Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why lie?  (Read 32121 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Why lie?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 05:27:46 AM »

People may be able to lie to other people, but nobody can lie to God, who knows the truth about all of this, which, if they don't repent, will face the judgment seat of Christ, who is the Judge of all.

Johann

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 02:55:14 AM »

just a doodle

What happened to doodle? Still doodling along?
 :dogwag:

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »

People may be able to lie to other people, but nobody can lie to God, who knows the truth about all of this, which, if they don't repent, will face the judgment seat of Christ, who is the Judge of all.

The exception would be the annointed one...he SINCERELY BELIEVES HE CAN LIE AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!!

Count the times...look at the history...in fact, did you know how you know when Danny Lee Shelton is Lying???
He opens his mouth and talks!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

mrst53

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 06:13:01 PM »

his lips are moving? :rabbit:

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 12:34:27 AM »

Why lie? Why did perfectly civilized and well educated Germans countenance the murder of millions? Why did freedom loving Americans keep slaves? Why did the advanced civilization of Japan treat the Ainu of Ezogashima as animals? Why did our Christian ancestors flock to the town square to see people tortured to death? Is this a recitation of historical points, or does it reflect a continuity in human nature? Could nice Adventists enjoy watching someone who threatens their comfort burned at the stake? Could they be the first to throw stones at one accused? Yes, I believe they have proven that they would. So why lie? Why not? When your entire system of pride and identity I'd based on false goodness, why not?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2010, 01:23:07 PM »

his lips are moving? :rabbit:

Unfortunately, too broad...moving lips could include romantic fervor!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 03:44:39 PM »

:ROFL:  Bad GJ!!  Bad!!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 05:21:08 AM »

Why lie? Why did perfectly civilized and well educated Germans countenance the murder of millions? Why did freedom loving Americans keep slaves? Why did the advanced civilization of Japan treat the Ainu of Ezogashima as animals? Why did our Christian ancestors flock to the town square to see people tortured to death? Is this a recitation of historical points, or does it reflect a continuity in human nature? Could nice Adventists enjoy watching someone who threatens their comfort burned at the stake? Could they be the first to throw stones at one accused? Yes, I believe they have proven that they would. So why lie? Why not? When your entire system of pride and identity I'd based on false goodness, why not?

History ::)

Johann

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »

I have been amazed at some of the lies that have been told to DS's supporters in order to explain away documented facts that have been discovered and posted on the internet. At first I asked myself "why would these lies be told by one who knows the facts will prove them to be false.

Then I realized that 1. If a lie works now, the story teller will not worry about the consequences untill and if the lie is found out. 2. Lies have been successfully covered up in the past and perhaps the truth can be legally locked away from the public. 3. If a lie is discovered, another story can always be invented to explain it away.

Thi is just as true today as when it was first posted and nobody has been able to document that it isn't.

Johann

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »

---
The same would be true for Danny Shelton. He trusted/trusts his own ability to take care of himself (with the help of deep-pocketed friends) more than he trusted/trusts God. In the case of discarding Linda in favor of a younger model and using lies to justify it, the answer is still the same. He trusted his own ability to provide for his happiness more than he trusted/trusts God.

God forgives sin, which always ultimately originates with a lack of faith. However, continuing in a path of sin eventually silences the voice of the Holy Spirit so that right seems wrong and wrong seems right. Jesus indicated that this sin (the sin against the Holy Spirit that results in attributing to Satan the work of the Spirit & vice versa) is the one sin that God cannot forgive.

Danny needs our prayers, as do those who support him when they know he is wrong.

Perhaps even more those who have not yet discovered he is wrong.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 10:47:45 PM »

Yes, I do think that some don't realize that.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 03:57:41 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up