Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's Happening With the Lawsuit?  (Read 107183 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: What's Happening With the Lawsuit?
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2008, 01:30:40 PM »

As I do not have any reason to doubt what Bob Pickle said, I am not going to be the one to spend any money on this, therefore, until somebody secures the transcript and shares it with us here, I consider this matter closed.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2008, 05:39:52 AM »

In Michigan: On June 20, the magistrate had ordered Remnant to produce documents directly to us. Remnant basically asked for reconsideration on June 27. On July 28 that was denied. On August 8 Remnant appealed the magistrate's order to the district judge. On September 8 the district judge affirmed the magistrate's order.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2008, 09:07:41 AM »

Thank you for that update, Bob.  Any idea when you will get the Remnant documents you have requested now?  And how will you get them?  Do you have to go to Michigan?

Also, what about the DS bank statements?  And the auditors?  What's going on there?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2008, 09:19:55 AM »

Some info may be released later.

In the Southern District of Illinois: We filed a status report with the court I believe on September 15. What exactly is happening there I do not know at present.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2008, 03:18:55 AM »

IT shoudl be noted that there are a nulmber of lawsuits going on.  Any comment as to what is going on in one lawsuit may not apply to what is going on in anoght lawsuit, although as there are some interrelationships.

For one recent decision of a court, you may want to check PACR for the following document that was signed by Judge Hillman in as I recall a hearing in MA:

Case 4:07-cv-40098-FDS Document 107 Filed 09/11/2008

NOTE:   A one sentence summary of the above might be:  In the above ruling, Judge Hillman took everyone to task and  gave everyone something.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2008, 05:45:59 PM »

IT shoudl be noted that there are a nulmber of lawsuits going on.  Any comment as to what is going on in one lawsuit may not apply to what is going on in anoght lawsuit, although as there are some interrelationships.

For one recent decision of a court, you may want to check PACR for the following document that was signed by Judge Hillman in as I recall a hearing in MA:

Case 4:07-cv-40098-FDS Document 107 Filed 09/11/2008

NOTE:   A one sentence summary of the above might be:  In the above ruling, Judge Hillman took everyone to task and  gave everyone something.

Could you demonstrate where you feel he took us to task? I feel the failure of the Plaintiffs to limit the scope and relevance of discovery was a HUGE FAILURE. And what about that order requiring that the Attorney's, normally clearly exempt, must get clearance from the court to issue subpoena's? There own request backfired???Wow, that is also HUGE!!!

Yes, We have to restate some of our requests to produce, which has been done, but that was allowed without prejudice.

Production by subpoena proceeds on track with Bank Statements in, The Remnant Docs produced and the Auditors Subpoena referred to the magistrate for a most certain enforcement.

But, I have not figured out what they feel they will accomplish objecting to ticket and visa entry information? Could they be worried that we will further discredit their star liar???

Overall, your assessment virtually demeans the importance to the plaintiff's case of the failure of the Scope and Relevance motion!!! They are laid bare and open to reasonable discovery. ANd how did you like the judge pointing out that they brought the suit, therefore they have a duty to produce? Of course, one can only produce what one has, and that is where they are challenged...must be all that evidence against Linda evaporated in the summer heat!!! And the private detectives have just disappeared??? But, why would we challenge Danny's word, after all the 3ABN Board believed him...or did they just ignore the real evidence?

In the interim, our encirclement continues and our offensive is about to begin!!! The war is about to take a turn...
as we begin our march to the very gates and lay seige to the city of infidels!!! Might be time for the city to turn over the chief infidel for a little fireside chat...he can be the fire and we will chat!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2008, 08:51:30 PM »

Bob and/or Gailon, can you give us an update on what is going on with the lawsuit?  Including the various aspects of it such as the general case in Massachusetts, the Remnant piece in Michigan and the auditor subpoena in Illinois?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2008, 05:10:03 AM »

Case in W.D. of MI: This one is done. Remnant decided not to appeal to the Circuit Court of Appeals, and they produced the documents requested.

Case in S.D. of IL: We haven't heard yet what Gray Hunter Stenn intends to do. There is still a motion to quash and a motion to compel pending in that court.

Case in D. of MA: We have a number of pending motions in the main case. There is a motion to extend discovery, and four motion, I think, to issue subpoenas.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up