Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS -- Plea agreement reached in Tommy Shelton Case  (Read 83264 times)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: BREAKING NEWS -- Plea agreement reached in Tommy Shelton Case
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »

It apears that you are correct.  Here is the newspaper account:

Shelton, 64, was the pastor of Community Church of God at 2500 Gallows Rd. in the Dunn Loring area from 1995 to 2000. Police said two men came forward in 2008 and alleged that Shelton had sexually assaulted them when they were boys. Shelton, now living in Marion, Ky., was arrested in March and charged with two counts of aggravated sexual battery, two counts of indecent liberties with a minor and sodomy.

In a preliminary hearing Thursday in Fairfax Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, Fairfax prosecutors significantly reduced the charges against Shelton. Fairfax Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney Katherine E. Stott reduced the sodomy charge, which carried a minimum of five years and a maximum of life in prison, to carnal knowledge, which has a range of two to 10 years in prison. Subsequent testimony by the complaining witness did not fit the sodomy charge.

I was wrong in attributing the reduction in charges to the Grand Jury.

However, I stil stand-by the major thesis of my previous post.

Thank you for correcting my error in stating it was the Grand Jury.

I would say I agree with your analysis.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Johann

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »

I was thrilled to find out that this man is finally being brought to justice.

Welcome to AT!

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 09:07:37 PM »

A friend of mine once told me a story about someone who got away with a crime.  Even though that is not the case here.  I think his words say it all:

"Whether he goes inside or not, he'll be "in prison" for the rest of his life."
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 09:15:31 PM »

Boy, the defenders seem to have gotten severe cases of lockjaw. Wonder why?
Duane Clem

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »

Boy, the defenders seem to have gotten severe cases of lockjaw. Wonder why?

Especially, Junebug, who claimed over and over again that Tommy would be declared innocent. It appears they have nothing to say now...... :ROFL:
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 05:39:02 AM »

Hmmm, didn't I state that he would plead "guilty". Now...what does he pay?? Staying in the house  "with his clothes on"??  I felt he needed a change of cloths for his deeds. Don't tell me there was not "persuasion" over this. I figured it long time ago. His guilty plea for "flee" for now will get him nothing but hell for justice on judgment day with that sick corrupted mind that for years never changed. Find any one that ever changed?? Nope their mind was seared in their first deed of black evil.
Just think wiffee will have him under her feet all day.  :ROFL:  Can anyone imagine living with that evil everyday of your life?? You become what you live with!!.....So be it. or should I say You are what you choose. That is why I have no sympathy but disgust for the "guilty" and the sympathizers. I am glad that is over but not happy with the verdict. Oh and sympathizers of these deeds need to crawl under the table and pray for their heads of confusion.

edited for adding of words to verdict. Happy it is guilty -but not the justice of it. Oh, and Danny is guilty too....and the whole mess for protecting it. All in the name of SDA :horse:   Just keep eating the "feed" and depositing it on the gound.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:51:19 AM by tinka »

mrst53

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 10:31:46 AM »

Anyone know what paper this was in? This was no suprise to me- tho I did expect it to go until the last day....

Sam

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 10:52:08 AM »

I received information a short time ago that a plea agreement has been reached in the Tommy Shelton sexual abuse cases currently pending in Virginia. According to sources, Tommy Ray Shelton will appear in court on Monday, July 19 in Fairfax County, Virginia and plead guilty to two counts of Custodial Indecent Liberties with two minors. Under the terms of this agreement, he will face no prison time but will be required to register as a sex offender, and will also receive probation for a length of time to be determined by the court.

To be clear, this will be two pleas of guilty, rather that pleas of no contest. Tommy Shelton will at long last be admitting that he did, in fact, commit the crimes he has been charged with. These are felony charges.

This will bring some closure, at least, to nearly 40 years of scandal and allegations surrounding Shelton's ministry, which has affected numerous victims over the years. It will be interesting to see the responses from those who have so vehemently defended him, while threatening, intimidating and slandering his victims.

As usual Duane, your slant on things shows you have learned well from pickle.  In a case such as this, he would not be allowed to plead no contest.  To say you are guilty is a technicality of the court in accepting this type of plea.  At his age, with very limited financial resources and with his severe heart condition, I would do the same thing. In no way does it mean he is guilty of these charges.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 10:55:59 AM »

Oh my Sam, Did I just read that? :hot: :hot:  :ROFL: If he wasn't guilty, why did he lay down like a bleeding lamb, and allow his victims to triumph?  Quit spinning things Sam. You make yourself look like a fool.
I received information a short time ago that a plea agreement has been reached in the Tommy Shelton sexual abuse cases currently pending in Virginia. According to sources, Tommy Ray Shelton will appear in court on Monday, July 19 in Fairfax County, Virginia and plead guilty to two counts of Custodial Indecent Liberties with two minors. Under the terms of this agreement, he will face no prison time but will be required to register as a sex offender, and will also receive probation for a length of time to be determined by the court.

To be clear, this will be two pleas of guilty, rather that pleas of no contest. Tommy Shelton will at long last be admitting that he did, in fact, commit the crimes he has been charged with. These are felony charges.

This will bring some closure, at least, to nearly 40 years of scandal and allegations surrounding Shelton's ministry, which has affected numerous victims over the years. It will be interesting to see the responses from those who have so vehemently defended him, while threatening, intimidating and slandering his victims.

As usual Duane, your slant on things shows you have learned well from pickle.  In a case such as this, he would not be allowed to plead no contest.  To say you are guilty is a technicality of the court in accepting this type of plea.  At his age, with very limited financial resources and with his severe heart condition, I would do the same thing. In no way does it mean he is guilty of these charges.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:51:49 AM by samuelthomas »
Billy Graham

Sam

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 10:57:22 AM »

Gregory, the Grand Jury didn't reduce the charges at all, from what I understand.

Actually the first reduction was at the hearing and now the charges have been reduced significantlyby the prosecutor to warrant no jail time.  Obviously these cases were lacking in evidence and the past of both accusers would not have made for credible witnesses.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »

Spin it all you want, Sam. Truth of the matter is Tommy Ray Shelton will be a convicted felon, and a convicted sex offender. End of story.
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 11:06:28 AM »

Gregory, the Grand Jury didn't reduce the charges at all, from what I understand.

Actually the first reduction was at the hearing and now the charges have been reduced significantlyby the prosecutor to warrant no jail time.  Obviously these cases were lacking in evidence and the past of both accusers would not have made for credible witnesses.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:That explains why Tommy's attorneys wanted a plea deal.
Billy Graham

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2010, 11:34:35 AM »

As usual Duane, your slant on things shows you have learned well from pickle.  In a case such as this, he would not be allowed to plead no contest.  To say you are guilty is a technicality of the court in accepting this type of plea.  At his age, with very limited financial resources and with his severe heart condition, I would do the same thing. In no way does it mean he is guilty of these charges.
Tommy IS guilty. I know that first hand. So do a lot of other people. Spin this all you want, but justice is finally going to be served, and there's nothing you or any of the other deniers can do about it. Deal with that.
Duane Clem

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 11:37:14 AM »

At least the accusers did so under their real names, which is more than I can say for you. Grow up and realize that the jig is up, and Tommy Shelton is going to be a convicted, registered sex offender.
Duane Clem

waitingforjustice

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2010, 12:08:05 PM »

Amen Duane.  I totally agree with you Tommy Shelton is GUILTY AS CHARGED. He is a coward and a child molester. I know he has health problems but the low funds I would question. He ALWAYS had money to get so many things.  My husband and I would oftentimes question where he got all his money to do and get all he did. So I don't buy that I think that if he does have money it isn't in his name or property it is either sold or not in his name now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up