Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Stan Jensen Friend or foe?  (Read 21692 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Stan Jensen Friend or foe?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »

Sister!! Lomg time no see!

As I was reading the first paragraph, it did come to me that I never heard or saw denial of the facts of the test as a whole.  Maybe on some incidents here and there, but I always got the impression that the reaction was more "who is ti that had this level of insight".   They always just wanted to know who the author was.  I think if their position that the entire thing was fiction, they would not worry as much about wh wrote it and just dismiss it. 

I have been absent from this site for at least a month or more... It amuses me to see that Stan is attempting to get the writer of "The Televangelist" to lay claim to its authorship. It is obvious from his comments that he has heard the different theories regarding the identity of the person or persons assumed to have penned this insightful glimpse into the life of Danny Shelton---based upon Danny's public acceptance and confession of himself being depicted within its content.The authorship of this document is of little consequence...its contents is of far greater importance. Do I know who wrote it? I know with certainty who did not write it: Linda Shelton. The facts presented in it were not gleaned from Linda, despite accusations from those who insist continued speculation upon its authorship or the primary source for the information contained within its pages.

Stan, how bold of you to pass judgement upon this author, insisting that their name be stricken from the Book of Life. Why? For telling the truth? For drawing back the curtain and shedding light upon the truth hidden behind the carefully scripted public persona of the televangelist? It is neither gossip nor fabrication which is included within this brief biographical work. In fact, much that could have been included has been omitted... The current contents are shocking enough without adding additional details.

So, Stan. Why such a stalwart defender of Danny Shelton? Do you know him personally? Could you swear on a Bible in a court of law as to the nature of his genuine character or just to the minute part captured on camera and broadcasted by 3ABN? Before you so harshly condemn the author of the televangelist; instead of branding this author a gossip and passing judgement upon him or her, entertain the possibility that they are a watchman on the wall sending out a warning that a wolf in sheep's clothing has entered in among the flock. Should the messanger be condemned because you are uncomfortable with the facts you have received? Even Danny, himself, admitted to the authenticity of this report of his actions, although he was not willing to take ownership to every action reported. The author has recorded all the incidents in good faith and there are numerous honest witnesses who can attest to its accuracy---not liars, disgruntled ex-employees or their spouses, ex-wives of the televangelist or others with an axe to grind---merely witnesses to the events included within the text of "The Televangelist".
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 12:33:16 PM »

Remember the day of prayer to root out the enemy within? That's always been the obsession: Identify the person concerned about the corruption, and punish, smash, defame, silence, or sue them.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 02:59:03 PM »

Remember the day of prayer to root out the enemy within?

Is that something that happened at 3ABN?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 04:55:36 PM »

I think it was early 2007, but I don't remember for sure. I remember someone writing me, puzzled about the public announcement, and wondering what that was about.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »

I think it was early 2007, but I don't remember for sure. I remember someone writing me, puzzled about the public announcement, and wondering what that was about.

It was January 2007.  I was there.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 06:40:51 PM »

What enemy was that?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 03:38:13 PM »

I'm just guessing here, but I would say it was the author of "The Televangelist".
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 04:13:51 PM »

Sister!! Lomg time no see!

As I was reading the first paragraph, it did come to me that I never heard or saw denial of the facts of the test as a whole.  Maybe on some incidents here and there, but I always got the impression that the reaction was more "who is ti that had this level of insight".   They always just wanted to know who the author was.  I think if their position that the entire thing was fiction, they would not worry as much about wh wrote it and just dismiss it. 

I have been absent from this site for at least a month or more... It amuses me to see that Stan is attempting to get the writer of "The Televangelist" to lay claim to its authorship. It is obvious from his comments that he has heard the different theories regarding the identity of the person or persons assumed to have penned this insightful glimpse into the life of Danny Shelton---based upon Danny's public acceptance and confession of himself being depicted within its content.The authorship of this document is of little consequence...its contents is of far greater importance. Do I know who wrote it? I know with certainty who did not write it: Linda Shelton. The facts presented in it were not gleaned from Linda, despite accusations from those who insist continued speculation upon its authorship or the primary source for the information contained within its pages.

Stan, how bold of you to pass judgement upon this author, insisting that their name be stricken from the Book of Life. Why? For telling the truth? For drawing back the curtain and shedding light upon the truth hidden behind the carefully scripted public persona of the televangelist? It is neither gossip nor fabrication which is included within this brief biographical work. In fact, much that could have been included has been omitted... The current contents are shocking enough without adding additional details.

So, Stan. Why such a stalwart defender of Danny Shelton? Do you know him personally? Could you swear on a Bible in a court of law as to the nature of his genuine character or just to the minute part captured on camera and broadcasted by 3ABN? Before you so harshly condemn the author of the televangelist; instead of branding this author a gossip and passing judgement upon him or her, entertain the possibility that they are a watchman on the wall sending out a warning that a wolf in sheep's clothing has entered in among the flock. Should the messanger be condemned because you are uncomfortable with the facts you have received? Even Danny, himself, admitted to the authenticity of this report of his actions, although he was not willing to take ownership to every action reported. The author has recorded all the incidents in good faith and there are numerous honest witnesses who can attest to its accuracy---not liars, disgruntled ex-employees or their spouses, ex-wives of the televangelist or others with an axe to grind---merely witnesses to the events included within the text of "The Televangelist".

Hey Di! I have been really busy this summer...too much to do and too little time. You hit the nail squarely on the head and voiced what, hopefully, everyone else should realize:

As I was reading the first paragraph, it did come to me that I never heard or saw denial of the facts of the text as a whole.  Maybe on some incidents here and there, but I always got the impression that the reaction was more "who is it that had this level of insight".   They always just wanted to know who the author was.  I think if their position that the entire thing was fiction, they would not worry as much about who wrote it and just dismiss it. 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 05:20:31 PM »

Wouldn't getting the identity of husbandoftheyear have been one of their objectives too?

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 06:04:55 PM »

I forgot the circumstances of the husband-of-the-year situation.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 06:07:04 PM »

What year did The Televangelist come out?

Johann

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:13 PM »

What year did The Televangelist come out?

Seems to me it was some time before the General Conference Session in St. Louis summer 2005 I saw it on the net. At that time Danny Shelton accused me of being the author and he trailed me thinking I was handing it out to people, which I wasn't. I didn't have a single copy of it.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »

Were they then talking about "the enemy" in 2007?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2011, 01:04:44 PM »

I think it was around the time the internet discussions were picking up, particularly BSDA.  I don't recall that "the enemy" was actually named during the Day of Prayer, nor do I recall that "the enemy" was identified as coming from within.  Not to deny it happened - I just don't recall it.  But BSDA was heated around that time.

Also, isn't that around the time that Bob and Gailon got involved?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2011, 04:30:12 PM »

Also, isn't that around the time that Bob and Gailon got involved?

August of 2006 was when we got involved.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up