Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Lovely Linda Shelton  (Read 35190 times)

Sweeper

Lovely Linda Shelton
« on: April 12, 2009, 08:12:07 PM »

OK, I found these from my collection dating close to 5 years ago. So I wanted to share them. God bless her. :amen: :amen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btMaGp1fT38   Take Time Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNeXID-Vm0Q   This Year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJcokIUXpug     I Will Not Let You Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n0JckM8LnA   Take The Higher Road

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
Re: Lovely Linda Shelton
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »

That was very nice sweeper.

Welcome to Advent Talk! I hope you enjoy your time here.  :)
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 01:52:12 AM »

Praise God! 

Linda, you have touched me, and I have grown.  Thank you for this blessing I am receiving as I type. :praying:   :wave:

Thank you Sweeper!  What a great Welcome!   :TY:

Sweeper

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 02:40:30 AM »

Sonshineonme and Fran thanks for the welcome. Glory be to God.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 05:43:29 AM »

I am watching and listening to one of these right now. :)

judibug61

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 07:35:39 AM »

What a wonderful tribute to the beauty and talented Linda.....Thank you so much for sharing this with us.............God has truly blessed her and it clear...that "By their fruits ye will know them"   Linda is such a blessing to me.............and I truly miss her........... :TY: for sharing this.........
judibug

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 08:22:56 AM »

Why are the tears running down my cheeks?, as I listen. We have been there as all songs suggests. I guess you all can surmise, that the Inspiration, hope that spills out the heart of Linda to our personal trials have been lifted coming from Inspiration as no other can from the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that was blessed on LInda to give.
Thank you for putting this on and lighting our way today. I know Inspiration when it is there.
Tinka

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 10:38:06 PM »

Well, she has a lovely voice.  I had not heard her sing before, Danny either. so I looked him up.  Both are fair to midland.  God bless them!
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 09:33:38 AM »

Our daughter has her doctorate in music and voice. It means nothing! if you cannot sing with inspiration  "given" and portray it to others without bring all recognition to ones self with all the emotional gyrations of hands and eyes to get ones attention to the singer you got the wrong message. Emotions is not a theory to build on. But inspiration on honest melody is. A good SS teacher would know that!!! I was feeling the Inspiration of the words and melody put across in the most honest way. Believe it or not!  I see a lot of SDA singers are resorting to that and when they do I usually do not listen. We have been into music all our lives and i know when the wrong motive is live.  Emotions are wrong in voting toooooo.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 01:41:48 AM »

Uh, Tinka, just for clarifiaction, are you repsonding to my post?  I ask because, mine was merely an observation of someone who had never heard with Linda or Danny sing before yesterday.  Not a disagreement with anyone else's repsonse to the inspiration of the song.  I actually liked the songs, and was impressed with the videos.

And what does voting have to do with anything?  This thread is about Sweeper sharing some videos of Linda that he/she also found inspirational and wished to share that with others.  I listened and gave my response like everyone else.  I believe you have some issues with me of which I am not aware.  I sense some animosity in your reponses to me.  If you would like to PM me we can discuss, and maybe resolve any perceived issues.  I am a strong believere that we can disagree without being disagreeable, especially as christians.  What do you think?

Our daughter has her doctorate in music and voice. It means nothing! if you cannot sing with inspiration  "given" and portray it to others without bring all recognition to ones self with all the emotional gyrations of hands and eyes to get ones attention to the singer you got the wrong message. Emotions is not a theory to build on. But inspiration on honest melody is. A good SS teacher would know that!!! I was feeling the Inspiration of the words and melody put across in the most honest way. Believe it or not!  I see a lot of SDA singers are resorting to that and when they do I usually do not listen. We have been into music all our lives and i know when the wrong motive is live.  Emotions are wrong in voting toooooo.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 04:09:14 AM »

Uh, Tinka, just for clarifiaction, are you repsonding to my post?  I ask because, mine was merely an observation of someone who had never heard with Linda or Danny sing before yesterday.  Not a disagreement with anyone else's repsonse to the inspiration of the song.  I actually liked the songs, and was impressed with the videos.

And what does voting have to do with anything?  This thread is about Sweeper sharing some videos of Linda that he/she also found inspirational and wished to share that with others.  I listened and gave my response like everyone else.  I believe you have some issues with me of which I am not aware.  I sense some animosity in your reponses to me.  If you would like to PM me we can discuss, and maybe resolve any perceived issues.  I am a strong believere that we can disagree without being disagreeable, especially as christians.  What do you think?

Now this is one interesting post. You mean you never heard LS sing before? You never watched 3abn before? How have you arrived at such opinions concerning them? I could not understand anyone saying, ahh, so, so . I do realize that people if not inspired one way depend on big emotional out put by the singer to arouse emotion another. I merely was stating in round about way that emotions from music, leaders, theories, of ones own preferences to decide likes and dislikes is a real fooler to the real Inspirational gift to help others. For instance, and probably should not open such weakness as example on myself is this. The most beautiful created male tones and emotions that are brought out to leveling my inner most love emotions is brought on by Pavorotti. I completely fall then realize it is the wrong man for me although he draws me. I simply have to reluctantly shut it off. It brings too many false or leading away from my honest  for real inner emotions. Real Inspiration that brings you to straight to the Heart with Christ is rare presented by the singer.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 10:40:48 PM »

No, I had never heard either sing before, and I only watched 3ABN a few times for only a few minutes since Linda left, and i became aware that you can access them online.  The network has never been part of our cable then satellite packages.  I followed the linkin this thread to Linda's videos and then looked for Danny on YouTubbe(so I could killtwo birds with one stone), and heard him singing a song with one of his most darling granddaughters.  She was simply adorable.  What I heard from both of them was alright. 

Tinka here is the thing.  It doesn't have to do for me what it does for you.  We are two different people, with two different testimonies, as it were.  Soemthings will touch us both, others will touch one or the other.  That is all good, it is allowed.  This is one instance in which we don't even have to disagree, just understand and appreciate the movement of the Holy Spirit in someone's life through song. That is beautiful to me.   Music is very much relative to one's taste and preferences, like food, colors, flowers, clothes.

BTW, I reaaly like Pavorotti my self.  Watched one of those pledge week concerts with The Three Tenors(Spanish singers Plácido Domingo and José Carreras and the Italian singer Luciano Pavarotti)....It was beautiful!  I love listening to them, and many others of other genres.

childoftheking

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 04:52:38 AM »

Princessdi,
I can't speak for Tinka but she may be feeling somewhat as I do about music. A person may sing like a lark but I certainly can make a difference to me whether I know the singer really means what he/she is singing. And there again the singer may absolutely mean what they are singing but be fooling themself that they are living what they are singing. Anyone can sear his/her conscience. That means Danny, Linda, me, you-anyone.

And if Pavorotti or anyone was stirring feelings in me toward him that belong only to my husband I guess it would be having a wrong effect. Anyway, my taste doesn't run to opera at all. Never did. Doesn't turn me on. Used to like to hear Danny/Linda sing but that was when I bought into the whole "miracle story". Since then I have seen too many things that were presented as miracles that didn't pan out and weren't so miraculous. In fact things that seemed just a little bit on the shady side to me. (not based on interet "gossip" just on observation)

But I hear what you are saying. Always enjoy hearing your thoughts.

mfc10

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 05:00:06 AM »

Does anyone know whether that is Linda's daughter with her on "Take the Higher Road"?
Thanks for the links....the songs did bring tears to my eyes.
 :amen:
Blessings,
Maggie C.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 06:32:27 AM »

Childoftheking

(Laugh) If I could understand the words I probably would not even listen. but I have a keen ear on melody and harmony. The male tones of Pavoratti, is so uniquely masculine and romantic to hit my button. I listen to some Bochelli, the new and younger blind Italian singer. He is good but still not the tone of the Pavoratti. My daughter did the opera to get her degree in 5 languages but only does mostly Christian. She did do one cd whith her husband on some really old time music for her grandma and me. I just call it happy music. But in her gardens while working outside she has speakers to the outside of her house and when she plays the opera even the birds come to sing. so I know for sure that melody is attractive to birds and they don't care what the words are. But back to the opera, and what people have to do to be in it and mostly what horrible stories that the opera demands of ones life to portray in acts and singing and going to the concerts takes all ones being to be in that position to be the best in all the world. The only thing I can imagine from it is the melody of sound Created of God in his gift of music. I hope beyond that I can just hear that Heavenly music that will be beyond all melody heard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up