Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: We Suffered in Silence  (Read 16247 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: We Suffered in Silence
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 05:59:01 PM »

A bit off topic, but did anyone ever notice how many of the dangerous things that happened to the children in Uncle Arthur's stories, occurred
when the parents had left them home alone?

I have not seen the book under discussion, but it sounds as if it will fill a very deep need.

I always thought my boys needed a babysitter more in their teens than whenthey were under ten.
Unders ten they seemed to be more concerned about pleasing mom and dad than later,. :ROFL:

The book is very good .I hope many,many read it, and don't come away thinking that Nope, not in my church,couldn't happen. 
You have to wonder how many could be saved from so much harm if as much attention were paid to something like this compared to what I eat
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Emma

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 09:28:41 PM »

You have to wonder how many could be saved from so much harm if as much attention were paid to something like this compared to what I eat

Well I guess the real health message will pay as much attention to physical and emotional well being as to diet.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »

Well I guess the real health message will pay as much attention to physical and emotional well being as to diet.

I have no problem with the health message. But I don't think that is what you meant. The  attention to the emotional
aspect certainly needed by all those that have been abused
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:40:59 AM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Emma

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 12:35:45 AM »

I was concurring with your thought - or my interpretation thereof - that a real advocate of the health message will pay attention to a lot
more than diet, but will look to other areas of hurt, stress and damage, to help as possible.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up