Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Obama as Americas President, is it all over but the counting.....  (Read 68929 times)

reddogs

Obama as Americas President, is it all over but the counting.....

All the news media have Obama winning with almost 300 electoral votes, looks like its all over with just the final count of the vote to be done, at least from the medias viewpoint....

"......Barack Obama now leads McCain by 131 electoral votes, up from his 128-vote lead yesterday. CNN now estimates that if the presidential election were held today, Obama would win 291 electoral votes and John McCain 160. There are 87 electoral votes up for grabs. Again, 270 electoral votes are needed to win the White House...."

The CNN Electoral Map http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/calculator/

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/31/cnn-electoral-map-update-mccain-loses-ground/

Johann

Re: Obama as Americas President, is it all over but the counting.....
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 05:35:02 AM »

To some it looks like you have the great freedom to choose between two evils.

If you are satisfied with great corruption then vote Republican

If you don't mid immorality to flourish then vote for the Democratic ticket.

Do you have a better definition?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 05:57:32 AM »

Johann,

I agree to most your saying but keep in mind that the Congres(Democrats) has really been in control for the years of Bush. Barney Franks and his lover are in possession of some of that money.  Also, Corruption has been in both. But as all has heard a statement used quite often. "The New World ORder". YOu can readily see who is on that side. It will relate to "The One World Power" that will be for a year. (a day). Yes, we believe it is all coming down. McCain if telling the truth stand for How the USA was supposed to be founded for. Not to share the wealth. "The poor will be with you always". It is left by God to our own discrestion on how we do with our wealth. Obama's is forceful. Anything that is "forceful" is against the teaching of the Bible. So we must vote on the bigger picture the way I see it. Obama has premeditated for months and months the corruption of Acorn for the use of illigal votes. We know almost first hand as the very person that helped him out as Sec of State also did corruption in our case.   :usa:

reddogs

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:15:36 AM »

To some it looks like you have the great freedom to choose between two evils.

If you are satisfied with great corruption then vote Republican

If you don't mid immorality to flourish then vote for the Democratic ticket.

Do you have a better definition?

Little side note:Many of Obama's handlers come from the CIA as I heard his mother was a operative thus the reason she was all over the world. Anyone heard anything on that..

Knight

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 04:46:02 AM »

Some things Obama has planned.

1. It is said Obamas team will cut the military budget by 35 percent the first week in office.
2. Cut almost all military Research and developement of new weapons systems.
3. Have Congress pass a bill that will force conservative radio programs have opossing viewpoints presented or the radio stations will lose their license. This is an attack on programs like Rush Limbaugh.
4. Force every employer to have a health plan or be fined.
5. Increase social security tax to unlimited income for all incomes over 250,000 dollars.
6. Increase the taxes on all families earning more than $250,000 and give the extra money in tax rebates to those with less money. Redistributing the wealth is good for America says Obama.
7. Increase the corporate tax rates. This will make the recession deeper but Obama does not seem to realize this.

Just some of the things Obama has planned for us.

Johann

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 05:56:58 AM »

Is this written in the heat of an election campaign against him?

reddogs

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 06:50:02 AM »

Is this written in the heat of an election campaign against him?

Obama is very charming and well learned, but I am afraid until we see the policies and laws he pushes, we will not know the 'true' Obama....McCain seems to be a oppurtunist, so its hard to pick between the two..

Johann

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 07:45:53 AM »

I have two good friends - almost relatives -and both Seventh-day Adventists. One of them has already voted for McCain in order to save America from destruction. The other one votes for Obama for the same reason. A third good friend in the same category, but not a SDA, is refraining from voting this time. He sees too much corruption on both sides.

Who is doing the right think?

reddogs

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 12:10:59 PM »

I have two good friends - almost relatives -and both Seventh-day Adventists. One of them has already voted for McCain in order to save America from destruction. The other one votes for Obama for the same reason. A third good friend in the same category, but not a SDA, is refraining from voting this time. He sees too much corruption on both sides.

Who is doing the right thing?

When Castro came into power in Cuba he told his men, you will be by my side when we take power, trust me. He told the Catholics, look I wear the cross on my neck, so trust me. To the people he said, I am fighting to bring you out of oppressive yoke of the dictator, so trust me, and to the peasants and farmers he said I am fighting to make a better life for you, so trust me.

So they trusted him and the firing squads began, and soon everyone who trusted him found out what they had believed in, was all a lie.

We cannot put our trust in man, but we can always hope and pray that God brings us men of good character and knowledge to lead our nation. Vote your conscience and put the rest in Gods hands...

calvin

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 02:55:28 PM »

1. It is said Obamas team will cut the military budget by 35 percent the first week in office.
3. Have Congress pass a bill that will force conservative radio programs have opossing viewpoints presented or the radio stations will lose their license. This is an attack on programs like Rush Limbaugh.
5. Increase social security tax to unlimited income for all incomes over 250,000 dollars.
6. Increase the taxes on all families earning more than $250,000 and give the extra money in tax rebates to those with less money. Redistributing the wealth is good for America says Obama.
7. Increase the corporate tax rates. This will make the recession deeper but Obama does not seem to realize this.

THE SKY IS FALLING. THE SKY IS FALLING.  I love you Obama alarmist.  Yeah, even this was true, which is is not, only 2% of Americans make more than $250K.  You where not complaining with Bush/McCain and the republican controled congress with giving these increasing tax breaks to the wealth and corporations.

Now this is what you ought to be scared about.  A McCain that voted 90% with Bush, who has a 22% approval rating, the lowest ever of any president. Worst encomonic situation in recent history, banks falling, two wars, etc.  etc. 

We need real change in American...and on Tuesday with an Obama win we will be on our way.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 03:34:44 PM »

Calvin,
Figures lie, and Liars figure!!

calvin

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 06:37:55 PM »

Calvin,
Figures lie, and Liars figure!!
Come on now.  This is the best comeback you have?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 07:00:07 PM »

Calvin,
Let me state this, We have been in the political world for many, many years but not politicians. We relate and feel it is important to know what is happening and compare History and Revelation,  the Spirit of Phrophcy and then stay on the side of Bibical Order. The only way we can do that is to find and know truth of the matter.  We share our wealth on an Individual Basis as we are judged on these things on individual basis, Not on a forceful handout that some people set back and feel intitled too Especially when someone else worked for it. There is always some people that feel they are owed freebies while others do not. Joe the Plummer is one of them. Sorry but you sputtered out your belief in Sharing the Wealth.... You must be young and inexperienced from your vocabulary.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 10:16:03 PM »

Pardon me Calvin, but to me you sound like the sound bites off many of the main stream media. Hmm...the media has gone to great lengths to protect and shelter Obama. People have been robbed of asking authentic and concerning questions that should be looked at carefully, and sidetracked with non-issue stuff and fluff. Sad. I have never seen such an organized media bias in my life time.

If BO wins, this country will be in grave danger. Ask Biden, Hillary, and plenty of other dems who have stated it as well, when there wasn't something in it for them to suddenly flip/flop. This has nothing to do with being an alarmist. Has everything to do with his radical record (when he decided to vote) and who he hangs with - or maybe just who he has used to climb up the political ladder, or maybe who is using him.

Among many other things that concern me, some mentioned above, I don't care to have my "wealth" spread around, thank you. Gee, which wealth number are we talking? It once was those who made a million or more, then it went to 500g, then to 250, then to 200 (as of last week in the infomercial) and then to 120, and right back to 42,500 where BO put his vote before. I would rather GIVE to help my neighbor then have it taken from me and given to someone feels who they deserve my hard earned living. We have a small business, and we are well aware of what  BO will do to us. We already feel much of that pain in our Dem run state....they never have enough, they have to find ways to take more and more.....maybe I should just quit and get the welfare that will be there for me instead. Why work? I deserve to collect from someone else who works, especially those big companies that make too much, guess they won't have as much left to invest in growing their business and hiring more people, but I'm sure they won't mind laying people off to pay me who wants to sit home and collect my new "pay". Like the lady who said she didn't need to worry about filling her gas tank, buying her groceries, paying her rent or anything of her bills, because Obama was going to take care of her. She decided she didn't need to work so much to get somewhere. No need.

Programs are great if they teach and educate people to take care of themselves and their families, but not if they enable people to be dependent on the govt, which really only buys continued votes, which is a nice way of keeping power.

BO voted 94 times to RAISE taxes in his short time as a senator...that's the dem way. BIIIIIGGG govt.

Should we talk about BO's votes on botched abortions too?? Very sensitive subject.....

The media has been on a hate fest against Bush for 8 years, and especially the past 4, mostly to being EXTREMELY poor losers and a plan to make everything that has gone wrong about Bush...well, remember that it was under Clinton that the idea of putting people who could not afford it in situations that were part of this large economic mess with Frannie and Freddie, and Frank and the dems in control the past two years who sealed the fate of them by saying no regulation was needed after Bush called for review SEVERAL times since 2002, and of course Ol Barney Frank said just this summer (in July) that all was fine with F&F!! HA!!! Well, they would say that as BO was one of the top 3 benefactors along with Dodd. Doesn't it smell funny to you?? So, thank Frank and Dodd for their dedication to oversight of these programs.

Bush has kept us safe, as one canadian lady said, "why do so many americans hate their president? He said he would keep them safe and he has!". They hate because they have been told to and why. Not because they have thought things out on their own. No president does everything perfectly, and as I recall, no president has had to fight terrorism like we have it now.

Among other stark comparisons I could mention, I would rather have someone who is against and has NEVER asked for any ear marks (like McCain) while BO has asked for almost 1 mil per day he has been in office...hmm...

If he wins, change is on the way, but in my opinion, it won't be good change.

THE SKY IS FALLING. THE SKY IS FALLING.  I love you Obama alarmist.  Yeah, even this was true, which is is not, only 2% of Americans make more than $250K.  You where not complaining with Bush/McCain and the republican controled congress with giving these increasing tax breaks to the wealth and corporations.

Now this is what you ought to be scared about.  A McCain that voted 90% with Bush, who has a 22% approval rating, the lowest ever of any president. Worst encomonic situation in recent history, banks falling, two wars, etc.  etc. 

We need real change in American...and on Tuesday with an Obama win we will be on our way.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 12:52:52 AM »

sonshineonme,
You said that so well, and also. Another verse you can be sure or apply is if one can not decide or bring yourself to believe is.. "a man will not work and another eat!". This is what is intended.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up