Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Jim Gilley believe that Danny Shelton will "finish the work"?  (Read 31168 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

In the June, 2011, edition of 3ABN World, exerpts from Jim Gilley's "President's Letter" are as follows:

As a young man, I used to look at the difficulty, if not impossibility, of giving the gospel to the world. I would hear the phrase, “When the last missionary goes over the last hill with the gospel, then Christ will come.” I would think to myself, How long that would take! It seemed like it would never happen.

Even with the few programs that were preaching the third angel’s message, like The Voice of Prophecy, It Is Written, and Faith for Today, I knew it would be an enormous task...

How, oh Lord, how will it happen?

Then the Lord put the vision in Danny Shelton’s heart to begin 3ABN, preaching the three angels’ messages of Revelation, 24 hours a day, seven days a week...

"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Does Jim Gilley believe that Danny Shelton will "finish the work"?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »

Even with the few programs that were preaching the third angel’s message, like The Voice of Prophecy, It Is Written, and Faith for Today, I knew it would be an enormous task...

So 3ABN is able to give the message properly which is good since Voice of Prophecy, It is Written, and Faith for Today were not quite up to the task?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 04:16:51 AM »

So 3ABN is able to give the message properly which is good since Voice of Prophecy, It is Written, and Faith for Today were not quite up to the task?

Sources tell us that Jim Gilley cast the deciding vote in May 2008 after the directors were informed that the book deal scandal was true, and when Danny then had to leave the room while the directors voted on whether to boot him out of there.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »

Sources tell us that Jim Gilley cast the deciding vote in May 2008 after the directors were informed that the book deal scandal was true, and when Danny then had to leave the room while the directors voted on whether to boot him out of there.

Then Jim Gilley needs to continue supporting Danny Shelton.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 01:54:29 PM »

Then Jim Gilley needs to continue supporting Danny Shelton.

Why?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 02:20:58 PM »

So he won't look like he was making a mistake in supporting him in the past.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »

But I thought confession and repentance were a condition for salvation?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 02:59:01 PM »

More politics than confession and repentance?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 06:19:24 PM »

Were those reliable sources?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 06:54:44 PM »

I think so. As reliable as any.

And it's the only thing that makes sense. We were also told that some board members resigned in protest. That would be May 2008. Not till early 2009 did we find out who were the current board members. Garwin McNeilus, Stan Smith, and May Chung were gone. Larry Welch was also replaced by C.A. Murray.

Now why would Garwin and Stan have resigned if the story wasn't true?

And I don't see how anyone can question the idea that Danny was funneling 3ABN money into his pocket using book deals, kickbacks, and royalties.

Were those reliable sources?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »

In the new July edition of 3ABN World, Jim Gilley says, "How often we here at 3ABN review how God gave Danny this dream, the reality of which is even greater than he could imagine in those early days!"

youngwarrior

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 04:31:53 PM »

Personally I have no problem believing that God used Danny and Kenny to raise up the ministry.  I also have no problem believing that Danny has taken the ministry in a direction God never intended and that God will, in His own time, make things right.  I just hope it doesn't require shutting it down.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 09:42:06 PM »

Personally I have no problem believing that God used Danny and Kenny to raise up the ministry.  I also have no problem believing that Danny has taken the ministry in a direction God never intended and that God will, in His own time, make things right.  I just hope it doesn't require shutting it down.

:goodpost:

I agree, youngwarrior.  Very well said.  And welcome to AdventTalk, by the way.  I am glad you are here!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 07:12:01 AM »

Youngwarrior, I am impressed!  Excellent!

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 01:28:42 PM »

Yes, this verbiage is reminiscent of Castro, Chavez, Kim Jong Il, Rev Moon and all the other groups who are centered around a person and whose ability to function is exclusively centric to that one individual, or his decendents.

In the new July edition of 3ABN World, Jim Gilley says, "How often we here at 3ABN review how God gave Danny this dream, the reality of which is even greater than he could imagine in those early days!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up