Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: NAD President Dan Jackson Endorses 3ABN?  (Read 20474 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
NAD President Dan Jackson Endorses 3ABN?
« on: June 16, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »

The Northeastern Conference of Seventh-day Adventists’ annual camp meeting will be broadcast by 3ABN on June 30, coming up.

"Highlights for this Sabbath will include an inspiring message from North American Division president, Pastor Dan Jackson, the yearlong evangelistic focus on Metro New York by the Seventh-day Adventist Church next year, as well as a Pillars music concert, and messages from 3ABN’s Jim Gilley, Danny Shelton, John Lomacang, Yvonne Lewis, and C. A. Murray."

http://3abn.org/news/3abn-to-broadcast-camp-meeting-from-hyde-park-new-york
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: NAD President Dan Jackson Endorses 3ABN?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 04:52:54 PM »

With SDA North American Division President Dan Jackson giving the main Sabbath sermon, followed by the 3ABN group including Danny Shelton and Yvonne Lewis providing the music program and possibly spoken messages, it looks like Elder Jackson is endorsing 3ABN by appearing with the 3ABN leaders.

Johann

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:49:15 PM »

With SDA North American Division President Dan Jackson giving the main Sabbath sermon, followed by the 3ABN group including Danny Shelton and Yvonne Lewis providing the music program and possibly spoken messages, it looks like Elder Jackson is endorsing 3ABN by appearing with the 3ABN leaders.

Edited to remove inappropriate content.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:28:43 AM by Artiste »

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:52:10 PM »

Let the smooching begin! Lol. But one must remember that God used the likes of some pretty nasty characters to accomplish his work sometimes.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 02:20:04 PM »

Recently Elder Dan Jackson effectively endorsed Linda Shelton when she gave a presentation at a week of prayer, and he spoke with her.

I think he is using the big tent approach.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 05:48:49 AM »

Recently Elder Dan Jackson effectively endorsed Linda Shelton when she gave a presentation at a week of prayer, and he spoke with her.

It may have been a misunderstanding that she gave a week of prayer talk.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 08:33:20 AM »

It may have been a misunderstanding that she gave a week of prayer talk.

Really!

That's what we were given to understand.

What was she doing there?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 07:37:27 AM »

I don't recall exactly.

MPrewitt3

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 06:04:14 AM »

I work at 3ABN, and we would like to think that Dan Jackson "endorses" 3ABN, but "endorses" is a strong word, and that could only be safely determined from a direct statement by Dan Jackson himself. However, I think it is fair to say that Dan Jackson (and the GC and NAD administrations in general) are supportive of 3ABN, are friends of 3ABN. We see evidence of this all the time, and are thankful for their support. Dan Jackson was a featured speaker at our past 3ABN Pillars of Prophecy camp meeting (May 30-June 2, 2012). He spoke on the opening night (http://3abncampmeeting.org/schedule.html), and I seem to recall he has been a speaker for other 3ABN events in the past. I'm pretty sure he's been a guest on 3ABN Today, our flagship talk show, as well. So there is nothing particularly surprising about him speaking at an event alongside representatives of 3ABN.

Johann

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »

I work at 3ABN, and we would like to think that Dan Jackson "endorses" 3ABN, but "endorses" is a strong word, and that could only be safely determined from a direct statement by Dan Jackson himself. However, I think it is fair to say that Dan Jackson (and the GC and NAD administrations in general) are supportive of 3ABN, are friends of 3ABN. We see evidence of this all the time, and are thankful for their support. Dan Jackson was a featured speaker at our past 3ABN Pillars of Prophecy camp meeting (May 30-June 2, 2012). He spoke on the opening night (http://3abncampmeeting.org/schedule.html), and I seem to recall he has been a speaker for other 3ABN events in the past. I'm pretty sure he's been a guest on 3ABN Today, our flagship talk show, as well. So there is nothing particularly surprising about him speaking at an event alongside representatives of 3ABN.

Good to see you here MPrewitt. It has been 8 or 9 years since I saw you last time. Are you still doing the lay out - or even more? Probably not the same office?

Blessings,

Johann

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »

Interesting that Elder Dan Jackson appears to be "endorsing" both conservative (except for the criminal/morally bankrupt element) 3ABN and liberal La Sierra University, which teaches evolution.

Johann

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 10:50:20 AM »

Interesting that Elder Dan Jackson appears to be "endorsing" both conservative (except for the criminal/morally bankrupt element) 3ABN and liberal La Sierra University, which teaches evolution.

Should NAD have two different presidents, one for the conservative, and another for the liberal?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 11:57:33 AM »

No, the NAD should have one president who respects the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy.

That president should deal with rogue entities such as 3ABN.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 06:12:25 AM »

Greetings.

Over the last 100+ years, there have been many occasions when church leaders have not been supportive of supporting ministries for far fewer reasons than what exist here. Here we have the cover up of child molestation allegations, private inurement, kickbacks, retaliatory lawsuits, whistleblower terminations, and the like. What makes 3ABN so different that Jackson would be supportive of 3ABN despite the iniquitous practices that have occurred?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 12:01:26 PM »

. . we would like to think that Dan Jackson "endorses" 3ABN, but "endorses" is a strong word, and that could only be safely determined from a direct statement by Dan Jackson himself. However, I think it is fair to say that Dan Jackson (and the GC and NAD administrations in general) are supportive of 3ABN, are friends of 3ABN.

The above statemetn, I consider to be well thought out, and a reasoned statement which is accurate, at leaset in regards to whether or no tJackson endorses 3-ABN.  I agree that to say that Jackson endorses 3-ABN is not fully supported.

Bob raises questions which may be validly asked. to how "supportative" they are of 3-ABN, that could probably be questioned.  But, obviously that consider it appropriate to maintain relations and to participate on some levels in 3-ABN activities.  Bob raises a valid question when he asks essentally:  Why 3-ABN when others were not supported inthe past?  I will suggest that there is a 2-part response to tha.

1) In the past, many (not all) were openly calling the SDA denomination apostate.  3-ABN has not done that.
2) Bob asks:
Here we have the cover up of child molestation allegations, private inurement, kickbacks, retaliatory lawsuits, whistleblower terminations, and the like. What makes 3ABN so different that Jackson would be supportive of 3ABN despite the iniquitous practices that have occurred?

The reality is:  As much as Bob and others would like to believe that the above has been conclusively proven,  Much of the above has not been conclusively proven and is considered to be overstateI am aware that I will probably be challenged for saying such.  So be it.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up