Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Why, oh Why.....  (Read 34816 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: Why, oh Why.....
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2011, 06:28:48 AM »

Yes,

Now did anyone see the interview with the Rafferty(sp ?) about 2 to 4 am. with Shelly and hubby. Are they preparing the way for DS? and what good was that to bear their personal laundry. They claim to help other people. That was the first I heard of that and was absolutely in shock that they agreed or wanted to do that under the guise of "Exposure" for the good. Actually I did not even know what to think of it at first trying hard to get the drift and then it hit me. I no longer thought it was OK. It basically in a broad picture showed "everybody is capable" of these inner sins. What I came away with was "embarrassment for them" and "exploiting" them on national TV for what purpose other then to "humiliate" and think it is OK. I have very mixed emotions over what I saw and wondered why these people did this. I think mostly it is between them and God. What ever the case I do not understand what this did to me feeling this way and I certainly do not think more of them for doing it but less.  Why?? I almost felt like the devil was having a big laugh! You know I could be wrong but why didn't I feel good about seeing this. I can never think of them now as quite stable people for doing it.  We have enough scripture that counteracts these sins. Even if DS came to repent it needs to be to the people he did it too but then he did it publicly where this other did not need to be public.  I wish I would not have seen that cause I always liked the study of the two men but then did not see them for a few years. Shelly seems to be a setter upper to lay out sins that are between 2 personal lives in marriage. I did not like it....I guess! I don't like the "Intervention" stories either as people are asked to "exploit theirselves" for public view. I don't watch the other on national TV either. Something must be wrong with me to not want to watch other peoples sadness and mistakes. That is the only time I do not like the finer details of the worst sins. and TS did some of the worst and I definitely spout off on it. Tell me if anyone can please... would anyone enjoy the finer details in 2-4 hours of all DS escapades??? It just takes repentance and that is it without the goryness.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2011, 09:31:43 AM »

Well said christian!!!   Crispy fries!!  I have a BFF who says "crispy critters". LOL!!!  Hilarious!

Just reiterate, I NEVER said anything about ignoring or excusing anyone's bad behavior(Danny doess to ask forgiveness, make admends, etc. i will say that I am not sure whee he is on this particular journey. TS just needs to [ay the full price for his transgressions against children and young men).  Only that we remember how our Heavenly Father treats us in the midst of our own bad behavior.  That is my only point.

Okay, Princess I will go there and see him in Gods eyes as I see God. I will love him I will exorte him I will plead with him out of love to repent. But, in the end if he dont repent he will burn in flames (though I will light the fire quickly as to hurt but be over quickly). there has to be a balance. I have often said if he had gotten off of 3ABN and not used it to be a prop for his sin we would not be involved. But he went so far as to defend his actions through the ministry even going as far as to marry the lady on the compound. So okay here it is DANNY WE WILL LOVE YOU BUT IF YOU DONT STOP YOU ARE GOING TO BE CRISPY FRIES OR CHARCOAL MEAT. AND YOU WILL STAND OUTSIDE THE NEW JERUSELM AND WATCH YOUR SINS AND SEE GODS MERCIES. THEN A GREAT WHITE THROWN WILL BE LIFTED UP AND FIRE AND BRIMSTONE WILL BE RAINED UPON YOU AND YOUR SINS.

LOL!!!!  Well, I said that, but it is more like personified sin.  Some are only seeing him in light of his sins.  That bothers me because I think about if god thought of us that way, and He could think of ALL of us that way.  Instead He sent His Son to die for our sins, while we were yet in our sins.  That means Danny, too.  this conversation is always a losing battle for me, but I have shope to help someone see ALL of their brothers and sisters in Christ through God's eyes.

First, Princess you will never find where I have implied that Danny was a spawn of the Devil. Secondly, I never ever even before anything came out about Danny view him as the anointed one of God, I saw him only in the light of an Adventist Christian network, I never ever went that deep into him or Linda as it relates to David, or Samuel, Enoch, Elisha. I simply saw Danny and Linda as good people trying to spread the Gospel. It was only later that I began to think he was a spawn of Satan (just kidding) I hope that isn't true, is it?

So true, we agree, DAVID was anointed. However, I fail to see where him being anointed has anything to do with whether Danny was anointed or appointed by God?

Both are claimed to be annointed and appointed by God to do a task for Him.  For David, the authority is the Bible, which we believe to be true.  For Danny, at this point the authority is himself and his friends, both of whom you all have issues and believe to be the spawn of satan, so you don't beleive it.  Not saying that I agree or disagree, just stating the facts.

I still don't understand why you believe Danny was anointed or appointed except from the lips of Danny and his friends. And since he is and independent ministry and non denominational who anointed Him?

Ok so God on annoints SDA ministries?

We know from the Bible that the prophet anointed Samuel anointed David but who anointed Danny? We know that Ellen G. White had to meet the criteria of a prophet as set by the Bible in order for us to except her as sent and anointed.

So please tell me where you get any of the evidence that Danny was anointed. Unless you are using the fact that David's name starts with a D and so does Danny. (smile)

You are so funny, Christian.  This is why I like chatting with you.  Answer me this, before approximately 7 years ago and Danny's apparent mid-life crisis, did any of you have any problem with the fact that God had chosen Danny[and Linda] to establish 3ABN?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

mrst53

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »

I am just glad that God can't see my sins the way we see each other sins, nor does He judge us the way we judge us the way we do ourselves or each other. I am glad that I am covered by the blood of Jesus Christ His Son. What kind of world would this be without the Blood?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2011, 05:24:15 PM »

I am just glad that God can't see my sins the way we see each other sins, nor does He judge us the way we judge us the way we do ourselves or each other. I am glad that I am covered by the blood of Jesus Christ His Son. What kind of world would this be without the Blood?

:goodpost:                                  :amen:

Very well said, mrst53!

Pat Williams

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »

Christian, Who anointed the Apostle Paul? And if he was, what evidence is there to prove it?

So true, we agree, DAVID was anointed. However, I fail to see where him being anointed has anything to do with whether Danny was anointed or appointed by God? I still don't understand why you believe Danny was anointed or appointed except from the lips of Danny and his friends. And since he is and independent ministry and non denominational who anointed Him? We know from the Bible that the prophet anointed Samuel anointed David but who anointed Danny? We know that Ellen G. White had to meet the criteria of a prophet as set by the Bible in order for us to except her as sent and anointed. So please tell me where you get any of the evidence that Danny was anointed. Unless you are using the fact that David's name starts with a D and so does Danny. (smile)

Ok, so reading back over this thread, I still agree and disagree in the areas stated in my posts above. 

However, as I think about this.  We could argue this for as long as we like, but the bottom line is that David was annoited and appointed and went just about as wrong as you can go.  It makes no difference if it was King or priest, David had an responsibility to walk in that annointing.  He failed to do so on many occasions.  I don't know of any who are claimed or claim themselves annointed and appointed to have gone so far off from that calling.  So the fact that they go down the wrong path is no indiciation that there were not called, appointed, or even annointed.  I am with mrst, I believe most start out believing in their calling and then their frailties get the best of them.

SDAminister

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2011, 04:19:10 PM »

Christian, Who anointed the Apostle Paul? And if he was, what evidence is there to prove it?

God called him. (Paul had a calling)
Hands were laid upon him (He was set apart as a chosen vessel). He was filled with the Holy Spirit after this. His appointment was to bear God's name before Gentiles, kings, and the Children of Israel.

Acts 9:6-17
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here , Lord.
11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
16 For I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »

I know that's right Mrst!   Whether it was cries or critters, we would be crispy in a hot minute!

It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2011, 02:25:48 PM »

I s'pose its essential to read the Bible to know this.

God called him. (Paul had a calling)
Hands were laid upon him (He was set apart as a chosen vessel). He was filled with the Holy Spirit after this. His appointment was to bear God's name before Gentiles, kings, and the Children of Israel.

Acts 9:6-17
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here , Lord.
11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
16 For I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

HaroldT

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2011, 02:29:58 PM »

Hi, Tinka.
Yes, I saw a rerun of the show, "Thursday Night Live,"  Sunday afternoon.  I agree.  It would have been better to have left that one off.  I know them both, and was really sorry to see how close they came.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2011, 07:37:23 PM »

Harold, Tinka what is it exactly that comfessed to on the show?  Now, we are supposed to confess our faults to one another, the Bible says, for a God given source of encouragement from our brothers and sisters.  The reason most people don't, maybe because of the response by Tinka and Harold.  it just is not safe.People may still judge you by sins of which God has alreayd forgiven.

Then there just is bad taste........so which is it?  What did they do?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2011, 04:38:59 AM »

Di, 

Rici R. bore all her personal sins she did against her husband in another affair.  I really do not believe it is helpful in public eye when her husband is in public eye with the role that he has. He did nothing wrong except maybe show he was lax in keeping a wife when he is so busy cause Rici bore her wandering ways.  Either way did not help their cause. Their trial was not for public view as they have nothing to do with pleading for public funds under the guise of religion and making people believe their character one way when living another in position and in control as the whole 3abn.

After all the years of marriage for me I can say. True love, true devotion, true committment to God will not let you wander to another if the other is totally faithful to you. Pride, vanity and selfishness of ones own self will take what one so desires at weak points. How could you do this even to your children of said marriage if any?

Kind of like me and the jewelry. I think it is so pretty and so flashy. Yes have wandered in the stores to look at it but will not wear it or have.  I pass it everytime in the back isle where I get my clothes soap at Sams. I decided to wait on it if I ever get to heaven where Jesus will give me what he wants and if he doesnt. Heaven is well enough. Rici found hers at the gym.  and here we are as the whole group can talk and wonder about it. So what good was it they did this. Embarrassing for them I am sure or maybe not.. Shows more weakness at 3abn. now who doesn't do this there??? One can only think and speculate and now you know why I brought up the Interview of Shelly and the Raffertys.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2011, 05:19:25 AM »

"Another affair"? Are you sure there was more than one difficulty?

HaroldT

« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2011, 05:44:13 AM »

Harold, Tinka what is it exactly that comfessed to on the show?  Now, we are supposed to confess our faults to one another, the Bible says, for a God given source of encouragement from our brothers and sisters.  The reason most people don't, maybe because of the response by Tinka and Harold.  it just is not safe.People may still judge you by sins of which God has alreayd forgiven.

Then there just is bad taste........so which is it?  What did they do?

As the Bible says, 'to one another'.  I don't think that means you are to do your 'laundry' in front of the whole world.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »

Aaaaaaaahhhhh!  I see.  But then I have to think of the prophet Hosea and how his story with an errant wife in there for all to view, for all time so far, right?  Would we say that was unnecessary?   His wife even had children from her exploits, right?

I also would consider that particular testimony might not have been for you or Tinka, who are not tempted in that area. God might have meant it for someone who is now struggling.  That is the intended ministry is it not?  I am sure over the years 3ABN has had people on who came on to give testimony to overcoming any numbers of situations, drugs, alcohol, the horrors of street life......etc.  There is a serious problem within society and the church with moral sin, some testimonies of those who have overcome, come back from the brink of the guilt, condemnation this type of sins brings, and spiritual and practical(Example: when an alcoholic you don't go where they are drinking alcohol) ways they continue to be victorious might be of value to somebody.

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Those are just some thoughts off the top of my head.  Oh, yes one more thought, her husband cannot "keep" her from falling............" to Him Who is able to keep you from falling" doesn't refer to Rici's husband, right?  I have to believe that was male ego talking.  Understandable, but not practical or biblical
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:02:29 AM by princessdi »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2011, 12:23:07 PM »

The Rafferty's made this public a number of years ago. Does anyone recall that?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up