Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Arild Abrahamsen's Letter of Concern to Mark Finley  (Read 83495 times)

Johann

Dr. Arild Abrahamsen's Letter of Concern to Mark Finley
« on: June 03, 2010, 02:28:19 PM »

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Arild Abrahamsen - - - wrote:

Hello Pastor Mark,

You may remember meeting me at the 2004 3ABN Campmeeting.  Myself, Dr. Arild Abrahamsen, and Pastor Johann Thorvalsson were there to attend the Campmeeting and to also seek an audience with some of the Board members.  As you may recall, while you and I were in the parking lot talking, Danny Shelton drove up threatening to have me removed  by the police if I came back, and put in jail. His purpose in doing this was very clear.  He did not want to be exposed for his horrific actions against his wife, Linda, trumping up false charges against her and ultimately getting her fired from her 20 year position at 3ABN.

The reason I am writing is because I have been so burdened with the above action, and more.  I cannot let it rest until I confront you with the burden and receive your response to the matter.  As you know, Alyssa, Linda's daughter came forward in 2004, making known the unwelcome sexual advances of her stepfather, Danny Shelton.  This was a difficult thing for a young girl to do.  She specified that she only wanted it to be shared with church officials so that it could be dealt with in a proper and Christian manner.  Pastor Thorvalsson tried to do just that.  It is my understanding that this matter came to your attention.  Yet Alyssa was never contacted.  The matter was dropped.  (Sadly, Alyssa is attending the Methodist Church at this time.)

It appears to me that as a Vice-President of our beloved Church that high profile problems should be dealt with in a more firm and judicious way.  Sweeping them under the rug will just delay the lurking public "explosion."  I understand that 3ABN is not under the control of the General Conference in one way.  But in another way it is.  3ABN's governing Board of Directors and leadership consists of Seventh day Adventists.  In order for them to maintain a membership in good status, they must function a certain way consistant with our beliefs.  Throwing away a wife of twenty years and marrying a woman half his age who's vocation is that of a nude dancer is not what I call "holding up the standard."  Then in a matter of a couple years Brandy files for divorce. Additionally, making inappropriate advances to a stepdaughter also does not fall under the standards of our Church.  And the list goes on.  It appears that the real story of what occurred six years ago is that a very visible televangelist fathered a child with a young woman.  When the mother of the child began to pressure him the televangelist began circulating lies about his wife, he manipulated events to get her fired and then he made continued efforts to keep her out of the public eye to hide the lies of the corporation.  Then the Church turned a blind eye to these events...perhaps because of the benefits obtained from exposure on a worldwide satellite station?

I realize that you are good friends with Walt Thompson and that you listened to "his version" of the events that occurred.  But are you aware that Walt Thompson performed an abortion on his own daughter?  Are you aware that she committed suicide a short time after this abortion?  He doesn't sound like a great source to obtain information to me.

Pastor Mark, it is not too late to correct the mistakes of the past.  You have made the statement that you believe Danny misused your name and reputation in his claims against Linda.  You have also made the statement that you believe Linda is innocent to Pastor Thorvalsson by phone. This poor woman has suffered incredibly at the hands of Danny Shelton and 3ABN.  Letters smearing her reputation were sent to 180,000 people.  Very many individual letters containing slanderous statements were also sent to those who sent inquiries.  Out and out lies were told about her and me.  People who called the ministry were told "Linda left with another man."  Even the present administration is still putting out the same slanderous statements.  Several times when Linda has received an invitation to a SDA event 3ABN representatives call to try to have her appearance canceled.  Threats are made about their programs being removed from 3ABN and also them losing ASI donations just for using Linda Shelton in a service.  It is the most despicable behavior of so called "Adventists" that I have ever witnessed in my life! Linda's very effective ministry has been destroyed at the hand of "Adventists."  The inaction of the Church at large quietly endorses the actions of these alien "Adventists."  I would like to challenge you to do the right thing regarding this situation now.  The Washington Post, as well as national media services, has already erupted with the arrest of Tommy Shelton.  I believe this is just the beginning of the boiling volcano.  Your voice is needed now to correct a great wrong which has been done and perhaps stay the coming public disaster.  I feel, if help cannot be obtained from you and the leadership of the Seventh day Adventist Church, that I must seek avenues to correct the errors at this time.
 I look forward to your response to this matter.

Sincerely,

Dr. Arild Abrahamsen,MD

Johann

Re: Dr. Arild Abrahamsen's Letter of Concern to Mark Finley
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »

Sendt: 25. March 2010 19:05
To: Arild Abrahamsen
Subject: Letter

Dear Arild,

This morning I received your e-mail and reviewed it carefully. While I fully recognize that this unfortunate situation has brought significant pain to a number of people, I note a number of inaccuracies in the assumptions you have made. Some certainly do not harmonize with the facts as I understand them.

In any of my previous contacts with both parties I attempted to bring healing to a very heartbreaking set of circumstances. After a short period of time it became evident that due to prevailing attitudes in the marriage my efforts were in vain. It was not possible to provide the help I had hoped to offer.

While I am always open and willing to provide Godly, Christ-centered counseling and support, I see little I can do in this situation. If you still desire to pursue a solution you should turn elsewhere.

Sincerely in Christ,

Mark Finley

Johann

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 02:34:02 PM »

March 26, 2010

Hello Pastor Mark,

Thank you for your response.  I appreciate the opportunity to finally correct the errors you may have been told about the situation.  It is not counseling that is needed for this situation, it is ACTION on the GC level.  I realize that this is a very difficult situation, but as members we are taught to turn to our leadership in these situations.  Wnere else is there to turn?

What inaccuracies do you see in my letter?  Please give me the opportunity to address them.

I am aware you briefly spoke to Linda twice before the divorce.  The issues I am mainly addressing here have much to do with what followed the divorce.

If one cannot discuss errors and difficulties with a Vice-President of our beloved Church, who can we talk to?

Sincerely,

Dr. Arild Abrahamsen

GRAT

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:23:07 PM »

A person has to be really really stupid or they are trying to ignore the issues by changing the subject if they read the first email from Dr. A and think he is talking about marriage counseling!! 

Pat Williams

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 05:04:08 PM »

It's been 2 1/2 mos, is this all, Johann?

Pastor Finley was entirely too kind when he said "I note a number of inaccuracies in the assumptions you have made. Some certainly do not harmonize with the facts as I understand them." I myself would have said "Somebody has been filling your ear, because this is a pack of lies from beginning to end"

I do agree with Finley answering his threat of "if help cannot be obtained from you and the leadership of the Seventh day Adventist Church, that I must seek avenues to correct the errors at this time." with "If you still desire to pursue a solution you should turn elsewhere." You can't reason with the unreasonable, this whole fiasco has proved that, and still is.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:27:53 PM by 3ABN_Defender »

mrst53

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 05:15:16 PM »

So where do you all go from here? Is there a President to go to? Or to a Consul? Or to the Media? What choices to you have? With Linda unable to talk, is Brandy also under a vow of "silence" too? Maybe she took up someone else because she learned what DS was really like and Alyssa wasn't lying after all.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 05:59:01 PM »

mrst53,
This is unbeliveable but again probably correct, I more then ever believe Alyssia after this. DS and a stripper dancer called Brandy. Wow, Wow, Wow, :ROFL:  What is he looking for --cause it sure ain't love. I am speechless.  and sympathizers and protectors come on here.  You know what is really bad is that the 3abn ers gave her such a write up. They lied or were tied!

How many "pilots" we got in the SDA leadership??

Mark Finley's decision is not any differnt then what we got for the injustice that was done to us.

Mrst53.  There is no organizational church that will enter the gates. It is up to the individual, their walk with God, to obey the commandments because you love Him. and believe and look to Him only. Follow Him, His will for you and and yes there are a few good SDA's that know this corruption.  God bless you and hang in there. I still think that much will come out and justice will hopefully be served. But as you can readily see that is age is about shot. Nothing too stable left except the foundation of truth, trust and obey. A lot of shaken going on!!! The media for sure will be in the courts! All the work Evangelists have spent and done..gone because they could not take care of their own house! Spread the branches,,, there they are hiding behind the "money tree". I am soul sick, embarrassed to the hilt for SDA to have this in their History of Events recorded.  Our Inspired writer who was shown future things of the SDA people had tears running down that she could no longer write as she was shown the state of SDA in end times. It's here I so believe.  Come close to Jesus and He will guide you home.

What is so sick about this is if one knows this they all knew it and their deceit will be as a quake of destruction.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 06:21:53 PM »

"...Pastor Mark, it is not too late to correct the mistakes of the past...." Dr Arild Abrahamsen

It is WAY TOO LATE to correct the unforgiveable!!!!

At 3ABN we have a board that continues to pretend that they can have it all and save this egregious ministry of profound hypocracy from itself. They have long had opportunity and real evidence to demonstrate that our concerns were legitimate and required a much closer look at the evidence that eventually indicted them beyond a reasonable doubt, but they continued to coddle and protect vicious hypocrits and a sexual predator worthy of a catholic priests ordination...and to lie, cheat and steal from the stockholders in the pews.

The "sole" founder and "annointed one" proved he, like saul, suffers from an unsettled demonic spirit that refuses to confess and turn from his sins or to make right the obvious trail of vicious bloody lies and theivery from the very ministry he purportedly founded at God's Calling. It is difficult to beleive the "unforgiveable sin" has not been reached in this living demons' life. But, then, the Lord allowed even Saul to chase the "annointed" replacement for many years, but eventually his cup runneth over with iniquity, Saul paid a horrible price and the "annointed" David was a welcome replacement for the troubled soul of Saul!!!! I long for the contemporaneous day!!! It will come in the Lord's good time.

The irony is that the family that had to do an "intervention" with the filthy lucre, best identified as a pedophilic predator, just a decade ago when the pedophile's own child was the purported victim, now claims that Brad Walker's brother (the wife of Tommy's daughter at all times pertinent hereto and purportedly a heterosexual predator in his own right) is lying, when Brad in fact was responsible for bringing the young victim into the household of this known pedophilic predator (go wonder, Brad) - one must wonder if the motivation for this vicious onslaught against his own brother is the preservation of his directors' job at 3ABN or simple case of burdensome conscience. Given the record of his own inappropriate relationship with a former boom operator of some "campus wide" renown, one must wonder why his presence is tolerated at the ministry born to "counter-act the counterfit". In any event the pedophilic predator must now face "justice" and I pray that the jury will see through the pious facade that has left so many victims in the demonic wake!!!

Given the overwhelming history of this heinous ministry that was purportedly born "To Counter-act the Counterfeit" I have come to the unfettered conclusion that this ministry is in fact the COUNTERFEIT!!!! And I beleive it is TOO LATE to redeem!!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

mrst53

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 06:33:07 PM »

Ok, the 3abn board did absolutely nothing about DS and TS and LS. What about the President of the SDA church? Has he done anything about the situation or does he believe DS too? Is he just waiting until the trial to see what happens and hoping for the best?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 08:26:12 PM »

Ok, the 3abn board did absolutely nothing about DS and TS and LS. What about the President of the SDA church? Has he done anything about the situation or does he believe DS too? Is he just waiting until the trial to see what happens and hoping for the best?

The President of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists has already let DLS know just how he views the petty little trouble-maker from hades. But, the 3ABN Board is largely composed of very independant business leaders, some of whom are known to support other "independant ministries" and have concerns with what they perceive as a diluted message...thus they view 3ABN as a purist "undiluted" message that they can control outside the oversight of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, which some privately view as apostate and/or corrupt.

The real issue is political wimp-dom...no one has the testicular fortitude to deal with any real issues and is why LSU, Gerraty and so many others have gotten away with managing SDA institutions when they are clearly not beleivers in the 28 Fundemental Beleifs...THEREFORE, THEY ARE NOT SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISTS!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
"Radical, Right-Wing, Tea-Party Fundementalist" Proclaimed by Dr Lawrence Gerraty

Johann

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 06:58:40 AM »

It's been 2 1/2 mos, is this all, Johann?

AA tells me he waited for a while to give MF an opportunity to reply to his last letter

anyman

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 08:09:55 AM »

The following email was relayed to me along with the request that it be posted as written. I have complied with that request and post it now exactly as I received it and with no commentary.

--------------
On June 3, 2010, an exchange of letters posted on the Internet was forwarded to me to read. The first letter, dated March 25, 2010, was posted under the name of Dr. Arild Abrahamsen, and was addressed to Elder Mark Finley. Elder Finley replied to that letter on the same date. A letter under the name of Dr. Abrahamsen was returned to Elder Finley on March 26, 2010.

In the letter sent under the name of Dr. Arild Abrahamsen to Elder Finley Dr. Abrahamsen wrote the following paragraph, " I realize that you are good friends with Walt Thompson and that you listened to "his version" of the events that occurred.  But are you aware that Walt Thompson performed an abortion on his own daughter?  Are you aware that she committed suicide a short time after this abortion?  He doesn't sound like a great source to obtain information to me."

Since this accusation has repercussions far beyond myself and my family, and impacts upon the God to whom I have dedicated my life in service, His church, and its ministries, I must challenge Dr. Abrahamsen to provide documentation defending the accuracy of his statement. Of course, he will not, for he cannot. They do not exist, and never have.  

Elder Finley is correct when he states in his response to Dr. Abrahamsen, "While I fully recognize that this unfortunate situation has brought significant pain to a number of people, I note a number of inaccuracies in the assumptions you have made. Some certainly do not harmonize with the facts as I understand them."

There are many reasons why inaccuracies and assumptions may arise in situations such as this. Often, two people may witness the same incident, but see it in very different ways--both being true in the minds of the witnesses. On other occasions, past experiences may influence our understanding of facts, giving us varied ways of interpreting the facts we observe. Sometimes, pertinent facts are unavailable for first person witness, leading interested individuals to make assumptions that may or may not be accurate. On yet other occasions, facts are intentionally distorted or fabricated in an effort to deceive--sometimes very effectively!

Undoubtedly all of these factors have contributed to the pain that has been experienced by so many in recent years in regards to the issues leading to Dr. Abrahamsen's letter. For the reasons given here, some things will remain a mystery so long as life may last here on earth. Only in that better land may we hope to see truth in all of its facets. Until then, we must go on, walking by faith, trusting the promises of God that, "All things work together for good to those that love God and are called according to His purpose," Romans 8:28.

For my part, as an individual very much involved in the events under discussion, and as chairman of the board of 3ABN during the time under discussion, I hereby wish to express my sorrow for any wrongs I have done, or any wrongs done by other members of the 3ABN community to those who have been hurt. Though we are all human and sometimes fail to live up to our highest aspirations, never has there been the least intent to mislead or cause pain. For the hurting ones (on both sides of the conflict) my heart aches, and for these I pray each day. Through these difficult times 3ABN's theme song has been severely tested, but remains our constant quest, "I want to spend my life healing broken people." We all do!

Will we ever agree on all points? Likely not! Will we ever see eye to eye? Perhaps not until we cross the river into that better world, but my plea is that we love one another in word and deed, proving by that love that God is our Father, and we, His faithful and true sons and daughters.

Jesus said, "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you: That you may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for He makes His sun shine on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust," Matthew 5:44, 45.

Let us love one another!

Walter Thompson
Chairman, 3ABN Board of Directors
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:21:30 AM by anyman »

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 09:43:50 AM »

Well, WT, that was a good peice of spin........sigh...........Ok mrst53, sadly, I have to agree with Tinka.  If Pastor Finley knows then the President also already knows and the whole of the administration of GC.  At this point, I am sure DS has seen the emails, etc.  They have not done anything about any portion of this mess.  At the very least, they should have some hard questions for DS and his board, but nothing.  Now we see MF and WT telling Dr. A, who was at the center of all this mess as the accused interloper with Linda, that he is inaccurate about the incidents.  Now that take some nerve!  But you know they have their story and they are sticking to it......Bible text for support and all.  

I am not surprised. As i said, my own local conference just paid a young lady upwards to $10mil, because she was sexual molested and assualted by a teacher, who was already a registered sex offender in Idaho(apparently they didn't do a background check)...............and after the incident here, he was allowed to teach at another SDA academy in Nevada.........where he then had sex with one 15 year old and molested another.........at least they had him prosecuted and had him sent to prison.

The administrations of most christians denoms now are basically the same, though. We can start with the RCC and just go down the line.  It is sad, and God does call for better administration for His people.  These men will answer to God for their actions, or even lack thereof.

I am not sure what other options Dr. A will explore, but they can't say they weren't warned.  Once again, they just should have answered the question, done what was right, and they would probably have avoided the coming storm.  but you know that they(and effectively the church) will be protrayed as the victim by Dr. A who is out to destroy the work fo The Lord.  They are nothing if not predictable......sigh.....

Oh yes, Johann, please tell Dr. A that I loved the "alien Adventist"  Line. That is hilarious!  I said it before on BSDA, you all need to read "This Present Darkness" and "Piercing the Darkness" by Frank Peretti.  Some startling similarities with regards to "religious" administrations and who is really in charge.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:49:42 AM by princessdi »
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 10:58:49 AM »

Anyman,
If you were an honest person as you proclaim WT is, you should realize Walt T. letter would have read completely different in context to portray his undivided attention for the bottom of truth and that he would do everything he could to get to truth then deny some of it and all of it, and that He would chase down all information until he got it for the benefit of all.  He is quite educated to be "flowery" for good reason. flowery comes out when guilty complex prevails. Now the most reasonable theory is that if it is true about his daughter and you can surly expect denial as the rest of denial for everything else would be surely as easy.  Actually if that is true, he ought to be in jail for what he did. and yes, that would be a most understandable thing a daughter might do if a father did such a thing.  Of all the worst stories I've heard on here so far. This is it. The daughter evidently had a conscience that she no longer could live with. Is it true his daughter commited suicide? Did she have abortion. This sort of thing is so bad that most good people cannot think of such things.  

Btw, for a while I was thinking that Mike T was Walt T. Is there connection here?  and It sort of hit me that it might have been his daughter. and now are you claiming you knew nothing of Brandy too.  You know people just do not grab surprises out of a bag and put their whole reputation out there for people to know they are big liars. This sort of stuff comes from reality that has happened and give speechless non thought of evil that transpires. I have not watched 3abn for several years now and the Walt guy I have lost in memory. But have watched how he has written his justifications and he is a phoney. Did you read the post of Di, now there is also another situation that was not taken care of either. *************************. I can absolutely relate to such situations that I also know of. Just plain shocking,

Edited to remove inappropriate content.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:58:40 AM by Snoopy »

anyman

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 11:20:55 AM »

ADMIN HAT ON

Entire post removed due to inappropriate content.

ADMIN HAT OFF
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:52:24 AM by Snoopy »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up