Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: What did Walt Thompson mean? Why did Greg Thompson get fired?  (Read 74236 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: What did Walt Thompson mean? Why did Greg Thompson get fired?
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2008, 07:29:01 PM »

I love Gailon's word choices!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »

And I would be greatly surprised if no one ever again questioned any of Gailon's word choices.

Yet a big bulldog just may be what Danny and his attorneys need.

Bob;

I believe your statement to be true.  Sometimes you just spin your wheels talking to certain people.  It is necessary to be a bull dog to get the peoples attention!  I have used that approach several times.  I believe that there are times you have to talk on the level of those you are speaking to!  Danny is a bull dog; totally and completely!  He boldly and brazenly continues his actions as if he has done nothing wrong.  I have documentation, and so do you, that this is not the case.  Yet, he boldly lies and just acts as if the problems do not exist. 

You can make calm, politically correct statements and nothing changes.  However, if you step out and tell it like it is, people will get mad at you or the one/thing you are speaking of.  I call it, "Shock and Awe."  I have been called a "bull dog".  When I read that description of me, I smiled and thought, finally someone is paying attention!

Attention to the 3ABN/Danny Shelton would probably have died on the vine had only calm talk had continues.  I used that approach to get people to think about what was happening.  The Lord knew I needed a rest and sent Gailon.  Praise God!  His words may not be politically correct at all times.  However, no one can deny that this causes thought about what is happening.

Which is worse; listening to a "Bull Dog,"  or listening to politically correct statements that allows the church to be shamed and open sin to abound?  I will take the "Bull Dog" any day of the week; especially when it works as Gailon's many statements have done.  The church is listening; 3ABN is listening; the members in the pews are listening; and if his statements seem crash and mean, I see you are not only listening, but hearing.

Fran,

You are so precious!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 01:52:47 AM by Johann »

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 11:48:13 PM »

Bob;

I believe your statement to be true.  Sometimes you just spin your wheels talking to certain people.  It is necessary to be a bull dog to get the peoples attention!  I have used that approach several times.  I believe that there are times you have to talk on the level of those you are speaking to!  Danny is a bull dog; totally and completely!  He boldly and brazenly continues his actions as if he has done nothing wrong.  I have documentation, and so do you, that this is not the case.  Yet, he boldly lies and just acts as if the problems do not exist. 

You can make calm, politically correct statements and nothing changes.  However, if you step out and tell it like it is, people will get mad at you or the one/thing you are speaking of.  I call it, "Shock and Awe."  I have been called a "bull dog".  When I read that description of me, I smiled and thought, finally someone is paying attention!

Attention to the 3ABN/Danny Shelton would probably have died on the vine had only calm talk had continues.  I used that approach to get people to think about what was happening.  The Lord knew I needed a rest and sent Gailon.  Praise God!  His words may not be politically correct at all times.  However, no one can deny that this causes thought about what is happening.

Which is worse; listening to a "Bull Dog,"  or listening to politically correct statements that allows the church to be shamed and open sin to abound?  I will take the "Bull Dog" any day of the week; especially when it works as Gailon's many statements have done.  The church is listening; 3ABN is listening; the members in the pews are listening; and if his statements seem crash and mean, I see you are not only listening, but hearing.

If that is what is needed to get the relevant people to listen, then so be it.

Johann

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 07:13:48 AM »

Bob;

If that is what is needed to get the relevant people to listen, then so be it.

Even Jesus used a whip.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 09:10:21 PM »

It will take more than a whip or a bulldog to clean up Laodicea!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 10:30:49 PM »

It will take more than a whip or a bulldog to clean up Laodicea!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

'Battle Creek fires' in various locations might start to make people wake up to themselves, before it is too late, so you think?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »

Thank-you, Avidwalker, for the question.

We know from a communique we were given nearly a year ago that Danny's brother had claimed that we had cost Greg his job. Since then there have been various allegations regarding this concept. At one point we decided to investigate FHB and discovered it was Greg, which certainly clarified the motivation for the hostility.

As we pressed further, we discovered that Greg had been a student at AUC in the early 89-91 period, while we were actively involved in defending Virginia Jean Rittenhouse from ridiculous allegations of discrimination and "excessive expectation" workloads to the students at the Thayer Music Conservatory and in her New England Ensemble, world renowned at the time. We were just a newsletter then, but read throughout the New England conferences by a number of members. We also supported New England Ministries at the Time, a conservative forum group that sponsored conservative speakers to speak one sabbath a month (these included Osborne, Standish, Spear, Larsen, Ron Goss, etal). For some reason, they seem to believe that a student classmate breached some form of confidentiality and gave us information that we passed to the private school where Greg was teaching and he was terminated midyear.

Frankly, we learned enough to decide that Greg was off limits and we have never told anyone anything of what we learned...it was simply not relevant to the 3ABN/Danny Lee Shelton Discussions...the same position we have taken on Brandy and a host of others  such as Lomacang. We find their blindness to the truth profound, but not without motivation, and have simply left it that way.

It is a common tactic by the opponents of journalism to attack the messenger rather than take on the message and defend their position with documentation.  I am quite use to it. When we tell the truth and document the same, we will be exonerated time after time by the passage of time and unravelling of the factually challenged statements by blind defenders of fallacy.

The proof is in the documentation. We have repeatedly requested the documentation and they have repeatedly refused to produce the documentation. They claim the purpose of the Lawsuite is to make public the truth, but attempt to impound the case. Bob has done requests to produce the documents and now they attempt to prove to the court that everything is covered by some imaginary confidentiality. They simply avoid documenting the truth and one must logically ask WHY??? They still have not documented the very first allegation and still have not produced one document to prove that Linda was guilty of anything worthy of termination,  other than being married to Danny Lee Shelton and a discardable possession that had worn out her welcome.

We would challenge Greg, Danny's brother and Dr Walter Thompson to provide proof of this ridiculous allegation and post it here or anywhere else. And if they are convinced that we were responsible for Gregs' termination, why has Greg not filed suite against us?? I suspect the documentation will be avoided like all other documentation requests.

And they want the truth to finally exonerate them??? The history is not good and I doubt we will see any proof without another court fight!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Is this backstory still contributing to any of the ongoing issues at this time, other than the fact that the lawsuit is in place as it is now?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 06:09:51 PM by Artiste »
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »

Is this backstory still contributing to any of the ongoing issues at this time, other than the fact that the lawsuit is in place as it is now?

There are some that have questioned why a purportedly Conservative SDA Board would give permission to file suite. The contenetion is that they were highly motivated by some event or series of events. These same people have proposed that Greg's firing may have been manipulated by DLS and blamed on us in concert with the allegations that we were attacking the entire Shelton family and were trying to get Ronnie, Tommy, Tammy and Danny all fired. Greg would have been an example.

On the other hand, given the failure of the board to reply, investigate or even meet with us from September 2006 onward and then to simply file suite suggets it was simply an issue of bruised ego's with a clear agenda to impede, if not stop the investigation, close up the leaks at 3ABN and to look like they were the victims of a scandalous attack...but then you must wonder just how they explain the interest of the IRS Criminal Investiagtion division?

But then, maybe they think Linda runs that as well!!!

Then there is the story that the GC paid me to deliver 3ABN into the GC hands...but I hear they just don't pay well!!! But this may have ignited quite a bit of excitement to the board of an independent ministry with an agenda and political goals in 2010!!! For the record, I don't believe the GC has much interest in inheriting the 3ABN mess!!! But then, Gilley was crazy enough to try and I give him high marks for trying to climb Mount Everest...in the winter, none-the-less!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2008, 11:04:56 PM »

There are some that have questioned why a purportedly Conservative SDA Board would give permission to file suite. The contenetion is that they were highly motivated by some event or series of events. These same people have proposed that Greg's firing may have been manipulated by DLS and blamed on us in concert with the allegations that we were attacking the entire Shelton family and were trying to get Ronnie, Tommy, Tammy and Danny all fired. Greg would have been an example.

On the other hand, given the failure of the board to reply, investigate or even meet with us from September 2006 onward and then to simply file suite suggets it was simply an issue of bruised ego's with a clear agenda to impede, if not stop the investigation, close up the leaks at 3ABN and to look like they were the victims of a scandalous attack...but then you must wonder just how they explain the interest of the IRS Criminal Investiagtion division?

Then there is the story that the GC paid me to deliver 3ABN into the GC hands...but I hear they just don't pay well!!! But this may have ignited quite a bit of excitement to the board of an independent ministry with an agenda and political goals in 2010!!! For the record, I don't believe the GC has much interest in inheriting the 3ABN mess!!! But then, Gilley was crazy enough to try and I give him high marks for trying to climb Mount Everest...in the winter, none-the-less!!!
Gailon Arthur Joy

From what I know, he certainly needs our prayers as it's not exactly what he expected.
Of course, we could have warned him (and some probably tried to) that he may be more then surprised at a few things, as many have also been very surprised to learn there is much more to DS then ever meets the eye, whether on the tv screen or once you're  at the "compound".  :o Maybe a bit like "hotel california"??  WAKE UP PEOPLE!
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2008, 11:06:56 PM »

Amen!!!

GAJ

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2008, 01:14:24 AM »

Amen!!!

GAJ

Some people are just slow learners.

Johann

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2008, 09:19:43 AM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

Isaiah 59:4 (New American Standard Bible)
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
[NASB at Lockman] [The Lockman Foundation] [NASB at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

4No one sues righteously and no one pleads honestly
         They trust in confusion and speak lies;
         They conceive mischief and bring forth iniquity.

I think this text says it all.

Ozzie

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2008, 11:37:34 PM »

Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

What a profound statement that sums up the situation in words that we humans would have difficulty putting together. But then... God's Word is sharper than any two-edged sword.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

ImaAnt

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »

"Says it all" because you believe it applies to this scenario or this is always true no matter what the circumstances?

Johann

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2008, 08:41:30 AM »

"Says it all" because you believe it applies to this scenario or this is always true no matter what the circumstances?

No, not at all - unless you happen to believe the Word of God applies to us. Would it be a delusion to make such an assumption?

How about this:

Job 12:17
He leadeth counsellors away spoiled, and maketh the judges fools.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up