Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheltons express support for Tommy's victims  (Read 63149 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Sheltons express support for Tommy's victims
« on: July 26, 2010, 05:49:47 AM »

I thought I'd start a special thread where Danny Shelton and other Sheltons (and 3ABN employees) can come and express support for Tommy's victims.

One complaint that victims of abuse from Catholic priests have had is that many bishops have not shown enough support, that they've instead tried to cover it all up.

Long ago Danny allegedly started 3ABN in order to spread the 3 angels' messages, and to counteract the counterfeit. Therefore, given what he has professed over the years, it would be expected that Danny would be at the forefront of any opportunity to demonstrate the stark contrast between himself and a Roman Catholic bishop.

Thus, one would expect that it would not take Danny too long to come to this thread and express his support for Tommy's victims, and his sorrow that they were victimized by Tommy.

So post away, Danny.

Pat Williams

Re: Sheltons express support for Tommy's victims
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:37:32 AM »

Pickle, give up the arrogance, and repent. The current case against T.S. has nothing to do with 3abn. You know they haven't been posting up till now, and I am positive they won't start now at your bidding, and they certainly won't do so just to stroke your ego and bow to you. They are running a ministry and have their marching orders, so that's their focus. What is yours, and what's it all about?

I thought I'd start a special thread where Danny Shelton and other Sheltons (and 3ABN employees) can come and express support for Tommy's victims.

One complaint that victims of abuse from Catholic priests have had is that many bishops have not shown enough support, that they've instead tried to cover it all up.

Long ago Danny allegedly started 3ABN in order to spread the 3 angels' messages, and to counteract the counterfeit. Therefore, given what he has professed over the years, it would be expected that Danny would be at the forefront of any opportunity to demonstrate the stark contrast between himself and a Roman Catholic bishop.

Thus, one would expect that it would not take Danny too long to come to this thread and express his support for Tommy's victims, and his sorrow that they were victimized by Tommy.

So post away, Danny.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:51:48 PM »

The current case against T.S. has nothing to do with 3abn.

False. The current case against pedophile Tommy Shelton involves a victim's accusations which Glenn Dryden announced toward the end of 2006. I published that announcement, and Danny Shelton threatened to sue. When Danny did sue, 3ABN joined Danny as a co-plaintiff.

You know they haven't been posting up till now ....

The evidence is that Sheltons and/or 3ABN employees have posted prior to now.

They are running a ministry and have their marching orders, so that's their focus.

Their alleged marching orders are "mending broken people." If that slogan is not a sham, then they will come here and post in support of the victims of Tommy Shelton.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:15:21 PM »

Williams,
what are you trying to do on here, the other thread and now!!!??? Your tactics are butter up, back off and then punch. This is disgusting all the while using your Jesus talk. You don't fool me one bit because if you were serious to Alex your lingo would be a whole lot different and so would your character.

Pat Williams

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 04:39:32 PM »

The current case against T.S. has nothing to do with 3abn.

False. The current case against pedophile Tommy Shelton involves a victim's accusations which Glenn Dryden announced toward the end of 2006. I published that announcement, and Danny Shelton threatened to sue. When Danny did sue, 3ABN joined Danny as a co-plaintiff.

Stop lying. Glenn Dryden wrote 3abn in 2003, and they replied to him then. The recordings you keep citing from Danny are from 2003. You butted in started dialoging with Dryden and tried to be all big and bad and raise a ruckus against 3abn and DS in late 2006 in response to the Linda stuff on the internet. NOTHING about the current case
was known or publicized.. The News papers plainly say 2 alleged victims came forward in 2008, and the lawsuit against you was already dismissed by then. You even tried to file the recent case in court as evidence, and were denied..

You have called and interviewed anyone and everyone trying to find something or anything against Tommy which you could lay at DS or 3abn's feet, due to his employment there, and have nothing. You don't have one single allegation, not one single claim that 3abn caused or condoned or contributed to any molestation or any abuse by Tommy due to neglect or not acting as they should as you keep claiming. You in fact have zero victims  or alleged victims, zero allegations which you can tie to 3abn and use against them.

EVEN IF 100% of your allegations were true (IF!!!!) then they all occurred within the Church of God while TS was a Pastor there. Not just in one Church of God, but in two different ones, and yet you have NEVER called them to account, NEVER accused nor condemned them, NEVER harassed them, NEVER said they were liable, NEVER said even one word against them.

All you care about is condemning 3ABN and DS even though no child molestation or rape  happened in relation to their employment of T.S. There are zero allegations of child molestation under their watch, no complaints. There is not one alleged child molestation victim within the Seventh-Day Adventist Church. Not one single child or parent who claims their child was sexually molested by Tommy Shelton on any SDA grounds or properties or due to his employment at 3ABN, or even during his employment, not one single claim, statement or report that they covered up for TS, and endangered or caused their child to be sexually molested. NOT A ONE.

You have searched high and low.We all know that Bob, so does 3ABN (those  you contact keep saying you  contacted them and have questioned them) but you have found nothing for 15 years, and nothing even before that in relation to 3abn or the Adventist Church! Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zilch.

JUST STOP.

You are a pathetic little accuser with no ground to stand on, and your agenda is clear.

liar.. liar...

They are running a ministry and have their marching orders, so that's their focus.

Their alleged marching orders are "mending broken people." If that slogan is not a sham, then they will come here and post in support of the victims of Tommy Shelton.

Despite your disagreement, condemnations and ultimatems they have a goal, they have a focus and they have a slogan apart from you. You avoided and deleted my question:

They are running a ministry and have their marching orders, so that's their focus. What is yours, and what's it all about?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:12:40 PM by Pat Williams »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »

You are incorrect. There are allegations of TS committing sexual acts against young males on 3ABN grounds.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 05:40:49 PM »

Stop lying.

I'm not lying.

You butted in started dialoging with Dryden and tried to be all big and bad and raise a ruckus against 3abn and DS in late 2006 in response to the Linda stuff on the internet.

Correction: I suggested to a friend that he contact the Church of God in Virginia in August 2006 due to Tommy stuff on the internet, not Linda stuff.

NOTHING about the current case was known or publicized. The News papers plainly say 2 alleged victims came forward in 2008, and the lawsuit against you was already dismissed by then.

Correction: Dryden made his announcement on December 3, 2006. See http://www.save-3abn.com/tommy-shelton-new-12-2006-va-allegations.htm where Dryden says:

Three instances of misconduct on the part of Tommy Shelton while he served as pastor at the Community Church of God, Dunn Loring, Virginia, have been reported to me in the brief time I have served as pastor of this congregation.

The most egregious of these instances involved a male who was a minor at the time.

The one who was a minor went to the authorities. The case against us was dismissed on October 30, 2008. What evidence do you have that both Alex and the fellow Dryden referred to went to the authorities after October 30?

You even tried to file the recent case in court as evidence, and were denied.

False again. We were denied the opportunity to add two exhibits after the briefing schedule was over. We were never denied the right to file those exhibits as evidence at all.

You have called and interviewed anyone and everyone trying to find something or anything against Tommy which you could lay at DS or 3abn's feet, due to his employment there, and have nothing.

Not so. I have Walt Thompson on record as saying that he never contacted any of Tommy's alleged victims when invited to do so. That is misconduct and irresponsibility on the part of Walt Thompson as 3ABN Board chairman, in my opinion.

Additionally, Danny used company time and a company phone to leave veiled threats on Dryden's answering machine in 2003.

You don't have one single allegation, not one single claim that 3abn caused or condoned or contributed to any molestation or any abuse by Tommy due to neglect or not acting as they should as you keep claiming. You in fact have zero victims  or alleged victims, zero allegations which you can tie to 3abn and use against them.

Please do not twist the issues into straw men of your own choosing.

Some of Tommy's alleged molestation or misconduct took place on Danny's or 3ABN's premises, according to the victims themselves.

Danny and 3ABN sued me in retaliation for my blowing the whistle on Danny's cover up of Tommy's pedophilia.

Walt never did what needed to be done to shield 3ABN and the Illinois Conference from liability.

That's the main points I have raised, and from what I can tell, it's the truth, whether you like it or not.

EVEN IF 100% of your allegations were true (IF!!!!) then they all occurred within the Church of God while TS was a Pastor there. Not just in one Church of God, but in two different ones, and yet you have NEVER called them to account, NEVER accused nor condemned them, NEVER harassed them, NEVER said they were liable, NEVER said even one word against them.

First of all, Danny's house and 3ABN's campus and the motel in Ohio are not within a Church of God, so you are incorrect.

Second, I have yet to see where the Church of God threatened anyone or lied to cover it all up or sued me for blowing the whistle.

Third, my concern was the negative impact Danny Shelton's perversity might have on the reputation and finances of my church. I am not a member of the Church of God.

All you care about is condemning 3ABN and DS even though no child molestation or rape  happened in relation to their employment of T.S.

And how would you know? Danny and 3ABN knowingly hired a sexual predator to replace Linda, the alleged adulteress. What do sexual predators do? They prey.

How would you know whether or not Tommy continued to prey on children and young men after returning to 3ABN? Did he deny it and you've decided to believe him? On what basis?

But you forget that around 1991 Tommy did go after one of his own relatives while, I believe, both he and that relative were employed by 3ABN.

But regardless of whether any additional victims have surfaced, a supporting ministry must never knowingly hire a sexual predator, give him access to children, fail to tell the principal of the nearby church school, and fail to tell the church pastor.

liar.. liar...

It isn't a lie. I can prove that Ronnie Shelton or his wife has posted.

Despite your disagreement, condemnations and ultimatems they have a goal, they have a focus and they have a slogan apart from you. You avoided and deleted my question:

You ignored my point. Acknowledge that if their slogan is not a sham, then they will come here and post in support of the victims of Tommy Shelton. It's all about mending broken people.

But it is amazing that if you try to encourage people who have been broken by a Shelton, Shelton's cronies will do their best to break you.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 06:47:35 PM »

So help me understand what you are talking about, Bob.  ARe you saying that the information you posted regarding those victims was part of the law suit? 

Pat, I have to agree with Bob.....to a point......the fact that TS was allowed to work at 3ABN, with children, is inexcusable.  Even though there were no charges made by no law enforcement authorities, the family, at least DS knew better, and should not have taken upon himself to make the decision to exposed those children WITHOUT the knowledge of their parents.  That was wrong.  Now beyond that,  I can't go as far as Bob, well at least he answers my question.  For now it seems to be more to add to the stack os "evidence"(and in some cases that is a very loose term), against DS.

That being said,....Come on now Bob!!!  This is really ridiculous.  I have got to go with Pat about the entire premise of this thread.  You know they are nto going to post here if they are real busy proclaiming TS innocence even after he admits his guilt.   

Sombody has to decide to take th high road here people!!!

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 07:16:28 PM »

So help me understand what you are talking about, Bob.  ARe you saying that the information you posted regarding those victims was part of the law suit?

You have Alex and another guy who were molested by Tommy in Virginia. I'm saying that Danny Shelton retaliated against me for blowing the whistle on Tommy molesting the other guy, and that that retaliation included the lawsuit.

In May 2007 Mollie Steenson and Larry Ewing filed affidavits in which they discussed a decline in donations in 2006 that was supposed to have something to do with the lawsuit. There was particularly a decline, it was claimed, in December 2006. Save3ABN.com wasn't started until 2007. If anything, our reporting on the Tommy scandal at the end of 2006 is what caused the decline in donations, if there really was a decline, and if we caused that decline.

That being said,....Come on now Bob!!!  This is really ridiculous.  I have got to go with Pat about the entire premise of this thread.  You know they are nto going to post here if they are real busy proclaiming TS innocence even after he admits his guilt.   

Sombody has to decide to take th high road here people!!!

It is always possible that a Shelton, like the prodigal son, might come to his or her senses and take the high road and publicly express their support of Tommy's victims and their sorrow for the pain Tommy caused. I am not going to assume that they will all harden their hearts and be lost. Wherever possible we must think the best.

I started this thread to give Danny et. al. an opportunity to do the right thing, which is all the more important given the ugly and uncalled for attacks that have been made here against admitted pedophile Tommy Shelton's victims. It's an excellent opportunity for Danny to do damage control by taking a stand against the abuse that has been showered down upon Tommy's victims.

But given the fact that there is some evidence that Danny has recently sought to retaliate against the victims, it would seem like a miracle if he did come here.

But certainly Jim Gilley can come here and post his support. Why not? He told me himself that he would deal with future problems. And the public smears the Danny clones have made against Tommy victims falls into the category of a future problem, future to when Jim came on board.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 07:23:11 PM »

Bob you are attempting to do work that does not belong to you.  Conviction and repentence are the work of the Holy Spirit.  Let God work with every one else on their issues, and yours.  Let this go.  From someone who has no dog in this fight an dlike veryone here, the arrogance and sif righteousness is not lost on quite a few of us. 
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 09:26:41 PM »

When it comes to pastors molesting kids, everyone has a dog in the fight, including you. When it come to showing support for those victims and protecting them from further victimization by people like PW and Sam who have savagely attacked Tommy's victims, everyone has a dog in the fight including you. The dog we all have in this fight has nothing to do with Christianity, it has everything to do with common human decency.

Bob you are attempting to do work that does not belong to you.  Conviction and repentence are the work of the Holy Spirit.  Let God work with every one else on their issues, and yours.  Let this go.  From someone who has no dog in this fight an dlike veryone here, the arrogance and sif righteousness is not lost on quite a few of us. 

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 09:43:37 PM »

Di

Stop and think a moment please, Conviction and repentance can only be done when there is conscience so the Holy Spirit can do the work that something has been done wrong here. The proof there is no conscience is that the claim of innocence is proclaimed by the sympathizers of evil deeds denied or rejected facts, now how can your scenario work??? Have you even or ever read what SP says about straddling the fence side of things. No Di, those are minds of no return and then what is left is the side of good and evil. What will you do or react when you have to make choice of one or the other and soon then you think that time comes. This limbo stuff just don't get it and neither will it enter heaven straddling fence. Who is able to stand when even the church can't. An individual that can discern good from evil. Without that discernment there is no chance. One good reason you come up with your theories is because you really have not been able to spend the time understanding where all the posters are coming from and mostly believing in your reasoning or justification of the ones that do the Jesus talk and that is where you lean to. Believe me they are just using it. It is a hoax and do what ever it takes. Even if Alex was not a victim or if you believed what all they are saying, then what will you think with the rest of the victims? I believe they are trying to get any off word they can to use against him just in case it really does end up a trial...of some kind. It's just their play in their gaming. They just don't get it. The deed has transpired, an admissions has been done and yet they are still yakking their same junk...but they are looking for an off word. The best thing that Alex can do is not answer them one word. and then they can use nothing.

changed a j to y
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:38:37 PM by tinka »

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 11:30:48 PM »

I am not saying that you cannot determine good from evil.  I am saying that it is not Bob's place to start a thread to call anyone to redemption or repentence.  This apparently is not going to happen, as they are maintaining TS innocence.  They are not going to apologize or show support to the victims as long as they maintain there are no victims.  They still are talking about Duane being a consenting adult.  We have at least5 threads telling them how wrong they are, while they still maintain that innocence.  It is wrong there are no if, and or buts about it.  That is also why the supporters are sticking to their guns on this.  They even know the acts TS committed are atrocioius.  So much so, they live in denial of him committing such acts.  So what is the point of providing a place for them to do something they ahve no intention of doing, but to make one more dig into DS. 

Reaching the conscience, and encouarging repentance is the work of the Holy Spirit, mainly because only God knows the mind/motives.  We can't reach them becasue we can only judge their actions, not their hearts.  "Man looks on the outward appearance,but the Lord looks on the heart".  I know that you all don't want to hear this, but TS did not becomeas abuser all by himself, because he is some kind of sick monster. Odds are that he himself was also molested as a child, a victim himself.  Hurting people, hurt others.  The abused can often abuse others, if they don't get the help they need.

Thank you George. 

Johann

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 11:31:11 PM »

When it comes to pastors molesting kids, everyone has a dog in the fight, including you. When it come to showing support for those victims and protecting them from further victimization by people like PW and Sam who have savagely attacked Tommy's victims, everyone has a dog in the fight including you. The dog we all have in this fight has nothing to do with Christianity, it has everything to do with common human decency.

Bob you are attempting to do work that does not belong to you.  Conviction and repentence are the work of the Holy Spirit.  Let God work with every one else on their issues, and yours.  Let this go.  From someone who has no dog in this fight an dlike veryone here, the arrogance and sif righteousness is not lost on quite a few of us.  
:goodpost:

I agree with George that we all have a dog in this fight. Then there are some who feel it their responsibility to shoot at our dogs. Why?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:38:17 PM by Johann »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 02:24:06 AM »

I am not saying that you cannot determine good from evil.  I am saying that it is not Bob's place to start a thread to call anyone to redemption or repentence.  This apparently is not going to happen, as they are maintaining TS innocence.  They are not going to apologize or show support to the victims as long as they maintain there are no victims.  They still are talking about Duane being a consenting adult.  We have at least5 threads telling them how wrong they are, while they still maintain that innocence.  It is wrong there are no if, and or buts about it.  That is also why the supporters are sticking to their guns on this.  They even know the acts TS committed are atrocioius.  So much so, they live in denial of him committing such acts.  So what is the point of providing a place for them to do something they ahve no intention of doing, but to make one more dig into DS. 

Reaching the conscience, and encouarging repentance is the work of the Holy Spirit, mainly because only God knows the mind/motives.  We can't reach them becasue we can only judge their actions, not their hearts.  "Man looks on the outward appearance,but the Lord looks on the heart".  I know that you all don't want to hear this, but TS did not becomeas abuser all by himself, because he is some kind of sick monster. Odds are that he himself was also molested as a child, a victim himself.  Hurting people, hurt others.  The abused can often abuse others, if they don't get the help they need.

Thank you George. 

Here's the thing, Di. This may sound cold, but I really DON'T CARE if Tommy was abused a a child. I was abused as a young adult, Alex was abused as a child as was the other victim in VA. We're not going around abusing others. Prior abuse is no excuse, it's a cop out used by people who care about no one but themselves.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up