Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Secrets of the worst kind - similar to 3abn?  (Read 24627 times)

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
Secrets of the worst kind - similar to 3abn?
« on: January 22, 2009, 12:12:33 PM »

Maybe you all have heard by now, such great news to have spread across the nation, and probably the world by now, that our NEWLY elected Democrat gay Mayor of Portland Oregon has been caught in some terrible, and far reaching lies of the worst kind. Here is one article.

http://www.kxl.com/tabid/72/itemid/17060/Calls-made-for-Adams-to-resign.aspx

He has publically apologized, BUT this really means nothing, because the crime is more then a lie, but involves relations he has admitted to with an teenage boy, and that will be further investigated as he SAYS that the boy was 18 by the time they had sex, but no one is buying that, and besides, a 45 year old man with a teenager?

Now, you sit back and watch who all reacts, how they react, and how this will come out. Most are THOROUGHLY disgusted by the whole thing, not to mention another lying politician who is suppose to be using their smarts and intelligence to serve the people, yet he makes these kinds of decisions??? We will see the slowly conditioned people race to find a way to overlook, justify, excuse, and forget what has happened here? It's being called for him to resign, but he doesn't have to. If he chooses to stay, then it will take a petition process to remove him. It is said it is difficult for it to happen that way. What else has this man done, lied about? He trashed his opponent to win this election, all the while lying about this situation as it came up during the campaign. He only came out about this because people stayed on the trail of the truth and he was pressed to come out and do something to save his skin. The kicker is people knew what kind of person he was when they voted for him, and now they are surprised? I have watched Portland and Oregon in general go down the tubes doing all the wrong things (my opinion, and another story).
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Secrets of the worst kind - similar to 3abn?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:07:36 PM »

A reporter could call up Danny or Tommy or Jim Gilley or John Lomacang, and get their comments on the situation.

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:32:48 PM »

A reporter could call up Danny or Tommy or Jim Gilley or John Lomacang, and get their comments on the situation.

As I have been listening to the buzz and details on this today (as well as the past couple days), it's been sadly but honestly stated that since you can not kick a new mayor out (impeach, fire, what have you) until after he has been in office 6 months, that to wait 6 months to do it (and this is with the public's afforts), it's a current fact of the times that people have very short memories, and would have forgotten the situation in detail as it is today. People tend to go on, dealing with other news, personal life details and events, and the impact of what this really is about would have subsided. While there is much emotion going on now, it's not really about emotion, it's about what it is, and it's horrible, it has many ramifications - it took involving many people to lie along the campaigns way, including telling this 18 yr old to deny, lie and so on. Who is even thinking about how this kid is ONLY 18, his life was affected by a popular man old enough to be his father, at his young age, also working as in intern in OR govt. It's not just about one mans lies and personal choices, it has affected many people at many levels, and more importantly, now the issue of standards held by those serving and leading....ethical issues that shouldn't even have to be wondered about. Sad.

So, all that to say, these people have a timing design in mind; admit, give people time (especially when they can't do anything to you), and after a while it will all pass. Well, that is simply wrong, it should not be so easy that time and doing nothing is what gets people by that have done such horrible, far reaching and long affecting things.

I could probably guess what Danny and 3abn would say if asked for comments. Anywhere from nothing to something judgmental about the man, as though they have none of that in their midst and never have. Who knows.
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

WillowRun

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »

Woud you be so up in arms if the younger person had been female?  David Vitter is still in the Senate.  He visited prostitutes..He hasn't resigned.

Just wondering......
Respectfully,

Willow

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »

Woud you be so up in arms if the younger person had been female?  David Vitter is still in the Senate.  He visited prostitutes..He hasn't resigned.

Just wondering......

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 04:33:36 PM »

I don't want anyone in government who do such despicable things, whether the alleged victim be male or female.

If their sense of morality is that low, I don't think they can be trusted in a position of responsibility.

As an example: If Bill Clinton couldn't be true to the vow he took at the marriage altar, what made anyone think that he would be true to the oath of office he took?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 12:16:15 PM »

Unfortunately, Bob, one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.  One's marital fildelity has little or nothing to do with their sucess or failure in their chosen profession, political or otherwise.

In fact, you have given a very poor example.  Clinton was not a good husband, but an good president.  You will have to give an example of a president was unfaithful to his wife, and jacked up the country.  Fortunately for Laura, GWB was faithful..........the country did not fair so well.

I don't want anyone in government who do such despicable things, whether the alleged victim be male or female.

If their sense of morality is that low, I don't think they can be trusted in a position of responsibility.

As an example: If Bill Clinton couldn't be true to the vow he took at the marriage altar, what made anyone think that he would be true to the oath of office he took?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 04:52:45 PM »

My thought didn't concern job performance, but rather trustworthiness.

Even among those who believe Clinton was a good president, I doubt you can find many who consider Clinton to be a man who was true to his word, who would never tell a lie, and who would keep his promises.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »

He lied to his wife.....not to heads of state and anybody who had anything to do with executing his job as President of these United States.   His job was all about trustworthiness. If he was negotiation with another head of state and they could not believe him then we definitely would have known about that.  That was not the case.  He was true and trustworthy in all other areas and it showed in that era of relative peace, prospertity, and the respect we had around the world. 

Please don't act as if you don't know this happens all the time.  Presidents are not our moral or spiritual leaders and we should not expect them to be.  Quiet as it is kept folks who commit adultery are not bad people in general, they just have a sin problem in the lust area.  I think I once before mentioned the old gospel song, "Please be patient with me, God is not through with me yet.  This is where we ALL are.  You might not play around on your wife, but it is something else, as ALL have sinned and come short.  Using Clinton was a bad example as he lied to his wife, but was real good for this country.  Doesn't Clinton's situation sound familiar to you?  and that leader was a man after God own heart, right?

My thought didn't concern job performance, but rather trustworthiness.

Even among those who believe Clinton was a good president, I doubt you can find many who consider Clinton to be a man who was true to his word, who would never tell a lie, and who would keep his promises.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 08:15:18 AM »

Let us not forget what happened. Was he ever accused of lying to his wife?

He lied under oath.

As far as not being true to his wedding vows, he lied to God.

Here's some interesting quotations from Clinton: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-64675556.html

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »

...and God and Hilary took care of that. If you know the sotry, he lied to his wife before he lied under oath.  He did have the decency enough to not let her hear all that on the nightly news.  Since he lied to her, he could do nothing else to go to the next lie......until he finally told her the truth.  However, it ALL still have nothing to do with his performance as the President.  That is not a opinion, but a fact.  He was a great president.  That in itself diminishes the accuracy of your statement.  He presidency was not a dismal failure because of his dishonesty and lack of credility, in fact it was the direct opposite.  These are facts you cannot dispute. 

Posting all the false statements by Clinton in the world will not change the facts.  Clinton has a lust problem, did bfore he got into office...the first time....was a great president.  Bush on the other hand, while quite admirably faithful to his wife, tore the country up.  Took the surplus from cheater left him and turned into the biggest deficit in our country's history.,and that is just for starters.  Iffn we didn't know it was so wrong, it seems that maybe Bush would have done better had he had a tryst whilst in office, but as I said, that is all kinds of wrong..........Unfortunately Bob, the facts don;t support your reasoning.

Let us not forget what happened. Was he ever accused of lying to his wife?

He lied under oath.

As far as not being true to his wedding vows, he lied to God.
Here's some interesting quotations from Clinton: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-64675556.html

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 04:39:48 PM »

When did God take care of it? One requirement God Himself established for taking care of it is repentance and confession. Clinton only confessed when he had to, and, given such stories as that of Achan, those kind of confessions don't count.

As far as Bush goes, I felt wronged when I read news reports that cited his foul language, for he portrayed himself as a born-again Christian during the campaign. And then he resurrected the inquisition with people disappearing, being held without charges, and being tortured. That's not what I voted for.

I never said Clinton was a dismal failure. Here is what I said:

It's a valid question and point.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 06:07:20 PM »

Christian leadership has a different set of standards than politics and business. Christian leaders are to set a Biblical example of living according to Christian principles. A politician can be immoral without breaking the law and still do a good job of governing as long as the voters don't mind, but being moral is a part of the Biblical job description in Christian leadership even when the laws of the land havent been broken.

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 04:39:50 AM »

:thumbsup:   :ROFL: This could not be better stated for "the sympathizers" --think they are smart enough know what side of the fence they are on yet????  :horse: hmm, maybe they are all out "feeding the horses".

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 10:56:18 AM »

First of all, Bob, you can't judge and don't know the status of Clinton's relationship with God.  I said that God has taken care of it, because I ultimately believe He is in control of everything.  Bill Clinton is His child and He takes care of him just like He takes care of you and me.  Are you saying God didn't do enough, or that the process needed to be visible to you. As you said, Clinton sinned against God and his wife, not us.   David only confessed when he had to, didn't he?  Nathan had to come and tell him aobut himself, did he not?  Up until that time David went on living with Bathsheba like nothing happened. What was God's reponse to him?  Once again, you are holding someone to hire standard that even God requires.....when you don't have a heaven or hell to put them in........George is completely right.

We really have to be careful about the vanishing line between church and state.  Our own end time prophecy is dependent on the fact that this will take place, and we should be aware.  We have not only not been aware, we have been helping to erase it, speeding up the evitable.  We should stop trying to hold our political leaders accountable to our religious standards.  Since they are serving many of many different religious beliefs, which standard she they uphold, all are not the same, right?

I need to clarify this.  No, you did not say that Clinton's presidency was a dismal failure, but it is the ultimate and logical conclusion to your reasoning.   Since he could and was trustworthy in his presidency, while at the very same time not being trustworthy in his marriage(and had been since being gov of AR), your question is not valid.

Christian leadership has a different set of standards than politics and business. Christian leaders are to set a Biblical example of living according to Christian principles. A politician can be immoral without breaking the law and still do a good job of governing as long as the voters don't mind, but being moral is a part of the Biblical job description in Christian leadership even when the laws of the land havent been broken.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:00:46 AM by princessdi »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up