Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Danny Shelton, 3ABN Founder  (Read 12845 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Danny Shelton, 3ABN Founder
« on: May 18, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »

(From the 3ABN website)

Danny Shelton, founder and past president of 3ABN, now serves as its corporate consultant. In 1984 he was impressed to “build a television station that would reach the world with the undiluted three angels’ messages” of Revelation 14.

Through his vision and hard work, Three Angels Broadcasting Network began broadcasting on satellite just two years later. Today 3ABN television and radio networks are broadcast worldwide on 11 satellites and hundreds of television and radio stations, as well as the Internet.

Each day, as hearts are won to Jesus, we fulfill our purpose as the “Mending Broken People” network.

(He will be speaking this weekend at Hagerstown, Maryland.)
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

Re: Danny Shelton, 3ABN Founder
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »

Isn't that where the Review and Herald Publihing House is located?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »

Apparently so.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »

From Wikipedia, 3ABN:

"The ministry was cofounded by Danny Shelton with his wife at the time, Linda Shelton."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:17:36 PM »

Also from Wikipedia:

"...As a result of all the attention within the church, the leadership is conflicted and perhaps confused with how to deal with this since they have no authority in the matter. Conflicting statements of how 3ABN will be treated have come forward from top officials in the Seventh-day Adventist denomination."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »

Isn't that where the Review and Herald Publihing House is located?

Do you think he is speaking at the Review and Herald offices?

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 06:01:19 AM »

Also from Wikipedia:

"...As a result of all the attention within the church, the leadership is conflicted and perhaps confused with how to deal with this since they have no authority in the matter. Conflicting statements of how 3ABN will be treated have come forward from top officials in the Seventh-day Adventist denomination."

Note: the wikipedia quotes were authored and submitted by Wiki user "Dr Pickle" Aka Robert Pickle. (No he is not a Doctor, and no he doesn't have a doctorate) Dr Pickle's submissions do not meet Wikipedias standards for documentation and proof. If you read the edit notes and discussions about them you can see the controversy for yourself, but he  doesn't understand OR REFUSES TO, and just keeps changing the article to suit his opinions.
  For example, He gets one quote from one man who was negative about 3abn and wrong, and reported it as if he was "leadership" and represented all. Then a quote from someone in a position of leadership is quoted correcting the other, and now he posts "Leadership is conflicted and perhaps confused" as if these 2 men are all. Mountains out of molehills... Artiste obviously buys all he says,  and clams, but I don't...

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »

Also from Wikipedia:

Note: the wikipedia quotes were authored and submitted by Wiki user "Dr Pickle" Aka Robert Pickle. (No he is not a Doctor, and no he doesn't have a doctorate) Dr Pickle's submissions do not meet Wikipedias standards for documentation and proof. If you read the edit notes and discussions about them you can see the controversy for yourself, but he  doesn't understand OR REFUSES TO, and just keeps changing the article to suit his opinions.
  For example, He gets one quote from one man who was negative about 3abn and wrong, and reported it as if he was "leadership" and represented all. Then a quote from someone in a position of leadership is quoted correcting the other, and now he posts "Leadership is conflicted and perhaps confused" as if these 2 men are all. Mountains out of molehills... Artiste obviously buys all he says,  and clams, but I don't...

Another example of your evil surmising.

I did not write the words quoted.

If by "NoSir" you mean that you are a woman, perhaps that is true, perhaps not. It depends on your gender.

The user name as a whole, "No surmising," is a falsity is it is meant to mean that you do not surmise.

But my user name on WikiPedia was never meant to convey the idea that I have a doctorate. It was chosen for three other reasons, each of which is utterly true and correct.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 11:35:01 AM »

"Conflicting statements of how 3ABN will be treated have come forward from top officials in the Seventh-day Adventist denomination."

That was in the past...

Apparently now the top officials of the Seventh-day Adventist church have resolved to keep the status quo with 3ABN, ignoring it as a church-related institution in some cases, and legitimizing the relationship in other cases by having church officials appear on its programing.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 11:50:33 AM »

Nosir Myzing,  who wrote the Wikipedia entry is not the issue, as I see it. The larger issue is that Danny just takes full credit for establishing 3ABN.  That is a lie.  Everyone knows it's a lie.  How does he keep any kind of crediblity to speak with the slightest amount of spiritual authority, if it all begins with lie? 

So he and Linda's marriage did not work out, for whatever reason, he doesn't get to change hsitory to fit his ego.  But then again, I guess he does since he started out getting to make up his own reason for the break.  Come on now!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

HaroldT

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 04:56:03 PM »

I agree with princissdi.  Danny Shelton didn't start 3ABN. God did.  As long as it is serving the purpose He wanted, it will survive.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 12:26:50 AM »

Did the Battle Creek institution survive for a period of time even after it had stopped fulfilling God's purpose?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 03:27:15 AM »

To answer your question, one must ask:  When did the Battle Creek Sanitarium quite filling God's purpose.  NOTE: I assume that you referenced the Sanitarioium rather than the Review & Herald.

Well, the Sanitarium burned in 1902.  After it was rebuilt and dedicated in 1903, EGW spoke about it at the General Conference.  At that time she clearly refered to the new building as being the Lord's institution and urged that it be supported.  See The General Conference Bulliten, 1903, pages 58 & 67 as reported in Ellen G. White: The Early Elmshaven Years, Vol 5, 1900-1905, pages 148, 162 & 163.

Once the Sanitarium left the Church, ,so to speak, it was operated by J. H. Kellogg.  Eventually the property was purchased by the U. S. Government  (early 1940s, I think) and it is presently used as a government office building.  Due to its SDA history, official denominational agencies are allowed to take groups on tours of the building.  A few years ago, I took one sponsored by aDventist Chaplaincy Ministries of the General  Conference.

While I do not have the date before me,  a smaller medical institution was established in Battle Creek.  I am uncertain at the moment as to whether or not it is still in operation.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 03:33:15 AM »

Some SDA historians would place EGWs lack of support for Battle Creek Sanitarium as late 1905 and early 1906.

Johann

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 03:45:32 AM »

I do not remember the details but is seems to me that a group of SDA physicians bought the old Battle Creek Sanitarium. Seems like they placed it at the disposal of the Church some time during the last half of the 20th Century. I do not know if the Government got it back or not.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up