Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Of Note in the Array of 3ABN Notables: Yvonne Lewis  (Read 55039 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Of Note in the Array of 3ABN Notables: Yvonne Lewis
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:00:45 PM »

Heading up the new 3ABN Dare to Dream urban network as of January 1, 2012, Yvonne Lewis expresses her excitement in this new venture.

“It seems that God is directing the focus of 3ABN and the church at large to meet the urban challenges. Inner city residents need the tools to address problems of poverty, crime, chronic disease, and the erosion of the family," Yvonne says.

She is making a transition to directing urban outreach from her former involvement for the last couple of decades with holistic health, women's issues and other interests such as auriculotherapy (a type of ear acupuncture).

Yvonne has a Doctor of Naturopathy degree from the Trinity College of Natural Health and is also a massage therapist.

Concomitantly, she is a vocalist who has recorded albums, jingles for commercials, and worked with well-known musicians, among them Whitney Houston.  She has had vocal appearances on 3ABN since 2009.
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Of Note in the Array of 3ABN Notables: Yvonne Lewis
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:07:09 PM »

With the current rumors circulating about Danny Shelton's involvement with Yvonne Lewis, the question arises, exactly what is their relationship?

Given Danny Shelton's track record with women, it is a fair question.

There has been previous discussion of the fact that Danny and Yvonne listed the same home address, cell phone and email address for both of them in a U.S. Patent and Trademark application on February 7, 2011, which was a year ago.

And, as has also been discussed, they apparently attended Whitney Houston's funeral together in New Jersey.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:19:44 PM »

Since 3ABN has been emphasizing the close relationship it has with the Seventh-day Adventist Church, pointing to General Conference President Ted Wilson's recent broadcast on 3ABN and the upcoming appearance of Elder Dan Jackson, President of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists at the 3ABN Campmeeting, wouldn't Danny and Yvonne want to avoid an appearance of anything going on between them that might look suspect?

Yvonne would seem to agree with that.  A 3ABN feature on Yvonne Lewis' new Urban Network notes that "sexual purity is a topic rarely addressed in today’s society, but Dare to Dream is not afraid to deal with it in a program called Pure Choices. 'We won’t be shying away from difficult topics,' Yvonne states."

We are waiting for an answer.   

horsethief

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 10:20:48 PM »

Interesting how Danny goes to pay respects to Whitney Houston, an admitted drug user, yet shunned his stepson Nathan when he sought Danny for help in his attempts at recovery.

Johann

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:10:54 PM »

It finally dawns on me who Yvonne is. I read her biography probably before the turn of the century. The title was YVONNE. I was very impressed with her after reading that book.

At the General Conference Session at St. Louis in 2005 she had a stand where I met her and talked to her. I recall that Linda Shelton talked with her for quite a while there. It seemed like they knew each other from before.

What confused me is that pictures of her in the 3ABN paper recently seemed like a different person. Appearances can change quite a bit in 5-6 years, especially if the weight changes.

Johann

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 11:53:39 PM »

Brings back memories. . . and there I see Dr. Agathe Thrash whirling by in some kind of an electrical devise exhibiting a great smile.

In the outer halls I see Danny Shelton rushing towards me reaching out his hand for a shake. I did not stay long enough with him for a talk although his facial expression indicated he thought he'd gained the whole world.

We'd paid something like $10 at a nearby private parking area close to the halls where the session was going on. On our return there was a great man-made deep cut in the side of the left hand rear tire, which could have cost us our lives. Who would do such a thing? Police came and had their blue lights turned on protecting us from behind while changing the tire on a bridge in heavy traffic.It was the same car which Danny claimed had his name on the title. His memory wasn't perfect either.

Johann

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 04:48:33 AM »

Interesting how Danny goes to pay respects to Whitney Houston, an admitted drug user, yet shunned his stepson Nathan when he sought Danny for help in his attempts at recovery.

This was one of the points we discussed on BSDA
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:08:19 AM by Johann »

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 07:28:18 AM »

It finally dawns on me who Yvonne is. I read her biography probably before the turn of the century. The title was YVONNE. I was very impressed with her after reading that book.

The current book that her website promotes is a paperback titled "Great Days" which is about health and wellness.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 07:35:03 AM »

(Explanation from the other thread...)

There are two similar women named Yvonne Lewis on the internet.  They are both African American.  The other is a British singer, Yvonne John-Lewis, who also goes by John Lewis.

The 3ABN Yvonne Lewis, listed as "Yvonne Lewis, Dipl.O.M.,ND,  Natural Health Author & Lecturer" on the website that promotes her latest book, also is a vocalist who has recorded and, her website claims, worked with famous musicians including Whitney Houston.  You can see her photo on the website.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

Under the heading "Area singer bids farewell to Whitney Houston" in the DailyAmericanNews.com website, you can see an article which details extensively Yvonne Lewis' friendship with Whitney Houston's mother. 

You can also view a photo of Yvonne and Danny together holding a gold record display with the paragraph underneath stating:
Three Angels Broadcasting Network’s Yvonne Lewis and 3ABN founder Danny Shelton display the gold record of Whitney Houston’s self-titled debut album. Lewis sang background vocals on the best-selling album and both she and Shelton attended Houston’s funeral Sat.

The article also says,
Shelton said at the funeral the bond shared between the two was evident.

"I noticed at the repass when we went back upstairs and (Cissy) saw her, she just said 'Yvonne, my girl,' and they embraced.  It was really touching," said Shelton.

You can read the article and see the photo of them together, dressed casually and looking very happy at
http://www.dailyamericannews.com/features/x740685130/Area-singer-bids-farewell-to-Whitney-Houston

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 08:26:58 AM »

Since 3ABN has been emphasizing the close relationship it has with the Seventh-day Adventist Church, pointing to General Conference President Ted Wilson's recent broadcast on 3ABN and the upcoming appearance of Elder Dan Jackson, President of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists at the 3ABN Campmeeting, wouldn't Danny and Yvonne want to avoid an appearance of anything going on between them that might look suspect?

Yvonne would seem to agree with that.  A 3ABN feature on Yvonne Lewis' new Urban Network notes that "sexual purity is a topic rarely addressed in today’s society, but Dare to Dream is not afraid to deal with it in a program called Pure Choices. 'We won’t be shying away from difficult topics,' Yvonne states."

We are waiting for an answer.

I have personal experience with at least one GC employee getting extremely agitated over the topic of the 3ABN litigation.  They are watching this very closely.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 08:28:27 AM »

Interesting, Snoopy.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »

Given the article, photo, Yvonne's new elevated position at 3ABN, as well as the statement by Murcielago in the other thread:

I have reason to believe that Jackson is already aware of a romantic relationship there.

I don't understand why the 3ABN chief defender, on her website, said on January 9, 2012,

Let's see, is there any way to make this more simple for the simple-minded? -- Danny does not have a gf. GF stands for: girlfriend.

Would Yvonne Lewis take exception to that statement?

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 08:31:35 AM »

Bob and Gailons litigation is over....has been for a while now, so why would they be watching it closesly?

And if you are speaking about my litigation why does th  GC care? They are not named as defendants.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »

You can read the article and see the photo of them together, dressed casually and looking very happy at
http://www.dailyamericannews.com/features/x740685130/Area-singer-bids-farewell-to-Whitney-Houston

The article says she's the general manager? When did that happen? Wasn't it Mollie?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up