Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS -- Plea agreement reached in Tommy Shelton Case  (Read 83257 times)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: BREAKING NEWS -- Plea agreement reached in Tommy Shelton Case
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 12:15:17 PM »

Amen Duane.  I totally agree with you Tommy Shelton is GUILTY AS CHARGED. He is a coward and a child molester. I know he has health problems but the low funds I would question. He ALWAYS had money to get so many things.  My husband and I would oftentimes question where he got all his money to do and get all he did. So I don't buy that I think that if he does have money it isn't in his name or property it is either sold or not in his name now.
I really have no sympathy for how low his funds supposedly are. I don't have much money either, but then again, I keep my hands to myself. I don't have a trial to be concerned with.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

waitingforjustice

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 12:47:05 PM »

I am proud of the young men that has stood up for themselves and for all the children that could have been harmed by this EVIL man.  The bottom line is he is now a Felon and has to register as a sex offender. If he had been innocent he would have never agreed to that. We all know that Tommy Shelton is not a humble man and has a hard time admitting guilt or the fact that he could ever make a mistake or be wrong. If the evidence against him wasn't so strong his lawyers would not have given up so easily. And as far as the person who posted that there were no credible witnesses. I know for a fact there was at least one credible witness. That is because I personally know one of them and know he is an upstanding citizen.

No wonder Tommy has had so many heart problems could you imagine living with all that guilt and knowing you used stories from the Bible to harm children. I don't know how he can forgive himself. You know when he lays his head down on his pillow at night he has to think about what he has done. I also think that it would be the first thing on his mind when he wakes up.

For all the people who believe Tommy is so innocent would you leave your son or grandson (if you have one) with him or let him teach your your son or grandson how to play the piano. I bet NONE OF YOU WOULD EVER PUT YOUR CHILD IN A SITUATION where they could and probably would be harmed.  I know I would not!!

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 12:51:13 PM »

I am proud of the young men that has stood up for themselves and for all the children that could have been harmed by this EVIL man.  The bottom line is he is now a Felon and has to register as a sex offender. If he had been innocent he would have never agreed to that. We all know that Tommy Shelton is not a humble man and has a hard time admitting guilt or the fact that he could ever make a mistake or be wrong. If the evidence against him wasn't so strong his lawyers would not have given up so easily. And as far as the person who posted that there were no credible witnesses. I know for a fact there was at least one credible witness. That is because I personally know one of them and know he is an upstanding citizen.

No wonder Tommy has had so many heart problems could you imagine living with all that guilt and knowing you used stories from the Bible to harm children. I don't know how he can forgive himself. You know when he lays his head down on his pillow at night he has to think about what he has done. I also think that it would be the first thing on his mind when he wakes up.

For all the people who believe Tommy is so innocent would you leave your son or grandson (if you have one) with him or let him teach your your son or grandson how to play the piano. I bet NONE OF YOU WOULD EVER PUT YOUR CHILD IN A SITUATION where they could and probably would be harmed.  I know I would not!!
:goodpost:  :amen:
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Pat Williams

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 01:09:28 PM »

A brand new poster sounds like they have a Vested interest to you??? ok... but based on what, Snoopy? Just their post below saying they are "thrilled"?

interesting... btw, I am not thrilled, either to hear this latest --if it's true, or to know others are thrilled. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Sounds like you have a vested interest in these cases.  By the way, welcome to AdventTalk, waitingforjustice!

I was thrilled to find out that this man is finally being brought to justice.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:15:55 PM by 3ABN_Defender »

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 01:14:43 PM »

Based on my interpretation of the poster's statement, 3D.  Last I checked I was entitled to have an opinion.

What's your point?

A brand new poster sounds like they have a Vested interest to you??? ok... but based on what, Snoopy? Just their post below?

interesting...

Sounds like you have a vested interest in these cases.  By the way, welcome to AdventTalk, waitingforjustice!

Pat Williams

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 01:22:59 PM »

Sure, you can have an opinion, as can we all. I didn't question what, I questioned why? But I am sure the new member will be very verbose without your help, they always are, so, never mind, and sorry to have asked.

Let's move on, ok?

Based on my interpretation of the poster's statement, 3D.  Last I checked I was entitled to have an opinion.

What's your point?

A brand new poster sounds like they have a Vested interest to you??? ok... but based on what, Snoopy? Just their post below?

interesting...

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »

3D. Let me ask you this, are you saying that people who have been directly involved do not have the right to be "thrilled" that justice has finally been served?

I am sorry, but many people have waited a long time to finally see justice prevail.  So, I disagree with you.  Yes, you are right, it is a sad day for people who put their trust in this man.  However, now maybe victims can move on and try to live their lives without worry anymore.

I suppose I don't see your point... Care to explain?
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 01:36:43 PM »

A brand new poster sounds like they have a Vested interest to you??? ok... but based on what, Snoopy? Just their post below saying they are "thrilled"?

interesting... btw, I am not thrilled, either to hear this latest --if it's true, or to know others are thrilled. It just doesn't sit right with me.

No, I don't imagine it does. Kinda blows the whole "Tommy is innocent" argument to bits, huh?
Duane Clem

Pat Williams

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »

I received information a short time ago that a plea agreement has been reached in the Tommy Shelton sexual abuse cases currently pending in Virginia. According to sources, Tommy Ray Shelton will appear in court on Monday, July 19 in Fairfax County, Virginia and plead guilty to two counts of Custodial Indecent Liberties with two minors. Under the terms of this agreement, he will face no prison time but will be required to register as a sex offender, and will also receive probation for a length of time to be determined by the court.

To be clear, this will be two pleas of guilty, rather that pleas of no contest

hmmm... I admit, just as I did before when the charges against Tommy were revealed that this is distressing (if true), very, but I also find it curious that you and so many here accusing 3abn, know, or claim to know, all about this, when those at 3abn, and those defending them know nothing about it, and the hearing hasn't taken place, nor have any news sources reported this.

As before, those who aren't involved or in the know (3abn or me ....)will just have to wait for the court documents and the news in order to know what the real facts are.

This i will say and do not apologize to either party. IF TS is not guilty and pleads guilty to avoid a trial, expense and a greater charge, I consider that a lie.

If he is guilty when he earlier claimed he was innocent. That is also a lie.

Bottom line? I hate child abuse, and I hate lies.

I welcomed a trial as the facts would be known, and doubt they will be now if what is reported is true...

Sadly though, this case  has nothing to do with Pickle's allegations against DS and 3ABN, or the lawsuit, and yet all  here in my opinion (yet to be proved) will keep trying to make it so..

Why would I say this?

Well these allegations didn't exist when 3ABN hired TS. They didn't even exist when TS retired from 3ABN, they have nothing to do with DS or 3ABN!  The courts already ruled this was all inadmissible in the lawsuit, and denied Pickles claims and motions to file them, but I am sure Pickle and co will attempt to prove different..

And I am sure posters here will also attempt to prove I have claimed differently in the past, despite my posts on record here.

Sigh... If so, I will be back...

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 02:19:38 PM »

3D will you please explain your thought.... I previously posted this:

3D. Let me ask you this, are you saying that people who have been directly involved do not have the right to be "thrilled" that justice has finally been served?

I am sorry, but many people have waited a long time to finally see justice prevail.  So, I disagree with you.  Yes, you are right, it is a sad day for people who put their trust in this man.  However, now maybe victims can move on and try to live their lives without worry anymore.

I suppose I don't see your point... Care to explain?
Billy Graham

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 02:20:28 PM »

Sadly though, this case  has nothing to do with Pickle's allegations against DS and 3ABN, or the lawsuit, and yet all  here in my opinion (yet to be proved) will keep trying to make it so..

Why would I say this?

Well these allegations didn't exist when 3ABN hired TS. They didn't even exist when TS retired from 3ABN, they have nothing to do with DS or 3ABN!  The courts already ruled this was all inadmissible in the lawsuit, and denied Pickles claims and motions to file them, but I am sure Pickle and co will attempt to prove different..

So, I'm sure you can prove this.
Duane Clem

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 02:38:38 PM »

If I remember correctly, it was Cindy who used the term "distressing". Did you just out yourself?  Why, yes, 3d, I do believe you did. Just did a search, and no where did you use that term (at least not under, 3d.)

--edited to add search find.--
I received information a short time ago that a plea agreement has been reached in the Tommy Shelton sexual abuse cases currently pending in Virginia. According to sources, Tommy Ray Shelton will appear in court on Monday, July 19 in Fairfax County, Virginia and plead guilty to two counts of Custodial Indecent Liberties with two minors. Under the terms of this agreement, he will face no prison time but will be required to register as a sex offender, and will also receive probation for a length of time to be determined by the court.

To be clear, this will be two pleas of guilty, rather that pleas of no contest

hmmm... I admit, just as I did before when the charges against Tommy were revealed that this is distressing (if true), very, but I also find it curious that you and so many here accusing 3abn, know, or claim to know, all about this, when those at 3abn, and those defending them know nothing about it, and the hearing hasn't taken place, nor have any news sources reported this.

As before, those who aren't involved or in the know (3abn or me ....)will just have to wait for the court documents and the news in order to know what the real facts are.

This i will say and do not apologize to either party. IF TS is not guilty and pleads guilty to avoid a trial, expense and a greater charge, I consider that a lie.

If he is guilty when he earlier claimed he was innocent. That is also a lie.

Bottom line? I hate child abuse, and I hate lies.

I welcomed a trial as the facts would be known, and doubt they will be now if what is reported is true...

Sadly though, this case  has nothing to do with Pickle's allegations against DS and 3ABN, or the lawsuit, and yet all  here in my opinion (yet to be proved) will keep trying to make it so..

Why would I say this?

Well these allegations didn't exist when 3ABN hired TS. They didn't even exist when TS retired from 3ABN, they have nothing to do with DS or 3ABN!  The courts already ruled this was all inadmissible in the lawsuit, and denied Pickles claims and motions to file them, but I am sure Pickle and co will attempt to prove different..

And I am sure posters here will also attempt to prove I have claimed differently in the past, despite my posts on record here.

Sigh... If so, I will be back...

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:44:05 PM by samuelthomas »
Billy Graham

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 03:37:40 PM »

Posted on the other forum: Let me remind you who Breezy is, she is Junebug. She has declared over and over that a jury would find Tommy Ray innocent. She also believes that sex with a minor is OK, as long as the minor consents.This is a woman, by her own admission, that works directly with children as a "piano teacher." As you read her post keep in mind, that of course she would think Tommy is innocent because, by her own accord, these victims consented.

She post the following, along with the spin she always adds.

Tommy Shelton
by Breezy ยป Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:25 pm UTC

Tommy Shelton has accepted a plea bargain when there was no other alternative that was acceptable. First off, even if innocent (which he is innocent) he could very well be put in prison anyway, which we know he would never live through because of his serious heart condition. I doubt he would last a week in prison. It was a very difficult decision, but it was decided that the only thing they could do was accept the plea bargain with a guilty plea/put on sexual offender list. They were hoping to get a plea bargain that would be "no contest" since he is innocent of the charges, and not having his name on a sex-offender list but the prosecution would not agree to this.

The only way to stay out of prison was to say he was guilty and to allow his name be put on the list. How sad is this. No money, broken in health--only just wanting to be with his family. He is retirement age anyway and so this was the best deal offered.

We believe this is an answer to prayer. God is so good. He knows the hearts of all involved. We know those on AT will NEVER accept this explanation but it doesn't matter. It is the truth. God knows it is the TRUTH!

--edited to add more thought.--
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 04:27:17 PM by samuelthomas »
Billy Graham

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 05:36:11 PM »

Let me be clear:  I do not have any knowledge related to the claimed plea bargain.   Any comment that I make is based upon the idea that the statements related to the plea bargain are accurate.

Guilt:  In this context, guilt and innocence are legal terms.  Guilt in this context is determined by a competent court making a finding of guilt.  By accepting a plea bargain that involves pleading guilty the court finds the individual guilty.  If TS pleads guiltly in a plea bargain  and the court accepts that and finds him guilty he will be guilty. That conviction will go with him for the rest of his life.

Typically the defense takes a plea bargain because they negotiate for a better outcome than they believe they could get in a trial.  The other side goes for a plea bargain for some of the same reasons and to spare the expense of a trail or to save having some people tesitfy at trial--often done in a abuse case.  

The defense attorney is required under ethics to act as an officer of the court.  Under these rules of ethics the defense attorney cannot allow the client to plead guilty unless the client can be convinced they are guilty of something.  NOTE:  If the client insests, the attorney can state for rthe record that the client is pleading against advice.

By the same token, the judge who accepts the plea of guilty is required to determine that the person pleading guilty understands the consequences of the plea and honestly believes he/she is guilty in a legal sense of the crime to which there is a guilty plea.

IF TS takes that plea, no one can make a valid case for innocence.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »

Well Sam,

You can take this to the end all you can and want. But a simple fact is this, you have no sympathy for what was done to the victims. But the greatest thing is that ole child molester TS is going to his grave knowing what his life was given to and wasted for his devilish possessed desires. Now how ya going to change that fact??

Just look at his picture and he is a evil sick man that was caused by his sick mind. You know why I know where he is going is because repentance is not only to God but to his victims and he went way over the line of value on his ability to recompense for what he has done to the victims. There is no recompense to "Sorry Charlie"

Ok DS, shell it out somemore.  Believe me it is not going to stop at TS.... till it is all paid. All the spending, Keeping evil brother with donor money, all the fun, all the nice cars, all the women, all the lies, all the  :horse: all the feed. ..la te da  and they fired their guns and the  Shelton's began a runnin, down thru the Briars and the  brambles where the  :rabbit: wouldnt' go. They ran so fast that the  :beagle: couldn't catch them, now not as many as once before, sooooo again,we fired our guns and the "Sheltons" kept a runnin clear to the Gulf of Medeco. (Olle Spill that is)  lol. watch and see.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up