage, and that he intends to use a positive decision by ASI on that issue to make all the other allegations go away. And he also wants people to believe that his divorce and remarriage is a bigger issue than child molestation.

-------- Original Message --------
To:  Bob
Subject:  Re: Gailons last email to me. "We got a problem"
Date:  Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:38:30 -0600

Bob, one last email to you.

Most of the rumors and accusations are based on lies. There are potentially millions of viewers. I nor anyone else can or will ever address all individual rumors with individual people asking the questions. It would be too time consuming.

If the biggest rumors or accusations are addressed by a reputable group like ASI, then people will have more info to base their decisions of whom are they going to believe.

There's a good chance that if ASI decides I have lied about my biblical grounds for divorce, then there is also a good chance that I am lying about other things. If on the other side of the coin ASI decides that Linda has lied about the reasons for our divorce then there is a good chance that the other info she and her friends are feeding the public, may be lies also.

I've been told that you cross one bridge at a time.

good bye.

I appreciated the link you provided to the full dialogue between you and Danny.  Clearly, though, the "smokescreen" characterization is another example where you seem to think if you repeat something that you have concluded as fact often enough it will make it so. 

And his words are clear. He was hoping to use a positive decision from ASI regarding the divorce and remarriage to make everything else go away.

He went so far as to say "this huge issue of mine and Linda's divorce." Huge? Compared to the cover up of child molestation allegations? And that's what he says in response to my attempts to verify what Walt Thompson had told me? His response was ludicrous! Thumbing his nose at the written request of his own board chairman. What's he think? That 3ABN is his own personal, private, family business or something?

"Hoping"?  Bob, where in the email does Danny specify, infer or say that he is "hoping".  Again you have surmised that this is what he is doing and are repeating it often in an attempt to make your assumptions become truth for others, no matter what the facts actually indicate.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Wendall

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 08:39:42 AM »

I think Bob might be considered to be suffering as an impatient defendant.  He appears to have alot of probative evidence to disprove the plaintiff's claims and can hardly wait for the trial to begin  :rabbit: to prove his innocence.  A major give away in this whole MESS is the lack of facts given to dispute Bob's and others claims against 3ABN.  How about not attacking Bob but just deal with the facts of the case and try to come to a soution.  :dogwag: Remember the old Dragent show when Jack Webb tells the woman JUST THE FACTS MAM, goes along way in my opinion to explain the status of this case. Wouldn't it be nice for the parties to discuss the facts, eliminate the personal attacks, and negotiate and end this MESS.  Let both parties start agreeing on the smaller issues i.e. that it was bad judgement to lease a plane for so much money.   :pals: :puppykisses:.   ;D ;D It appears that bad judgment is to blame for many issues in this case not that a certain person intentionally set out see a end result.  But then again I have not heard or seen the facts from one side in this litigation. :scratch: :dunno:

Now Bob has been accussed of using NLP.  One of the best ways to confuse a issue is to accuse another of what you are doing. Could it be that Anyman is using NLP and accusing Bob of it thus further confusing the discussion?
 :cool:

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 10:14:09 AM »

I think Bob might be considered to be suffering as an impatient defendant.  He appears to have alot of probative evidence to disprove the plaintiff's claims and can hardly wait for the trial to begin  :rabbit: to prove his innocence.  A major give away in this whole MESS is the lack of facts given to dispute Bob's and others claims against 3ABN.  How about not attacking Bob but just deal with the facts of the case and try to come to a soution.  :dogwag: Remember the old Dragent show when Jack Webb tells the woman JUST THE FACTS MAM, goes along way in my opinion to explain the status of this case. Wouldn't it be nice for the parties to discuss the facts, eliminate the personal attacks, and negotiate and end this MESS. 

Ah, therein lies the challenge:  How are we to determine what is actually probative evidence when much of what Bob has presented is couched in his own opinion of what the evidence actually means.  What he believes the evidence shows is not necessarily the way the courts or others will see it. Look at Bob's "smokescreen" claim in rebuttal to Gregory's OP.

Bob: "Then you have Danny's own statements that indicate that he was going to use the ASI process as a smokescreen to make everything else go away."

Now read the email dialogue with Danny that he is basing his claim on.  Did Danny really say what Bob claims? Are those emails probative to Bob's claim?

Answers.com defines "probative" as:

adj.
Furnishing evidence or proof.
Serving to test, try, or prove.

Wikipedia describes probative:

Probative is a term used in law to signify "tending to prove."[1] Probative evidence "seeks the truth". Generally in law, evidence that is not probative (prejudicial evidence), or doesn't prove anything, is inadmissible and may be stricken from the record "if objected to by opposing counsel."[1] A balancing test may come in to the picture if the value of the evidence needs to be weighed versus its prejudicial nature.

So, how does one get to the "facts of the case" in order to be able to deal with them and try to come up with a solution?

You state: "He appears to have alot of probative evidence..."  It would be most helpful if you would list some of Bob's facts that you feel rise to the standard of probative.

Let both parties start agreeing on the smaller issues i.e. that it was bad judgement to lease a plane for so much money.   :pals: :puppykisses:.   ;D ;D It appears that bad judgment is to blame for many issues in this case not that a certain person intentionally set out see a end result.  But then again I have not heard or seen the facts from one side in this litigation. :scratch: :dunno:

Now Bob has been accussed of using NLP.  One of the best ways to confuse a issue is to accuse another of what you are doing. Could it be that Anyman is using NLP and accusing Bob of it thus further confusing the discussion?
 :cool:

In your proposal to settle this mess by having both parties start agreeing on the "smaller issues" an interesting shift has occurred.  I notice that we have left "probative evidence" and the call for "JUST THE FACTS MAM" behind and you are advising that the parties start agreeing on opinions instead.  How likely is that to happen?  What Bob and Gailon might view as issues of bad judgment, the other parties may see as perfectly reasonable. 

Best to stick to the facts, IMO, if they can ever be clearly presented.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Rosa

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 11:45:03 AM »

Huh?

Excuse me, but I have to come back out of lurk mode here to point out some basic facts for consideration.

1. The attempted ASI resolution process was not a investigation of Danny Shelton and 3ABN.  It was  2 teams trying to resolve a problem between them, thus it was called a  "resolution process" . That resolution process was NOT  between Bob Pickle and Danny Shelton.  It was between two teams, ie; Linda Shelton's team ~~and~~ Danny Shelton and the 3ABN team.

Now let me ask a question...

How many of Joy and Pickle's allegations were a bone of contention between Linda and Danny Shelton, or Linda and 3ABN?

Bingo, now you see the problem here and what Pickle and Joy could not and still don't apparently see or acknowledge, and why ASI according to their own letter had to withdraw. You can read that letter here folks: http://tiny.cc/nFBJV

Again, was Tommy Shelton and any allegations against him a bone of contention needing resolution between Linda Shelton and DS and 3ABN? NO.

In addition, it is QUITE PLAIN from the letters Pickle himself published, to any one with eyes to see and possessing a minimum of common sense that is, that Danny Shelton said no such thing as Pickle has been and is still attempting to claim here.

http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=82117#Post82117

From the same letter Bob is touting above:

Quote from: Danny to Bob
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:52:01 AM by Rosa »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up