Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Virginia Surety sues 3ABN, Tommy, & Walker!  (Read 20384 times)

Johann

Re: Virginia Surety sues 3ABN, Tommy, & Walker!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 04:26:57 AM »

I find it very interesting how 3ABN, who had launched a lawsuit against Joy & Pickle, are now on the receiving end of more than one lawsuit.

What comes around goes around twofold.

It tends to mute the great acclaims of victory in the first one.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 10:43:45 AM »

I find it very interesting how 3ABN, who had launched a lawsuit against Joy & Pickle, are now on the receiving end of more than one lawsuit.

What comes around goes around twofold.

It tends to mute the great acclaims of victory in the first one.

Even if 3ABN wins against Alex, we are still vindicated. We said that Danny's lies to cover up the child molestation allegations against had placed 3ABN in extreme financial jeopardy if additional incidents had occurred. And they are in jeopardy right now, and whether they ultimately prevail or lose big time does not change that fact.

horsethief

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 11:39:52 AM »

Unlikely 3abn will win if it comes to a court trial. They are going to try and take the road of least resistance embarassment and keep this out of court

horsethief

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 11:45:14 AM »

A settlement on 3abn's part in this case might spur others to seek a similar settlement.

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 04:30:55 PM »

3) However, the fact that TS Took an Alford Plea suggests to me that it is more likely to be a judgement against 3-ABN than a favorable judgement for 3-ABN.

I did read somewhere that Alford guilty pleas sometimes have legal consequences, such as not being able to relitigate certain issues. Imagine Tommy's not being able to relitigate whether there was enough evidence in the Virginia case to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt. Imagine being a co-defendant with a pedophile who could not relitigate that issue.

But I have no idea how the Alford plea will affect this case.

Then get a clue!!! The Alford plea ( pleading I didn't do it, I say I'm innocent, but I will accept the court's judgement)was only in response to Dennis Turley's Criminal case. The criminal case in regard to Alex Walker was dropped as were all the charges related to him.

"This case" (not yet available in any Southern district of Illinois, or apparently filed there...) is Alex Walker vs 3ABN, NOT Dennis Turley vs 3ABN!

The Alford plea/ plea bargain was for DT's case, NOT Alex's!

Deal with the actual question for once, Pickle!

HOW WILL ALEX'S LAWSUIT AGAINST 3 ABN BE AFFECTED BY THE CRIMINAL CASE ON HIS BEHALF, AND ALL THE CHARGES ON HIS BEHALF BEING DROPPED?

How, will all the witnesses rebutting his testimony ( the only evidence he has according to the State's attorney is his own inconsistent testimony) affect "this case"? How will this case "Alex's case" being without documentation or witnesses for any but the defendant (Tommy, 3ABN) affect his pursuit of money?

How is Alex gonna overcome all his lies and inconsistencies? ( Go ahead,Bob- ask me to explain that statement. For once I'll answer you --- in detail)

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:34:33 PM by Nosir Myzing »

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 05:55:02 PM »

3) However, the fact that TS Took an Alford Plea suggests to me that it is more likely to be a judgement against 3-ABN than a favorable judgement for 3-ABN.

I did read somewhere that Alford guilty pleas sometimes have legal consequences, such as not being able to relitigate certain issues. Imagine Tommy's not being able to relitigate whether there was enough evidence in the Virginia case to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt. Imagine being a co-defendant with a pedophile who could not relitigate that issue.

Then get a clue!!! The Alford plea ( pleading I didn't do it, I say I'm innocent, but I will accept the court's judgement)was only in response to Dennis Turley's Criminal case. The criminal case in regard to Alex Walker was dropped as were all the charges related to him.

"This case" (not yet available in any Southern district of Illinois, or apparently filed there...) is Alex Walker vs 3ABN, NOT Dennis Turley vs 3ABN!

HOW WILL ALEX'S LAWSUIT AGAINST 3 ABN BE AFFECTED BY THE CRIMINAL CASE ON HIS BEHALF, AND ALL THE CHARGES ON HIS BEHALF BEING DROPPED?

How, will all the witnesses rebutting his testimony ( the only evidence he has according to the State's attorney is his own inconsistent testimony) affect "this case"? How will this case "Alex's case" being without documentation or witnesses for any but the defendant (Tommy, 3ABN) affect his pursuit of money?

How is Alex gonna overcome all his lies and inconsistencies? ( Go ahead,Bob- ask me to explain that statement. For once I'll answer you --- in detail)
Yeah, ok.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »

Nosir said:

While I was not directly addressed, I will weigh in on the Alford Plea.  There are two criticle elements of the Alford Plea that have not been mentioned.  !) Under the Alford Plea the defendent admits that there is enough evidence against the defendant that the defendant would probably be convicted in a trial.  2) In order to accept an Alford Plea, the judge has to agree that the defendant would probably be convicted in a jury trial.

Yse, "probably" is not 100 per-cent.  Yes, this is a lower standard that what would be actually required in a trial.

My statement which was not addressed by Nosir as I also was not addressed was focused on the fact that the Alfore Plea set out the evidence as potentially being enough to convict.

Nosir has raised a point in the comments in regard to Alex and Dennis.  I was intellectually aware of those facts when I made my comment bue probably erred in not writing a comment that made the distinction.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 02:30:07 AM »

The critical issue in an Alford Plea, in a State court, is what the law, both case law and the statute, says.  As TS made his Alford Plea in a Virginia Court, the issue now is:  What does Virginia say about Alford Peas?  NOTE:  Three states do not allow the Alford Plea.

In an effort to be fair to all, I believe that the following is a fair summary of what an Alford Plea means in Virginia:

"An Alford plea means that [defendant] does not admit guilt but concedes that the state has enough evidence to convict him." The Roanoke Times (2009)[86]

"[Defendant] entered an Alford plea, not admitting guilt but conceding that the state had enough evidence to convict him." Richmond Times-Dispatch (2009)[87]

"A defendant who has entered an Alford plea is not an innocent person for the purposes of criminal sentencing and probation. To mitigate the possibility that an innocent person will so plead, a factual basis is required supporting the finding of guilt before an Alford plea can be accepted." Court of Appeals of Virginia (2009)[88]

From the above, it is clear that in Virginia the defendant is not required to admit guilt at the time of the trial, but accepts the punishment of a guilty plea.

However, there is an interesting ruling of the Virginia Court of Appeals as follows below:

http://www.courts.state.va.us/opinions/opncavwp/1860084.pdf

In the above ruling the Court ruled that notwithstanding his Alford Plea, the defendant could be required to admit guilt under other circumstances and a failure to admit guilt could result in legal consequences which resulted in a prison sentence that otherwise had been suspended.

Folks, just part of the complexity of the law.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:34:51 AM by Gregory »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 10:17:59 AM »

Thanks for clarifying that, Gregory.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

horsethief

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »

There are others out there that are victims. Both have their appetites. That's why one protects the other.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 03:43:33 AM »

There are others out there that are victims. Both have their appetites. That's why one protects the other.

Could you elaborate?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 07:32:11 AM »

Here is your clue Nosur..   There would be no court, no problems, nothing if there was no Alex and many others claiming.  But evidence on here from you- is squirming worms, crawling in every angle of out let for "innocence" when even his wife knows what is true and other witnesses can confirm. Biblical  It only takes 3 witnesses for "guilty".  and I hope the judge gives justice for such destruction of lives. If there was no Alex what else can you come up with?? for the rest?? No matter when it took place legally, Absolutely none of it is right but aren't you ashamed to be involved especially fighting for "guilty". lol That makes you guilty too. A sympathizer  that needs to be swallowed up too. Pretty dangerous Id say. He is guilty. and I can imagine all the saga is not going to stop there as sooner or later all evil surfaces. Believe it!

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »

Hi Tinka!!! Good to see you my friend!

Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Sheba

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 04:34:47 PM »

ooppps wrong thread
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:42:39 PM by Sheba »

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 08:12:15 PM »

Hi Tinka!!! Good to see you my friend!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again Alex and thank you.

Hopefully this new year will go better for me. It will be one year tomorrow since the love of my life is laid to rest.  Been reading about your illness too and yes tragedy is most devastating to mental health. I would never have guessed how bad until it has whipped my strength. I feel like I'm failing really bad just from my incidents. Grief has brought on horrible symtoms of which I realize but hard to get turned around Along with infection all in my head from bad dental work and couple of implants. They took my money and can't get help until restitution so I'm sorta in a bad way and hard spot too right now very weak and up little. smile I'm trying like you have to too.   Time and dental surgery for me I know will help. And time passing will finally end all this for you too. It has too! I just can't believe how some will fight against what all knew for many years according to witness from all your distress and others. So sorry
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up