Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Tommy Clone?  (Read 5445 times)

SDAminister

Another Tommy Clone?
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:03:17 PM »

Apparently sexual abuse is not confined to West Frankfort.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2012/aprilweb-only/tom-white-accusations.html

Johann

Re: Another Tommy Clone?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 04:46:57 PM »

Many of us adore the King James Version. Who was King James? Historians claim he preferred male friends.

SDAminister

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:54:01 PM »

Many of us adore the King James Version. Who was King James? Historians claim he preferred male friends.

What's your point? King Solomon was an effeminate murderer. So, what's your point?

Johann

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 02:50:29 PM »

What's your point? King Solomon was an effeminate murderer. So, what's your point?

That some of those you call "Tommy clones" might be admired by many.

SDAminister

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »

That some of those you call "Tommy clones" might be admired by many.

Well, I guess Tom White kind of admitted his guilt. And so did Tommy!!! In a court of law, no less!

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »

These kinds of things are distressing and nothing to rejoice over. Sad and horrible ends to what could have been good lives. I knew Tom on a professional basis and had a lot of respect for him and his ministry. VOM provides information that is vital for the global Christian community to know and I will continue to be supportive of them. My parents were friends of Richard Wurmbrand and I remember him well.

In the end, I suppose that Tom couldn't live with himself and took the only alternative that seemed acceptable. This is all so shocking, I can hardly comprehend it, but it is what it is. I hope the child is getting good help and is able to go on with life in a positive and successful way.

horsethief

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 08:15:12 PM »

I don't know about a "Tommy clone"???

This doesn't quite fit since this guy was attracted to young girls.  Sounds a little more like someone else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up