Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3-ABN at the General Conference  (Read 17333 times)

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: 3-ABN at the General Conference
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 11:24:07 AM »

Good afternoon 3D,

Your points would sound good spoken from the pulpit, but realistically there are a growing number of Adventist entities drawing from a shrinking base. I don't think that they are trying to compete against each other, but the fact remains that the resources are becoming more scarce, which logically drives one to conclude that the revenue model needs to evolve to fit the changing market. That is not a bad thing.

What, are you saying, people!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 11:33:18 AM »

Uuuugh....3D, I was just saying that I would like to see Danny's reaction to meeting me in person.  Now, I don't know aobut the competition between SDA networks(quiet as it is kept, I don't watch any of them).  However, I would think it would only be natural to a certain extent for the reason that George mentioned, mainly in terms of the dwindling donor funds.  I think the only thing being said is that the market has indeed become more crowded for 3ABN for a very short amount of time.  Competition in that sense, not that they are all fighting for ratings, etc.  Afterall, they are not driven by revenue from advertising, right?

??????????????????????????????

"a competetive market"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God's people shouldn't compete against one another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lose self!

The good news is universal, God calls and loves all, and His people need to be standing and working together and helping one another to proclaim the truth of HIS CHARACTER and TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY? do we draw these lines in the sand, and keep thinking all who jump on our side are with us or those who stand on the other side are against us and that these are the things God cares about and will judge us  on?

I can't help it, I am reminded of the "dry bones" of EZ 37 here, it was only the Lord which knit them together gave them life and their purpose, enabling them to function. It is so sad that individuals persist in acting as if they are isolated atoms and making themselves that without seeing it.

If we are ever to be the body of Christ,and function as that we have to start acting, talking and believing it, and stop having arms arguing with legs, and ears and toes opposed to eyes etc and acting like it's some competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not.

Until we identify with Christ as he hung on that cross, hurting, suffering and dying for all his enemies and those who put him there (you and I) and understand why he did so, and are willing to do the same, we will get nowhere.

Try reading what Jesus prayed for before giving his life for us, one of the most beautiful prayers I have ever heard or read, he poured his heart out, asking that we would all be one.. (John 17) It wasn't till his disciples in that upper room finally comprehended that and put aside their competition and self and truly became one that the holy spirit was poured out empowering them and caused them to be able to turn this world upside down, we truly need to understand that also.

Wake up people! Let's get our priorities straight! Time is indeed short here.

If we don't do the work we are called to, the very rocks will cry out his truth and make it known, to our shame.

He is coming back, and he is coming soon.

Hope tries to be gracious. The SDA church is now awash with TV networks: Hope (9 or 10 networks), 3ABN (2 networks), LLBN (3 networks), Amazing Facts, and Amazing Discoveries. There was a time when 3ABN was the only one, and with the new landscape of Adventist media, the shrinking donor base, the economic crunch on the faithful donors, the splitting up of donations between so many entities, 3ABN and all the others will have to plot out a paradigm shift in direction and policy if they are to survive in a competetive market.

And?  Hope got good places.  I am surprised they even allowed 3ABN anyplace at all!  I have all the hope in the world that 3ABN is about to see God's the writing on the Wall of God!

edited :to fix quotes
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 12:30:22 PM »

The good news is universal, God calls and loves all, and His people need to be standing and working together and helping one another to proclaim the truth of HIS CHARACTER and TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[etc., etc., etc....]

Nice sermon, 3D...

By the way, are we having multiple posting personalities here???
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 12:50:19 PM »

(Not sure that the other 3D, or 3D's, plural, preached quite like that.)
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

GRAT

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 02:57:06 PM »

3-D - Big righteous words from one who acts in such a loving, Christlike manor to those who tick them off.   Why would I personally want to hear anything you have to say at this point?  There is an unanswered question standing in the way.

Who else cares whether you embrace me or are ticked off by me, or want to hear me or don't want to hear me in the scheme of all things?

Truth is truth, either stand by me in the majors, and allow God to sanctify and lead in all the minors knowing he will lead us all in the same direction and to the same truths, or don't and decide to be my enemy , your choice...

Speaking for myself, despite differences of opinions and views, I really wish you only the best, intend you no harm and don't want to fight. I want only the best for you, but that's me, and I can't control how you think or feel...

Spinning Wheel Got To Go Round!!  Who else cares?  I believe Jesus cares about what you did to me and the outright lie you told when you said that all the information you got about me was from what I had posted.  Truth is truth, so tell the truth of where you got the information.  You wish me only the best........then answer my question and quit trying to spin it so you look so holy!!  Don't see much of HIS CHARACTER and TRUTH in your posts. 

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 05:16:04 AM »

Too late, the game has been played, sifting is being done. Proceeds and lives have been wasted. This was our message since 1844. It got worse and the tares will stay until gone. Organizational groups and clubs will not enter togther. We were told and the enemy separated the church the money's use, 3abn and minglers of SDA let it happen. Time is much gone for the message in unity except for the truth in each individuals heart.  The leaders had their chance. I think the lay will work for God's cause in what is left of time. Hope had their chance too till they displayed all against the SP and anything goes. What is left is the money scavangers to their own self demise. This is what each individual needs to wake up to now as man falters fast making their own destruction. Yes, all evidence truly presents a very short time left.  and John Loco sat in the presence of this great manupliation and torcher of DS to LS????   John is a show off anyways.

The Gospel is good news..

Is this good news or encouraging to anyone but the self-righteous?

The Gospel is good news for sure...but it take the imposters to rotten it as soon as newcomers taste it.

GRAT

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 02:36:37 PM »

To some, the people on TV at 3ABN are like movie stars.   Maybe that is why there were so many people crowded around them at GC.  It just occurred to me the other day when a Facebook friend had put up a picture of herself and her small boys with the Mitchoff (spelling?) Sisters.  It was taken at the WA campmeeting.         At the booth where they sell the recordings of the programs there was a sign that said that the sisters would not allow their programs to be taped and if you wanted to know why to go ask the sisters.  Gave me a little chuckle.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 03:16:42 PM »

To some, the people on TV at 3ABN are like movie stars.   Maybe that is why there were so many people crowded around them at GC.  It just occurred to me the other day when a Facebook friend had put up a picture of herself and her small boys with the Mitchoff (spelling?) Sisters.  It was taken at the WA campmeeting.         At the booth where they sell the recordings of the programs there was a sign that said that the sisters would not allow their programs to be taped and if you wanted to know why to go ask the sisters.  Gave me a little chuckle.
You hit the nail on the head, GRAT. I wish some of these people who get all goo goo eyed at the "celebrities" from 3ABN could have the opportunity to see what happens when the cameras are off.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

childoftheking

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 04:51:34 PM »

I remember an actress who played  a villainess in a soap opera who had people stop her on the street to tell her off for what she was supposedly doing to the other characters in her story. People aren't always as they appear on tv. In this entertainment age some veiwers so naive they are not able to discern the between real life and what is in the scripts (or even when the actors ad lib staying in character).

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 03:49:46 PM »

Why don't you tell Danny Shelton and Jim Gilley that, and then tell them to practice what they preach by instructing Simpson to retract his threats.

It really is inexcusable that more than three years after filing that frivolous suit against me, they still have legal threats hanging over my head. If they really wanted to drop it, they should just drop it, entirely.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 05:23:44 PM »

Why don't you tell Danny Shelton and Jim Gilley that, and then tell them to practice what they preach by instructing Simpson to retract his threats.

It really is inexcusable that more than three years after filing that frivolous suit against me, they still have legal threats hanging over my head. If they really wanted to drop it, they should just drop it, entirely.

I see that Steffan at Cindy's site has accused me of lying above, using some rather ugly language in the process. But facts are facts:

• After getting the case dismissed without prejudice on October 30, 2008, Simpson immediately threatened us if we revealed anything within just about any of the documents we received in discovery, including documents from Dunn Loring regarding the allegations of child molestation against Tommy Shelton.
  • In January of this year, I wrote Simpson and asked him if they were abandoning their attempted confidentiality designation of documents that don't qualify for protection, and gave a list of examples, including the documents from Dunn Loring. He replied that if I disclosed anything in any of these documents, he would try to get me held in contempt of court.

Simpson's threats indicate that Danny Shelton and 3ABN are still trying to infringe on my constitutional rights as an American citizen. If they want to drop the lawsuit, they should drop it entirely, and not keep threatening to hold me in contempt of court for exercising my rights. Until they stop their threats, the appeals go on. That's just the way it is.

It really is despicable that Danny Shelton and 3ABN (Jim Gilley, are you listening?) would still try to cover up the child molestation allegations against Tommy Shelton by threatening me regarding the Dunn Loring documents, when there is absolutely no legal basis for Danny or 3ABN to try to declare those documents confidential.

And now that Tommy has decided to plead guilty, what point would there be in Danny and 3ABN pretending that the allegations against Tommy are some sort of weird trade secret of 3ABN or DLS publishing or Danny Shelton himself? Because that's the only basis for confidentiality: a trade secret or confidential business information pertaining to Danny or 3ABN.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »

Hope tries to be gracious. The SDA church is now awash with TV networks: Hope (9 or 10 networks), 3ABN (2 networks), LLBN (3 networks), Amazing Facts, and Amazing Discoveries. There was a time when 3ABN was the only one, and with the new landscape of Adventist media, the shrinking donor base, the economic crunch on the faithful donors, the splitting up of donations between so many entities, 3ABN and all the others will have to plot out a paradigm shift in direction and policy if they are to survive in a competetive market.

And?  Hope got good places.  I am surprised they even allowed 3ABN anyplace at all!  I have all the hope in the world that 3ABN is about to see God's the writing on the Wall of God!

So, consolidation is inevitable...who will be the winners and who will be the loosers???

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUREPORTER
Radical Right Wing Tea Party Fundementalist, per Dr Lawrence Gerrity

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 09:44:19 PM »

Fran wrote:
And?  Hope got good places.  I am surprised they even allowed 3ABN anyplace at all!  I have all the hope in the world that 3ABN is about to see God's the writing on the Wall of God!

princessdi wrote:
Why dont' you all have a crying smiley?!!!  I am so disappointed!  I would give anything to walk up to that booth and say "Hello Danny!  I'm Princessdi!"   Sigh.........LOL!!!

George wrote:
"Hope tries to be gracious...3ABN and all the others will have to plot out a paradigm shift in direction and policy if they are to survive in a competetive market."

??????????????????????????????

"a competetive market"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God's people shouldn't compete against one another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lose self!

WHY? do we draw these lines in the sand, and keep thinking all who jump on our side are with us or those who stand on the other side are against us and that these are the things God cares about and will judge us  on?

I can't help it, I am reminded of the "dry bones" of EZ 37 here, it was only the Lord which knit them together gave them life and their purpose, enabling them to function. It is so sad that individuals persist in acting as if they are isolated atoms and making themselves that without seeing it.

If we are ever to be the body of Christ,and function as that we have to start acting, talking and believing it, and stop having arms arguing with legs, and ears and toes opposed to eyes etc and acting like it's some competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not.

Until we identify with Christ as he hung on that cross, hurting, suffering and dying for all his enemies and those who put him there (you and I) and understand why he did so, and are willing to do the same, we will get nowhere.

Try reading what Jesus prayed for before giving his life for us, one of the most beautiful prayers I have ever heard or read, he poured his heart out, asking that we would all be one.. (John 17) It wasn't till his disciples in that upper room finally comprehended that and put aside their competition and self and truly became one that the holy spirit was poured out empowering them and caused them to be able to turn this world upside down, we truly need to understand that also.

Wake up people! Let's get our priorities straight! Time is indeed short here.

If we don't do the work we are called to, the very rocks will cry out his truth and make it known, to our shame.

He is coming back, and he is coming soon.

edited :to fix quotes

Does 3ABN REALLY KNOW THAT??? Any organization that will spend millions to cover up the sins of it's founders clearly does not walk the walk!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 09:48:28 PM »

Just reporting the facts.

"Cinderella,

My two stepdaughters will look lovely at the ball this evening.  And, Cinderella,  you won't be there to see your two stepsisters presented to the Prince.  You'll be at home scrubbing the toilets.

Just reporting the facts, Cinderella."

Perhaps this was an attempt at humor, but it's.. not, it's also a  a fairy tale, but is there something which can be learned here?

It's hard to comprehend why "little grasshopper" would put themselves in the position of the wicked character, and the one she despises as the heroine, but one thing is clear.  Cinderella, abused, despised and insulted had someone watching out for her. She did go to the ball, she sought her true love as he sought her, and she found what she went looking for, and lived happily ever after. The evil stepmother who said this, and her daughters? Well, they didn't end up so well...

JUST ANOTHER FAIRY TALE AND NO ONE LIVEd HAPILLY EVER AFTER...PARTICULARLY AT 3ABN!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 09:55:21 PM »

Good afternoon 3D,

Your points would sound good spoken from the pulpit, but realistically there are a growing number of Adventist entities drawing from a shrinking base. I don't think that they are trying to compete against each other, but the fact remains that the resources are becoming more scarce, which logically drives one to conclude that the revenue model needs to evolve to fit the changing market. That is not a bad thing.

Pardon my infidel observation, but Amazing Facts and 3ABN are in a deliberate and well planned collission!!! They have the same base of support and the same "fundementalist" adventism as their theme. Someone, clearly had an agenda here and I would expect a new round of Merger-Mania as soon as enough of the base has moved one direction or the other.

Any bets on which direction the base will shift to, Mr. Gregory??? Oh, by the way, you forgot to report on the activity on the other booths...oversight or deliberate???

Just asking the obvious??? I must asume you are "fair and balanced"!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up