Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN settles with Alex Walker over Tommy Shelton's pedophilia  (Read 75939 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: 3ABN settles with Alex Walker over Tommy Shelton's pedophilia
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2013, 01:10:43 PM »

Bob, don't twist my words. I'm saying that he shouldn't have passed things that was not subpoenaed to you. And don't say he didn't, because that would be a lie.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2013, 01:34:35 PM »

Gailon, Dryden has not "cleaned up" anything. He is a failure. Again, I went to his church. You did not. Case closed.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »

Gailon, Dryden has not "cleaned up" anything. He is a failure. Again, I went to his church. You did not. Case closed.

Such arrogance!!! "Case closed."?

There is nothing I can find more objectionable than ANYONE telling me: This is the story...and you must accept it without further consideration!!! Did we do that when Danny Lee Shelton or Chairman Thompson made similar assertions? ABSOLUTELY NOT and it will NOT HAPPEN FOR YOU!!!

You have made clear assertions and allegations...they are clearly disputable...Pastor Dryden came into a church torn asunder by YOUR controversy and scandal. He left, how many years ago??? I can tell you it is 23 years he has been gone...and just why has it not rebuilt under a new pastor or pastors???

When you consider that and answer that OBVIOUS Query, we MAY have a foundation for discussion. If you cannot answer the obvious, this discussion is FAR FROM CLOSED!!! WE SEARCH FOR ANSWERS...WE SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH!!!

You cannot blame a single person for a lifetime for the failure or a church that is far from it's height, ironically when the MAN OF SIN reigned and all fell in lock-step to suppress the open and notorious sin of it's pastor...and you cannot escape that simple truth as Shelton served how many times???

It is not that simple and you do not get away with answers that defy history on this websight!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2013, 04:20:03 PM »

Where do you get your math? Dryden did not leave Ezra 23 years ago......
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2013, 04:21:19 PM »

Such arrogance!!! "Case closed."?

There is nothing I can find more objectionable than ANYONE telling me: This is the story...and you must accept it without further consideration!!! Did we do that when Danny Lee Shelton or Chairman Thompson made similar assertions? ABSOLUTELY NOT and it will NOT HAPPEN FOR YOU!!!

You have made clear assertions and allegations...they are clearly disputable...Pastor Dryden came into a church torn asunder by YOUR controversy and scandal. He left, how many years ago??? I can tell you it is 23 years he has been gone...and just why has it not rebuilt under a new pastor or pastors???

When you consider that and answer that OBVIOUS Query, we MAY have a foundation for discussion. If you cannot answer the obvious, this discussion is FAR FROM CLOSED!!! WE SEARCH FOR ANSWERS...WE SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH!!!

You cannot blame a single person for a lifetime for the failure or a church that is far from it's height, ironically when the MAN OF SIN reigned and all fell in lock-step to suppress the open and notorious sin of it's pastor...and you cannot escape that simple truth as Shelton served how many times???

It is not that simple and you do not get away with answers that defy history on this websight!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Ezra has rebuilt. No thanks to Glenn Dryden. My understanding is they are growing. Glenn Dryden did them a favor by leaving, but it wasn't 23 years ago. Your Math is wrong. Now, CCOG is nearly dead due to Dryden. So your point is??????

And he's aarogant? Take a look in the mirror.
Alex L. Walker

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2013, 04:23:55 PM »

So Alex is a millionaire now?

Present Value may be debatable, but there is no question he will be comfortable for a very long time. If he manages his money wisely, he will be comfortable the rest of his life!!! He actually settled two cases in one as 3ABN did not want a second front in Virginia!!! Nor did the insurance company!!!

Sadly, there was a five million dollar policy was on the table against the COG Dun Loring!!! This was forfeited in Alex's case, but not for OTHER claimants.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2013, 05:25:45 PM »

Whatever one may think of Dryden on a personal level, I have my doubts that the cases in in VA and IL would have gone as smoothly as they did had Dryden said nothing.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »

When did he leave?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2013, 04:05:25 AM »

No, Ezra is not growing. They are still reeling from the effects of Dryden's incompetence. The truth is, there was another pastor right after TS and the church did well under his leadership.  People left regularly under Dryden.

Use caps all you want, but this is not "my" controversy. I did nothing to create it.

I don't know how to make it any more olain. The decision of whether or not to file a suit is mine alone. You have no right to expect me to go one way or the other, Gailon.

As far as "things going more smoothly" after Dryden's gossip, that couldn't be further from the truth. I had moved on, and now I have to deal with this again daily. Glenn Dryden is a jerk for digging this up again. He is no hero.
Duane Clem

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2013, 05:18:48 AM »

Bob, don't twist my words. I'm saying that he shouldn't have passed things that was not subpoenaed to you. And don't say he didn't, because that would be a lie.

My apologies for misunderstanding what you meant. Since you wrote:

No, he should not have passed it on to you! He should have passed it on to authorities not you. And after he did that he should have kept his big mouth shut.

right after I wrote:

It has more to do with someone else's misunderstanding which I referred to above. Dryden had to turn over the documents that he hadn't given us before.

I took you to mean that he shouldn't have turned over the documents to us that he had to turn over to us because of the subpoena.

And do note that I was addressing a document that, according to my understanding, someone thought Dryden had given us without being subpoenaed.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2013, 05:24:00 AM »

When did he leave?

23 years ago would be 1990. I think Gailon may have been referring to Tommy leaving Ezra or Illinois rather than Dryden. Tommy hit the road promoting 3ABN in 1991, I believe.

Dryden was back in Dunn Loring by 2006 for sure, and was still in Illinois in 2003.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2013, 06:04:02 AM »

My apologies for misunderstanding what you meant. Since you wrote:

No, he should not have passed it on to you! He should have passed it on to authorities not you. And after he did that he should have kept his big mouth shut.

right after I wrote:

It has more to do with someone else's misunderstanding which I referred to above. Dryden had to turn over the documents that he hadn't given us before.

I took you to mean that he shouldn't have turned over the documents to us that he had to turn over to us because of the subpoena.

And do note that I was addressing a document that, according to my understanding, someone thought Dryden had given us without being subpoenaed.

I understand, Bob. However, I was meaning he should not have done it voluntary.
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2013, 06:28:27 AM »

:scratch:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:09:28 AM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2013, 09:40:30 AM »

Where is Dryden now?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2013, 10:13:16 PM »

Where is Dryden now?
In Dunn Loring, VA, "growing" CCOG the way he "grew" Ezra.
Duane Clem
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up