Theology Category > Dreams & Visions

Alpha and Omega of Apostasy....

<< < (2/4) > >>

Johann:
Thank you, dburt. This important subject is also being discussed at:

http://www.adventtalk.com/forums/index.php/topic,1608.msg20592.html#new

--- Quote from: dburt on June 13, 2009, 06:12:22 PM ---It seems that perhaps we are in the midst of the Omega apostasy even now, and it has been simmering and coming to fruitation for the last 10-12 years. What is it? The inroads and even teaching of evolution in our educational institutions, and the accompanying companion of homosexual acceptance and gay marriage. It is "of a most startling nature". It targets "the best and brightest of our youth". It seeks to "wrest control of our institutions from church control".  The "Sabbath is lightly regarded". The "testomonies are made of none effect", books of a new order would be written, and our core doctrines would be changed if these apostates had thier way. Actually, when you really think about it, if you believe in evolution, there is no need for a Sabbath, why would we need a santurary message, and why a need for a last day prophet? Why we have slept, the devil and his minions have stolen a march on us, and as my grandma used to say- "the chickens are coming home to roost!" The only good thing about it?? It is a another sign that we are right at the end! Thank God this mess will soon be all over, and we can go home!

--- End quote ---

Bob Pickle:
dburt,

Do you think we might get accused of being accusers of the brethren and of engaging in gossip if we say that evolution is being taught in one of our institutions?

I certainly don't disagree with you, but I merely suggest that the concerns you have mentioned elsewhere can be inappropriately used to try to silence a wide variety of legitimate and honest concerns.

dburt:
I have two children that graduated from WWC (now WWU). Both have given specific info about professors at that institution teaching evolution. Also have a close friend's son who graduated from there in pre-med. He told me first hand about why he could no longer believe in the Biblical account of creation due to "overwhelming evidence supporting evolution" that he was taught in his science classes. One could hardly call this gossip or hearsay evidence. I presume you have read David Asherick's letter to the NAD and GC leadership about issues at LaSierra College. On several websites and blogs there are other individuals and professors named, classes and even class outlines. I find the witnesses of this info quite crediable.

Johann:
I discussed your post with a professor of biology at one of our educational institutions. He tells me that there is a diversity of opinion among the faculty on evolution-related issues, but he is not aware that anyone would teach things such as were referred to in your letter where he teaches.  Students may need to be challenged with new, uncomfortable information about issues but those challenges should be given in a supportive context. He feels the most dangerous is when a student drops out of the class in the middle of such a discussion, and might therefore go away with a very wrong impression.

--- Quote from: dburt on June 16, 2009, 09:05:33 PM ---I have two children that graduated from WWC (now WWU). Both have given specific info about professors at that institution teaching evolution. Also have a close friend's son who graduated from there in pre-med. He told me first hand about why he could no longer believe in the Biblical account of creation due to "overwhelming evidence supporting evolution" that he was taught in his science classes. One could hardly call this gossip or hearsay evidence. I presume you have read David Asherick's letter to the NAD and GC leadership about issues at LaSierra College. On several websites and blogs there are other individuals and professors named, classes and even class outlines. I find the witnesses of this info quite crediable.

--- End quote ---

Daryl Fawcett:
It isn't what is being taught as much as how it is being taught and the impression being left on any student in any class, whether or not they drop out in the middle of a course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version