Issues & Concerns Category > 3ABN (Links & Resources)

Unauthorized History of 3ABN

<< < (3/3)

Daryl Fawcett:
Why?...

Start the clock running...4 minutes for a commercial break, the countdown begins. This is CSI:Illinois (Church Show Investigation) and the computer in master control at NBC has inserted the scheduled commercials. Stay tuned for action that will follow...

Now the real action moves inside the living room. With the speed and agility of a pro team, the entire family responds in unison. Dad leaps to visit the facilities, sister rebounds from the kitchen, everybody's favorite drink is refreshed "remember Mama wants more ice in her tea", while Mama throws the popcorn into the microwave and grabs more chips, and in a flash the final countdown: 5...4...3...2...1 and the entire family has settled in their places, a look of anticipation on their faces. Tension is running high, what will that last shred of evidence reveal in the lab?

We interrupt the in-flight movie for brief announcement. Please remain in your seats, return your tray to an upright position and fasten your seatbelt, this is an announcement from your pilot and it just may answer some of your questions...

Both princessdi and Nuggie have wondered about "the motivation for these revelations and why here." PaperTigers responded, "I think the motivation might be that it's just time that more people were allowed to see "Behind the Scenes at 3ABN".

And now the rest of the story... I joined BSDA on December 17, 2004. I was surfing the net and found some references to this site. After lurking for a while, I joined. To be quite candid, I continued lurking even as a member. With the renewed interest in 3ABN after Danny's recent marriage, I began posting in the thread concerning that topic. A realization began to form, there is so much speculation about what has happened at 3ABN, perhaps it was time for someone with "insider" knowledge to pull away the curtain and reveal that the mighty Oz, was no more than a middle-aged man pulling the strings behind the facade. The only power he has is in the secrets that lie "Behind the Scenes at 3ABN" and too many of those "Golden Opportunities" were funneled directly or collaterally filling Danny's pockets

Why here? This is the online SDA forum where I am a member.

My motivation? It's time that more people were allowed to see "Behind the Scenes at 3ABN", with knowledge comes responsibility.

Stay tuned as the story continues...

Daryl Fawcett:
Don't forget that these were all originally posted by sister, not me. :)

Daryl Fawcett:
“What do you have in your hand?”...

There are incidents related that become the stuff from which legends and myths are created. One such story is told of a fund raising event that occurred in the Northwest. According to legend it came to pass in the open air, at dusk. That brief magical time between the light of day, where in the brightness of truth can separate itself from falsehood and the dark of night where intrigues are plotted and hatched. Danny was relating the story of Moses. Arriving at the juncture where God questions Moses, “What do you have in your hand?”We all know the answer, clasped in Moses’ hand is his Shepherd’s rod. An account is given of Danny throwing down a stick and unbeknownst to him, a snake slithers out of the grass. As the crowd stands mesmerized, Danny continues on with the story seemingly unaware of what has occurred. And the donations roll in. Upon closer examination, it has been suggested that the real snake in the grass stood on two legs.

So the birth of a new slogan for separating viewers from the contents of their wallets had taken place. But the reality and the intended results comically skewed in different directions. Rather than cold, hard cash all sorts of items were showing up at the compound of 3ABN: boats, RV’s, cars, boxed silverware sets, crocheted pillows lovingly crafted by white-haired ladies, and the list goes on and on... The good viewers took the call literally, to the chagrin of Danny Shelton, and Studio B took on the appearance of a major flea market.

To paraphrase the 19th century Scottish poet Robert Burns, “the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray, creating more problems, than the joy and gain envisioned by the schemers”.

It has been said that “that which is of God prospers, but not everything that prospers is of God”.There is a big yellow house located on the West Frankfort Lake Road. It is the house that Danny built. Not difficult to find, it’s location is an open secret in T’ville, only the employees of 3ABN have been forbidden to divulge it’s location.

Before it’s location was a so closely guarded secret from the viewers, I once heard tell of a man and his wife that were visiting 3ABN from California, a major marketing area for donations. After visiting the studios, turning left onto Highway 50, heading in the direction of West Frankfort, they took the first left onto West Frankfort Lake road. The entire parcel of land on their left was open pasture and a small herd of horses were grazing in the afternoon sunshine. The angle of light hitting some long shafts of dried grass made them appear as if they were straw spun out of pure gold. This field extends from the highway to the next T junction of West Frankfort Lake Road that leads to the driveway of what was the home of Danny and Linda Shelton. That beautifully lite pasture land belongs to 3ABN and the herd of horses grazing there to Danny Shelton.

As the reflection of the afternoon sun brings a faint shimmer of gold to the big yellow house, the man turns off the ignition of his car, both he and his wife stare in wonder. This huge yellow house facing them on the West Frankfort Lake Road is not the home they had envisioned for Danny and Linda Shelton. As they sit there, the wife slowly opens her purse, her hand reaches for her checkbook. She takes out the check that she had forgotten to give to Molly Steenson after their tour of the studio. How fortunate they had made this detour before heading over to the old studio site to visit the location of the new 3ABN Radio station. The following thought passes through her mind as she shreds the check into tiny pieces: if Danny and Linda can live in an estate like this, 3ABN really doesn’t need our donations. Returning to California that was the last check ever logged in that check register with 3ABN as the recipient and across the entry was neatly penned in capital letter one word, VOID.

As a curtain is pulled back, a familiar face peers out from behind the window observing the rain from the big yellow house on West Frankfort Lake Road. A bolt of lighting, so close that the tremendous roar of thunder that accompanies it is separated by only a fraction of a second, sends him recoiling from his observation post. Not enough time is available for Brandy’s children to complete the first number in the childhood countdown for reckoning distance...

The house that Danny built shakes in anticipation with the ever increasing possibility that the next hit could dislodge the actual foundation, its former glory dispersed, scattered by the four winds like a house of cards.

Wipe the sleet clean: remove Danny Shelton, Molly and Hal Steenson, Walt Thompson and the others that have been involved in supporting this corrupt administration. After the dust has settled and the rubble has been removed, what is left: a world-wide ministry with programming intended to reach people thirsting for the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

To be continued...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version