Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: R.I.P. Tommy Shelton (in prison, that is)  (Read 53033 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: R.I.P. Tommy Shelton (in prison, that is)
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »

It has come as a shock to me to hear directly from members of the Shelton family that they hope Tommy doesn't ever leave prison alive. I hope that in time everyone will be able to move on with life and let it all go. However, if one looks at the the Rodrigo Borgia family, for example, they are remembered almost 500 years later.

Oh my.  Are you serious?  A family member said that?  Good grief.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 08:15:29 AM »

Where are the Tommy defenders? Where are the folks who said "Tommy is looking at months not years?"

There has been complete silence.

I laughed at them when they said he was looking at months as I knew better.

Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

horsethief

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 08:30:55 AM »

It has been known among family members and 3ABN employees for quite a while, quite a LONG while, that Tommy has a proclivity toward young boys.

Johann

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »

It has come as a shock to me to hear directly from members of the Shelton family that they hope Tommy doesn't ever leave prison alive. I hope that in time everyone will be able to move on with life and let it all go. However, if one looks at the the Rodrigo Borgia family, for example, they are remembered almost 500 years later.

We have also received a message from a member of the Shelton family stating that this seems to be an unfortunate exaggeration. Neither do I subscribe to that statement.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »

Where are the Tommy defenders? Where are the folks who said "Tommy is looking at months not years?"

No posts over there since Feb. 7.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »

No posts over there since Feb. 7.

Don't you find it kind of funny, Bob, that they are all now being silent? Remember just lat month they was acting as though the Alfred Pleas was a blessing from God.

Now read that washington times article and see where tommy said, i am sorry for his suffering" Yet I still claim innocent."

What suffering was Tommy referring too if he was an innocent man? If he was innocent what would he be sorry for?

Now, th other site is silent because they was wrong and perhaps shocked that Tommy received years and not months.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 06:50:34 PM »

They've gone silent before. Probably sooner or later they'll get worked up again and start firing away with more nonsensical slander.

Here's a question for PrincessDi regarding a different sort of silence: Di, did you ever notice that sometimes BSDA would go silent? There would be all this banter back and forth, discussing various aspects of the scandal. And then something new would break, complete with compelling documentation. And then there would be this stark silence.

What was happening? Was everyone just kind of shocked at the new revelation, and it took a little bit to digest it before beginning the banter again? I noticed this kind of thing happening more than once.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »

Bob, I am sure you're right. They will return. I would find it hard to respond as well if I defended a convicted sexual molestor who just received 6 years in prison as well.
Alex L. Walker

JustWondering

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »

Other items that we should not forget:

1. In addition to DT and AW, it has been reported that Tommy Shelton molested a third child in Virginia.

2. There was a list started over at BlackSDA in a topic titled, "How Many Alleged Victims Of Tommy Shelton? 25+?, Rough Draft of List of Alleged Victims/Timeline."  See link below:
http://www.3abnvjoy.com/blacksda-archive/index.php?showtopic=12656&st=0

Will other victims come forward?  The list at the link only covered possible victims through 2000.

3. Could there be victims after 2000?  When Tommy was arrested in March 2010, I remember one report saying that Tommy had been working or helping at a school in KY.

3. I have heard a saying that "Hurt People Hurt People."  Tommy Shelton's father molested him.  Tommy has told others that he did inappropriate things to his son.  Thank God that with His help this cycle does not always continue.  We must pray that those that Tommy Shelton hurt seek help, first from God, in stopping the cycle.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 08:08:27 PM »

At one point I was contacted by another one that happened after Tommy left Dun Loring.

As of recent one who claimed they was molested by him in the 50's.

I have been in contact with both of these men.

There is no way to actually know how many folks have been affected.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:19:55 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 10:03:50 PM »

Sorry folks I have been  a bit busy so haven't been reading much lately I am praying that this is bringing some sense of peace and closure for you and the other victims.  I am a bit confused, on the other thread it said that TS got 6 years, and I just read the post from "the other site" and they say he will spend a "few weeks" in prison?  What is the exact sentence?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 10:10:35 PM »

Sorry folks I have been  a bit busy so haven't been reading much lately I am praying that this is bringing some sense of peace and closure for you and the other victims.  I am a bit confused, on the other thread it said that TS got 6 years, and I just read the post from "the other site" and they say he will spend a "few weeks" in prison?  What is the exact sentence?
6 years

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 10:13:45 PM »

Tommy Shelton's father molested him.
What?! I've never heard this before!
Maybe cousin Ellis, but not Tommy Sr.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 10:23:02 PM »

I don't think that is factual. I suppose I could be wrong, but I really don't think so.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 10:36:13 PM »

Tommy has told others that he did inappropriate things to his son.  Thank God that with His help this cycle does not always continue.  We must pray that those that Tommy Shelton hurt seek help, first from God, in stopping the cycle.
Tommy's son is a very honorable man who has no proclivity toward this sort of thing. Anyone who knows him knows that although his life has not been without bruises, he has come out above the issues. He is a man to be proud of.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up