Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Obama as Americas President, is it all over but the counting.....  (Read 68927 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Obama as Americas President, is it all over but the counting.....
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 09:11:45 PM »

NO!!  Di!!  Please don't go!!  I love you gurl!!  I think it is AWESOME to have a black President!!  My issues with Obama have nothing to do with his race!  What I didn't understand was everybody turning on Governor Palin saying that she wasn't qualified to be President.  But I thought she was a lot more qualified than Senator Obama.  I couldn't care less if they both were purple dwarfs!  I just don't think he has enough experience.  (But just for the record, I couldn't vote for anybody this round, for geographical reasons.)

I thought his acceptance speech was excellent, he is sincere, he has a beautiful family, and he is our President-elect!  May God be with him and provide him with the wisdom he will need to succeed.  And you are right!  America did take a huge step forward.  MLK would be proud!!

Last night, America took and huge step forward, but not all Americans took that step, as expected.  Habenero does not have to be sayign anything tongue in cheek. It is his perogative to remain racially challenged.  God gives him this choice. Not all have reached the point of loving their brohters and sisters in chirst with God's love...unconditionally.  Let him have his say, he is speaking from his heart.

Let, just add something now that I have read ALL of the threads!!!  Never mind.....i guess I should not be surprised at the racism here.   It clouds your judgment so that you over look the mess we are in.............Just so you own't have a black man int he White House.  You all need much prayer to change those racist hearts.  It is just sad.  however, I thank you all for showing your true colors.   i'm out!

Habanero

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 10:51:12 PM »

Last night, America took and huge step forward, but not all Americans took that step, as expected.  Habenero does not have to be sayign anything tongue in cheek. It is his perogative to remain racially challenged.  God gives him this choice. Not all have reached the point of loving their brohters and sisters in chirst with God's love...unconditionally.  Let him have his say, he is speaking from his heart.

Let, just add something now that I have read ALL of the threads!!!  Never mind.....i guess I should not be surprised at the racism here.   It clouds your judgment so that you over look the mess we are in.............Just so you own't have a black man int he White House.  You all need much prayer to change those racist hearts.  It is just sad.  however, I thank you all for showing your true colors.   i'm out!

Princess Di, sorry that you took offence. It was a joke making fun of the many people who think that way.

You have grown up and lived in a white majority country. I did not. I was raised in a country where there were very few white people, and I had no white friends or neighbors. All my friends and the people I was raised with were black. I thought I was one of them. I speak fluent Caribbean Creole, as that is my native tongue, and was entirely unaware of such a thing as racism until I moved to the United States.

I did not support Obama, but it had nothing to do with his race, it had to do with his policies, and the policies of the party that he ran with. Wars, financial crisis, and those other things aside, the most precious thing there is on the face of this earth is the life of a child. I lived in IL when Barak stood with those who tried to bring about a law that would mandate that any baby who survived a late term abortion attempt would not be helped and would be left to lie there and cry on a table until it died. He supported that, and wanted it to become law that a doctor could not help a baby who was born that was unwanted. I cannot support any person, no matter their race, who would support such a horrible and inhuman thing. I have very personal reasons for my position on that and no one will ever successfully challenge that as I am very glad to be alive, and anyone who would debate me on this issue, by doing so, wants me dead. Princess, Di, I assume (hopefully?) you don't wish I was dead, but I cannot and will not support the death of people like myself. Barak wanted me and people like me to be dead, and he would have demanded by law that no doctor could save unwanted people like me. I am more than happy to be alive, and every day is a wonderful thing to me. That would not have had any chance of happening is Barak had his way.

So, yes, I have a problem with him, and no, it has nothing to do with his race. If you or anyone else attempt to turn my issues with him into a racial matter, you are cheapening something very precious, and showing that your own racism against me for the white color of my skin is the more important to you than my life, and the lives of many others like me who are of all races. The value of life supercedes race every time!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:15:37 PM by Habanero »

Habanero

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 11:37:51 PM »

Furthermore, Princess Di, I am one of ten adopted kids in a family of 17 kids. I have black and hispanic brothers and sisters who are MY brothers and sisters, and don't you ever dare to accuse me of racism against my own family,  because of your own issues and my disagreements with Barak Obama for his desire for children to be killed.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 05:39:52 AM »

Princessdi,

Your words make it well known where you are and who and what you voted for. Obama was elected because of racism coming mostly from Black America.  Christian people voted for Character, a way of life from Bibical standards. What we or I voted against is premediated for years ahead for Acorn to accomplish a hidden agenda, eastern Connections, double talk, lying, concealing of what I believe is not even born in USA. Check out court dockets in PA. Nothing was up front with this guy. High taxes, spread the wealth, control, change the world. (Did you believe he could change the world with unbiblical agenda.) We Christians will be able to stand and get through this but my only thought is will you?  I hope you have no illusion that Black Americia or any ones skin color will exempt you from Obama's and His liberal Democratic tax and spin policies. Ready to give up freedom of speach? For those who thought to get freebies. There is nothing free!!

Christians voted on Principles as I have read these posts of many.

I have very close amazing Black friends that do not think this way. They are not Adventist. In fact you would not want her to be turned loose on these sort of posts. I have been correcting, critiquing, her book for her that soon comes out. Go to www.mainstreetfedup.biz. This is just an introduction to her finished book possible coming out by next week. She gets it.

And for all of you like Calvin's posts also that think in the terms these uneduacated whites of racism, go to the Web site and read her story as she discovers the realms of the Economy and why, where and what has happened to America financially. (Obama's Agenda)
The broad picture here is voters did not vote for Principles but Racism.
and it detailed where we are in the end of History as a whole because of the lack of principles. Again I ask, Did you think that USA would not be corrupted totally before Jesus comes.
I reject being called racist. I voted for Freedom!!! for all.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 06:24:47 AM by tinka »

calvin

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 08:09:15 AM »

When I was a much younger man I assumed every missed job promotion, any slight against me, unkind word by a white person was a result of racism.  But later in life I discovered that there are a lot of reasons why someone may not like me that has nothing to do with race.  Some Black people don’t like me either.   I don’t mind saying that some Blacks are too eager to play the race card, assuming that every misfortune is a result of racism.

I saw nothing in this thread that hints at racism.  What I did find amusing is that some Adventist will take any major current event and equate it to Adventist brand of prophecy.  So Obama will bring the peace before the time of trouble, the anti-Christ?  This is just downright silly.

Obama won the election because he is smarter, with better ideas, and showed leadership under fire…and had little to do with race.   That is my take.   For me it is still sinking in.  A Black man in the White House.  Wow  I like most African-Americans we are so proud of him, we can hardly contain ourselves.  But I am just as proud to be an American, for what is country did in this election.  The vast majority voted their conscience on the issues, just the way it should be.

Johann

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 09:28:01 AM »

Calvin,

I want to express my appreciation for this post of yours.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 09:37:51 AM »

When I was a much younger man I assumed every missed job promotion, any slight against me, unkind word by a white person was a result of racism.  But later in life I discovered that there are a lot of reasons why someone may not like me that has nothing to do with race.  Some Black people don’t like me either.   I don’t mind saying that some Blacks are too eager to play the race card, assuming that every misfortune is a result of racism.

I saw nothing in this thread that hints at racism.

What are you reading? When it is accused that we just can't except a black man as President..What do you call that??

What I did find amusing is that some Adventist will take any major current event and equate it to Adventist brand of prophecy.

So what brand of Prophecy do you consider better??

And I sincerely hope you can stay amused as this will not bring peace!  IThis agenda never did!!!  

So Obama will bring the peace before the time of trouble, the anti-Christ? 

The anti-Christ is already here. Where have you been??

This is just downright silly.

Obama won the election because he is smarter, with better ideas, and showed leadership under fire…and had little to do with race. 

You mean like his 20 years of under fire under Rev. Wright??

That is my take.   For me it is still sinking in.  A Black man in the White House.  Wow  I like most African-Americans we are so proud of him, we can hardly contain ourselves. 

And there it is again...this is why you voted. Your own pride! That a Black Man in office was always possible. What made you think it was not??  Because of race?? We just wanted one with good Character and morals. He is smart alright and so is Lucifer. A good American fights under the Christian banner of why this country was founded. Freedom for all and not to get someone in office to prove their  equal when whites consider that it already is. We are not back in time here.  Why do only a few Black realize that White America has fought for equality and no matter what, Black still claim racism. Why don't you look back in History, far back and see how the Dems did to you back then. It was the Republicans that fought for you. But all and all I wish it could be not like this. But in reading EGW it is clear that using racism is definitely a tool of the Devil. In this day and age it is of no concern to me except to be on the right side of things.  Obama did play the race card for not a very amusing agenda. How can it be??  No compasion for poor babies that cannot choose. Smart huh!!!  He wants the rich to pay for us po folk.

But I am just as proud to be an American, for what is country did in this election.  The vast majority voted their conscience on the issues, just the way it should be.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2008, 09:54:14 AM »

In stead of following the counting of the votes last night - I figured me watching would not make any difference in the outcome - a Greek internet program challenged me to read 1 Thess. 1:1. 1Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace.

The expression "in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ" was a sermon to me. Am I within this protection? There is the only safety. Compare this with Psalm 91.

Johann, you missed a truly magnificent moment in history:

A moment when America showed the world that those who are motivated by fear, hatred and self-serving agendas are a shrinking minority.
A moment when America showed the world that those who are motivated by hope, faith and charity are becoming a powerful majority.

Please don't misunderstand me.  Millions of good-hearted, ethical Americans voted for John McCain for all of the right reasons.  However, there was a very vocal element among his supporters who showed the world a very ugly side of this country.  They were responsible for emails and hate sites full of lies and twisted truths flooding the internet, appealing to the fears and predjudices of many.  They were responsible for such abominable moments as the one, at a Palin rally in PA this past October.  By not strongly denouncing these rumormongering emails and blatant shows of hatred, McCain was giving them his tacit approval; encouraging this destructive behavior by his silence.  I believe it cost him dearly.  It was still there when on November 4th, when he was attempting to give his outstanding and gracious concession speech and a group of his supporters booed at the mention of our President-elect's name.... this in front of all the watching world.  I felt such a great sadness for John McCAin at that moment.  A few persisted with their vitriol, refusing to join him in his sincere attempt to begin the post-campaign healing, even when others among the crowd tried to stop them.

You also missed seeing the crowd gathered at Grant Park.  If any booed during Barack Obama's first speech as America's President-elect, I didn't hear it.  I saw tears of joy, faces glowing with hope and a crowd that truly represented what America is becoming; a country united.

It wasn't Black America, White America, Latino America, Asian America, Gay America, Christian America, Atheist America or any other group that elected Barack Obama to be our 44th Commander in Chief...  It was America.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Johann

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2008, 10:02:30 AM »

Thank you GMN,

I did see most of what you refer to, although some of it delayed. What I missed was the slow counting of all the votes, state by state, going on for hours. Even that was shown on TV over here. It shiws what an important event this was for the whole world.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2008, 10:06:25 AM »

Grammy,
I can assure you that the Pa rally thing that the media claimed happened Did not happen!! You happen to be watching the liberal media for that one. It was founded to be a lie but of course you did not see that on any liberal media station. I did not watch any of his slick speach. Nor will I ever. But pryor I watched every smidge to know truth to give him every benefit of any doubt as a human being because I have learned much in my life that only after you bite the beautiful juicy red apple will your eyes be opened.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 10:49:42 AM »

I saw nothing in this thread that hints at racism.

What are you reading? When it is accused that we just can't except a black man as President..What do you call that??

What I did find amusing is that some Adventist will take any major current event and equate it to Adventist brand of prophecy.

So what brand of Prophecy do you consider better??

And I sincerely hope you can stay amused as this will not bring peace!  IThis agenda never did!!!  

So Obama will bring the peace before the time of trouble, the anti-Christ?  This is just downright silly.

The anti-Christ is already here. Where have you been??

The anti-Christ is already here?  Who is he?  Certainly you aren't suggesting that President-elect Barack Obama is the anti-Christ! 

Obama won the election because he is smarter, with better ideas, and showed leadership under fire…and had little to do with race. 

You mean like his 20 years of under fire under Rev. Wright??

Rev. Jeremiah Wright is an American who served this country well and has every right to his opinions.  Media twisted his words, his thoughts to make them appear divisive.  I was disappointed that Barack Obama  distanced himself from Rev. Wright, but understand that he needed to because he is a man who wants the country to pull together instead of stand divided.  Rev. Wright is addressing a very real part of this country's history and, sadly, its present; for bigotry is still alive in the USA.  Praise God that it is a shrinking minority who still allow it to destroy their hearts!

Tinka, if you really want to assure me that the PA rally thing did not happen, please provide link(s) to proof that the PA rally video was "founded to be a lie" of the liberal media.  If you are unable to provide proof, your assurances that it didn't happen will not suffice.

That is my take.   For me it is still sinking in.  A Black man in the White House.  Wow  I like most African-Americans we are so proud of him, we can hardly contain ourselves. 

And there it is again...this is why you voted. Your own pride! That a Black Man in office was always possible. What made you think it was not??  Because of race?? We just wanted one with good Character and morals. He is smart alright and so is Lucifer. A good American fights under the Christian banner of why this country was founded. Freedom for all and not to get someone in office to prove their  equal when whites consider that it already is. We are not back in time here.  Why do only a few Black realize that White America has fought for equality and no matter what, Black still claim racism. Why don't you look back in History, far back and see how the Dems did to you back then. It was the Republicans that fought for you. But all and all I wish it could be not like this. But in reading EGW it is clear that using racism is definitely a tool of the Devil. In this day and age it is of no concern to me except to be on the right side of things.  Obama did play the race card for not a very amusing agenda. How can it be??  No compasion for poor babies that cannot choose. Smart huh!!!  He wants the rich to pay for us po folk.

How many billions of American dollars are being given each month to pay for a war that is responsible for perfoming post birth abortions on innocent Iraqi children?  Where is  your compassion for these children who cannot choose to be out of the path of bullets and bombs?

But I am just as proud to be an American, for what is country did in this election.  The vast majority voted their conscience on the issues, just the way it should be.

Yes, Calvin, the vast majority (again, Praise God!) voted their conscience on the issues.  I am also proud to be an American!
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Habanero

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 11:17:31 AM »

Please don't misunderstand me.  Millions of good-hearted, ethical Americans voted for John McCain for all of the right reasons.  However, there was a very vocal element among his supporters who showed the world a very ugly side of this country.  They were responsible for emails and hate sites full of lies and twisted truths flooding the internet, appealing to the fears and predjudices of many.  They were responsible for such abominable moments as the one, at a Palin rally in PA this past October.  By not strongly denouncing these rumormongering emails and blatant shows of hatred, McCain was giving them his tacit approval; encouraging this destructive behavior by his silence.  I believe it cost him dearly.  It was still there when on November 4th, when he was attempting to give his outstanding and gracious concession speech and a group of his supporters booed at the mention of our President-elect's name.... this in front of all the watching world.  I felt such a great sadness for John McCAin at that moment.  A few persisted with their vitriol, refusing to join him in his sincere attempt to begin the post-campaign healing, even when others among the crowd tried to stop them.

In all fairness to both sides I will point out that everything you have said about the ugliness and weirdness directed at Obama went the other direction as well, and Obama steadfastly refused to denounce it. There was terrible hate and vitriol, rumouring, emails, websites, and vicious language directed at McCain, but more so at Palin, that had (and still has) Obama's tacit approval.

How many billions of American dollars are being given each month to pay for a war that is responsible for perfoming post birth abortions on innocent Iraqi children?  Where is  your compassion for these children who cannot choose to be out of the path of bullets and bombs?

Yes, it is appalling, although our bullets and bombs stopped killing Iraqi children long ago. For some time now it has been the increasingly diminishing actions of foreign Arab insurgents that has been killing Iraqi civilians. In any case, that in no way makes the domestic killing of little kids in numbers far beyond anything the war did, any more pallatable or right.

Habanero

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 11:36:05 AM »

All that aside, we SDAs do have this propensity for latching onto anything new and declaring it the sign that we have reached the end of time. All my life I have lived with that and seen that. But that is how it has always been. The diciples thought Jesus would return in their lives. Every time Rome fell, they thought it was the end of all time because they were the center of the true church and the greatest power on earth. When the Bulgarian hordes and their Central European allies surrounded Byzantium, it was the end of time, because this city was the center of the true church and was now the greatest power on earth. When the Koresh compound went down in flames, the inhabitants knew that this was the beginning of the apocalypse. When Carter was elected, he was to be the last President for SDA reason that I don't remember. When Reagan was elected, he was going to bring on the national Sunday law. When Bush was elected, he was the former head of the CIA so he was going to institute a KGB/Gulag situation. When Clinton was elected, he was going to turn the country over to our enemies and bring on the end of time because he was going to be anti-American and weak. When GW Bush was elected, he was going to be the last president because he would not allow another election. He would create a terrorist incident and declare marshall law so that he could stay in power indefinitely and be a total dictator. Now we have Obama. Who will be next?

Have we ever heard the story of the little boy who cried "wolf?"

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »

In all fairness to both sides I will point out that everything you have said about the ugliness and weirdness directed at Obama went the other direction as well, and Obama steadfastly refused to denounce it. There was terrible hate and vitriol, rumouring, emails, websites, and vicious language directed at McCain, but more so at Palin, that had (and still has) Obama's tacit approval.

I'd like to see them.  My Inbox was flooded daily by the ones filled with rumors and lies about Obama, but I didn't see the ones about McCain and Palin.  Where are the websites that direct hate, vitrol and vicious language at McCain and Palin?  I'd like to see them.

Yes, it is appalling, although our bullets and bombs stopped killing Iraqi children long ago. For some time now it has been the increasingly diminishing actions of foreign Arab insurgents that has been killing Iraqi civilians. In any case, that in no way makes the domestic killing of little kids in numbers far beyond anything the war did, any more pallatable or right.

Both are equally wrong and equally horrific.  Both demonstrate the epitome of very poor problem solving techniques.   Life is precious, both before and after birth. 
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2008, 11:43:37 AM »

I agree with Calvin, I too saw nothing in this thread that hints at racism. I belong to a family that is both multiracial and multicultural. For me, Princess Di's comments were way off base. Sometimes we see what we expect to see, rather than what is actually taking place.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up