Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do these tactics sound familiar?  (Read 26337 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: Do these tactics sound familiar?
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »

Bonnie, it must really be a bone of contention to you when someone leaves out the name of a person or is themselves using an anonymous name or server as you mention it quite often.

The bone of contention comes in not where someone uses an anonymous name,but the anonymous party expects to accept anonymous defense as gospel.  I have never said anything that I recall about anonymous server's.

Most here I think have anonymous names,it is how it is used. I have no more reason to believe you than you would me if I used an anonymous name. You may be telling the complete truth,or you may be telling a complete lie. As long as there is no accountibility for what you say, anything can be said. But it was not quite as general a statement as you now are saying. I believe that I said there were no identifiable key players as there is on the other side,or none that I can remember.Let's please keep it to what I said even if you are anonymous. I find little excuse for those that are obviously very closely involved with 3ABN to remain anonymous in their defense. If you do, others will have to decide if they take the word of someone that is afraid to own their own words.

While on the one hand you state that you can understand why some do, on the other hand it prevents you from choosing to accept anything they say as the truth.

Actually this is clsoer to what I have been saying,don't you think.You might be telling the truth 100%, but I am not real big on anonymous sources as their fire being truth. So I would have no idea.
Not involved enough to try to find out if what you say is true or not. 

Obviously you don't like that either, but explain to me if you can how can I determine the truth of anonymous faceless,unknown posters??Many times it ends up questioning the ones you do know, but at least that is somewhat possible. So do tell me,where would I go to find the facts and the truth behind anyman or sam??
The other defenders of DS are not really saying anymore than their counterparts on the other side. But just how would I dertermint the truthfulness of the key players on this forum?

Maybe it is because the 3ABN defenders do not continually complain or talk about what they have personally gone through because of those who do know, or think they know, who some of the defenders are. Some of us and including friends we know, family members and pastors have received harassing phone calls from the members of the other side and some several times a day.

I have heard the other side say same and not anonymously either. For those that are key players in this, can't stand the heat, get out of the fire.

Some phone calls actually have someone calling the receiver a vile name and hanging up. One actually asked for one of the defenders by a log in name and when asked where they got the phone number they said the phone book. The log in name has never been in any phone book and the person they were trying to call didn’t even have a phone number listed or unlisted. Some of us have had the other side come to our homes. Then there are those of us who get banned because family members have the same IP # so we choose a server that gives anonymity. Others are banned because they use the same server that gives anonymity so have to seek another.

Again, you seem to be borrowing from the oppositions play book. Seems I hahve heard this before. But at least the DS defenders have a chance of knowing their anonymous counterpart.
Didn't ask about the anonymous server, but thank you for the explaination why they are being used.

None of us want our children, grandchildren, other family members, or friends to suffer in any way and to especially hear such vile talk. The calls come from men and women alike.

Another page from the same playbook only the other side.

One more time and we will see if you and others can get it.

I have not kept track of much of what has been said. My opinion of DS is my opinion. He was very instrumental in aiding in that.

I can understand why some remain anonymous. I do not understand why key players expect to be believed while they remain anonymous, the ones that have so much to say about the opposition stand by DS as long as they can defend him anonymously.

I hold DS to a higher standard because in part he claims such a high standard ,others place him at a higher standard as proof of his innocence AND he has the world stage.for his audience.
People recognize his name when they would not Jan Paulsen.

LS, whether guilty as accused is not that relevant today,unless she has the public venue to take her case. Is Bob,Gailon and Fran lying?? I have no knowledge of the two men, but I have never known Fran to lie. Has she been wrong at times, I would assume so. But she does not do so anonymously.
Can I say the same for Ian,anyman,sam?? Don't know, maybe they are the ones lying. What is there about an anonymous statement, by an anonymous person???
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »

I was sent this email by someone who had direct contact with Hartland.  Feels like Dejuvu to me.

I received this from Hartland on 5/28/2007.

Dear********

Yes, Gailon Joy was indirectly involved (or at least he tried to get himself involved). He was never a member of the staff, nor was he a member of any of its organizational bodies, so he only wrote what he heard by word of mouth. Most of what he wrote at that time was sheer misrepresentations of fact. In my opinion, he tried to spin anything and everything he heard in its worst possible construction. He has no compunction about bearing false witness.  He totally discredited himself to the vast majority of the staff at Hartland. His spin was so outlandish that it wasn’t credible to anyone that knew the truth. He was apparently being fed information though, from at least one disgruntled insider at Hartland, but never once did he bother to check with both sides on any story. He only consulted (obviously) with the one that he chose to represent (or rather with the one he used to make his misrepresentations). Most of our staff at the time got the very clear impression that he was not trying to be fair in his assessment, but rather biased – and in the extreme. So when we began reading what he wrote about 3ABN, we simply sent the emails to the dustbin. There may be elements of truth in what he has written about 3ABN (large or small), but I don’t recommend that you trust his spin. Be sure you can verify what he says from other sources.

We had the feeling that he enjoyed the work of trying to cut down institutions attempting to do God’s work and attempting to discredit their leaders. He seems to have a lot of time to waste on this self-appointed work. He also apparently claims that he was responsible for the dismissal of one of the presidents of AUC (which may have been needed), but I doubt that he was the one who accomplished it or that bears the responsibility for it.

Anyway, for what it is worth, that is my take on the situation.

God bless and keep you,

Sincerely,

(Pastor) Hal Mayer

Thank-you, SAM, for the reminder of my firm stand against Hal Mayer's leadership role at Hartland, WHICH STILL STANDS, and is supported by many Directors, Officers, AD COM members and staffers over the years. I will repeat the history for you and STILL STAND FIRMLY OPPOSED TO HAL MAYER"S  FAILED LEADERSHIP!!!

Let us start the response with my basis for injecting myself into the Hartland mess:

1) I had been a long term Hartland Supporter and contributed frequently to Hartland until Hal's second coup;

2) As a Director of New England Minisitries, we had encouraged the support of Hartland Institute and had raised large sums from New Englanders over more than a decade and Hal was a recipient on several occasions, Ron Goss and Dr Colin Standish on others;

3) New England Ministries, a conservative forum, had co-sponsored the 150th anniversary of the Great Disappointment in October, 2004 with Hartland Institute and Hope International (Hal Mayer was NOT an invited speaker for a number of reasons) a program that ran for nearly three months on the local Cable System;

4) Hal Mayer, as have so many other dissidents, has been a visitor to my home and has sought New England Ministries help with several projects over the years;

5) Many of our youth in New England were encouraged to attend Hartland Institute and in fact many New Englanders have graduated from there;

6) Many of the New England Ministry supporters over the years have taken the mission call to Hartland and served in many capacitites, including Hartland Directors, members of AD Com and other staff positions.

7) To a large degree, the failure of the Officers and staff at Hartland to work with the church and to follow Spirit of Prophecy educational standards was the reason for the founding of Outchetah Hills (Clark had been the Chairman at Hartland Institute before developing plans for an alternative at OH);

Hartland has suffered greatly as a result of Hal's first coup and Hal's second coup d'etat and if he had absolute control of Hartland Institute, we would logically have just another cult.

Much to the chagrin of Hal Mayer, I had many sources for the Hartland Stories, including directors, officers, staff and constituents. One major source regarding Hal Mayer's personal behavious was his own secretary who resigned and left Hartland Institute in protest to what she observed and heard.

My initial letter resulted from what I viewed as a serious conflict of interest where the Stewardship Director, Hal Mayer, of Hartland Instutute was under discipline and faced a pending disciplinary action beforoe the Board of Directors for waht some viewed as insubordination. While this conflict raged, Hal Mayer was defiant and found ways around the restrictions placed upon him by the AD COM.

In what was a clear self preservation move because he was not sure how the votes would line up in a pending Board of Directors meeting, Hal Mayer moved to take over the tape ministry of a venerable old warhorse and standard bearer, Elder Lawrence Nelson, Speaker and Director of Keep the Faith tape ministries. I broke the story (I believe thats called reporting) and protested Hal Mayer's conflict of interest of utilizing his Stewardship Director's position to grab what should have been been a terrific addition to the Hartland Media Center.

Hal Mayer's actions and accountability was so out of control, The Media Center director and another key player both resigned in protest and one is retired while the other works for Amazing Facts (she and her husband were voted out of the constituency by a cabal of Meyer supporters).

Instead of serving Hartland Institutes purposes as Stewardship Secretary, adding much needed revenues to the Hartland balance sheet, Hal Mayer took over the Keep The Faith Tape ministry based on the West Coast, retained his STEWARDSHIP DIRECTOR'S position at Hartland  and transferred the ministry  to Virginia to his own benefit.

Once again, those IRS 990's tell the story and demonstrate a man collecting for services at Hartland while running a seperate 501(c) 3 ministry for his own benefit. Obviously, the 990's are readily available to those who wish to see the revenue stream and the rather hefty balance sheet the Stewardship Director inherited from Elder Lawrence Nelson. A sum that I feel should have been recovered to the benefit of Hartland Institute, not Hal Mayer, the STEWARDSHIP DIRECTOR.

My position was not a conflict of one (Gailon Arthur Joy) versus Hal Mayer or even Hartland Institute, but rather a position I shared with many others on Hartlands Board of Directors, it's AD COM, some officers and many staffers. In fact, it was the seive of Hartland that provided all the sources for the various stories.

The battle to restore Hal Mayer by Hal Mayer supporters had many of the characteristics we have observed at many other independent ministries, including 3ABN. The difference is that the directors were narrowly split and a single vote restored Hal Mayer and moved him on his way to virtual control, including the purging of even the Hartland constituency in unprecedented challenges to opponents.

The Chairman of the Board resigned in protest. Others followed suit. Elder Ron Spear even called for reformation but the pleas fell on deaf ears.

Since this conflict, Hartland has seen the lifting of the Blessing of the Lord. Some examples include but are not limited to, and a key staffers' son was killed when he fell from a moving motor vehicle while traversing the campus. The staffer (a controller) resigned and his wife filed suit against Hartland and settled for an undisclosed sum a little more than a year ago; The sanitarium facility contributed largely by the McKee Family had to be condemned and shut down. Osha and state officials have born down heavily on Hartland shutting down Dorm Facilities and imposing various other fire and safety standards upon Hartland Institute; the new auditorium has restricted usage that requires stand-by fire crews paid by Hartland during camp meetings and other events until Hartland installs a very expensive sprinkler system; Hartland's student body has shrunk to less than fifty based upon reports (those "unreliable" sources) and they obviously have almost no real media ministry, let a lone the failed health program.

If someone would like to open a Hartland Thread, I shall be happy share the many writings, including the exhortations of H. Bear, a mystery writer to this day. I also have such jewels as the Chairman's exit letter, Ron Spears' letter, and exhortations from other directors, including the purged directors.

So, SAM, thank you for the opportunity to rehash an old series of reports. I suppose that is proof that we have been ecclesiatical reporters long before
3ABN (oh, well, there goes another 3ABN allegation in the lawsuit). In fact, this was the first story we did outside the Atlantic Union, thus the title Atlantic Union Reporter for many years.

And yes, it is true that we wrote many a story and warned many an administrator of the issues at Atlantic Union College during the late 90's; and yes, we even were given top secret documents and published them to warn of imminent loss of Accreditation; and yes, you are correct, Most Directors, some Officers, and some staffers largely dismissed our warnings and calls for change while those with talent and wide open eyes exited;AUC pooh, poohed us even when we published the warning letter from NEASC; The president once stood in a general assembly of staff and students and told them we were the enemy!!! Union Officers and Directors heard us loud and clear but stood helplessly by, that is until AUC ACTUALLY LOST IT'S ACCREDITATION AND IT'S FEDERAL GRANTS AND LOANS. Only the quick firing of the president and his CRONIES and the hiring of an imminently qualified president (retired from Southern) was able to partially turn it around. However, the damages to the institution were so deep and cost so much that the institution still teeters on the verge of closure five years later. 

We do not enjoy "cutting down institutions" but will accept any challenge when that leadership is clearly abusing their position and utilizing an institution dedicated to the Lord's work for their own gain. That will continue to be my avocation and Lord knows there is plenty of fodder for the presses, even at Hartland Institute.  And we will continue to be a voice for the abused and disappointed underpaid missionaries that quietly go about their work despite the clear abuses of miscreant "leadership".

And thank-you, Hal Mayer, for the opportunity to yet again re-open the discussion of these critical issues found so often in cultic ministries. Since you have played the Pied Piper roll at Hartland for it's entire history, it is appropriate, with Colin Standish so close to retirement or other demise, to consider what would be best for Hartland Institute's future, and No, you are clearly not it!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »

Bonnie, I have modified my earlier response to indicate that I was replying to Sister's response to your post.

BTW, most take the Sister missives as gospel without knowing who her sources are, without any documentation of the allegations she has penned and without knowing who she actually is.  Is it wisdom to accept such purely by faith?

And, since you know who Sister is, do you have FAITH or are you simply a detractor and pretender searching for the truth, while you press home your efforts to undermine any opposition to your secret agenda?

And when you speak, do you speak for only yourself or are you frequently representing the faithless inquiries of former lawyers and other dtractors with a celar agenda to undermine and avoid the truth!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 08:23:31 PM »

Now, let's change one letter in a statement Bonnie made and see if the sentiment applies equally to the other side:

I know some on the outer edges of this mess may have a good reason for hiding their identity. When those that so staunchly and almost fanatically defend LS hide their identity it loses a lot of credibility.

Hammer still directly on target?

Let's try this once more.
What I said applies to both sides. I realize there are reasons for some to hide their identity. I don't care what the reason,Gailon,Joy and Fran's identity is right out there. You know who you are interacting with. I do not see that always on the other side. I see those very strident in their defense of DS,but I don't know who, haven't a clue if they come 3 for 1 price or not. Their dogmatic approach is not very convincing to me personally.

If you are as in a interested by stander it is probably not important what or who you are. When you reach the level of "I KNOW" then maybe it is time to stand up and put a name to the "I KNOW"

Frankly, anything Ian,anyman,sam have to say I take with a grain of salt. They want to be front and center in the defense of DS so badly yet hide

Doesn't mean I agree with or believe everything that is posted with a known name. It does mean at least I know whom I am dealing with instead of interacting with those that could be, Ian,Sam,anyman,DS, all rolled into one

Bonnie,

Some of what you say I agree with. What I do see though is contrary to your claims of being even handed, you are as one sided as anyone.  You are basically saying that if we don't present our real names we don't carry validity. Fine.  But I have never seen you address that directly to Sister who has played a huge part in defamation, or Snoopy, or Artiste or SSOM or Watchbird.....all either against 3abn and/or friends and supporters of Linda.

As Grandma pointed out you haven't made an issue out of a huge amount of emails submitted by the other side with names deleted and much of the wording edited.  You only bring it up to me and my one paltry little email.  FYI, I wasn't sure if the party that sent it to me wanted the names left in so deciding to err on the side of caution and confidentiality I deleted them.  I later found out it was fine to leave them in.  Had nothing whatsoever to do with playing games.

Speaking of, your take on the IRS announcements couldn't be any more off base as far as "milking" and "games" go.  I thought I had explained this but will try again to make you understand the events as they happened.

The attorney that handled the IRS case (not Duffy) called 3abn & Duffy and said he had just been contacted by the IRS with the question "did Danny and 3abn want their documents back or destroyed"?   The attorney ask then if the investigation was over?  The agent said he could not say "officially" but the 3abn attorney could contact the AG's office for official word.  It was a day or two later before the Attorney got in touch with the AG's office.  He was told from someone in that office that yes, officially it was over with no fines, penalities, etc and (for reasons I won't go into ) it had been a mistake to start the investigation in the first place. Hence, the apology of sorry your organization had to deal with this.

Once 3abn received this news, they ask if it could be made public as was only fair as the investigation was made public thanks to certain people. Some of those that new about it told it here on the internet.  That should have been the end of it. But no, Bonnie you like the other's here could not accept that and leave it alone. So what you call milking the situation was in reality you all not believing what we the defenders had told you.  Why should you have believed it?  Because it would be of a too serious nature to say something untrue publically where the IRS is concerned. It could have gotten 3abn, Danny and other people in a lot of trouble so why would the defenders put it out there if it wasn't so?

Because 3abn wanted to be able to prove to the diehards that it was over, days later they contacted the attorney's and ask for a letter of clearance. The attorney said they normally do not do that but he would try.  Over a period of a couple of weeks he tried talking to the AG but never made contact.
Because the attorney himself had spoken previously with the AG's office and knew it was over he decided along with Duffy to write a confirmation letter since he had not been able to contact the AG with 3abn's request for a letter.

So Bonnie, games? No. Milking? No.  Just battling with the redtape and hands of time where the government is concerned.

Never did anyone say there would be a letter of apology. That was verbal in a phone conversation.  The only fault I might accept for the 3abn defenders is having faith that the attorney's would be able to contact the AG and get an Official letter from the IRS.  When we said there would be a letter we were trusting in the government to do what was right but it didn't work that way.  Our fault since the attorney said to begin with that the IRS doesn't work that way and we should have listened.  That is NO reflection on DS or 3abn as no one has ever told me to come on the internet and write anything.  I think the rest of the defenders can say the same.  I use my own judgement and give my own opinion based on facts known to me.

Had people used their heads and common sense when we announced 3abn was cleared ,all of this "drama" as you call it would have never taken place. Your side is the reason it was drawn out.

I also want to address a post you made fairly recently where you said that your opinion of Danny was from Danny and his actions not from what anyone else has said.

Do you know Danny personally?  Have you had interaction with him or the "higher ups" at 3abn?  If you answer no to these questions then the only opinion you could have of DS is over what you have read on the internet. The accusations, edited emails, and the spins put on everything that is said and done.

Since someone at 3abntalk put the link to the only letters and program that concerned Linda, no one can possibly continue the lie that 3abn and DS publically trashed her.  Go look at the video. REad the letters.  Then come back and say 3abn/DS trashed Linda on the air or anywhere else.

I believe you said you weren't a 3abn viewer so all of your opinions of Danny have come from somewhere else.  As much as you want to believe that you are more reasonable than other's here (and sometimes you are) you still ended up as judge and jury where Danny is concerned and you came to your conclusions by faulty, tampered with information.

No Bonnie this is not a game to me...far from it.  The whole mess that Linda, Gailon, Pickle has started sickens me.  The fact that 3abn was forced to bring a lawsuit because of all of their defamation and lies sickens me.  The wound to the ministry sickens me.  I am here only to defend what I know to be right.  To let the lurkers see that all isn't painted as Pickle and Joy want people to believe. Luckily they have been painting their own selves into a corner where their shennanigans are concerned, which makes less work for me.  But, as long as I feel I have to be here, I will fight fire with fire. The difference being, my fire is truth.

Thank-you for yet another set of details. So which story is the accurate story? In other words, which story is the truth?

Gailon Arthur Joy

Petunia

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 09:29:03 PM »

Since this conflict, Hartland has seen the lifting of the Blessing of the Lord. Some examples include but are not limited to, and a key staffers' son was killed when he fell from a moving motor vehicle while traversing the campus. The staffer (a controller) resigned and his wife filed suit against Hartland and settled for an undisclosed sum a little more than a year ago; The sanitarium facility contributed largely by the McKee Family had to be condemned and shut down. Osha and state officials have born down heavily on Hartland shutting down Dorm Facilities and imposing various other fire and safety standards upon Hartland Institute; the new auditorium has restricted usage that requires stand-by fire crews paid by Hartland during camp meetings and other events until Hartland installs a very expensive sprinkler system; Hartland's student body has shrunk to less than fifty based upon reports (those "unreliable" sources) and they obviously have almost no real media ministry, let a lone the failed health program.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Back for a bit from lurkage. 

Have you considered Job?  You seem to have the same misguided interpretation of life on Planet Earth that Job's friends did.  To actually use the death of someone's child as evidience that God had withdrawn His blessing from those folks is beyond pathetic.  If one of your family members dies or is hurt does that mean that God has withdrawn His blessing from you?  Did you attribute the devastating tsunami to God lifting His blessing from all those folks who were washed away by the rampaging waves?

Bad things happen to both good and bad folks. 

Disgusting.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 09:51:32 PM »

Our brethren had no trouble attributing the San Francisco earthquake to the wickedness of the people at that time, when even the preachers were scoffing at the remonstrances of someone who I think was a Catholic priest. The brethren in that special issue of The Signs of the Times even stated that the scoffing printed in the newspaper(s), that ink wasn't even dried when the earthquake hit.

Of course, we need to be careful about that. But the facts are that sometimes God does indeed send judgments.

I refrain from saying whether the incident referred to qualifies, whether those involved were being picked on by Satan like Job, or otherwise.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 09:52:13 PM »

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Back for a bit from lurkage. 

Have you considered Job?  You seem to have the same misguided interpretation of life on Planet Earth that Job's friends did.  To actually use the death of someone's child as evidience that God had withdrawn His blessing from those folks is beyond pathetic.  If one of your family members dies or is hurt does that mean that God has withdrawn His blessing from you?  Did you attribute the devastating tsunami to God lifting His blessing from all those folks who were washed away by the rampaging waves?

Bad things happen to both good and bad folks. 

Disgusting.

In fact, I do. I believe that everything that happens has a purpose. And I believe in cause and affect.

As to the tsunami, it is clearly evidence of the Lord's withdrawing his hand from a decaying world. The Spirit of Prophecy warns of Islands moved out of their place and we saw that!!! Sumatra literally changed it's GPS coordinates.
And how many hundreds of thousands lost their lives? And I doubt we have seen the worst of it yet.

AND YUP, I absolutely do believe that when institutes dedicated to the Lord's work loose their way and aposticize they will pay an aweful price!!!

So learn to live with your disgust!!! But don't miss the warning signs!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 10:58:30 PM »

Yup.  Dejavu all right.  Hey sammy, thanks for opening up this can of worms.

I was sent this email by someone who had direct contact with Hartland.  Feels like Dejuvu to me.

I received this from Hartland on 5/28/2007.

Dear********

Yes, Gailon Joy was indirectly involved (or at least he tried to get himself involved). He was never a member of the staff, nor was he a member of any of its organizational bodies, so he only wrote what he heard by word of mouth. Most of what he wrote at that time was sheer misrepresentations of fact. In my opinion, he tried to spin anything and everything he heard in its worst possible construction. He has no compunction about bearing false witness.  He totally discredited himself to the vast majority of the staff at Hartland. His spin was so outlandish that it wasn’t credible to anyone that knew the truth. He was apparently being fed information though, from at least one disgruntled insider at Hartland, but never once did he bother to check with both sides on any story. He only consulted (obviously) with the one that he chose to represent (or rather with the one he used to make his misrepresentations). Most of our staff at the time got the very clear impression that he was not trying to be fair in his assessment, but rather biased – and in the extreme. So when we began reading what he wrote about 3ABN, we simply sent the emails to the dustbin. There may be elements of truth in what he has written about 3ABN (large or small), but I don’t recommend that you trust his spin. Be sure you can verify what he says from other sources.

We had the feeling that he enjoyed the work of trying to cut down institutions attempting to do God’s work and attempting to discredit their leaders. He seems to have a lot of time to waste on this self-appointed work. He also apparently claims that he was responsible for the dismissal of one of the presidents of AUC (which may have been needed), but I doubt that he was the one who accomplished it or that bears the responsibility for it.

Anyway, for what it is worth, that is my take on the situation.

God bless and keep you,

Sincerely,

(Pastor) Hal Mayer

Thank-you, SAM, for the reminder of my firm stand against Hal Mayer's leadership role at Hartland, WHICH STILL STANDS, and is supported by many Directors, Officers, AD COM members and staffers over the years. I will repeat the history for you and STILL STAND FIRMLY OPPOSED TO HAL MAYER"S  FAILED LEADERSHIP!!!

Let us start the response with my basis for injecting myself into the Hartland mess:

1) I had been a long term Hartland Supporter and contributed frequently to Hartland until Hal's second coup;

2) As a Director of New England Minisitries, we had encouraged the support of Hartland Institute and had raised large sums from New Englanders over more than a decade and Hal was a recipient on several occasions, Ron Goss and Dr Colin Standish on others;

3) New England Ministries, a conservative forum, had co-sponsored the 150th anniversary of the Great Disappointment in October, 2004 with Hartland Institute and Hope International (Hal Mayer was NOT an invited speaker for a number of reasons) a program that ran for nearly three months on the local Cable System;

4) Hal Mayer, as have so many other dissidents, has been a visitor to my home and has sought New England Ministries help with several projects over the years;

5) Many of our youth in New England were encouraged to attend Hartland Institute and in fact many New Englanders have graduated from there;

6) Many of the New England Ministry supporters over the years have taken the mission call to Hartland and served in many capacitites, including Hartland Directors, members of AD Com and other staff positions.

7) To a large degree, the failure of the Officers and staff at Hartland to work with the church and to follow Spirit of Prophecy educational standards was the reason for the founding of Outchetah Hills (Clark had been the Chairman at Hartland Institute before developing plans for an alternative at OH);

Hartland has suffered greatly as a result of Hal's first coup and Hal's second coup d'etat and if he had absolute control of Hartland Institute, we would logically have just another cult.

Much to the chagrin of Hal Mayer, I had many sources for the Hartland Stories, including directors, officers, staff and constituents. One major source regarding Hal Mayer's personal behavious was his own secretary who resigned and left Hartland Institute in protest to what she observed and heard.

My initial letter resulted from what I viewed as a serious conflict of interest where the Stewardship Director, Hal Mayer, of Hartland Instutute was under discipline and faced a pending disciplinary action beforoe the Board of Directors for waht some viewed as insubordination. While this conflict raged, Hal Mayer was defiant and found ways around the restrictions placed upon him by the AD COM.

In what was a clear self preservation move because he was not sure how the votes would line up in a pending Board of Directors meeting, Hal Mayer moved to take over the tape ministry of a venerable old warhorse and standard bearer, Elder Lawrence Nelson, Speaker and Director of Keep the Faith tape ministries. I broke the story (I believe thats called reporting) and protested Hal Mayer's conflict of interest of utilizing his Stewardship Director's position to grab what should have been been a terrific addition to the Hartland Media Center.

Hal Mayer's actions and accountability was so out of control, The Media Center director and another key player both resigned in protest and one is retired while the other works for Amazing Facts (she and her husband were voted out of the constituency by a cabal of Meyer supporters).

Instead of serving Hartland Institutes purposes as Stewardship Secretary, adding much needed revenues to the Hartland balance sheet, Hal Mayer took over the Keep The Faith Tape ministry based on the West Coast, retained his STEWARDSHIP DIRECTOR'S position at Hartland  and transferred the ministry  to Virginia to his own benefit.

Once again, those IRS 990's tell the story and demonstrate a man collecting for services at Hartland while running a seperate 501(c) 3 ministry for his own benefit. Obviously, the 990's are readily available to those who wish to see the revenue stream and the rather hefty balance sheet the Stewardship Director inherited from Elder Lawrence Nelson. A sum that I feel should have been recovered to the benefit of Hartland Institute, not Hal Mayer, the STEWARDSHIP DIRECTOR.

My position was not a conflict of one (Gailon Arthur Joy) versus Hal Mayer or even Hartland Institute, but rather a position I shared with many others on Hartlands Board of Directors, it's AD COM, some officers and many staffers. In fact, it was the seive of Hartland that provided all the sources for the various stories.

The battle to restore Hal Mayer by Hal Mayer supporters had many of the characteristics we have observed at many other independent ministries, including 3ABN. The difference is that the directors were narrowly split and a single vote restored Hal Mayer and moved him on his way to virtual control, including the purging of even the Hartland constituency in unprecedented challenges to opponents.

The Chairman of the Board resigned in protest. Others followed suit. Elder Ron Spear even called for reformation but the pleas fell on deaf ears.

If someone would like to open a Hartland Thread, I shall be happy share the many writings, including the exhortations of H. Bear, a mystery writer to this day. I also have such jewels as the Chairman's exit letter, Ron Spears' letter, and exhortations from other directors, including the purged directors.

So, SAM, thank you for the opportunity to rehash an old series of reports. I suppose that is proof that we have been ecclesiatical reporters long before
3ABN (oh, well, there goes another 3ABN allegation in the lawsuit). In fact, this was the first story we did outside the Atlantic Union, thus the title Atlantic Union Reporter for many years.

And yes, it is true that we wrote many a story and warned many an administrator of the issues at Atlantic Union College during the late 90's; and yes, we even were given top secret documents and published them to warn of imminent loss of Accreditation; and yes, you are correct, Most Directors, some Officers, and some staffers largely dismissed our warnings and calls for change while those with talent and wide open eyes exited;AUC pooh, poohed us even when we published the warning letter from NEASC; The president once stood in a general assembly of staff and students and told them we were the enemy!!! Union Officers and Directors heard us loud and clear but stood helplessly by, that is until AUC ACTUALLY LOST IT'S ACCREDITATION AND IT'S FEDERAL GRANTS AND LOANS. Only the quick firing of the president and his CRONIES and the hiring of an imminently qualified president (retired from Southern) was able to partially turn it around. However, the damages to the institution were so deep and cost so much that the institution still teeters on the verge of closure five years later. 

We do not enjoy "cutting down institutions" but will accept any challenge when that leadership is clearly abusing their position and utilizing an institution dedicated to the Lord's work for their own gain. That will continue to be my avocation and Lord knows there is plenty of fodder for the presses, even at Hartland Institute.  And we will continue to be a voice for the abused and disappointed underpaid missionaries that quietly go about their work despite the clear abuses of miscreant "leadership".

And thank-you, Hal Mayer, for the opportunity to yet again re-open the discussion of these critical issues found so often in cultic ministries. Since you have played the Pied Piper roll at Hartland for it's entire history, it is appropriate, with Colin Standish so close to retirement or other demise, to consider what would be best for Hartland Institute's future, and No, you are clearly not it!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2008, 12:09:34 AM »

Bonnie, it must really be a bone of contention to you when someone leaves out the name of a person or is themselves using an anonymous name or server as you mention it quite often. While on the one hand you state that you can understand why some do, on the other hand it prevents you from choosing to accept anything they say as the truth. Maybe it is because the 3ABN defenders do not continually complain or talk about what they have personally gone through because of those who do know, or think they know, who some of the defenders are. Some of us and including friends we know, family members and pastors have received harassing phone calls from the members of the other side and some several times a day. Some phone calls actually have someone calling the receiver a vile name and hanging up. One actually asked for one of the defenders by a log in name and when asked where they got the phone number they said the phone book. The log in name has never been in any phone book and the person they were trying to call didn’t even have a phone number listed or unlisted. Some of us have had the other side come to our homes. Then there are those of us who get banned because family members have the same IP # so we choose a server that gives anonymity. Others are banned because they use the same server that gives anonymity so have to seek another.

None of us want our children, grandchildren, other family members, or friends to suffer in any way and to especially hear such vile talk. The calls come from men and women alike.

Wow. Deja vu. I remember Tommy voicing some of the same complaints when he was being "persecuted" in the late 80s. People were coming to his house, calling at all hours of the day and night, harassing him and his family, etc.

Don't you people ever think of anything new?
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up