Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danny Shelton forbids sharing info from TCTR book  (Read 7032 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Danny Shelton forbids sharing info from TCTR book
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:27:47 AM »

Danny Shelton's attorney sent the following cover letter with the plaintiffs' production of their super secret Rule 26(a)(1) materials.

May 14,2008

Re: Three Angels Broadcasting Network, Inc. and Danny Lee Shelton vs. Gailon Arthur Joy and Robert Pickle
Court Docket No. 07-40098-FDS
Our File No. 24,681-D-002

Dear Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy:

Enclosed and served upon you please find Confidential documents identified in Plaintiffs’ Rule 26(a)(1) Initial Disclosures (constituting the remainder of Plaintiffs’ (26)(a)(1)-identified documents) and produced in response to Judge Hillman’s Order of April 17, 2008. Please note that this production includes only one “Mending Broken People” DVD and “Ten Commandments” book, but both are provided in their original format.

By declaring Ten Commandments Twice Removed to be confidential, Danny Shelton attempted to forbid the defendants from sharing the contents of that book with anyone, including their own neighbors. Otherwise, the defendants could be held in contempt of court.

Imagine, if you will, a man who claims to be counteracting the counterfeit, who claims to be giving the undiluted three angels' messages to the world, who wants you to line his pockets by buying his book from 3ABN by the thousands, classifying the very book you bought as confidential, and trying to hold someone in contempt of court who dares witness to his or her neighbors by sharing its contents with them.

Just more evidence that Danny Shelton's lawsuit was anti-Adventist, anti-American, and anti-First Amendment.

Sam

Re: Danny Shelton forbids sharing info from TCTR book
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:09:18 PM »

Danny Shelton's attorney sent the following cover letter with the plaintiffs' production of their super secret Rule 26(a)(1) materials.

May 14,2008

Re: Three Angels Broadcasting Network, Inc. and Danny Lee Shelton vs. Gailon Arthur Joy and Robert Pickle
Court Docket No. 07-40098-FDS
Our File No. 24,681-D-002

Dear Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy:

Enclosed and served upon you please find Confidential documents identified in Plaintiffs’ Rule 26(a)(1) Initial Disclosures (constituting the remainder of Plaintiffs’ (26)(a)(1)-identified documents) and produced in response to Judge Hillman’s Order of April 17, 2008. Please note that this production includes only one “Mending Broken People” DVD and “Ten Commandments” book, but both are provided in their original format.

By declaring Ten Commandments Twice Removed to be confidential, Danny Shelton attempted to forbid the defendants from sharing the contents of that book with anyone, including their own neighbors. Otherwise, the defendants could be held in contempt of court.

Imagine, if you will, a man who claims to be counteracting the counterfeit, who claims to be giving the undiluted three angels' messages to the world, who wants you to line his pockets by buying his book from 3ABN by the thousands, classifying the very book you bought as confidential, and trying to hold someone in contempt of court who dares witness to his or her neighbors by sharing its contents with them.

Just more evidence that Danny Shelton's lawsuit was anti-Adventist, anti-American, and anti-First Amendment.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :hamster: :hamster: :hamster:

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 03:11:31 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :hamster: :hamster: :hamster:

You're right, Sam. What Danny did was so outrageous, it could be taken as being funny.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 05:20:34 AM »

How can the book Ten Commandments Twice Removed that is in the hands of so, so many people, be declared to be confidential?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 11:45:37 AM »

That's what I'd like to know.

They gave us the 2007 edition. Now since it's confidential, I can't tell you what's on the cover. But I can tell you what's on the cover of the other copies of the 2007 edition that I have. They say in the upper right hand corner something about more than 5 million copies being in print.

The confidentiality order says that you can call certain things confidential if they aren't available to the public.

So I'd like to know how they could call that confidential. And the 2006 issue of Catch the Vision, which had "confidential" stamped on every page, even though anyone in the world could download it off of 3ABN's website.

So I can hear it now, "PickledJoy, you dare breathe a word about what's in Catch the Vision, and hi ho, hi ho, it's off to court we go. And you'll lose, because the judge will see through all your lies, and he will agree with us that what's in Catch the Vision is top secret, a trade secret, extremely sensitive business and commercial information."

Johann

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 08:03:20 AM »

They gave us the 2007 edition. Now since it's confidential, I can't tell you what's on the cover. But I can tell you what's on the cover of the other copies of the 2007 edition that I have. They say in the upper right hand corner something about more than 5 million copies being in print.

The confidentiality order says that you can call certain things confidential if they aren't available to the public.

So I'd like to know how they could call that confidential. And the 2006 issue of Catch the Vision, which had "confidential" stamped on every page, even though anyone in the world could download it off of 3ABN's website.

So I can hear it now, "PickledJoy, you dare breathe a word about what's in Catch the Vision, and hi ho, hi ho, it's off to court we go. And you'll lose, because the judge will see through all your lies, and he will agree with us that what's in Catch the Vision is top secret, a trade secret, extremely sensitive business and commercial information."

Is it still confidential?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 08:39:10 AM »

Is it still confidential?

After reading the confidentiality order more closely last spring, I think that items that do not qualify for protection under that order are truly confidential. Consider:

"Confidential Information" as used herein means any type or classification of information in any of the Subject Discovery Materials which is designated as "CONFIDENTIAL" by one of the parties, or a third party (the "designating party"), in accordance with this Order. (http://www.3abnvjoy.com/mad-07cv40098/mad-07cv40098-doc-60.pdf)

So items designated confidential in violation of that order are not confidential.
Pages: [1]   Go Up