Theology Category > Doctrinal Discussions

In the Beginning

<< < (2/5) > >>

Johann:

--- Quote from: Daryl Fawcett on January 30, 2008, 06:03:21 AM ---A beginning though doesnt necessarily mean an ending, as will be in the case of a new heaven and a new earth.

--- End quote ---

What does "new" imply in Scripture? With God's sustaining power what is untainted by sin does not deteriorate. Therefore it remains "new" forever. A heaven where sin has not reached remains new.

Even a beginning remains new when God's creative power is present.

Siriss:
Just something to think about. 

Take out a piece of paper and a pencil.  Put the pencil down on the paper--anywhere on the paper.  Now, with a circular motion of the wrist, draw a circle.  Lift your pencil from the paper and observe:  where there once was a beginning there was also an end, but neither the beginning nor the end are henceforth discernable.  The beginning and the end are reconciled one to the other and the circle is complete. 

WillowRun:
We were created as linear beings.  God sees the beginning from the end because He is on the outside of linear time.  I can't wait to experience the eternal presence of God.  I hope I am counted among the worthy.

Respectfully,

Willow

inga:

--- Quote from: Fair Havens on January 28, 2008, 07:42:21 PM ---John begins his gospel by stating "In the Beginning" what is this beginning?

--- End quote ---
I have always read this passage to mean that "in the beginning" (whatever 'beginning' we choose to think of), God was already in existence. (Since we are finite, we cannot comprehend the infinite God.)

The text says nothing about the beginning of God -- just that God was there "in the beginning."

Johann:
And there will be an end to the history of the present sinful world, but God will still be there. That is our hope and comfort!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version